• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

Topher

Gold Member
her, are you for real with this strawman? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You're comparing an already announced product which was given a confirmed release date in trailers on showfloors being delayed a month before, to something that isn't even announced or real at this moment?

Wrong. I'm comparing rumors of two different games. When they were announced, released, whatever has nothing to do with it. The rumors are "real at this moment".

No, the word obligation is a direct pull from Heisenberg's post I was quoting.

You already have my more recent post highlighted.

Those were YOUR words refuting what Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 said that they had "no obligation". You were damn near mocking him for saying that and called it "absolutely wild".

Your gaslighting being more recent doesn't change that.

Do yourself a favor.

7sx43g.jpg

Klayzer

The real story here is one of Xbox management utterly fucking up expanding their brand into new territory.

Once again, Sony have gotten there first and are establishing themselves in China.
All of that Microsoft war chest, and they won't invest in new markets.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wrong. I'm comparing rumors of two different games. When they were announced, released, whatever has nothing to do with it. The rumors are "real at this moment".

I like that you went through the trouble of large-fonting my post and highlighting the word obligated but ignored this.

I find the notion that some of y'all are saying that the publisher of the game has no obligation to respond to large-scale rumors about a game they're publishing absolutely wild :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Again, generally you're good about these things which is why I'm having a hard time digesting the strawman you're presenting here.

Those were YOUR words refuting what Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 said that they had "no obligation". You were damn near mocking him for saying that and called it "absolutely wild".

Your gaslighting being more recent doesn't change that.

Nah, my posts and its words are pretty clear. You are selectively choosing to pick and prod words from it and use it as a gotcha moment.

One more time since you keep repeating the strawman.

Microsoft is not publishing Forza on Xbox, as of yet.

Game Science is publishing Black Myth on Xbox.

That comparison is bogus.

Last edited:
For this rumor to be cooked up it must be some crazy stuff going on behind the scene at Xbox and it's smart for Sony to push to have the game ready the same time as PC. Microsoft should've had the same foresight but they continue to lie to themselves about the series s not being a problem for devs the Series X has been getting the short end of the stick all gen if the S never existed this game obviously would've launched the same time.

Topher

Gold Member
I like that you went through the trouble of large-fonting my post and highlighting the word obligated but ignored this.

Again, generally you're good about these things which is why I'm having a hard time digesting the strawman you're presenting here.

I like how you keep coming back with completely contrived points that change nothing about what is being said.

Nah, my posts and its words are pretty clear. You are selectively choosing to pick and prod words from it and use it as a gotcha moment.

One more time since you keep repeating the strawman.

Microsoft is not publishing Forza on Xbox, as of yet.

Game Science is publishing Black Myth on Xbox.

They are both publishers of their respective games and according to you that means they are obligated to respond to rumors concerning those games.

But now you are pretending that statement only applied to rumors about platforms they are currently publishing to, even though you said jack shit about platforms.

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Last edited:

adamsapple

But now you are pretending that statement only applies to rumors about platforms they are currently publishing to.

???

The whole topic is about a game that was already announced for a platform. My post was about the publisher clarifying things on a game they're publishing.

How you keep equating it with something that doesn't even exist is astounding.

Jerry Seinfeld No GIF by HULU

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I like how you keep coming back with completely contrived points that change nothing about what is being said.

They are both publishers of their respective games and according to you that means they are obligated to respond to rumors concerning those games.

But now you are pretending that statement only applied to rumors about platforms they are currently publishing to, even though you said jack shit about platforms.

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF
Adams using that ultra instinct to avoid any responsibility for Ms by arguing about the tiniest detail of difference when the only one that matters is that for one it says Xbox therefore (at least to him) it can't be bad.
Channel 9 Finale GIF by Australian Ninja Warrior

Topher

Gold Member
???

The whole topic is about a game that was already announced for a platform. My post was about the publisher clarifying things on a game they're publishing.

How you keep equating it with something that doesn't even exist is astounding.

Jerry Seinfeld No GIF by HULU

Wrong again. This thread is about rumors of a game's paid exclusivity. I made a comparison to a rumor about a game being ported.

You are simply trying to dodge the comparison because you will not hold Microsoft to this "obligation" you say other publishers have.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

yazenov

It's not just Jez though, the 'news' is on big sites like Forbes and IGN now.

Oh no you didn't. You're tying to pull the appeal to authority fallacy card. IGN and Forbes are big sites so they can't be dead wrong? IGN is a joke.

The same IGN that tried their best to bring down the same game (no hidden agendas here folks) with the fake news sexist remarks bogus translation from a woke Korean translator that is not a native Chinese speaker. And then they have been debunked by actual Chinese people yet there is no apology given yet by IGN.

