• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

Topher

Gold Member
What is Paul Tassi even saying at this point?

He kicked off this hilarious situation, and now he's claiming that no one is listening...

He is expected us to believe him and not the actual developer based only on hearsay from a xbox source.

Yet he admits he doesn't know the full story, so he's pushing his source and other sources for answers, which he apparently isn't getting...

Is he making udemy course:
How to look like clown?

He should have pushed for more "answers" before tweeting any of this. He got directly contradicted and now he is backtracking. He can say he isn't all he wants, but that's bullshit. If you come out and say flatly that a game is exclusive due to a "exclusivity deal" and then come back later and say "I haven’t said this is def a “money hat” traditional marketing exclusivity deal" then you just backtracked. Everyone understands what an "exclusivity deal" is. It is when a platform holder PAYS for exclusivity. Like Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 said, now we have a new kind of "exclusivity deal" that somehow doesn't involve money?

"Oh....I didn't say this was a 'money hat' deal."

stop fuck off GIF

Last edited:

Mr Moose

The call source is coming from inside the house Xbox.
I'll admit it no problem at all, but those tweets don't debunk a deal of some description. However more importantly the original supposed Series S issue was not the reason for the Xbox delay as was the consensus around here.
It probably is issues with the S, but the memory leak thing, who knows if that shit was made up.

So I guess you missed the part where I said the devs reached out to both Sony and Xbox and only Sony offered to help.

You read that as the devs telling Sony you help us and we will hold back the other version?

Not what I said in the least and you follow up to someone else

GIF by Men In Black: International
Well are you saying that Microsoft are obligated to help? I'd also add we know Xbox have sent engineers to help other developers in the past with tech support so let's see how this plays out shall we?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I'll admit it no problem at all, but those tweets don't debunk a deal of some description. However more importantly the original supposed Series S issue was not the reason for the Xbox delay as was the consensus around here.
Huh ?The rumored reason was memory leak then people speculated that it might be more problematic for the series S...Considering how backtracking Paul is then we don't know if it really isn't a memory leak, and again depending how you translate/interpret a memory leak can be not considered a hardware/technical problem but a software one (which should be obvious to anyone)...Those tweets are saying it is not a hardware problem which is still true in the case of a memory leak.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Well are you saying that Microsoft are obligated to help? I'd also add we know Xbox have sent engineers to help other developers in the past with tech support so let's see how this plays out shall we?
No, they are not obligated to help.

But then why say bullshit stuff like "we can't comment on other platforms' deals?" implying Sony money-hatted Black Myth Wukong?

Also, why is one of the Xbox staff feeding incorrect information to Jez, Paul, and others that BMW isn't on Xbox due to Sony's exclusivity?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I didn't imply anything just repeating what I was told that Xbox did not go to help

If people want to take that as Sony said we will only go and help if you delay the Xbox port that's up to them as I guess thats a real possibility, but its not what I said in my original statement

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
He should have pushed for more "answers" before tweeting any of this. He got directly contradicted and now he is backtracking. He can say he isn't all he wants, but that's bullshit. If you come out and say flatly that a game is exclusive due to a "exclusivity deal" and then come back later and say "I haven’t said this is def a “money hat” traditional marketing exclusivity deal" then you just backtracked. Everyone understands what an "exclusivity deal" is. It is when a platform holder PAYS for exclusivity. Like Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 said, now we have a new kind of "exclusivity deal" that somehow doesn't involve money?

"Oh....I didn't say this was a 'money hat' deal."

stop fuck off GIF
It's like when my girlfriend invented a new kind of sex that didn't involve touching.

Sad The Office GIF

Sony helped the studio somehow = exclusivity deal. These people spreading this false narrative are beyond pathetic, but it doesn't surprise me. Anyone who remembers before the current gen consoles released will know what I'm talking about. I think its Microsoft themselves who spread these lies through their influencers.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Sony helped the studio somehow = exclusivity deal. These people spreading this false narrative are beyond pathetic, but it doesn't surprise me. Anyone who remembers before the current gen consoles released will know what I'm talking about.
That next gen tech thread had some of the funniest jokes and the bloodiest wars I've ever seen on this forum...It also had the most disgusting display of propaganda too....

akira__

This thread is so cruel. Xbox guys had a victory, an “in your face!” To all PlayStation fans. And now the guy is backtracking.

