• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

diffusionx

Gold Member
Then the crackpots win 🤷‍♂️
Sony wins, especially if they don't have paid exclusivity. It's like they get the benefit of it without having it, for free. Not for everyone, but for some people who really want to play this game. If one of them buys a PS5 because they think Sony locked up the game, then they win. Like, why would Sony go out and say "no, we don't have exclusive for this hugely hyped game, just hold tight and you will be able to play it on Xbox soon!"

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Indeed. GS is the developer and publisher and they should have PR people ready to quash issues like this over social media.

I've used the Phantom Blade example before. It's a smaller publisher and they've even openly talked about only being on PS5 at launch, but they still replied within a few hours when some fake quotes were being attributed to them about Xbox.

Game Science being quiet is not helping this at all. They are capable of saying something beyond the optimizations line from a while ago.
And again, you keep ignoring what Topher Topher shared above. Game Science has responded.

They have no obligation to keep responding every day just because fanboys can't let it go and must whine as soon as they wake up.

Yep

ycvttnR.png

Here's step by step instructions for xbox fans to the most reliable source we currently have

1. Visit the official website at www.heishenhua.com

2. Click the 3 lines at the top right and select news

3. Scroll slightly down and select read more. Now scroll further down until you find the pre order FAQ. Select it

4.scroll down until you reach the question about which Platforms the game will release on.

5. READ THE FUCKING ANSWER CAREFULLY!

6. If you still can't comprehend, see your mental healthcare provider for an evaluation

Hope that helps.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Then the crackpots win 🤷‍♂️
The problem is where do you draw the line in responding?

Jez slings some mud because someone whispers to him there is a deal?

Tassi adds on but now seems to be waivering?

A lot of other insiders have debunked this

Heck what if you take to social media and say things, should they debunk what you say?

I think it would be different if literally everyone was saying the same thing but we have what 2 outliers?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
And again, you keep ignoring what Topher Topher shared above. Game Science has responded.

They have no obligation to keep responding every day just because fanboys can't let it go and must whine as soon as they wake up.

I find the notion that some of y'all are saying that the publisher of the game has no obligation to respond to large-scale rumors about a game they're publishing absolutely wild :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Folks keep citing this as 'yet another example like Baldurs Gate 3' without remembering how well Larian was communicating the whole time through.

Larian or people associated with Larian talked about the Xbox version of Baldurs Gate 3 numerous times over social media, they even gave an estimated release window for the game before the PS5 version even came out.

Last edited:
I find the notion that some of y'all are saying that the publisher of the game has no obligation to respond to large-scale rumors about a game they're publishing absolutely wild :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Folks keep citing this as 'yet another example like Baldurs Gate 3' without remembering how well Larian was communicating the whole time through.

Larian or people associated with Larian talked about the Xbox version of Baldurs Gate 3 numerous times over social media, they even gave an estimated release window for the game before the PS5 version even released.

Why don't you believe the statement they already put out? If they said the same thing again, you would make excuses and still wouldn't believe it.

Last edited:

adamsapple

It's not their job to respond to every stupid rumor that comes from the internet. I actually think it's normal that companies don't respond to this stupidity.

It's the publishers job to communicate about a game they're publishing. The game is already out, it's up to them to clarify the state and estimated release window of a version they promised.

diffusionx

Gold Member
It's the publishers job to communicate about a game they're publishing. The game is already out, it's up to them to clarify the state and estimated release window of a version they promised.
Except they did clarify as pointed out several times. I just dont see why they need to have to respond to retards like Jez and give him oxygen. They can if they want, but normal people can look at their website and see what people posted.

If Sony did indeed lock this game up I would have expected to see the cross promotion like you do for every game they lock up. I've seen none of it. If Sony did have exclusivity I would be asking why aren't they hyping it.

akira__

I don't think I have. Unless there's a specific post where you think I pivoted.

Both Topher Topher and myself have said since the discussion started yesterday that GS or Sony can come out and clarify this to end the discussion.

