• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

"I believe they heard what they heard..."

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Looks like he’s joining the clown Olympics along with jez

Season 8 Clown GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Hard to call out either side when the official PR blurb from Sony was vague as fuck.

You can see how easy it is to misinterpret, especially the point about 4000 games and thery will continue to expand coverage. It can very easily be read as they'll start with 100 and expand over time.

I have had both DS4's and Dualsense on consoles too and the only way they're comparable on console is if you disable all the DS features on a system level. Playing with haptics basically cuts the battery life in half or thereabout compared to using DS4 with its vibration on.

Sure thing totally-not-an-alt neo account who only has posts in this topic 🫢
Great an anecdotal evidence from a credible source, totally not biased.
It would be a shame to be false.
Each word is a link saying that it is better or least on par...None reporting 2.5 hours.....

Three

Hard to call out either side when the official PR blurb from Sony was vague as fuck.

You can see how easy it is to misinterpret, especially the point about 4000 games and thery will continue to expand coverage. It can very easily be read as they'll start with 100 and expand over time.
No it's not vague.
I've heard the same bullshit FUD about everything PS5 from the usual suspects.

PS5 uses standard NVMEs: oh but it would only be those tested/approved by Sony. Because they tested those.

PS5 is BC with PS4 games: oh but it would only be those tested/approved by Sony. Because they tested those.

The usual suspects do it on purpose. They purposely assume officially tested for quality by PlayStation means "only those work" and play ignorant.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I love how your best reply to xbox using AI/Machine learning is Forza's drivatars while simultaneously trying to back the FUD prelaunch about PS5 when Sophy in GT7 exists.

Back the FUD? wtf lol, you've seen me post long enough here to know I'm not backing up any FUD.

The more users bring out these old points and say "see how Xbox was saying all these things from behind the scenes" the more unhinged they sound.

--

Humor me. I'll just use one example.

The "UE5 demo was running on a Chinese laptop no problem". It irked some people because the implication was that the PS5's SSD was not that special despite Tim Sweeny proclaiming otherwise earlier.

The quote is from a Chinese Epic Games Employee *and* the employee was talking about the demo running on a 2080 with an Evo 970 SSD.

The 2080 is a stronger GPU than either PS5 or SX both of which are likened closer to 2070~ levels.

Additionally, we now know that UE5 is pretty flexible, The Matrix Awakens demo only requires 300MB/s through-put, which makes both the PS5 and Xbox SSD's pretty overkill for it for general usage, the Evo 970 that the chinese Epic employee talked about has a theoretical read speed of 3500MB/s. An extreme overkill, again.

So, not only was that Epic China employee right based on sheer specs, he was also not associated with Xbox/MS.

Do you see what I meant by the 'self persecution' comment earlier?

I'm sure given enough time, I can find sufficient evidence against pretty much every point on that list, but it's not really worth it. I expect nothing but laugh emoji's on this post from the usual suspects and maybe someone actually interested might read it through.

--

Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Back the FUD? wtf lol, you've seen me post long enough here to know I'm not backing up any FUD.

The more users bring out these old points and say "see how Xbox was saying all these things from behind the scenes" the more unhinged they sound.

--

Humor me. I'll just use one example.

The "UE5 demo was running on a Chinese laptop no problem". It irked some people because the implication was that the PS5's SSD was not that special despite Tim Sweeny proclaiming otherwise earlier.

The quote is from a Chinese Epic Games Employee *and* the employee was talking about the demo running on a 2080 with an Evo 970 SSD.

The 2080 is a stronger GPU than either PS5 or SX both of which are likened closer to 2070~ levels.

Additionally, we now know that UE5 is pretty flexible, The Matrix Awakens demo only requires 300MB/s through-put, which makes both the PS5 and Xbox SSD's pretty overkill for it for general usage, the Evo 970 that the chinese Epic employee talked about has a theoretical read speed of 3500MB/s. An extreme overkill, again.

So, not only was that Epic China employee right based on sheer specs, he was also not associated with Xbox/MS.

