• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

And the other source that IGN heard from? And Jez and the Microsoft statement which strongly alluded to a exclusive deal? And the no denial from either Sony or the developer, either could easily come out and dismiss the growing rumours stone cold, but their silence is deafening.

I'm not expecting common sense from someone who writes Phil Spender but maybe ask your parents for guidance on the matter?
The developer already said why it's delayed.

Darsxx82

I still believe that there is part "truth" and part "lie" and that is the cause of so many contradictory accounts.

Part of my doubts about the "innocence" of the situation are in the fact of how and where the cancellation of the XBOX version of Wukong was announced.

There I believe that there is a clear complicity between SONY and GameSciencie to advertise the game at the expense of the announcement of the cancellation of the Xbox version.

-Less than 2 months before the release date. Delays like this are announced much earlier.

-Do it at one of the most important event of the year (SGF) The idyllic situation for Sony in terms of advertising impact and the worst blow to MS with the total complicity of the Studio...

Too strange in a situation supposedly of good faith. Of course it is not usual, even less so if there is no agreement of any kind and your desire is to look good with one of your partners to whom you have caused reputational damage.🤷

Therefore, the line of facts that would most connect with the contradictory stories would be:

1. The Studio is young and does not have enough resources and developers for the size of the project

2. The game is clearly developed with PC in mind and then ported to consoles.

3. The project reaches popular interest and massive following.

4.The release dates are approaching and development is not flowing accordingly.

5. Sony offers the Studio to help optimize the PS5 version and market and promote the game at major events. The condition that Sony sets and signs is that the PS5 version must come out on the scheduled date along with the PC version.

6. The date is approaching and the optimization conditions on the console are not the best and Sony demands that the Studio comply with what has been signed and prioritize the PS5 version and that work on the Xbox version be stopped.

7. Game Science informs MS that it must cancel the XSeries version at a later date because it must comply with an agreement with SONY that requires it to prioritize the launch and development of the PS5 version.

Therefore:

-Can it be said that there is no temporal exclusivity agreement in itself? YES

-Can you say that the cancellation of Wukong on Xbox is due to an agreement between the Studio and Sony? Also YES

-Can you say that Studio is NOT lying when it says it needs more time to optimize the XSeries version? YES

No one lies, but no one tells the complete truth, surely because it suits no one.

MS looks like an ass because it has once again succumbed to Sony's 4D Chest game and is left it's users without the bestseller of the year on its platform.
SONY does not want to stain itself again with the image of arrogance and foul play to harm the competition.

The Studio would lose the image of a serious company that meets its partners.

Whatever it was, in a serious world and in the face of so much noise, the parties should come out and explain the situation point by point. But as I said, I believe that the complete truth as it suits no one.🤷

Last edited:

akira__

Well, I hope we can all come together and accept the truth which ever side you end up on.

I'll eat my crow for going off the handle as I'm not a fan of shady shit.

But, if it ends up being true there's a lot of people who should admit it and feel a little bit embarrassed.

Funny enough it seems to be all the same people who put lol emoji on my posts.
All come together for what?

The facts are. There is no marketing, and the developer still has a message on their website stating that the Series version is under development.

But lets entertain the idea. Hermen went to China, gave them a secret handshake with a $100 bill, and whispered "No Series"

Even if such a deal had taken place, how would it be any different from Stalker 2 being exclusive to Xbox?

PS: it's funny this rumour comes back after 10 million sold.

Last edited:

eerik9000

Sony funded Street Fighter V but they didn't plaster the ads with "PLAYSTATION EXLCUSIVE"
Bro, they announced Street Fighter V at PlayStation Experience and dragged Yoshinori Ono to the stage to say that it was exclusive to PS4 and PC. In the following years they tied Capcom Cup to PSX. They made it very clear that they had Street Fighter V. Claiming otherwise is just misrepresenting of what happened.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Just on the lineup front you've got it completely wrong but that's par for course with the PS shill brigade. Age of Mythology Retold, Starfield Shattered Space DLC, Flightsim 2024 update, Stalker 2 console exclusive and Indiana Jones 😘
So a dlc an update and 2 timed exclusives...Damn best line up ever!!!!

Edit :Oh I think I know what happenned, in your haste to defend Ms you misunderstood what I said , I was talking about what already released.But your point about what is coming is nothing to write home about either dude.

Last edited:

NEbeast

Dench and all the xbox flat earthers looking stupid right now.
Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

NEbeast

I still believe that there is part "truth" and part "lie" and that is the cause of so many contradictory accounts.

Part of my doubts about the "innocence" of the situation are in the fact of how and where the cancellation of the XBOX version of Wukong was announced.

There I believe that there is a clear complicity between SONY and GameSciencie to advertise the game at the expense of the announcement of the cancellation of the Xbox version.

-Less than 2 months before the release date. Delays like this are announced much earlier.

-Do it at one of the most important event of the year (SGF) The idyllic situation for Sony in terms of advertising impact and the worst blow to MS with the total complicity of the Studio...

Too strange in a situation supposedly of good faith. Of course it is not usual, even less so if there is no agreement of any kind and your desire is to look good with one of your partners to whom you have caused reputational damage.🤷

Therefore, the line of facts that would most connect with the contradictory stories would be:

Therefore:

-Can you say that the cancellation of Wukong on Xbox is due to an agreement between the Studio and Sony? Also YES

-Can you say that Studio is NOT lying when it says it needs more time to optimize the XSeries version? YES

No one lies, but no one tells the complete truth, surely because it suits no one.

MS looks like an ass because it has once again succumbed to Sony's 4D Chest game and is left it's users without the bestseller of the year on its platform.
SONY does not want to stain itself again with the image of arrogance and foul play to harm the competition.