Xbox fans right now:
5DeiQbf.png
The actual perplexing part is that there was no victory, just a baseless story that made playstation look competent and xbox weak.

If there was a secret deal then playstation was able to secure 10 million selling consoble exclusive.

Where is the win in that?

The weird thing is that it's actually a playstation fanboy narrative.

"nah the game won't come to Xbox because it's a console exclusive"

That next gen tech thread had some of the funniest jokes and the bloodiest wars I've ever seen on this forum...It also had the most disgusting display of propaganda too....

Notice how the propaganda was one sided too? It was entirely against PS5. They even had their own discord group where they would plan how to spread fud. Funny how actual reality turned out when games were performing better on the "9tf PS5".

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Notice how the propaganda was one sided too? It was entirely against PS5. They even had their own discord group where they would plan how to spread fud. Funny how actual reality turned out when games were performing better on the "9tf PS5".
Yeah sircaw sircaw had a great list of all the bullshit spread, there were some from ps toward Xbox too but several orders of magnitude lower.

Jaybe

The actual perplexing part is that there was no victory, just a baseless story that made playstation look competent and xbox weak.

If there was a secret deal then playstation was able to secure 10 million selling consoble exclusive.

Where is the win in that?

The weird thing is that it's actually a playstation fanboy narrative.

"nah the game won't come to Xbox because it's a console exclusive"

Yeah, it’s funny that someone at Xbox (probably Aaron Greenberg) was so upset that the Series S was getting blamed, they came out with this “leak” which simply reinforced that the biggest game of the year is not on Xbox

Last edited:

gow3isben

This game goes ballistic with the frame rate on PS5 sometimes such as when you are fighting Yin Tiger.

Can’t see them making it playable on S any time soon or maybe even ever.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This game goes ballistic with the frame rate on PS5 sometimes such as when you are fighting Yin Tiger.

Can’t see them making it playable on S any time soon or maybe even ever.

Just a single 30 FPS mode with lowered settings, considering UE5 is pretty scalable, theoretically should work, no?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I managed to find it but I don't know if this was the last version though.
In the end, Cerny and other developers who said the same thing were absolutely right, but then it was only a reason for ridicule and even portals like DF helped with it (there were even doubts about hardware RT on PS5... see it now on Ghostwire tokyo better than on Xbox xDD) this was 2020 in the forums... now it's time to pick up the cable when PS5 has shut up.

PS5-FUD.jpg

:pie_thinking:

adamsapple

I managed to find it but I don't know if this was the last version though.

Did a 5 year old make that list? Same things are repeated 4, 5 times.

And some things mentioned in there like Dual Sense having a worse battery life than DS4, and PS5 not having native machine learning capabilities, and its exclusives coming to PC are true.

Also, the point about PS5 having '100' games at launch was a BC related comment made by Mark Cerny himself.

Is this the kind of self-persecution PS fans were going through in the next-gen launch threads that TheGodfather07 TheGodfather07 was talking about? 🤔

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

And some things mentioned in there like Dual Sense having a worse battery life than DS4, and PS5 not having native machine learning capabilities, and its exclusives coming to PC are true.
You know that sony confirmed multiple times that they are using machine learning in SPiderman 2 and GOW ragnarok...
There are multiple articles about it, but it is no surprise that you were wrong again on that subject.link
The dualsense has a comparable battery life link
And some exclusives is not the same as all exclusives.Weirdly enough a supposedly 5 years old has a better grasp of reality than you.
But I am sure that you will back all you bullshit claims with sources right ?

Also, the point about PS5 having '100' games at launch was a BC related comment made by Mark Cerny himself.

Is this the kind of self-persecution PS fans were going through in the next-gen launch threads that TheGodfather07 TheGodfather07 was talking about? 🤔
I do not know about self-persecution but that interpretation of Cerny's comment is definitely indicative of the Xbox fan delusions so aptly demonstrated in this thread. I have both DS4 and DS. I do not have a PS5, but unless there is something different about using the DS on PC, the battery life of the DS is better than DS4.

