• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

Elios83

I listened to Jez last week on his podcast while at work.

The podcast in question focused on the Indy PS5 announcement.

His theory, in all seriousness, was Xbox where releasing titles on PS5 to fund a major hardware push. By launching early they'd become the market leader and not release any further titles on PS6. A short-term deviation from their strategy to fill the coffers - then back to full exclusivity and a big hardware push.

This guy is meant to be a serious journalist who Xbox execs use to push stories.

It would be nice to be able to fast forward to when he realizes that Microsoft is done with traditional consoles and the next product will be a Xbox branded gaming PC that will be just one of the many options to play their multiplatform games :pie_roffles:

Three

What has come of it? That's obviously my point. What has it done for them as any advantage to their competition?
They're making money and that's what he cares about then he proceeded to unironically say "why do you care, just play the games" when you mention how much it cost them.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
They're making money and that's what he cares about then he proceeded to unironically say "why do you care, just play the games" when you mention how much it cost them.
Yup! Easy exposure of irony! That and all of that bragging about the ABK purchase net them still having to share those games with their nearest competition.

Skifi28

Damn, this thread was at page 4 the last time I checked it. What the hell happened?
FQ8WMLr.gif

Topher

Gold Member
Not saying they never done that before but sonys way of doing it is slimy…… I expected a late release for this game on Xbox right up until now….. MS just come out and tell you…. Or just buy the whole company. Which approach looks more transparent to you, my brotha? 🤷🏾‍♂️

I don’t agree with their approach, is all. If you were gonna do that just do it in the first place. I’m still not gonna but a PlayStation so for me this is waste on their part….

But then again aside from Xbox games on PS… what else is there really to lol forward t from PS first party? Atleast MS own their shit. 🤷🏾‍♂️

It is just as slimy when Microsoft does it. When is Stalker 2 coming to PS5? No idea. Microsoft has an exclusivity agreement on that game. So what is different? Now if you are saying that under the assumption that Sony has paid for a secret exclusivity deal for Black Myth then yeah, that would be a new low. And just a stupid thing to do. But there are serious doubts that is true so we can't make that assumption. The other exclusivity deals Sony has made were more transparent than Microsoft's. Take a game like High on Life. There was no indication when the game's exclusivity agreement with MS ended. Just showed up on PS5 a year later. On the other hand, we've seen Sony put the exclusivity terms in their actual advertisements. So.......which is more slimy in those scenarios?

We hated it when Xbox did it…. Do we also hate it when Sony does it?

They sold 60 mill consoles….. maybe that makes it ok by gaf logic? I don’t know much about gaming biz and what game are think is ok , on these things so I’m all ears fam. But I don’t agree that one company is exempt from any standards we hole another too. I can’t go along with that.

Of course I hate it when Sony does it. I complain about Sony doing all the time. It is shitty. But I don't see any of the people whining in this thread about this game saying jack shit when exclusives with Game Pass deals are not on PS5 at release.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I listened to Jez last week on his podcast while at work.

The podcast in question focused on the Indy PS5 announcement.

His theory, in all seriousness, was Xbox where releasing titles on PS5 to fund a major hardware push. By launching early they'd become the market leader and not release any further titles on PS6. A short-term deviation from their strategy to fill the coffers - then back to full exclusivity and a big hardware push.

This guy is meant to be a serious journalist who Xbox execs use to push stories.
lmao, this is hilarious.

I think Jez briefly forgot about the infamous "Microsoft warchest" that we heard so much of recently :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Wait I'm seeing others reporting no deal. Why aren't updating the thread title?
That was uncovered yesterday. The no deal folks are even more credible than the deal folks but some still are hanging on.

For what reason?

That's what's baffling.

It's like they think if they can collectively pin this on Sony as "Slimiey" then it will somehow manifest the game on XBox.

Either way it's been super entertaining for me as a bystander 🍿

Topher

Gold Member
We are just old so maybe its just us but it sure feels its a race who can crap the most on us gamers, you know the modern audience, Xbox or Playstation

At least Sony was smart enough to "talk" Jimmie into "retirement"

Yeah, between Microsoft encouraging folks to NOT buy Xbox and Sony forgetting who they are in signing off on shit like Concord.....makes me glad Steam isn't owned by stockholders. Seems like stockholders pushing for more and more revenue in gaming ultimately leads to some really stupid decisions.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
That was uncovered yesterday. The no deal folks are even more credible than the deal folks but some still are hanging on.

For what reason?

That's what's baffling.

It's like they think if they can collectively pin this on Sony as "Slimiey" then it will somehow manifest the game on XBox.

The deal folks will be folding up shop soon

This is just through the grapevine so take it for what you will but was told last night the devs reached out to both Sony and Xbox and said they were having issues with the game and could use some help for which Sony stepped in and Xbox did not

Now did Sony say we will help only if you hold back the Xbox port? I dunno

It sounds like to me Sony just gave these guys more support

These Tweets probably made it somewhere in the last 10 pages or so but wording seems to be changing by these guys

Topher

Gold Member

This is just through the grapevine so take it for what you will but was told last night the devs reached out to both Sony and Xbox and said they were having issues with the game and could use some help for which Sony stepped in and Xbox did not

These Tweets probably made it somewhere in the last 10 pages or so but wording seems to be changing by these guys

Damn....I might have been right for once....

I think Jeff Grubb is right on this especially considering how the game has performed. More than likely Sony recognized that this game had massive potential and also saw Game Science was struggling to get it done. They offered resources to help with the PS5 version, not an exclusivity deal. With that help, Game Science is prioritizing the PS5 version and putting off the Xbox version.

That makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than paying for an exclusivity deal with zero marketing behind it.

"There's an exclusivity situation" These people are fucking shameless.

As a general rule, when someone starts a message saying "I don't know" the message must stop right there. There is no "buts". You don't know and that's about it. Full stop. Whatever comes after that is made up bullshit.

Not from those comments, what it's looking like is you help us we'll hold back other versions kind of deal. Certainly not what was originally being peddled as a Series S tech issue. Given the state of the PS5 version I'm not sure what extent PS even helped anyway? Either way some sort of deal was struck between the developer and Sony, that's pretty much confirmed even in those comments you posted.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Wow. Fuckers invented a whole new type of exclusivity deal that doesn't involve money.

What a clown circus.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Not from those comments, what it's looking like is you help us we'll hold back other versions kind of deal. Certainly not what was originally being peddled as a Series S tech issue. Given the state of the PS5 version I'm not sure what extent PS even helped anyway? Either way some sort of deal was struck between the developer and Sony, that's pretty much confirmed even in those comments you posted.
Damn SenjutsuSage SenjutsuSage taught you well in the art of delusion but you still need to train to reach his levels.
Animated GIF

drganon

charlie-conspiracy-always-sunny-in-philidelphia.jpg

Topher

Gold Member
Based on what HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 heard, very well could be that Game Science focused on PlayStation simply because Sony offered assistance. If that is the case then Game Science is not going to come out and say the reason the game is not on Xbox yet is because Microsoft refused to help.

Seems like perfectly plausible reasons why Xbox got delayed and why Game Science is not saying any more than what they have.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:

akira__

What is Paul Tassi even saying at this point?

He kicked off this hilarious situation, and now he's claiming that no one is listening...

He is expected us to believe him and not the actual developer based only on hearsay from a xbox source.

Yet he admits he doesn't know the full story, so he's pushing his source and other sources for answers, which he apparently isn't getting...

Is he making udemy course:
How to look like clown?

For what reason?

That's what's baffling.

Any excuse to take a shit on playstation for some of these people.
Any chance that arises, they won't pass it up.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So I guess you missed the part where I said the devs reached out to both Sony and Xbox and only Sony offered to help.

You read that as the devs telling Sony you help us and we will hold back the other version?

Not what I said in the least and you follow up to someone else

Mate it's not my problem you can't understand English, take some lessons or something 😃
GIF by Men In Black: International

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
So I guess you missed the part where I said the devs reached out to both Sony and Xbox and only Sony offered to help.

You read that as the devs telling Sony you help us and we will hold back the other version?

Not what I said in the least and you follow up to someone else

GIF by Men In Black: International
He is walking the SenjutsuSage SenjutsuSage path and nothing will make him deviate from it ...Not even truth, logic or facts....
It is a lonely road but the road he chose...
Walker texas ranger intro playing in the distance....

Oh and by the way I now have access to a wood fire pizza oven...And fuck it is hard to find the right recipes and temperatures.I don't know if yours is automatic but damn I need to spend a few days trying to find the right formula.

What is Paul Tassi even saying at this point?

He kicked off this hilarious situation, and now he's claiming that no one is listening...

He is expected us to believe him and not the actual developer based only on hearsay from a xbox source.

Yet he admits he doesn't know the full story, so he's pushing his source and other sources for answers, which he apparently isn't getting...

Is he making udemy course:
How to look like clown?
You’re watching someone slowly and carefully try to walk things back while still looking credible.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
He is walking the SenjutsuSage SenjutsuSage path and nothing will make him deviate from it ...Not even truth, logic or facts....
It is a lonely road but the road he chose...
Walker texas ranger intro playing in the distance....

Oh and by the way I now have access to a wood fire pizza oven...And fuck it is hard to find the right recipes and temperatures.I don't know if yours is automatic but damn I need to spend a few days trying to find the right formula.
lol I am glad you finally got your wood fired pizza oven

And no ours isn't automatic I have to build the fire and it does take some experimenting as we just fried our first couple of attempts.

My wife now has gotten the thickness right, needs to be pretty thin and the timing, only a couple of minutes

She has started using a premade naan bread that has been working perfectly

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
They get a cut out of activision games released on the competition lol. Also, the acquisition is fairly recent. Ask me this again in 5 yrs
Yeah, you're still missing the whole point of my response to him.

Since I already proved how silly his whole angle was, probably better to just leave this here.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
lol I am glad you finally got your wood fired pizza oven

And no ours isn't automatic I have to build the fire and it does take some experimenting as we just fried our first couple of attempts.

My wife now has gotten the thickness right, needs to be pretty thin and the timing, only a couple of minutes

She has started using a premade naan bread that has been working perfectly
Yeah for our first try we were too impatient to wait and tried with some dried sort of foccacia bread that we had and a pepper/aubergine sauce and this one was amazing...When we tried homemade dough then it became problematic.

Edit: JOIN US IN ANOTHER RANDOM THREAD FOR ANOTHER PIZZA AND GAMING DISCUSSION!!!!
now here's our sponsor for today...

Last edited:

jm89

"exclusivity situation"

Is what his falling back on now to cover his ass.

reinking

Gold Member

This has been very illuminating about how many people hate or distrust me, -Paul Tassi

jim-ryan-laughing.gif

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yeah for our first try we were too impatient to wait and tried with some dried sort of foccacia bread that we had and a pepper/aubergine sauce and this one was amazing...When we tried homemade dough then it became problematic.
Not going to lie our very first attempt what we created was hard enough it could have been used as a discus because it was burnt so bad

Top Bottom