• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

Khilandros

Anyone else playing on PC and totally unable to do those arena fights (they look like red save points)?

Every time I try to load it up, it hard locks the game when it say "(monster name) appears".

The Aragami trials are from the God Eater DLC, which we don't have yet...just ignore them until we get the DLC.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is there a lot of backtracking in the game ?
I hear some people complaining about this .

There is if you don't wanna spend a lot of money on fast-travel. Fast travel always uses a certain percentage of your existing gald, so it's a high amount if you've got a lot of gald .

ys45

There is if you don't wanna spend a lot of money on fast-travel. Fast travel always uses a certain percentage of your existing gald, so it's a high amount if you've got a lot of gald .

I hope there is not too much backtracking, I hate backtracking .

Mendrox

Is Rose terrible or something in the game? I've met her in town and she seems cool and I like her design more than Alicia's. >_>

Ahhh noo I main Rose! Just said that for the people complaining that it is the best version. Rose is OP and she can outdo fusion dmg easily. :)

Huh, PC modding opportunities has me hoping that someone makes a way to change your field character. I know it wouldn't make story sense (and probably needs some animation work), and it's a small thing, but I miss being able to switch up who I can run around as.

mdzapeer

So whats the best solution AA solution with DSR 4k?

SGSSAA? how is it done? I only see it has a transpancy AA option with MSAA. Or gotta use with super sampling AA 2X2? This is with Nvidia inspector.

Fauve

Hey guys, I played for a few hours last night and have a couple of questions.

1) I noticed that you can only chain up to 4 actions in combat instead of as much as your resources allow you to like in Graces, Destiny, Hearts, and the Xillias. Is there anything that will let me extend my actions?

2) For difficulties, how much XP am I losing for picking hard mode? And do I also get the drop rate bonus that moderate mode gives?

Hugstable

Banned
hmm I seem to be stuck in this early game sewer dungoen. They are asking me to observe the sewer door and it askes me to use a key, but I have no key and don't see anything that I'm able to do to progress.

EDIT: NVM I"M DUMB

Crevox

1) I noticed that you can only chain up to 4 actions in combat instead of as much as your resources allow you to like in Graces, Destiny, Hearts, and the Xillias. Is there anything that will let me extend my actions?

The skill "Ekseed" lets you do 1 more attack in a combo. There may be more, but you get this fairly early on with some equipment, so that's what I've found. Besides that, you can do a Chain Blast once you unlock that battle action.

2) For difficulties, how much XP am I losing for picking hard mode? And do I also get the drop rate bonus that moderate mode gives?

https://www.reddit.com/r/tales/comments/3pdk0c/zestiria_difficulty_values/

Zankou

Hey guys, I played for a few hours last night and have a couple of questions.

1) The skill Ekseed adds an additional attack. You need to stack 4 of the same skill to get it.

2) I don't know for sure but I think you lose 20 % on hard. But the gald drop rate is increased and you have a higher drop rate

Crevox

But the gald drop rate is increased and you have a higher drop rate

I'm not sure if there is actually a higher drop rate. As far as I've seen, hard mode just gives a chance of certain skills becoming "x2" skills, gaining double effect.

For example, you could get Mynd x2 for +8% A-ATK instead of +4% (note, the skill is actually called Mynd x2, it's not just two Mynds on the same item). So far this has only happened to me once, and I've never turned the game off hard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tales/comments/3pdk0c/zestiria_difficulty_values/[/url]

Wait a minute, moderate gives me LESS exp? I didn't know that!

Switching to normal ASAP. I usually always play on moderate when it comes to new Tales games but I'm not gonna do it if they're gonna cheese the exp system like that this time.

Fauve

The skill "Ekseed" lets you do 1 more attack in a combo. There may be more, but you get this fairly early on with some equipment, so that's what I've found. Besides that, you can do a Chain Blast once you unlock that battle action.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tales/comments/3pdk0c/zestiria_difficulty_values/

1) The skill Ekseed adds an additional attack. You need to stack 4 of the same skill to get it.

2) I don't know for sure but I think you lose 20 % on hard. But the gald drop rate is increased and you have a higher drop rate

Oh cool, chaining more IS possible! Thanks for the responses guys.

Momentary

Banned
Why is the game running at 30fps on PC, but it looks like it purposely "throttles" enemy animations and character animations that are far away. It even does it when there are a ton of enemies on the screen at once. The thing is, the game is running everything else at 30fps. Is this some sort of technique they implemented with the PS3 version of the game to help with performance and they just forgot to take it out of the PC/PS4 version. I'm guessing that it happens on the PS4 version as well.