Last edited:

akira__

Question: are you aware we are currently in a thread discussing Taul Passi secret source?

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Some PS5 games use machine learning. Still waiting on Xbox using it.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
And still waiting on his sources for his claims...
No One Page GIF

About ML,I'd be curious about what would possibly prove his claim, it's like puitting a glass of water in the sea and saying there's no shark...It does not prove that there is no shark in the sea , but with spidey and kratos we fished at least 2 sharks...Let's see how it can be debunked or ignored.

Last edited:

adamsapple

You know that sony confirmed multiple times that they are using machine learning in SPiderman 2 and GOW ragnarok...
There are multiple articles about it, but it is no surprise that you were wrong again on that subject.link

SM2's machine learning is used for subtitle synchronization
God of War uses machine learned upscaled textures

Neither game uses the machine learning for image reconstruction etc, something the PSSU promises to do with PS5 Pro.

The dualsense has a comparable battery life link

Sure, only if you turn off all of its features that make it different than a DS4 perhaps.

It lasts 2 and a half hours on Astro Bot and 5~ on Miles Morales otherwise.

PlayStation 5 Recensione: la console next-gen Sony alla prova

However, a slightly lower autonomy than that of the DualShock 4 must be taken into account. With Astro's Playroom, a title that deliberately amplifies the sensations triggered by DualSense and also makes extensive use of the integrated microphone, it remains under four hours of use, while with other products the seven hours of play are more easily reached.

https://screenrant.com/ps5-ps4-dualsense-dualshock-battery-life-compared/
And some exclusives is not the same as all exclusives.Weirdly enough a supposedly 5 years old has a better grasp of reality than you.

Pretty much every major exclusive in the last couple of years with some exceptions like Demons Souls are already on PC or are coming to PC in the next couple of months.

How can anyone even dispute this at this point lol

Question: are you aware we are currently in a thread discussing Taul Passi secret source?

Yes, but you should ask to the person who posted this list.
But I am sure that you will back all you bullshit claims with sources right ?

Wait, backing things with sources is bullshit? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I guess it is if it conflicts with your personal narrative.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Forza uses machine learning to power the AI cars / drivetars, but that's another example like Spider Man where it's not really what we think of as machine learning traditionally, in image reconstruction.

But, yes, if you count ancillary applications like this, then Xbox also has machine learning enhanced games.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Neither game uses the machine learning for image reconstruction etc, something the PSSU promises to do with PS5 Pro.
What does that have to do with anything?
And it's used for muscle deformation.

Forza uses machine learning to power the AI cars / drivetars, but that's another example like Spider Man where it's not really what we think of as machine learning traditionally, in image reconstruction.

But, yes, if you count ancillary applications like this, then Xbox also has machine learning enhanced games.

Oh well, I guess they have it in one game. And not in real time.
"Now, with the latest Forza, we've taken machine learning and applied it to build time and not run time or load time; so not while it's running or loading, but actually we're able to do it before the game launches. Instead of having machine learning power the moment-to-moment decisions of the Drivatar, we're having it train the Drivatar to control the car, and then we're using an optimizer to make the lines that Drivatar follows."

Last edited:

Astray

The deal folks will be folding up shop soon

This is just through the grapevine so take it for what you will but was told last night the devs reached out to both Sony and Xbox and said they were having issues with the game and could use some help for which Sony stepped in and Xbox did not

Now did Sony say we will help only if you hold back the Xbox port? I dunno

It sounds like to me Sony just gave these guys more support

These Tweets probably made it somewhere in the last 10 pages or so but wording seems to be changing by these guys

Heisenberg with the steel chair bah gawd!

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

Sure, only if you turn off all of its features that make it different than a DS4 perhaps.

PlayStation 5 Recensione: la console next-gen Sony alla prova

https://screenrant.com/ps5-ps4-dualsense-dualshock-battery-life-compared/

Pretty much every major exclusive in the last couple of years with some exceptions like Demons Souls are already on PC or are coming to PC in the next couple of months.

