• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

XXL

His theory, in all seriousness, was Xbox where releasing titles on PS5 to fund a major hardware push. By launching early they'd become the market leader and not release any further titles on PS6. A short-term deviation from their strategy to fill the coffers - then back to full exclusivity and a big hardware push.
5pe2gJv.jpeg

In all reality, I'm not even convinced they're going to even release another Xbox console, regardless of what they say they're going to do.

Things change day to day at Xbox HQ and they lie all the fucking time.

Creating and launching a console is a huge (and expensive) undertaking.

Why do all that work when Xbox (console and games) will be a sliver of their overall revenue when they start launching more games on PS5 and Switch 2?

Look what they just did with Indiana Jones, that's pretty much unheard of.

Why did they all of a sudden make that change? Because they started releasing games on PS5 and saw the returns.

In my opinion they are 100% going 3rd party....they're just too afraid to let their dedicated fanbase know right now because they developed parasocial relationships online and they're afraid of the backlash they'll receive if they just rip the band aid off.

RickMasters

5pe2gJv.jpeg

In all reality, I'm not even convinced they're going to even release another Xbox console, regardless of what they say they're going to do.

Things change day to day at Xbox HQ and they lie all the fucking time.

Creating and launching a console is a huge (and expensive) undertaking.

Why do all that work when Xbox (console and games) will be a sliver of their overall revenue when they start launching more games on PS5 and Switch 2?

Look what they just did with Indiana Jones, that's pretty much unheard of.

Why did they all of a sudden make that change? Because they started releasing games on PS5 and saw the returns.

In my opinion they are 100% going 3rd party....they're just too afraid to let their dedicated fanbase know right now because they developed parasocial relationships online and they're afraid of the backlash they'll receive if they just rip the band aid off.

It would be so funny when they launch a console and we have to revisit your post… except it won’t be a console. I say let’s see what the future hold before we all start bringing out the neo gaf crystal balls. I still remember all the experts on here swearing MS won’t get to by ABK…. 😂😂

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
These “””journalists””” are on the levels of tabloid and gossip writers already.

Stop… Just stop.

reinking

Gold Member
Not saying they never done that before but sonys way of doing it is slimy…… I expected a late release for this game on Xbox right up until now….. MS just come out and tell you…. Or just buy the whole company.
Did you just say Sony's way of doing it is slimy and then point out a good way to do it is to buy the whole f'n company? You serious? You're not serious.

randy marsh GIF by South Park

RickMasters

Did you just say Sony's way of doing it is slimy and then point out a good way to do it is to buy the whole f'n company? You serious? You're not serious.

randy marsh GIF by South Park
Better to buy it that’s mislead an audience on a rival platform into thinking it’s a late release for them . But go on….. with ya stupid gifs…. It doesn’t make you right when yoh do that you know?

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
"stupid gifs"

Proceeds to post stupid gifs...

And why do you care? Did you spend that 70Bs? What are you spending Bs on. Let’s leave the big boys to that and we just play the games and talk shot on here yeah? 😂😂….. 😉
"Why do you care"

Find a mirror and run that question by it. Then come back and explain. As for the question, you said "they making they money". In any serious capacity, not without PlayStation. :)

Last edited:

RickMasters

Are they?

Three trillion dollar company ……. 🤷🏾‍♂️…. Some of you guys are nuts. You think MS won’t make more money out of gaming than everybody else. They ain’t even limited to one platform anymore and their gass games actually make money. Hence why they been around for years….. how bout dat concord though? Look… Sony mak sell ore consoles and PS is wonderful for who loves PS. But Sony went from being a electronics giant to basically relying on PlayStation for its survival right now…… you wanna just have a console-war fight thing instead?

MS are making their 💰💰💰💰 and we’ll oncoyrse to being the biggest publisher in gaming with the sweat subscription service and a next Gen xbox that is not quite a console but more inline with a PC. Which is what we wanted from them anyway. I’d say they are doing ok.

Sony ain’t worth a trillion even if they had a trillion in their pockets.

XXL

It would be so funny when they launch a console and we have to revisit your post… except it won’t be a console. I say let’s see what the future hold before we all start bringing out the neo gaf crystal balls.
I'm not saying it can't happen, I'm just not convinced at this point.

