• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

Mr Moose

Who is extas1s? Does he write for a huge media company like forbes?
I think it's the guy who said he went to GamesCom and said he talked to insiders and devs who claimed it was a memory leak issue. Were the Wukong devs at GamesCom? I'd put his info in the same category as Pauls.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

rocky-iv-dolph-lundgren.gif

Have said this before Mike and Phil butted heads often while he was at Xbox

But here lies the problem, look who Mike is interacting with, like they all did even when he worked at Xbox

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Known leaker that hasn't backtracked and that is according to HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 more reliable than Tassi ...Forbes ain't that great about video games far from it just like Tassi.
I still expect a professional media company to have staff that do their due diligence over any old leaker on the Internet.

How the fuck has journalism got to this state?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Honestly seeing how MS is playing dirty,if I was Sony, I'd now actually try to money hat the game and even make the dev say that it is because both Xbox can't handle it...Maybe two can play the lying game now?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I still expect a professional media company to have staff that do their due diligence over any old leaker on the Internet.

Imagine ... You can say anything and gullible people buy it and even worse you get more money than by not saying it...
Even worse imagine some people throw tamper tantrums about your fake rumor exposing all their bias?

solidus12

IGN aren’t known for their professionalism either.
8p2nAmv.jpeg

It’s been like this since forever; moreover, they have literal shills working for them doing Xbox propaganda.

Last edited:

DryvBy

Man, Xbox are going full on defense for the Xbox Series S, between the Xbox Social Media Manager posting a picture of one to both Paul and IGN specifically saying it wasn’t a technical issue, seems like clear talking points were fed to them by Xbox. That eXtas1s tweet really has them shook.

IGN understands that no tech issue that would delay Black Myth: Wukong has been reported to Xbox

0fDE8cR.jpeg

I called out Paul immediately when I saw his stupid name. He's always full of crap but all the people think maybe there's a chance he source wasn't deep within his colon.

The guy is clearly full of shit and now stepping back on his own word. He should loss his current job and the next, whatever that is.

At the very least, he should probably be blacklisted as a source. He's been criticized for clickbait before but this takes it to a whole new level. No one's gonna care that he's walking it back now; they'll just go with the original story and say something like "Sony must be threatening him!" to justify the walk-back.

This just goes to show how shoddy most Western games journalism is these days, and has been for a while. Too many folks itching to get the big scoop, but don't take the time to verify their info before running a story. It's ridiculous.

I called out Paul immediately when I saw his stupid name. He's always full of crap but all the people think maybe there's a chance he source wasn't deep within his colon.

Now he's just running with theories other people already came up with 😂

Last edited:
Have said this before Mike and Phil butted heads often while he was at Xbox

But here lies the problem, look who Mike is interacting with, like they all did even when he worked at Xbox

Do you think people would sub to HBO MAX if Netflix had House of the Dragons? I think not. Exclusives matter! People saying that they don't matter are full of shit including a lot of so-called game journalists and don't let me forget that 2 face Parris guy from twitter/Kinda Funny.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
My "g", you entered the thread asking for ban bets and pivoted from your long held belief's about Grubb and Nick overnight. Don't talk about anyone elses pivots :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Can I legit ask what made you pivot so quickly from ironclad?

Do you think people would sub to HBO MAX if Netflix had House of the Dragons? I think not. Exclusives matter! People saying that they don't matter are full of shit including a lot of so-called game journalists and don't let me forget that 2 face Parris guy from twitter/Kinda Funny.
I really believe Xbox wants to move away from that whole this is the only place to play this game and in no small part that their consoles aren't selling well so they want to get their games on as many platforms as possible.

They will prove this point even more very soon

I really believe Xbox wants to move away from that whole this is the only place to play this game and in no small part that their consoles aren't selling well so they want to get their games on as many platforms as possible.

They will prove this point even more very soon

I agree but they need to come out and say that. That's it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I don't think I have. Unless there's a specific post where you think I pivoted.

Both Topher Topher and myself have said since the discussion started yesterday that GS or Sony can come out and clarify this to end the discussion.