Do you see what I meant by the 'self persecution' comment earlier?

I'm sure given enough time, I can find sufficient evidence against pretty much every point on that list, but it's not really worth it. I expect nothing but laugh emoji's on this post from the usual suspects and maybe someone actually interested might read it through.

--

Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.
You mean the laptop that was playing a video ?
Which is why this thread got closed by the way
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/unre...ptops-than-on-the-ps5.1542774/#post-258269451
I even quoted the post showing it.

Last edited:

adamsapple

You mean the laptop that was playing a video ?
Which is why this thread got closed by the way
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/unre...ptops-than-on-the-ps5.1542774/#post-258269451
I even quoted the post showing it.

bruhh ... the picture is running a chrome browser, yes anyone can see that is a video playback, no one is saying that chrome browser is running in real time on UE5.

It has nothing to do with the engineer commented on about the engine and what kind of specs it runs at.

This escalated after an interview with an engineer from Epic China (which has since been taken down) revealed the demo seen running on the PS5 ran just as well on a laptop. In fact the PC reportedly ran the demo better, with the PS5 managing 30fps at 1440p while the laptop hit 40fps at the same resolution from within the editor itself.

You pick and chose the dumb post which makes the assertion without reading the actual thing, or even the other posts in the same topic.

The engineer is talking about the engine performance on those specs.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
bruhh ... the picture is running a chrome browser, yes anyone can see that is a video playback, no one is saying that chrome browser is running in real time on UE5.

It has nothing to do with the engineer commented on about the engine and what kind of specs it runs at.
So your interview that has been taken down has more weight than tiw sweeny confirming it was fake?

You see how the fud comunity is still active ?Of course you are the fud comunity.And you keep hammering bullshit.I got you the thread ..
Damn even on REE they knew it was not the whole demo
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ti...-awesome-on-both.206223/page-14#post-34187508

adamsapple

So your interview that has been taken down has more weight than tiw sweeny confirming it was fake?

You see how the fud comunity is still active ?Of course you are the fud comunity.And you keep hammering bullshit.I got you the thread ..
Damn even on REE they knew it was not the whole demo
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ti...-awesome-on-both.206223/page-14#post-34187508

Bruuhhhhh ....

it's an engineer talking about how the engine performs in the EDITOR on a 2080 with an EVO 970.

Literally nowhere is it said that that video playback is supposed to be PC playback of the UE5 demo.

Tim's tweet about them showing video playback has literally no bearing on anything the engineer said about the UE5 editor.

Here, Epic's CTO said the same demo runs with pretty good performance on a 2070, (ed: 2070Supah) which is, and this is true, *weaker* than a 2080 the chinese guy said.

The FUD is coming from inside the house :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Bruuhhhhh ....

it's an engineer talking about how the engine performs in the EDITOR on a 2080 with an EVO 970.

Literally nowhere is it said that that video playback is supposed to be PC playback of the UE5 demo.

Tim's tweet about them showing video playback has literally no bearing on anything the engineer said about the UE5 editor.

Here, Epic's CTO said the same demo runs with pretty good performance on a 2070, which is, and this is true, *weaker* than a 2080 the chinese guy said.
Sometimes I feel like that you genuinely can't read, or refuse to understand.
The corrected translation was that a laptop could run the very first scene (the lumen one) at 40 that's it, then there has been a demo shwon on a laptop and poeple thought it was running on the laptop hence people thinking that the laptop rand the demo better than ps5.It was only a video and the engine can run on a lot of thing but as I showed you earlier it can't run the demo at the same quality or better than a ps5...
Which is exactly in the link I showed you.
I never said that the demo can't run on anything else just that a laptop is not doing better ...Well at least at the time I guess some laptop nowadays can.
And saying a 2070 can run the demo well doesn't disprove anything had he say can run it better than a ps5 then yeah you'd have a point.
but as usual a big swing and a miss from you.
So is there any other bullshit you wish to spread again because you've deflected from the battery, to ML, to UE5 and when proven wrong you changed the subject ...
Do you plan on derailling on what bullshit next?
Oh and by the way update : I'm probably eating pizza tonight, I wonder what gave me the idea, still thinking the same.

