• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You gotta light them facing the number; any other side of the pedestal won't do.
Oh! Didn't think of that. Thanks!

Stuart444

Haha, I've enjoyed the side quests.

So some questions: (major late game spoilers):

1. Just saw the scene from the Origin Village. Wasn't the Dawn of Chaos years ago before Sorey and Mikleo would have been born? If so, how are they so young (17 or something right?). Or am I missing something/is it explained at all later on?

2. How far am I from the end now (roughly in hours)?

3. Just going to say, I have no upgraded Soreys weapon in a while, it's still a Calcite Sword+2 Because every Sword I find seems so weak and puts down almost all my stats and stfuf. :( Not a question, just an annoyance. (probably the same for the others as well though I am using the item ordering thing to get Dragon Tails so I can sanctify Mikleo's Dragon Tail weapon lol)

Quoting myself from the last page though I don't think I need to know 2 anymore, I assume I only have a few hours left based on the last cutscene I saw.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Heh, only now I noticed a certain detail on Mayvin's coat.

tV4UMUF.jpg
tumblr_lmnl32jFS41qlofvuo1_400.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That's because the PS3 version was a subpar port of the half-frame rate PS2 version, they didn't even bother applying half decent anti aliasing on it. The crappiest excuse for a remaster ever.

Don't forget also the visuals were downgraded in the PS2 version.

Hugstable

Banned
I really wish they'd just release them all at once. By time they get around to most of them I'll have the game beaten and over with!

I actually stopped playing the game and went to play older Tales of games I didn't finish yet because I wanna wait for the costumes. Waiting mainly for Eva and Idolmaster. Are we supposed to be getting the blue exorcist stuff also?

Delio

Went ahead and spent Battlefront money on this instead. Fun so far just got to when you first fuse with Laliah. The weapon system is interesting so far only thing i dont get is the skill chart thing but it's fun.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I sure hope I find the gold key soon because I've been missing all these chests and I've already forgotten where they were

It's found in an area very late in the game which you cannot access earlier because of malevolence reasons.

When you're able to cross the great camelot bridge, it's in the zones further ahead of it, from the desert beyond the camelot bridge, go south in the foggy marsh and its the ruins in the ruined/wrecked town.

Just found a really interesting tidbit here.

Late in the game you can go to Glaivend Basin
and find a Dragon Warlock type boss hellion wandering around. If you fight it Lailah will say these types of hellions are born from great resentment. I didn't read the target lock descriptions to see if there's more information here but after you beat it you'll get a small skit where Zaveid says that it's not a full fledged dragon but it could have fooled him because of its strength.

Rose will then say that for some reason she feels that the Dragon Warlock resented them specifically, based on her gut feeling. I think this skit is supposed to point out the fact that the Dragon Warlock that you find here is actually the female seraphim that you can find on the cliff near the Rolance base camp prior to the event where the blue haired seraphim is turned into a dragon as a result of Heldalf engineering another battle between Hyland and Rolance. If you talk to her before hand she will say that her love was kidnapped by Heldalf. Her love, being that blue haired seraphim you see turning into a dragon in that cut scene.

In other words the resentment she felt towards the party for killing her love turned her into a hellion and this is why Rose's gut feeling tells her that the resentment was aimed towards them specifically.

Stuart444

So I just did the
Tiamat fight.

Apart from the fps drops, I'd say that was my favourite fight yet. The music was awesome in both parts of the fight <3

Dude Guy

Just found a really interesting tidbit here.

Late in the game you can go to Glaivend Basin
and find a Dragon Warlock type boss hellion wandering around. If you fight it Lailah will say these types of hellions are born from great resentment. I didn't read the target lock descriptions to see if there's more information here but after you beat it you'll get a small skit where Zaveid says that it's not a full fledged dragon but it could have fooled him because of its strength.

Rose will then say that for some reason she feels that the Dragon Warlock resented them specifically, based on her gut feeling. I think this skit is supposed to point out the fact that the Dragon Warlock that you find here is actually the female seraphim that you can find on the cliff near the Rolance base camp prior to the event where the blue haired seraphim is turned into a dragon as a result of Heldalf engineering another battle between Hyland and Rolance. If you talk to her before hand she will say that her love was kidnapped by Heldalf. Her love, being that blue haired seraphim you see turning into a dragon in that cut scene.

In other words the resentment she felt towards the party for killing her love turned her into a hellion and this is why Rose's gut feeling tells her that the resentment was aimed towards them specifically.

giphy.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So I just did the
Tiamat fight.

Apart from the fps drops, I'd say that was my favourite fight yet. The music was awesome in both parts of the fight <3

Yeah but the actual fight model was a lot smaller than the scene before it :p

such a cop out.

Bowlie

Banned
I sure hope I find the gold key soon because I've been missing all these chests and I've already forgotten where they were

For what is worth, I'm putting together some kind of "map guide", with informations like chests, discovery points, monoliths, etc., to help future players.

