• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Anybody with an IQ above room temperature will know that there is no exclusivity deal.

You don't do an exclusive deal and pay millions of dollars and then not talk about it. Sony didn't market the exclusivity deal. They didn't even market the game FFS. There is no exclusivity deal here.

And if there was, Microsoft could have simply released one statement:

"We have seen rumors about Black Myth Wukong not being on Xbox due to technical issues. We wanted to clarify that the game isn't on Xbox due to any technical issues, but it is due to Game Science's own business decision."

But the fanboys and fan-publications gonna do the same song and dance that they have been doing.

Last edited:

jm89

lol....Tom Warren deleted the tweet.
cinema-absolute.png

Astray

I think Jeff Grubb is right on this especially considering how the game has performed. More than likely Sony recognized that this game had massive potential and also saw Game Science was struggling to get it done. They offered resources to help with the PS5 version, not an exclusivity deal. With that help, Game Science is prioritizing the PS5 version and putting off the Xbox version.

That makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than paying for an exclusivity deal with zero marketing behind it.
Like I said yesterday. Microsoft have no clue about IP and as such, they won't know what game looks like a hit and which ones don't.

lol....Tom Warren deleted the tweet.
He was talking about how after thinking it over, it's unlikely that Wukong is a PS exclusive.

Must have gotten some negative feedback on his discord chat.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Like I said yesterday. Microsoft have no clue about IP and as such, they won't know what game looks like a hit and which ones don't.

He was talking about how after thinking it over, it's unlikely that Wukong is a PS exclusive.

Must have gotten some negative feedback on his discord chat.

Someone managed to get a screenshot of that?

solidus12

These Xbox fanboys are delusional: On one hand, they say PlayStation is also abandoning exclusives and that it is a matter of time when PS Studios games will release on Xbox; on the other hand they say that PlayStation is moneyhatting Black Myth Wukong... Stick to one version, will you?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
He said the more he thought about this the more he didn't believe there was an exclusivity deal here because it didn't make sense without marketing. Something many of us here have been saying for a while.
Damn so Tassi is backtracking, Warren says he thinks there's no exclusive, Grubb and Shpshal nick say that there are no exclusivity deal just like extas1s and the dev says it is for optimisation ....
Maybe it is time to look at the firsts posts of this thread seeing who will be true to their words?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
The going theory seems to be a Microsoft executive was chuffed about the Xbox memory leak Tweet getting discussion online so went running to Jez and Paul of all people to try and save face. Just embarrassing. No wonder Xbox is cratering.
That would be a slimy thing to do right ?
DenchDeckard DenchDeckard quick!!! To the tamper tantrumobile ... Oh right it''s a Ms slimy thing so totally OK.

How does MS/XBOX not have enough resources to send to Game Science to help with the Xbox version? They have one of the best if not the best studios with UE5 knowledge. Makes no sense.

Jaybe

That would be a slimy thing to do right ?
DenchDeckard DenchDeckard quick!!! To the tamper tantrumobile ... Oh right it''s a Ms slimy thing so totally OK.
It’s so weird. Pretty much all companies don’t comment on competitors actions, particularly any supposed deals. Probably why this was done anonymously, but we know it was Microsoft reaching out to bloggers they have cultivated. Seems slimy for sure.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
It’s so weird. Pretty much all companies don’t comment on competitors actions, particularly any supposed deals. Probably why this was done anonymously, but we know it was Microsoft reaching out to bloggers they have cultivated. Seems slimy for sure.
Can you imagine them doing that? It would be like spreading a fud campaign about the competitor performance, let's say for example lower number of terraflops ?
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
I just got to this thread and read it through, what a rollercoaster. There is so much noise from these "insiders" that I have just reflexively tuned them out over the years. Throwing everything at a wall to occasionally have a few things stick just hurts their credibility in my eyes. The fact that they are playing the "telephone" game is too apparent to ignore.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yeah, but he is still mischaracterizing that as a "temp exclusivity deal".
Those marching orders came down to back off

The damage has been done with how people were saying its now ironclad and thats how Xbox wants it, stirring shit so people aren't talking about the real issue the Series S

I hate how Xbox tries to constantly wage war instead of just putting their heads down and make great games

With the crap Sony has been putting out Jim Ryan literally set the ball on a T for Xbox to get back in the game

But Phil

Uh Oh Oops GIF by Boomerang Official

akira__

I just got to this thread and read it through, what a rollercoaster. There is so much noise from these "insiders" that I have just reflexively tuned them out over the years. Throwing everything at a wall to occasionally have a few things stick just hurts their credibility in my eyes. The fact that they are playing the "telephone" game is too apparent to ignore.

Let's list what these "insiders" ever got right.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

The damage has been done with how people were saying its now ironclad and thats how Xbox wants it, stirring shit so people aren't talking about the real issue the Series S

I hate how Xbox tries to constantly wage war instead of just putting their heads down and make great games

With the crap Sony has been putting out Jim Ryan literally set the ball on a T for Xbox to get back in the game

But Phil

It's nice to know the level of honesty to expect from MS ....0, and it's been that way for too long.

Stafford

I don't care about any of this, only if it's still coming to Xbox. So is it? Last I read was that there was a memory leak and before that it was about optimising Xbox versions. Is it still that?

Topher

Gold Member
I don't care about any of this, only if it's still coming to Xbox. So is it? Last I read was that there was a memory leak and before that it was about optimising Xbox versions. Is it still that?

That's what Game Science says. Still coming to Xbox.

Jaybe

But Phil

Makes sense for MS to back off. They shouldn’t have engaged bloggers in the first place. Streisand Effect was starting to materialize, getting the poor Series S performance to be talked about more and more. And for some reason amplifying this is on PlayStation only. Such a strange thing for Xbox to put out to its bloggers, all because the weak console got knocked by a Twitter guy.

Last edited:

zapper

it seemed to me from the beginning that ms/xbox invented the story of exclusivity to justify again the idiotic choice of presenting themselves on the market with two sku and the obligation to support both.
do the latest updates from yesterday/today suggest something else?

Topher

Gold Member

But Phil

Yeah, his failure at Xbox has become even more apparent now that we actually see more details about Xbox profitability in the financials and the only thing making money for "Microsoft Gaming" is ABK.

Top Bottom