Mr Moose

Which is, and this is also true, still weaker than a 2080.
The original article: https://www.pcgamer.com/unreal-engine-5-tech-demo/
Would this demo run on my PC with a RTX 2070 Super? Yes, according to Libreri, and I should get "pretty good" performance.
And at the time the PS5 SSD was faster than PCs I believe?
Regarding loading and streaming, though, Sweeney says that the PlayStation 5's SSD architecture is "god-tier" and "pretty far ahead of PCs," but that you should still get "awesome performance" with an NVMe SSD, which I'm using. One thing is for sure: If you haven't already, it's time to ditch HDDs, which Sweeney doesn't expect anyone to load games from in the near future.

"One of the big efforts that's been done and is ongoing in Unreal Engine 5 is optimizing for next-generation storage to make loading faster by multiples of current performance," he said. "Not just a little bit faster, but a lot faster, so that you can bring in this geometry and display it despite it not all fitting in memory."

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Don't try to claim technical pizza oven issues, I'll have you know that Taul Passi is already on the case and will be posting a story that definitively proves this "exclusivity situation" you guys have going.
Alright I'll admit HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 gave me technical assistance by using a naan bread instead of a pizza dough (Which is something I hadn't though of but might work great).And he strictly forbad me to une naan bread for anything else.

adamsapple

Sometimes I feel like that you genuinely can't read, or refuse to understand.
The corrected translation was that a laptop could run the very first scene (the lumen one) at 40 that's it, then there has been a demo shwon on a laptop and poeple thought it was running on the laptop hence people thinking that the laptop rand the demo better than ps5.It was only a video and the engine can run on a lot of thing but as I showed you earlier it can't run the demo at the same quality or better than a ps5...

We went from "It's a video, not real" to "it's just the first half of the demo"

Progress at least 🤷‍♂️

I never said that the demo can't run on anything else just that a laptop is not doing better ...Well at least at the time I guess some laptop nowadays can.

Oh you mean linking me to a closed thread with a terrible post and saying 'you mean the laptop that was playing a video' wasn't you trying to say that the engineer was wrong?

You just happened to link to it and again to Sweeny's tweet talking about video playback for just giggles.

Eddie Murphy Yes GIF

And saying a 2070 can run the demo well doesn't disprove anything had he say can run it better than a ps5 then yeah you'd have a point.

Hey, more progress.

A 2070S can run the demo at a very good performance, and going by the engineer's comments, the 2080 was running it around 40 FPS, as opposed to the fluctuating 30 FPS on console.

See how easy that was?

but as usual a big swing and a miss from you.

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

So is there any other bullshit you wish to spread again because you've deflected from the battery, to ML, to UE5 and when proven wrong you changed the subject ...
Do you plan on derailling on what bullshit next?

No, just more of that bullshit with sources that you said you didn't like on the previous page.

Yes, we've established that the demo ran pretty good on a 2070S and at or above 40 FPS on a 2080.

And at the time the PS5 SSD was faster than PCs I believe?
Maybe, I can't say one way or the other.

That being said, the most impressive thing out of UE5 so far, The Matrix Awakens demo, with its city panning shots etc, only requires a through-put of 300MB/s. So it was going to be able to comfortably run on the Evo's even back in 2020/2021.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
We went from "It's a video, not real" to "it's just the first half of the demo"

Progress at least 🤷‍♂️

Oh you mean linking me to a closed thread with a terrible post and saying 'you mean the laptop that was playing a video' wasn't you trying to say that the engineer was wrong?

You just happened to link to it and again to Sweeny's tweet talking about video playback for just giggles.

Eddie Murphy Yes GIF

Hey, more progress.

A 2070S can run the demo at a very good performance, and going by the engineer's comments, the 2080 was running it around 40 FPS, as opposed to the fluctuating 30 FPS on console.

See how easy that was?

