• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

demigod

Romantic Comedy Drink GIF by filmeditor
You were pushing this pretty hard yesterday, what happened my G?

Duellist

How gamers continue to support this retarded company is beyond me. You could tell from the beginning that this was made up. Anyone with half a brain would have seen that. As if Sony would have paid for exclusivity and not marked the shit out of it. This is nothing more that Microsoft trying to save face. Hilarious

Last edited:

Elios83

So much drama about something pointless, it's easy, in both cases Microsoft is a loser 🤭 :messenger_grinning_sweat: 🤷‍♂️ 🥇
They either fucked up with their Series S hardware and the effectiveness of their technical support or they just don't get games and don't have a clue about what could be the next big hit unless it's already spelled out by the market to them and they let the competition snatch the game under their nose. In both cases a bad outlook.

Personally I doubt there is an exclusivity deal otherwise there would have been marketing activity.
It's just a matter of developers choosing to give priority to PC/PS5 development and other platforms have been left behind.

Last edited:

Klayzer

The only embarrassment is your meltdown. You were quick to call Sony out again and defend MS while castrating others. Now that more credible folks came out to dispute the claims, you want to hold hands and sing kumbaya. We know your game, stop pretending to be neutral. It's really pathetic.
And it's always so predictable.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You were pushing this pretty hard yesterday, what happened my G?

The impossible pivots happened my B. 🫢

Nick went from a fake insider to a credible folks.

The only embarrassment is your meltdown. You were quick to call Sony out again and defend MS while castrating others. Now that more credible folks came out to dispute the claims, you want to hold hands and sing kumbaya. We know your game, stop pretending to be neutral. It's really pathetic.

Earlier:

r3YCWlk.png

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

Jaybe

So this is Xbox’s Social Media Manager last night. Seems like Series S being highlighted as an issue for Wukong has the Xbox people running defense, with this and getting bloggers to write about it not being the reason Wukong skipped Xbox for now. Clown behaviour.

4ZoYrlD.jpeg

Last edited:

laynelane

So much drama about something pointless, it's easy, in both cases Microsoft is a loser 🤭 :messenger_grinning_sweat: 🤷‍♂️ 🥇
They either fucked up with their Series S hardware and the effectiveness of their technical support or they just don't get games and don't have a clue about what could be the next big hit unless it's already spelled out by the market to them and they let the competition snatch the game under their nose. In both cases a bad outlook.

Personally I doubt there is an exclusivity deal otherwise there would have been marketing activity.
It's just a matter of developers choosing to give priority to PC/PS5 development and other platforms have been left behind.

I agree with your second statement. It was my thought too. Sony offered resources to ensure the game wasn't delayed on PS5 because they read the market correctly - in terms of the game's sales potential. MS didn't because Phil and team were, as usual, clueless and now we have these damage-control tactics occurring.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I agree with your second statement. It was my thought too. Sony offered resources to ensure the game wasn't delayed on PS5 because they read the market correctly - in terms of the game's sales potential. MS didn't because Phil and team were, as usual, clueless and now we have these damage-control tactics occurring.
Bingo.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Folks getting caught with those tails between! This is why one should pay close attention to the rocks they choose to throw at houses that shatter…. when they’re in one.
Well I never said I believed it, declined to make a bet on it multiple times, and I had a great time in the thread yesterday. Even got to call demigod demigod retarded.

I will say though, if it's just tech support, MS are absolute morons for putting out the statement that they did. Just explain that it's coming and they're working on the port and it takes a bit longer. No one gives a damn when they hear that Hogwart's Legacy takes a bit longer to get to Switch. MS has great communication sometimes then they do dumb shit like this. Indefensible to talk about no comment on exclusivity arrangements if it doesn't even exist. Total clown response.

Bitstream

I hate how Xbox tries to constantly wage war instead of just putting their heads down and make great games

With the crap Sony has been putting out Jim Ryan literally set the ball on a T for Xbox to get back in the game

But Phil

Uh Oh Oops GIF by Boomerang Official
This is what irks me as well, Sonys push for GAAS has lead to a massive drought in triple A first party exclusives, all MS had to do was release some incredible games over the past few years, and they'd still have decent market share. If that 'xbox e3' event happened last year and those games actually came out over the past year instead of being shown with no release date , it would be a very different ballpark. In Sony's moment of weakness, all MS did was show up with insults, they should have showed up with games.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
That would be a slimy thing to do right ?
DenchDeckard DenchDeckard quick!!! To the tamper tantrumobile ... Oh right it''s a Ms slimy thing so totally OK.

DenchDeckard DenchDeckard

About those apologies 🥸

If it's true that this shit has come from MS and Paul Tassi plus Jiz Cordon are making it up from the MS shill messaging then 100% fuck them and MS. Paul Tassi should resign at a bare minimum.

What a set of clowns.

This whole industry is a joke and if it is 100% MS doing this weird messaging shit they should just leave gaming alone.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

If it's true that this shit has come from MS and Paul Tassi plus Jiz Cordon are making it up from the MS shill messaging then 100% fuck them and MS. Paul Tassi should resign at a bare minimum.

What a set of clowns.

This whole industry is a joke and if it is 100% MS doing this weird messaging shit they should just leave gaming alone.
He needs to be a banned source.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

What a set of clowns.

See? Here you are questioning veracity ...How come it didn't happen yesterday?Just for the record extas1s said on tweeter that the source is an anonymous MS executive....And he seems confident unlike tassi and warren now weird right?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
See? Here you are questioning veracity ...How come it didn't happen yesterday?Just for the record extas1s said on tweeter that the source is an anonymous MS executive....And he seems confident unlike tassi and warren now weird right?
Who is extas1s? Does he write for a huge media company like forbes?

Jaybe

Man, Xbox are going full on defense for the Xbox Series S, between the Xbox Social Media Manager posting a picture of one to both Paul and IGN specifically saying it wasn’t a technical issue, seems like clear talking points were fed to them by Xbox. That eXtas1s tweet really has them shook.

IGN understands that no tech issue that would delay Black Myth: Wukong has been reported to Xbox

0fDE8cR.jpeg

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
They had so much high expectations
9997s1c.jpeg
What's bad about the Series S is the forced parity

I have played with a Series S on the cloud and for what it costs its not a bad little machine just people have to know its got its limitations

Its how Xbox marketed this machine as a "next gen" device and people did expect it to keep up with its bigger brother

Plus people like Tom Warren with the Tweet it runs faster than a PS5 or however he worded it

LordCBH

What's bad about the Series S is the forced parity

I have played with a Series S on the cloud and for what it costs its not a bad little machine just people have to know its got its limitations

Its how Xbox marketed this machine as a "next gen" device and people did expect it to keep up with its bigger brother

Plus people like Tom Warren with the Tweet it runs faster than a PS5 or however he worded it

I keep hoping I can find one under $200 to slap in my bedroom to replace the awful Fire Stick.

Top Bottom