And since when are Forbes the authority on the gaming industry?

Dude, just stop. You're digging a larger grave for yourself the more you post. You seem bitter about not being able playing Wukong on your Xbox.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Wrong again. This thread is about rumors of a game's paid exclusivity. I made a comparison to a rumor about a game being ported.

Even when you write them side by side, they're as apples to oranges as a comparison as they can get.

You are simply trying to dodge the comparison because you will not hold Microsoft to this "obligation" you say other publishers have.

Tell you what, if the next Forza game is announced for both PS5 and Xbox but gets delayed on PS5 a month before release, and MS doesn't comment on it even after it releases, then you'll have a point.

Until then, let's just cite your comparison as the strawman that it is.

200.gif

akira__

Then it would have explained the last minute (month) delay of the game on Xbox.

That's it.
So you are saying that in the month that we had epic failure of playstation with concord they also had another deal lined up that is huge success?

Just so we are on the same page here because this would make playstation looking very compentent.

And xbox with stalker 2, and being left out of another tremendous successful game look weak.

I'm not making this point right the secret source and you are making this point. And I dont think even the most staunch playstation fan wants to give playstation praise this month.

Even when you write them side by side, they're as apples to oranges as a comparison as they can get.

Tell you what, if the next Forza game is announced for both PS5 and Xbox but gets delayed on PS5 a month before release, and MS doesn't comment on it even after it releases, then you'll have a point.

Until then, let's just cite your comparison as the strawman that it is.

200.gif
You ok Phil!?
Also how did you manage to get one of your own balls stuck in your throat?

Topher

Gold Member

The details of the rumor about the game are not the point. It could a rumor that Halo is being remade.

You are the one who made a big damn deal saying publisher's are "obligated" to respond to rumors about their games.

But now that "obligation" only applies to this extremely specific example.....????

if the next Forza game is announced for both PS5 and Xbox but gets delayed on PS5 a month before release, and MS doesn't comment on it even after it releases, blah blah blah

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

Ron Orbital

Neo Member
The real story here is one of Xbox management utterly fucking up expanding their brand into new territory.

Once again, Sony have gotten there first and are establishing themselves in China.
Xbox management continues to be the gaming industry's biggest failsons this side of Embracer at their jobs, while maintaining or even elevating their positions, and reason in part of that is at the heart of this story: they've gotten very good at shifting blame and dodging accountability. A contagion of corporate affluenza has swept thru their entire division for well over a decade, which has made them entirely too comfortable playing the helpless, bullied victims. So much so that they're now writing persecution checks they can't cash.

adamsapple

The details of the rumor about the game are not the point. It could a rumor that Halo is being remade.

You are the one who made a big damn deal saying publisher's are "obligated" to respond to rumors about their games.

But now that "obligation" only applies to this extremely specific example.....????

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Start Over Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

You're one of my favorite posters on GAF and I don't want to have a prolonged argument with you.

I thought my stance on the publisher being asked to clarify not being a big issue was pretty clear.

If it wasn't then my bad and let's move on.

akira__

It's starting to become clear why this was orchestrated:

Prominent Xbox influencers starting to turn on the Series S and and the whole strategy surrounding it? No problem, launch the smear campaign to deflect from the real underlying issue at hand.

The beauty is that in making the argument that it's not series s, they make playstation look compentent in a month with had the biggest failure in their history. By securing a exclusive that turned out to be huge hit.

Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
The beauty is that in making the argument that it's not series s, they make playstation look compentent in a month with had the biggest failure in their history. By securing a exclusive that turned out to be huge hit.

This is what they've always done though, defend their missteps and mistakes by attacking the competition without fully thinking the ramifications through. But I guess that's far quicker and easier than actually dealing with the self-created mess they find themselves in.

Ever since reading the thread title I’ve been having fun changing the first letters of posters who have more than one word in their name.

Munished Piku
Ovilere
Lick Thighs Save Thives
Grispy Camer
Snimy Slake
Megry Angalodon
Wister Molf
Chittle Licken
Duey Stuck
Buck Cherry
Rucke Chearmed
Mox FcChief
Bicc_girls_are_teh_thest
Kein Ring
Dit Skata
Sumega Opreme
Beth Sacca
The Breads That Thind Us
Sunken Dramurai
Fobo Ru
Boom D5

Last edited:

Klayzer

This is what they've always done though, defend their missteps and mistakes by attacking the competition without fully thinking the ramifications through. But I guess that's far quicker and easier than actually dealing with the self-created mess they find themselves in.
Thank you GIF

Top Bottom