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

No, just more of that bullshit with sources that you said you didn't like on the previous page.
I'm genuinely convinced you can't read...Oh I get it you can't understand that there is 2 rumors there...
First the engineer said that the first scene lumen could run at 40 fps but the lumen scene alone.Source : The beyond3d corrected translation.
Then there was the video running on a laptop that got people confused of it running on it...That's the second rumor, granted it was not helped due to the mistranlation of the first rumor (hence why the interview has been taken down).
Then you interpret very good performance as in more than the ps5's nothing here is a confirmation that it runs better.
And then what do you mean by bullshit I didn't like?
Do you mean ML where you were proven wrong, battery? Also proven wrong....
So at best you have your own interpretation of tim sweeney's words "good performance"...That's ironclad too I guess.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I deserve this!

Thanks for tolerating me 😀
Hey dude a bad day can happen to everyone andI realize I was a bit hard on you, so sorry about that.But just as an advice it is not good to be that emotionaly involved.If the same burst of emotion happen again maybe take some time of or something like that.Believe me it will do you good.
giphy.webp

adamsapple

I'm not gonna address point by point cause it falls on deaf ears but just the one.

Then you interpret very good performance as in more than the ps5's nothing here is a confirmation that it runs better.

Literally nowhere in any of my posts did I interpret, say, imply or hint that the 2070S's "very good performance" was better than the PS5's. My posts are all there with time stamps and can be read and parsed by anyone.

This is a perfect example of the self-persecution I mentioned on the previous page. Thank you A azertydu91 🤝

Carry on my wayward son.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I'm not gonna address point by point cause it falls on deaf ears but just the one.

Literally nowhere in any of my posts did I interpret, say, imply or hint that the 2070S's "very good performance" was better than the PS5's. My posts are all there with time stamps and can be read and parsed by anyone.

This is a perfect example of the self-persecution I mentioned on the previous page. Thank you A azertydu91 🤝

Carry on my wayward son.
Well then you agree that the point about a laptop running the unreal engine 5 demo better than a ps5 was FUD !!!!Great you finally managed to understand it took you around 4 years... congrats.
Because if you had not notice that was the entire point the rumor that a laptop ran the demo better than ps5...
It's a bit sad that it took you so long but you are making progress in the right way.
Flower Flex GIF by Studios 2016

adamsapple

Well then you agree that the point about a laptop running the unreal engine 5 demo better than a ps5 was FUD !!!!Great you finally managed to understand it took you around 4 years... congrats.
Because if you had not notice that was the entire point the rumor that a laptop ran the demo better than ps5...
It's a bit sad that it took you so long but you are making progress in the right way.

The engineer's "laptop" had a 2080. He said the engine and demo runs at around 40 fps there on the UE5 editor, higher than the PS5 demo.

The CTO talked about the engine performance on a 2070S in a completely separate point and interview with the 'very good performance' comment.

Those two GPUs are not the same. You don't even know which point you're confusing with what here.

I admire the conviction to sticking to it even being dead wrong tho. Kudos.

Don't waste your time. At this point Adam is believing what he wants to believe.

You're about 20 posts behind, wait till you see him pivoting from the video playback point to 'it's just the first half of the demo' point. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Mr Moose

The engineer's "laptop" had a 2080. He said the engine and demo runs at around 40 fps there on the UE5 editor, higher than the PS5 demo.

The CTO talked about the engine performance on a 2070S in a completely separate point and interview with the 'very good performance' comment.

Those two GPUs are not the same. You don't even know which point you're confusing with what here.

You're about 20 posts behind, wait till you see him pivoting from the video playback point to 'it's just the first half of the demo' point. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Yeah a laptop 2080 is probably a bit worse than a desktop 2070 Super.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

You're about 20 posts behind :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Coming from you ?You have been proven wrong on each and every post you made and kept going on and you accuse others of sticking to it even when dead wrong"?
Adam's accusing other of what he is the most guilty of ....Ain't that a move called the xbox ?
It seems normal that you'd use it then.
Don't waste your time. At this point Adam is believing what he wants to believe.
Yeah I think you're right he'd just change the subject when cornered just like ML and battery.I think I'll just ignore him and let others judge who is wrong here...

adamsapple

Yeah a laptop 2080 is probably a bit worse than a desktop 2070 Super.