There is just too much upside (with less risk) to not launch another console when I'm thinking out the situation in my head.

I just don't see it happening.

Especially if the Switch 2 is even close to successful as the original.

You can basically sell to 200M+ (plus PC) with less effort.

In all reality, their own userbase is small and has also been trained to not buy games.

It just doesn't make alot of sense to go against all that.

Edmund

You made me look up a Jizz stream, the only thing he said re: Microsoft is that he knows people at Microsoft were blindsided by the delay announcement and removing the Xbox logo from the trailer at SGF.

Discussion is fine, I'm just baffled that A azertydu91 is having such a hard time with me simply saying that game science should provide an update on a delay they announced 3 months ago.

If they don't have an update in 3 months, that's not exactly a positive nod towards the developer.

Seeing how Xbox fans come up with conspiracies all the time, Game Science should indeed make an announcement. That they've cancelled the Xbox version.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Three trillion dollar company ……. 🤷🏾‍♂️…. Some of you guys are nuts. You think MS won’t make more money out of gaming than everybody else. They ain’t even limited to one platform anymore and their gass games actually make money. Hence why they been around for years….. how bout dat concord though? Look… Sony mak sell ore consoles and PS is wonderful for who loves PS. But Sony went from being a electronics giant to basically relying on PlayStation for its survival right now…… you wanna just have a console-war fight thing instead?

MS are making their 💰💰💰💰 and we’ll oncoyrse to being the biggest publisher in gaming with the sweat subscription service and a next Gen xbox that is not quite a console but more inline with a PC. Which is what we wanted from them anyway. I’d say they are doing ok.

Sony ain’t worth a trillion even if they had a trillion in their pockets.
And yet, even without those trillions, they still have Microsoft knocking on their door for help.

RickMasters

And yet, even without those trillions, they still have Microsoft knocking on their door for help.
And yet they STILL are a the t wealthiest company isn’t he world who can afford to take all the risks needed to navigate where gaming goes next….. lest not do this roundabout all night. I’m sure we both wanna go actually play some games at some point tonight? Personllay im gonna be racking up some points on Halo MCC. They got the mech Spartan armour up for grabs this week…. I got theee days left to rac
K up 8 Spartan points…. Watch how this game screws me o some of the challenges….. win 5 matches with a high K/D….. it’s fucking halo….. I’m gonna get smoked by whoever is driving the enemy scorpion tank Atleast 5 times because my dumb team mates keep letting the other team grab the Spartan laser… things I do for Spartan fucking armour 🙄🙄🙄😤😤😤😤

Last edited:

SweetTooth

Gold Member
And yet they STILL are a the t wealthiest company isn’t he world who can afford to take all the risks needed to navigate where gaming goes next….. lest not do this roundabout all night. I’m sure we both wanna go actually play some games at some point tonight? Personllay im gonna be racking up some points on Halo MCC. They got the mech Spartan armour up for grabs this week….
You poor thing, I know it hurts seeing Sega and Xbox getting killed by Playstation.

You will manage though 🤣

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
And yet they STILL are a the t wealthiest company isn’t he world who can afford to take all the risks needed to navigate where gaming goes next….. lest not do this roundabout all night. I’m sure we both wanna go actually play some games at some point tonight? Personllay im gonna be racking up some points on Halo MCC. They got the mech Spartan armour up for grabs this week….
They actually aren't the richest in the world. That would be Apple.

Regardless, you're still reading the Book of Irrelevance. When any of that wealth actually helps them out of their massive blunder, that would ignite a proper discussion on it.

Last edited:

RickMasters

They actually aren't the richest in the world. That would be Apple.

Regardless, you're still reading the Book of Irrelevance. When any of that wealth actually helps them out of their massive blunder, that would ignite a proper discussion on it.Lol the

It changes all the time. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Lol….. sure Xbox lost to PS…… but that does not change the fact that the 2 most a successful companies in the world at any given time does it? You know how many Sony you could buy for even a r trillion? Xbox blundered…. MS?…. Nah….. they bank 😂😂

SweetTooth

Gold Member
It changes all the time. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Lol….. sure Xbox lost to PS…… but that does not change the fact that the 2 most a successful companies in the world at any given time does it? You know how many Sony you could buy for even a r trillion? Xbox blundered…. MS?…. Nah….. they bank 😂😂

When its this easy why wouldn't MS go for Sony? Or Nintendo? Hell they seem to be so rich they can buy Steam also!