How can anyone even dispute this at this point lol

Wait, backing things with sources is bullshit? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I guess it is if it conflicts with your personal narrative.
Yeah spidey 2 also uses ML for synchronizing subtitles but my link shows that even on spiderman MM ML is used for suit movement, source the same link I sent you, just like GOw uses it for muscle deformation.
Second you claimed the ps5 has no ML capabilities not image enhancing ml possibilities...
About the battery life of the controller I have a day 1 controller I can play astrobots for way more than 2.5 hours maybe this italian source is not that accurate considering in the screen rant link it says a bit under 4 hours when cranked to the max....Compare to a regular DS4 that hasn't had all its features put to the max....So this again disputes your claims.
Will more ps games comes to pc ? Higly probable, will it be all of them ? Probably not, But it is nice to know that you consider your own speculation as a valid proof dismissing in the way a games that is only on ps5 for reasons.i guess ?

About posting this list I did because someone asked me to so once again on this very simple basis you managed to be wrong.Unless you consider that answering a fellow gaffer asking a question a bad thing? It is honestly extraordinary it seems like a vocation for you to be wrong of did Negotiator101 Negotiator101 teach you that power?

Oh and once again backing sources is not bullshit your claims are how can you manage to be wrong on every little thing?

akira__

Just checking, Carry on then reminiscing stories from that infamous discord chat.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
What does that have to do with anything?
And it's used for muscle deformation.

Oh well, I guess they have it in one game. And not in real time.
"Now, with the latest Forza, we've taken machine learning and applied it to build time and not run time or load time; so not while it's running or loading, but actually we're able to do it before the game launches. Instead of having machine learning power the moment-to-moment decisions of the Drivatar, we're having it train the Drivatar to control the car, and then we're using an optimizer to make the lines that Drivatar follows."

Nah because you see in the magic world of adam ML can't be used for 2 things and the ps5 is probably not powerful enough of synchronising subtitles and doing other things.
Edit: in fact ps5 has become my new kindle.

Last edited:

adamsapple

I do not know about self-persecution but that interpretation of Cerny's comment is definitely indicative of the Xbox fan delusions so aptly demonstrated in this thread.

Hard to call out either side when the official PR blurb from Sony was vague as fuck.

Lastly, we’re excited to confirm that the backwards compatibility features are working well. We recently took a look at the top 100 PS4 titles as ranked by play time, and we’re expecting almost all of them to be playable at launch on PS5. With more than 4000 games published on PS4, we will continue the testing process and expand backwards compatibility coverage over time.

You can see how easy it is to misinterpret, especially the point about 4000 games and thery will continue to expand coverage. It can very easily be read as they'll start with 100 and expand over time.

I have both DS4 and DS. I do not have a PS5, but unless there is something different about using the DS on PC, the battery life of the DS is better than DS4.

I have had both DS4's and Dualsense on consoles too and the only way they're comparable on console is if you disable all the DS features on a system level. Playing with haptics basically cuts the battery life in half or thereabout compared to using DS4 with its vibration on.

Just checking, Carry on then reminiscing stories from that infamous discord chat.

Sure thing totally-not-an-alt neo account who only has posts in this topic 🫢

Last edited:

xHunter

The deal folks will be folding up shop soon

This is just through the grapevine so take it for what you will but was told last night the devs reached out to both Sony and Xbox and said they were having issues with the game and could use some help for which Sony stepped in and Xbox did not

Now did Sony say we will help only if you hold back the Xbox port? I dunno

It sounds like to me Sony just gave these guys more support

These Tweets probably made it somewhere in the last 10 pages or so but wording seems to be changing by these guys

This is what i speculated too, but i have a hard time believing that any of the 2 would go and ask for exclusivity in exchange for dev support. They would gain nothing if the dev would say no. The game would be buggy or even not release at all.

So yeah, in my eyes this is just a case of MS not helping with optimization.

Three

I love how your best reply to xbox using AI/Machine learning is Forza's drivatars while simultaneously trying to back the FUD prelaunch about PS5 when Sophy in GT7 exists.

Top Bottom