Peff

Wait a minute, moderate gives me LESS exp? I didn't know that!

Switching to normal ASAP. I usually always play on moderate when it comes to new Tales games but I'm not gonna do it if they're gonna cheese the exp system like that this time.

Don't. Normal is a joke and experience is mostly worthless.

EDIT: Yeah, that weird stop-motion-esque technique was in the PS3 version as well, probably to handle the draw distance better.

alekth

OK, I know alternative costumes are to be ignored, but this feels really weird.

351970_2015-10-21_00004.png

Especially after half a dozen people in Ladylake were very enthusiastic about asking me whether I knew about the Shepherd while I was still in the story costume.

Especially compared to the first. Silent protagonist, the entire game is almost all recycled enemies and areas from Xillia 1, needlessly gating off the story until you complete tedious side quests. I could be wrong, but I remember it being shorter as well.

Elle is Xillia 2's only redeeming aspect. She's pretty awesome.

Xillia 2 is one of the high points of the franchise amigo. Sorry.

Especially compared to the first. Silent protagonist, the entire game is almost all recycled enemies and areas from Xillia 1, needlessly gating off the story until you complete tedious side quests. I could be wrong, but I remember it being shorter as well.

Uh and the fucking awesome combat versatility you mean. The recycled areas and debt system were a real bummer though.

artsi

Why is the game running at 30fps on PC, but it looks like it purposely "throttles" enemy animations and character animations that are far away. It even does it when there are a ton of enemies on the screen at once. The thing is, the game is running everything else at 30fps. Is this some sort of technique they implemented with the PS3 version of the game to help with performance and they just forgot to take it out of the PC/PS4 version. I'm guessing that it happens on the PS4 version as well.

EDIT: Yeah, that weird stop-motion-esque technique was in the PS3 version as well, probably to handle the draw distance better.

I don't know the technique but I remember it from Demon's Souls and some other games too, the animations are lower FPS far way.

Go to 1:50 and look at the most furthest monsters.

Crevox

Yeah, it's a common optimization tactic. My biggest example is FFXI, there's an option to turn that on and off for other models.

MegaPanda

Didn't know about that Ekseed skill, gonna try stacking as much of those as I can now.
I hate the 4 combo limit and I really hate how quick steps are included as part of the combo

Durante

Tons of games reduce the update rate of distant animations, e.g. it was just discussed in the thread about the new Halo. It's obviously more severe when it's reduced from 30 to 15 rather than 60 to 30.

Given how well the game runs on a toaster they I guess it would have been nice if they had tried to remove that optimization for the PC version.

R0ckman

Thought Elle was complete garbage and annoying as hell, overall the game was okay though, increase her age a bit and I bet she would universally be hated. Really enjoy Edna though.

To be honest the series hasn't felt great to me since they merge the two studios that worked on 2D and 3D titles. Last game I absolutely adored was ToDr, besides the edits to get that Leon DC cash in, they nailed it. I also am not fond of the motion capture direction, it looks goofy and unless its somehow cheaper, they are better off saving their money for some other area in development.

On an entirely different note what happens if
you choose to run away from the assassin after getting Edna from the mountain
?
Just fused with Edna and beat the hell out of her despite the game telling me to run.
The scene seems to have been affected afterward.

TheTrain

I say as much in the article, but what really impressed and surprised me most in this port were the mouse/kb controls.

I still prefer playing this type of game in the "couch ecosystem" (which includes a controller and a huge screen), but they did a great job on the controls.

Durante is there a way to have the mouse "working" while downsampling with gedosato? I tried every single combination with the mouse settings, inside the GeDo ini obv, without luck unfortunately

Durante

Durante is there a way to have the mouse "working" while downsampling with gedosato? I tried every single combination with the mouse settings, inside the GeDo ini obv, without luck unfortunately
Well, I just pushed a profile with both the mouse settings and the PSHash, and it's working perfectly for me.

Rhapsody

Banned
It's weird how people shit on Xillia 2 now. It seems like people pretty unanimously said it was better than Xillia before it was released in the US. Kinda like how people said Type-0 was the best FF game in years and then it came out and everyone shat on it.

I probably enjoyed it more than Xillia when I sped through it. I used to like the first ToX as I was playing it. Once you get near the end, it just doesn't hold up that well on mechanics and post game content.

Top Bottom