I think Imran is a very credible person and if he says the source is ironclad, I have no reason to think otherwise. 🤷‍♂️
What is the end game in believing this secret source, currently the game is not on xbox. That fact will stay the same.

So let's go with that PlayStation did pay for this secret exclusivity and then?

How is that different then Stalker 2?

This whole thread is about rumors contradicting what they said. They have not followed up to clarify one way or the other since their original statement.

It's really not that hard.

Clarify what? Their initial statement was the truth. They don't need to do jack shit! Guess what? They're probably too busy getting it to a playable form on xbox series s. We have no reason to believe they lied. Unlike those insiders.

adamsapple

Except they did clarify as pointed out several times. I just dont see why they need to have to respond to retards like Jez and give him oxygen. They can if they want, but normal people can look at their website and see what people posted.

It's not just Jez though, the 'news' is on big sites like Forbes and IGN now.

Do they have a literal obligation? No. But should they, considering they're publishing it? Absolutely.

Someone used an example of how Sony didn't clarify the RT thing when Xbox fans were talking about. I can't talk about every point, but as an example, Sony's principal engineer(s) absolutely came out and clarified the "is PS5 RDNA 2 or not" kind of statements when those rumors started.

So let's go with that PlayStation did pay for this secret exclusivity and then?

How is that different then Stalker 2?

STALKER 2 wasn't announced to launch on PS5 day and date before getting delayed near the end tho.

Not sure how that's a relevant example here.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Larian or people associated with Larian talked about the Xbox version of Baldurs Gate 3 numerous times over social media, they even gave an estimated release window for the game before the PS5 version even came out.

In Tom Warren's latest article, he talks about "rumors" of Forza Horizon 5 coming to PlayStation. According to you, Microsoft is "obligated" to address that.

Last edited:

Three

GQmxcMVXQAAx11R

4 months later Larian said no you're full of shit Jez we have no exclusivity deal.

adamsapple

In Tom Warren's latest article, he talks about "rumors" of Forza Horizon 5 coming to PlayStation. According to you, Microsoft is "obligated" to address that.

Was Forza announced to release on PS5 before being delayed?

and I'm not sure why you're changing your stance here when you said this yesterday:

If Sony or Game Science don't shoot it down then I'm just assuming it is true at this point. Not sure why they are bothering to play games with this shit after so many other timed exclusives.

You should be agreeing with me considering we're saying the same thing.

4 months later Larian said no you're full of shit Jez we have no exclusivity deal.

The publisher clarifying ends the crackpot arguments.

Whoda thunk.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member

Do they have a literal obligation? No. But should they, considering they're publishing it? Absolutely.

Someone used an example of how Sony didn't clarify the RT thing when Xbox fans were talking about. I can't talk about every point, but as an example, Sony's principal engineer(s) absolutely came out and clarified the "is PS5 RDNA 2 or not" kind of statements when those rumors started.

STALKER 2 wasn't announced to launch on PS5 day and date before getting delayed near the end tho.

Whatever happened to "We don't respond to rumors or speculation." This is total boilerplate. Anything but that means that crazy people and idiots are in charge of your PR, because they can shit out whatever and you are now supposed to discuss it.

These Xbox shills have some narrative in their head that Xbox is persecuted. That's why they came up with this, the Xbox tax, all of that. It's not based on anything rational outside of the fact that the game is not on Xbox yet. If IGN or Forbes could explain why Sony paid for exclusivity but has not promoted it all, that would be great.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Was Forza announced to release on PS5 before being delayed?

Irrelevant. Microsoft is "obligated" to respond to rumors about their games. That's according to you.

and I'm not sure why you're changing your stance here when you said this yesterday:

Bullshit. I never said Game Science was "obligated" to respond. I said I was going to assume it was true if they didn't. That's about my own thought process, not how they should handle PR. And that was based on what was known at the time, before Jeff Grubb weighed in.

You are seriously reaching now man.

Last edited:

th4tguy

Both of these things can be true.
If Sony has a timed exclusive deal, it doesn't mean the devs aren't actively working on a Xbox port of the game, with the issues they stated.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Irrelevant. Microsoft is "obligated" to respond to rumors about their games. That's according to you.