Whatever it was, in a serious world and in the face of so much noise, the parties should come out and explain the situation point by point. But as I said, I believe that the complete truth as it suits no one.🤷
Drugs are bad, kids.
Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Mate you're making yourself look silly, I listed 5 games, either new releases or significant updates with significant new content. Admit your wrong and move on, you'll feel better.
Wow impressive xbox has updates coming guys, I think sony should just close shop they can't match update.Dude all this is not that great but let's get into details.
Stalker 2 ....will it come out this year? this game had more delays than trailers and rightfully considering their situation.
Then Starfield dlc and flight sim update ...Those really are important you think ?
Age of mythology retold a remaster and Indy a timed exclusive...
Add Hellblade 2 and damn what a year xbox has had.

Wow impressive xbox has updates coming guys, I think sony should just close shop they can't match update.Dude all this is not that great but let's get into details.
Stalker 2 ....will it come out this year? this game had more delays than trailers and rightfully considering their situation.
Then Starfield dlc and flight sim update ...Those really are important you think ?
Age of mythology retold a remaster and Indy a timed exclusive...
Add Hellblade 2 and damn what a year xbox has had.
Delusional.

demigod

Therefore:

That is some serious 4D chess that Sony was able to manufacture the potato machine.

Astray

I'm glad Sony hasn't said anything yet we can see who actually have good sources but I definitely don't trust ign at all
They won't say anything because why interrupt your enemy when he's fucking up? "No, the biggest game of 2024 is not exclusive to us and will come out on Xbox in due course" is not going to be a beneficial statement to Sony.

Xbox shills literally going out of their way to give Sony a W out of thin air when they needed one the most.

And then they whine about how gamers don't want competition and won't buy Xbox.

StueyDuck

who would of thought a serviceable chinese made souls ripoff 7-8/10 monkey game would have caused this much distress in the games "Journalism" community.

And deep down it's all about console wars too, ladies and gentlemen we really are going backwards to return the greater time in gaming. I prefer we all argue about the monkey game exclusivity than spider-man being bad cause he spoke to a police officer.

Yoboman

who would of thought a serviceable chinese made souls ripoff 7-8/10 monkey game would have caused this much distress in the games "Journalism" community.

And deep down it's all about console wars too, ladies and gentlemen we really are going backwards to return the greater time in gaming. I prefer we all argue about the monkey game exclusivity than spider-man being bad cause he spoke to a police officer.
In reality is it is about access

The journalists don't have a symbiotic relationship with Chinese devs and publishers so they treat them like shit... The emergence of the Chinese market worries journalists for this reason

Journalists crying foul of workplace and woke standards to Chinese devs is completely meaningless

You only need to go back a few gens to find journalists saying Japanese games sucked - because they had no access there. Now Japanese publishers normally have a bigger US office the journalists are friendlier

Last edited:

Roberts

Honestly, the more I hear about this story, the more I feel something is just lost in translation here with the conflicting reports. I still don't feel like Sony money hatted the game, no evidence points to that outside of "sources". But just wondering if sony got involved to just help with the performance on PS5 and to maybe not cause a delay like the Xbox version had. Like maybe they just had xdev or some support studio help out with optimization and to make sure it launched the same day as PC still. Just a random guess but seems logical from my view point.

Edit - Didn't see Shepsel pretty already said what I did, missed that through the thread. But yea, that still seems like the best bet imo.
Yup, that is what I speculated about a week ago.

demigod

You got double crow to eat, man.

You're in this thread shooting down any possibility that Sony have done a dirty here. Defending them like fuck and you are completely wrong. Like so wrong.

There has been a deal, sony are dirty as fuck and we have clear evidence of silent back door deals going down from them.

Fuck them. I'm not buying a pro now. They should have been honest and owned this shit.

Fuck all the stans defending them too. Like you.

Well, I hope we can all come together and accept the truth which ever side you end up on.

But, if it ends up being true there's a lot of people who should admit it and feel a little bit embarrassed.

The only embarrassment is your meltdown. You were quick to call Sony out again and defend MS while castrating others. Now that more credible folks came out to dispute the claims, you want to hold hands and sing kumbaya. We know your game, stop pretending to be neutral. It's really pathetic.

StueyDuck

Ok guys it's time.

Pick retard journalist team A. Or retard journalist team B.

I'm on team 1

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Didn't occur to you that you "going off the handle" is the reason for the emojis?

Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

Sw0pDiller

The game woud run like a turd on series s. If at all. Thats the main problem, plus games wont sell on xbox. So Lots of time and resourses spend on optimisation and no sales.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Man the Xbros are just kinda sad and pathetic at this point. All they have is petty squabbling and conspiracy theories.

To me it seems pretty straight forward. If Sony had paid for exclusivity they would have done their standard marketing push for the game. They haven’t, so logic dictates that they didn’t.

TehDark

Banned
Do Sony really need exclusively deals with Xbox being basically dead, I'm sure we are all aware that its not financially viable for developers to create games for Xbox anymore, there is a reason why Microsoft are bringing their games to PS5. Its just common sense at this point. Allowing paid "insiders" to tell you something different with all the evidence regarding the situation at Xbox and believing them is wild.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I think Jeff Grubb is right on this especially considering how the game has performed. More than likely Sony recognized that this game had massive potential and also saw Game Science was struggling to get it done. They offered resources to help with the PS5 version, not an exclusivity deal. With that help, Game Science is prioritizing the PS5 version and putting off the Xbox version.

That makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than paying for an exclusivity deal with zero marketing behind it.

Top Bottom