Life doesn't work like this. Anyways good talk

Klayzer

Yeah, totally the wealthiest from selling Xbox especially/s.

So wealthy, they're closing studios and laying off thousands of people.

So wealthy, they're going third party to sell their own first party games.

So wealthy, they gave up advertising in many countries.

So wealthy, Xbox the console platform itself, might disappear.

Get the hell out here with your ball licking trolling.

RickMasters

20 years? You meant 30 years of winning! Its sweet you will never know how it feels 😅
I don’t need my console manufacturer of choice to win for MEto feel like winning. I have my own successes in life…. But go on….what all that Pom Pom waving for Sony done for you lately?. 😂😂😂😂

It’s just games and consoles bro. I still have fond memories of my sony Walkman and CRTS is it makes you feel better. I’ve even worked with sony. Just not a PlayStation owner…. So no need for you to get all fighty! It’s just games and cobsolws bro. I wasn’t trying to pick a fight. Just saying my peace like everybody else here… allow me nuh? 😂😂😂😂

RickMasters

When its this easy why wouldn't MS go for Sony? Or Nintendo? Hell they seem to be so rich they can buy Steam also!

Life doesn't work like this. Anyways good talk
I’m sure they would buy them if the offer was on the table. Matter of fact didn’t they want to buy Nintendo before they ever greenlit xbox?

They got their money. We can all agree on that no matter how ya feel about xbox.

RickMasters

Yeah, totally the wealthiest from selling Xbox especially/s.

So wealthy, they're closing studios and laying off thousands of people.

So wealthy, they're going third party to sell their own first party games.

So wealthy, they gave up advertising in many countries.

So wealthy, Xbox the console platform itself, might disappear.

Get the hell out here with your ball licking trolling.
Nobody told you to pull a bunch of shot out ya ass and actually type it you know?

MS are rich off windows and a bunch of other shit, gaming is a small part of them. Playstation is what keeps Sony relevant…. Two company’s in very different situations

Stop being so emotional…. Your post comes off as weird. If you disagree just say why. I’m not bothering to read all that emotional shit you just typed.

Don’t do that again. Just talk normal
Bro.

MDSLKTR

Nobody told you to pull a bunch of shot out ya ass and actually type it you know?

MS are rich off windows and a bunch of other shit, gaming is a small part of them. Playstation is what keeps Sony relevant…. Two company’s in very different situations

Stop being so emotional…. Your post comes off as weird. If you disagree just say why. I’m not bothering to read all that emotional shit you just typed.

Bro.
This the type of posts adam cheers on

b3e654da475b0fbd480f892c06cf1294_w200.gif

drganon

Bro.
1*eFFDlFNwTBtoJIvubgAPMw.png

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
youtube big frame GIF

And by hot babes I mean game science, and by talking I mean commenting on recent developments.
Hey I thought you blocked me since you stopped responding ....Well your posts weren't really responding either, just parroting the same point without ever listening to anyone but we got used to it.
oh and obligatory update: I slept fine still thinking the same, I hope you are reassured, since you need constant reaffirmation.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Exactly. I'm in the same boat.

Xbox has a history of stringing along its userbase with fake promises that never come to pass: promising VR support with Xbox One X, claiming that Xbox Series consoles having a better launch lineup than PS5 (then launches with 0 games), claiming that exclusive games are launching soon (games shown in 2020 still haven't released), all Bethesda games to be exclusive, ability to play owned games via xCloud, Game Pass family plan, etc.

Right now, they can't just announce that the Xbox console hardware is done. Because that'd tank their current business. And when people sell their Xbox consoles in drove, their Game Pass subscriber base and content revenue will tank right away.

So they are once again making fake promises and buying enough time to shift their revenue to PC, PlayStation, and Nintendo. Once that phase is done in the next 2-3 years, and comes the time to announce new consoles, they just won't announce a console. And that'll be it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom