• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

Astray

There are probably 2 camps at ms right now.

One that is wanting all their games every where like Satya and Tim Stuart and then you have those who don't want any of their games going like Phil and booty.

The camp that is super pissed with the black myth situation is probably the latter.
Doesn't take a genius to know that Satya's camp is winning this fight lol.

He's considered to be one of the best all-time tech CEOs. Phil Spencer isn't even the 3rd best CEO of Xbox.

Are you under the impression MS is playing nice because they are just nice people? They are playing nice with Sony because they are losing money and need a return on that 70 billion they just spent.
Nooo. They'd play nice because $$$ in other areas aside from the console I mean. Like what you said for example. And if MS is moving away from exclusives/their own console they could well need Sony in the future.

Last edited:

demigod

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

I'm overdosing on popcorn lmfao.

Civil War

Ken Watanabe Godzilla GIF by Legendary Entertainment

Three

I bet there is some possible PS5 Pro porting benefits or future showing that's getting misconstrued as an "exclusivity deal".
They did that with SFV.
Did what with SF5? They helped port with no exclusivity deal, and didn't even advertise or market SF5 at all? How is that in any way similar to this situation? That goes against everything you've been saying about SF5 up to this point.

MacReady13

Why does Microsoft or ANYONE really care? Microsoft have the "best deal in gaming"... So what. They lose 1 game to put onto their rental service. Who cares? They have over 200 games on there so why do they need this game? Everyone knows NO ONE playing on Xbox consoles wont buy it and it has managed to sell over 10 million units making money for the devs, and not for Microsoft.

Anyway, game is great and more people should buy it instead of waiting for it to come to a rental service. Devs need support and money, not Microsoft.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I heard Xbox has a secret deal with Firewalk to make Concord exclusive on PlayStation

That is some good leadership right there. :messenger_beaming:

This is some Game of Thrones Season 2 caliber political intrigue going on here.

This thread needs to lighten up...

Anyone know what this chick's name is???

Holy shit, how the fuck did they get away with saying that on TV even back then, lol.

Last edited:

Katatonic

Sony does this kind of thing (apparently). They've already been accused of paying to keep games off Game Pass https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/10/23300133/microsoft-sony-xbox-game-pass-blocking-rights-accusation so this wouldn't really be anything new.

The weird thing to me is that if that's true why would MS play nice with Sony after Sony does something like that? Unless MS is just letting consoles go maybe? In that case they wouldn't care much I guess.
You must not know much about MS' history in the video games market. They're just getting owned at their own game, embarrassingly so.

Bernardougf

MS peacing out and going 3rd party melted brain cells for good this year ... holy shit.

But I will say this.. if this rumor, wich contradicts all the facts we have untill now, is true, then is a very large statement about the stupidity about who is running the shit show Playstation is becoming right now.

Last edited:

Bitstream

Would be strange for Sony to sign any sort of exclusivity arrangement, timed or otherwise, and not plaster it all over their marketing like how they typically do. Would help them see some return on any investment they've made. With that in mind, if sony did pay for any sort of arrangement, why does the dev still have an xbox version coming soon still listed on their website? This whole thing stinks of green team damage control

ManaByte

Would be strange for Sony to sign any sort of exclusivity arrangement, timed or otherwise, and not plaster it all over their marketing like how they typically do. Would help them see some return on any investment they've made. With that in mind, if sony did pay for any sort of arrangement, why does the dev still have an xbox version coming soon still listed on their website? This whole thing stinks of green team damage control

Sony funded Street Fighter V but they didn't plaster the ads with "PLAYSTATION EXLCUSIVE"

Bitstream

ManaByte

Here's an article from gamespot back in 2014 when it was announced at Sonys Playstation Experience event in Las Vegas, where it was revealed as a ps4 & pc exclusive from the get-go. Being heavily invested in SF at the time, I remember the moment well. - https://www.gamespot.com/articles/street-fighter-5-revealed-as-a-ps4-pc-exclusive/1100-6423993/

Yes it was exclusive. But the reason was because Sony helped fund the development. And one of the stories going around is that Sony paid for the PS5 port of Wukong, which is the same thing.

Bitstream

Yes it was exclusive. But the reason was because Sony helped fund the development. And one of the stories going around is that Sony paid for the PS5 port of Wukong, which is the same thing.
the point is, you mentioned sony funded SFV while being quiet about it, the proof I've provided above indicates that this is completely false, and it was advertised as a PC and PS4 exclusive from the get go.

adamsapple

the point is, you mentioned sony funded SFV while being quiet about it, the proof I've provided above indicates that this is completely false, and it was advertised as a PC and PS4 exclusive from the get go.

You know these things can be googled pretty easily. Capcom have outright said that there will never be any version of SFV on Xbox because of their partnership with Sony.

"One comment we see a lot is that something like a Super Street Fighter 5 is going to come out on Xbox," said the representative. "But the reality is that this is a real partnership. We are console exclusive for this franchise for this numbered run."

Paul tassi and ign continues their attempts to smear wukong and game science

Just recently he tried with the “streamer’s guide” leaks without receipts

I am seeing a pattern

The streamers guide thing was real. Multiple streamers got it, just reviewers didn't.

Last edited:

Bitstream

You know these things can be googled pretty easily. Capcom have outright said that there will never be any version of SFV on Xbox because of their partnership with Sony.

exactly, and it was clear from the get go that SFV was going to be a Sony and PC exclusive because of the partnersnip they've had. Capcom has mentioned this several times, Sony helped fund the game, and without their funding, it wouldn't be possible.

Gamescience and Black Myth never made any such comments, and neither has sony. See the difference?

Orbital2060

Sony helping out with getting at least one console version playable sounds likely imo. The game was still announced for xbox before the June gameshows, and then after it was only PlayStation. So no time for an extensive marketing campaign. But still a short exclusivity deal in that context.

peish

The streamers guide thing was real. Multiple streamers got it, just reviewers didn't.

Yeah but which streamers? Did they show the receipts? Or just paul and ign corroborates meh

Stu_Hart

I haven't been keeping up, but didn't the devs themselves said that they are optimising the xbox version? Which is which now?!?

adamsapple

Yeah but which streamers? Did they show the receipts? Or just paul and ign corroborates meh

Like I said, multiple streamers have corroborated it separately in their own tweets and/or youtube videos.

These were just sent to 'content creators' and even then not to everyone.

SRTtoZ

Holy fucking shit. This is downright dirty as fuck.

How many deals could be made like this where they done even say it's due to an exclusivity deal. And saying it's a technical issue so it's also creating a negative perception of the hardware.

So much crow to be served here. Fuxk Sony for this dirty assed exclusive money hats.

At least have the balls to say you've done it.

Despicable.
"dirty ass money hats" lmao. Meanwhile Microsoft is buying 70b dollar game companies that have always been on PlayStation and now they're not. But Yea Sony are the money hats.

Bitstream

MS bought Activision over 2.5 years ago. How many Activision games before or now or future have been cancelled on PS?
Promising to keep bringing COD to PS for the next 10 years is likely the only reason the FTC allowed this type of thing to go through in the first place. MS isn't in any position to sell console exclusives since their platform is comparatively doing poorly; rest assured that the day there are no longer any anti-trust indications, and it is monetarily feasible to stop selling on PS, MS will immediately do so.

Top Bottom