I think Imran is a very credible person and if he says the source is ironclad, I have no reason to think otherwise. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Skifi28

Both Topher Topher and myself have said since the discussion started yesterday that GS or Sony can come out and clarify this to end the discussion.
It'd be pretty stupid for Sony to respond. Imagine having an exclusive (at least in the minds of everyone) without paying a dime. What would they even say? "Don't worry guys, an Xbox version is coming." Seems like the people running damage control for MS are doing free marketing.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
It'd be pretty stupid for Sony to respond. Imagine having an exclusive (at least in the minds of everyone) without paying a dime. What would they even say? "Don't worry guys, an Xbox version is coming." Seems like the people running damage control for MS are doing free marketing.
No it must be Sony to answer outlandish claims that Tassi is already backtracking ....Then he'll say he doesn't believe Sony.

adamsapple

The games publisher, at the minimum, should have clarified that there's no exclusive deals in place. The longer they stay quiet, the shadier it looks.

Topher

Gold Member

I think Imran is a very credible persona and if he says the source is ironclad, I have no reason to think otherwise. 🤷‍♂️

Eh....that wasn't a credible statement from him though. He was guessing as to who the source was. Said he was pretty sure he knew who it was. Plus, as I said before, he was catering to a resetera crowd that absolutely despises Game Science. Plenty of reason to think otherwise about what Imran said.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

I think Imran is a very credible person and if he says the source is ironclad, I have no reason to think otherwise. 🤷‍♂️
Why should Sony come out and clarify? lol.

And GS has already clarified. It's not their problem if certain folks, wearing tinfoil hats, refuse to believe their official stance and instead choose to cook up fiction that can put their favorite $3 trillion company as a victim.

Last edited:

Skifi28

The games publisher, at the minimum, should have clarified that there's no exclusive deals in place. The longer they stay quiet, the shadier it looks.
Why? It's not really their fault random people started rumours and not answering works best for them. I see no obligation to clarify another company's "slimy platform things" .The only one I can imagine being pressured to respond would be the developers since they'd like people to buy the eventual Xbox release, but they've already given an official answer and they don't seem eager to repeat it.

Last edited:

Three

You mean like that time where everyone was concerned about the 'radio silence' when PS5 apparently didn't support raytracing and Xbox Series did? They don't see a reason to get involved in the petty xbox console war that fantards like to perpetuate. Especially as Game Science has already clarified that there is a delay due to optimisation issues.

Mr Moose

We are currently optimizing the Xbox Series X|S version to meet our quality standards, so it won't release simultaneously with the other platforms. We apologize for the delay and aim to minimize the wait for Xbox users. We will announce the release date as soon as it meets our quality standards.

diffusionx

Gold Member
If there was an exclusivity, then why is there no cross promotion, why didn't Sony send me a notification about it the way they did for Rise of the Ronin or FF7R Rebirth, why don't trailers have PlayStation logos on them, correct me if I am wrong but this seems like the most secretive exclusivity ever.

Sony doesn't owe Paul Tassi or Jez Corden anything, though. If I was Sony I would just let this ride, ESPECIALLY if there was no exclusivity agreement.

Last edited:

adamsapple

The only one I can imagine being pressured to respond would be the developers since they'd like people to buy the eventual Xbox release, but they've already given an official answer and they don't seem eager to repeat it.

Indeed. GS is the developer and publisher and they should have PR people ready to quash issues like this over social media.

I've used the Phantom Blade example before. It's a smaller publisher and they've even openly talked about only being on PS5 at launch, but they still replied within a few hours when some fake quotes were being attributed to them about Xbox.

Game Science being quiet is not helping this at all. They are capable of saying something beyond the optimizations line from a while ago.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Indeed. GS is the developer and publisher and they should have PR people ready to quash issues like this over social media.

I've used the Phantom Blade example before. It's a smaller publisher and they've even openly talked about only being on PS5 at launch, but they still replied within a few hours when some fake quotes were being attributed to them about Xbox.

Game Science being quiet is not helping this at all. They are capable of saying something beyond the optimizations line from a while ago.
Again, Game Science doesn't have to respond to every crackpot on the internet.

Topher

Gold Member

The probably won't say anything because of the fact that Microsoft had to flap their gums about it and it isn't in Game Science's best interest to basically say Microsoft is full of shit.

Then the crackpots win 🤷‍♂️

lol....crackpots only win when you give them the attention they crave.

Last edited:
Top Bottom