True, but without knowing what the CTO's 'very good performance' is in terms of FPS, it's kind of a redundant point.

Also, I looked up more on that chinese demo and here's some kery points. Even in that demo the chinese engineers reiterated multiple times that the SSD bandwidth really isn't that much of an issue.

I can see Tim asking the video to be taken down considering he was making PR points about the PS5's SSD speeds in the same window. Probably didn't want his own engineers to contradict him during the exclusive PS5 demo showings.

• 53:00, he said his laptop could run the tech demo at 1440p 40fps+ in labs, optimization target is 60fps for next-gen.
  • 2:07:00, SSD bandwidth isn’t as that high as ppl said, not need a strict spec SSD (decent SSD is ok).
  • They mentioned this 2-3 times in the interview: CPU has to keep up with the data processing.
  • Someone at TGFCer forum said, the engineer just confirmed to him: RTX 2080 GPU laptop but forgot the exact SSD model, perhaps 970 EVO Plus. (http://club.tgfcer.com/thread-8307013-7-1.html 94th post)

akira__

True, but without knowing what the CTO's 'very good performance' is in terms of FPS, it's kind of a redundant point.

Also, I looked up more on that chinese demo and here's some kery points. Even in that demo the chinese engineers reiterated multiple times that the SSD bandwidth really isn't that much of an issue.

I can see Tim asking the video to be taken down considering he was making PR points about the PS5's SSD speeds in the same window. Probably didn't want his own engineers to contradict him during the exclusive PS5 demo showings.

We went from the secret source, with a secret deal. To a secret video of demo running on a laptop.

And what would that even prove?

Just because you can run application/game doenst tell you anything about the performance.
Running on the laptop != the same performance as ps5.

For example both ps4 and ps5 could run cyberpunk. What does that prove?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Man, Adamsapple doesn’t give up.
lL4o75c.jpeg

Arguably better content than some of the other posts I've replied to on this page :messenger_ok:

Just because you can run application/game doenst tell you anything about the performance.

True.

But an engineer outright telling us what performance it runs at on their machine in the editor environment does.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
We went from the secret source, with a secret deal. To a secret video of demo running on a laptop.

And what would that even prove?

Running on the laptop != the same performance as ps5.

For example both ps4 and ps5 could run cyberpunk. What does that prove?
That's too subtle, your point won't convey.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Anyone got a laptop 2080 available. Just run the benchmark and check the ssd speeds. Performance etc and compare it to the points the epic engineer said?

adamsapple

What does it tell us?

'about the performance', like you said.

Just to reiterate, in a 2080 laptop environment the same demo was able to run at 40~ fps at 1440p. The same demo which ran at ~30 FPS at 1440p on PS5.

Anyone got a laptop 2080 available. Just run the benchmark and check the ssd speeds. Performance etc and compare it to the points the epic engineer said?

'fraid I have a shitty 1060 laptop only.

Last edited:

akira__

Just to reiterate, in a 2080 laptop environment the same demo was able to run at 40~ fps at 1440p. The same demo which ran at ~30 FPS at 1440p.

1. There is a demo running on ps5
2. There is a engineer claiming to also run the demo on a laptop.
3. We know nothing of the performance of the demo running
4. Part of the demo (the flying part) was build for asset streaming.

Since it's EU5 that we would expect the demo to run on lower spec machines even much lower. Although the performance won't be great.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Just to reiterate, in a 2080 laptop environment the same demo was able to run at 40~ fps at 1440p. The same demo which ran at ~30 FPS at 1440p on PS5.

I would put money that a intel i7 and 2080 gaming laptop running an full tgp 2080 mobile chip could run the unreal engine 5 demo at 1440p in the 40s. The cpu advantage over the console ones and the nvidia chip would perform well.

Top Bottom