The problem is that I've done one of the four trials and I'm already at 50 images, so it may take a while:

Bladenic

My party has been, without some switching in battle for different enemies, Lailah and Edna. Dezel is good too, but poor Mikleo strikes me as the worst Seraph individually.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I hate using Lailah mostly because of her terrible hitbox on many of her Alpha Artes. It's pretty annoying. Mikleo and Edna are pretty easy. Rose is a bit weirder than I remember...

So, uh, what's the deal with
Dezel's eyes?

I had an alternate hairstyle on him, so I didn't see what
his eyes looked like when Medusa knocked off his hat.
lol

Anteater

It's found in an area very late in the game which you cannot access earlier because of malevolence reasons.

When you're able to cross the great camelot bridge, it's in the zones further ahead of it, from the desert beyond the camelot bridge, go south in the foggy marsh and its the ruins in the ruined/wrecked town.

For what is worth, I'm putting together some kind of "map guide", with informations like chests, discovery points, monoliths, etc., to help future players.

The problem is that I've done one of the four trials and I'm already at 50 images, so it may take a while:

Sidequest quides on the internet are actually pretty lacking I think

Arctus Ruins is where the key is.

I haven't run into it yet I think lol

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Do you ever get the option to
take Dezel's hat off? He looks really cool without it on

Late-game sidequest - Do you guys know where
John and Shino are? I heard they're right outside from the boss battle after Rose kills the guy who was using them to steal art, but I can't fucking find them

This game could have used a real quest log.

Alucrid

Banned
need some advice, mid game after the
fire shrine

i'm at medusa in the shrinechurch and just saw that she's level 50. most of my characters are 22-25, but i haven't had much trouble until now. her earth arte one shots me. have i just been severely underleveled this entire time and now have to grind it out or am i not supposed to be here right now?

Saphirax

fire shrine

i'm at medusa in the shrinechurch and just saw that she's level 50. most of my characters are 22-25, but i haven't had much trouble until now. her earth arte one shots me. have i just been severely underleveled this entire time and now have to grind it out or am i not supposed to be here right now?

Are you playing on hard?
I was around the same level as you when I beat her. Her earth arte only oneshot me once/twice but otherwise she was easy to beat, especially if you use Dezel.

Bowlie

Banned
Sidequest quides on the internet are actually pretty lacking I think

Yes, they are. I found a site with super vague descriptions, and spoilers. I'll try to record this kind of stuff in the next playthrough!

fire shrine

My characters were 25-30 at that time, but maybe I was the one overleveled. Could the problem be your equipment? And make sure to use
Dezel / Wind Kamui

Stuart444

Just a note: I recommend going after the gold key after you face a certain boss near the end of the game. After you enter
the Origin Village
(very late game, name of the area spoiler).

Lots of gold chests now.

kewlmyc

Woohoo, after like 10 tries, I finally beat the Behemoth on hard. Got 0 grade due to 11 death though. His stun combos that one shot you suck. You have to dodge everything he throws at you which sucks when the AI doesn't feel like dodging.

Are we not expecting Namco-Bandai to participate in Steam sales and discount the DLC?

Why would you think that? N-B even had a sale weekend a few months back.

You have to kill him. None of the sidequests in this game have alternate endings.

Gotcha.

Late-game sidequest - Do you guys know where
John and Shino are? I heard they're right outside from the boss battle after Rose kills the guy who was using them to steal art, but I can't fucking find them

This game could have used a real quest log.

Rose is your quest log in this game.
Go back to the Tintagel Ruins in Volgran Forest. They are just outside of the ruins.

Just a note: I recommend going after the gold key after you face a certain boss near the end of the game. After you enter
the Origin Village
(very late game, name of the area spoiler).

Lots of gold chests now.

Are you doing all the sidequests? Like
fighting Eizen (then sleeping at an inn then going back to where you fought him), talking to Sergei in Pendrago, Seraphim at Camelot Bridge camp, speaking to townsfolk at Lohgrin about Mayvin, etc. Because if you're not you're missing out on some Mystic Artes.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Woohoo, after like 10 tries, I finally beat the Behemoth on hard. Got 0 grade due to 11 death though. His stun combos that one shot you suck. You have to dodge everything he throws at you which sucks when the AI doesn't feel like dodging.

Why would you think that? N-B even had a sale weekend a few months back.

For DLC? Which games? Which platform?

I forgot to mention I'm on PC (Steam).

Ken

Noob question. Should I be rotating Seraphs in and out for experience points or do they all gain? I lost Leliah in an early boss fight so she's a level behind everyone else, and now I have more than 2 Seraphs.

Should I also be worried about her being behind in level or does everything even or cap out at the end?

This is my first Tales game I'm playing for more than 5 hours so not really sure.

Noob question. Should I be rotating Seraphs in and out for experience points or do they all gain? I lost Leliah in an early boss fight so she's a level behind everyone else.

This is my first Tales game I'm playing for more than 5 hours so not really sure.

XP is shared, you don't need to swap in and out for that.

Top Bottom