Bullshit. I never said Game Science was "obligated" to respond. I said I was going to assume it was true if they didn't. That's about my own thought process, not how they should handle PR. And that was based on what was known at the time, before Jeff Grubb weighed in.

Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

akira__

That wasn't the question. The question was: If the secret source/sauce is correct what then?

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Whoda thunk.

lol....no it didn't. The crackpots continued making crackpot claims. There were folks on twitter saying it was paid exclusive even after the Xbox version was announced.

This is nothing more than a continuation of the hate propaganda plaguing the game and the study. The first person to spread these rumors, and everyone else who supported them, know full well that it's not true.

I call this a total Scam, these journalists always looking for stupid topics (with help of AI) to boost their tweet views (money) and article hits (money). That's what it is, 100%, and the stupid users always fall for the bait. Get something popular then milk it.

Last edited:

adamsapple

How is it irrelevant?

One is a game that was announced for a platform before getting a last minute delay.

The other is just a rumor.

If Forza were announced for both PS5 and Xbox but get a delay a month before release on PS5, then it would be irrelevant, otherwise this is just a cheap attempt at a gotcha.

I never said Game Science was obligated to respond either.

That wasn't the question. The question was: If the secret source/sauce is correct what then?

You said 'how is it different than STALKER 2'. I just clarified how it is.

Last edited:

Three

Whoda thunk.
The point is that they didn't see a reason to respond to 'the crackpot' for 4 months and we just found out after a tweet much later. Jez wasn't "winning" anything in that time period and Larian saw no reason to respond to him or his articles on why it's not coming to xbox. Game Science have even clarified from the getgo what the issue is.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
How is it irrelevant?

One is a game that was announced for a platform before getting a last minute delay.

The other is just a rumor.

If Forza were announced for both PS5 and Xbox but get a delay a month before release on PS5, then it would be irrelevant, otherwise this is just a cheap attempt at a gotcha.

Oh I see.....you just get to pick and choose which rumors publishers are "obligated" to respond to and Microsoft gets a pass. Convenient.

I never said Game Science was obligated to respond either.

You cannot be serious right now

Last edited:
I just hope he’s wrong about Final Fantasy 16 and 7 being announced on Xbox this coming TGS.

That would be glorious to watch.
This gen there are no vague exclusivity periods on Playstation. We know the formal period from the start then developers may take more time to port the game elsewhere.

Astray

I said this when Jez wrote his initial cope piece, and I feel very emboldened to quote myself and bask in my remarkable foresight.

Just so people can understand, this game is rn the #1 wishlisted title on Steam, even surpassing Silksong.

This is going to be a much bigger launch than most anticipated and someone at Microsoft is absolutely seething that they won't be part of it.

adamsapple

The point is that they didn't see a reason to respond to 'the crackpot' for 4 months and we just found out after a tweet much later. Jez wasn't "winning" anything in that time period and Larian saw no reason to respond to him or his articles on why it's not coming to xbox.

They were talking about bringing out the Xbox version the same day, or the day after, Jez's tweet.

Oh I see.....you just get to pick and choose which rumors publishers are "obligated" to respond to and Microsoft gets a pass. Convenient.

Topher, are you for real with this strawman? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You're comparing an already announced product which was given a confirmed release date in trailers on showfloors being delayed a month before, to something that isn't even announced or real at this moment?

Game Science *IS* publishing Black myth on WuKong on Xbox. Xbox *IS NOT* publishing Forza on PS5 as of yet since it's not announced.

You cannot be serious right now

No, the word obligation is a direct pull from Heisenberg's post I was quoting.

You already have my more recent post highlighted.

Last edited:

Astray

I just can't understand how they (Xbox executives) continue to misread the market. It's comical how bad they are at their jobs.
Sony put something in the water at Redmond and put small pebbles into their shoes so they can't get to where they're going.

It's all Sony all the time brah.

Top Bottom