• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Anyone got a laptop 2080 available. Just run the benchmark and check the ssd speeds. Performance etc and compare it to the points the epic engineer said?
Here is a link for how the demo runs with a 2070 super (but the desktop edition so a bit more powerful than a laptop one).
Note that this isn't the demo from the trailer but from the demo that was playable after the demo got introduce.

As you can see 30 fps unstable...

That's not true. You were exposed a long time ago

Surprise Zing GIF by Big Brother

kidding my man

Seen too many big brother ads on my tv that I officially can’t count on all my fingers.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
1. There is a demo running on ps5
2. There is a engineer claiming to also run the demo on a laptop.
3. We know nothing of the performance of the demo running
4. Part of the demo (the flying part) was build for asset streaming.

1. Yes.
2. Yes. Although he's an engineer for the engine, so it's more than likely actual testing results, not him just 'claiming'.
3. "53:00, he said his laptop could run the tech demo at 1440p 40fps+ in labs, optimization target is 60fps for next-gen".
4. Ok

Since it's EU5 that we would expect the demo to run on lower spec machines even much lower. Although the performance won't be great.

Ok. I don't disagree with what you said. UE5 is very scalable, that part is true, yes.

I would put money that a intel i7 and 2080 gaming laptop running an full tgp 2080 mobile chip could run the unreal engine 5 demo at 1440p in the 40s. The cpu advantage over the console ones and the nvidia chip would perform well.
Likely. I would imagine an engineer working on the tech would know too.

For a good while this thread really turned into NeoGAF vs. adamsapple adamsapple .

Nah, not all GAF is like this. This recent session of posts is just the couple of users looking for FUD in thin air.

Last edited:

jumpship

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: Well Well Well, look what I found.

Those on team devs are gonna love this interview from earlier in the month, now a MUST READ. They (Game Science and S-GAME studios) discuss Sony's dev support on Black Myth Wukong and debunk talk of an exclusivity deal very specifically.

Sony's support engineers even helped on Black Myth Wukong PC optimization alongside the PS5 version.

ITS ALL HERE. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The main points are bolded but read the whole interview. They're literally trying to fabricate an exclusivity deal out of nothing to smear Sony and save face. smh. Just take the L.

Phantom-Blade-Zero-Black-Myth-Wukong.jpg

China recently hosted its largest games exhibition, ChinaJoy 2024, where the most interesting new projects from local developers were presented. Apparently, gamers were most interested in the dark action games Black Myth: Wukong and Phantom Blade Zero.

Both games were presented at the event on behalf of PlayStation, which caused some discontent among gamers, which the developers themselves were quick to dispel. The creators of Black Myth: Wukong and Phantom Blade Zero said they had no exclusivity agreements with Sony.

Journalists attending the ChinaJoy exhibition were able to communicate with representatives from Game Science and S-GAME studios, where they addressed the issue of exclusivity for the PS5. According to the developers, they are indeed working closely with the PlayStation games division. The company offers comprehensive support in promoting games in China and abroad. In a way, Sony is the publisher of Black Myth: Wukong and Phantom Blade Zero, the authors note. However, this collaboration imposes no obligations on the teams. The developers decide independently which platforms they will release their games on and, at the moment, the most promising for release are PC and PS5.

One of the developers of Phantom Blade Zero, who wished to remain anonymous,
also noted that PlayStation helps a lot of studios in the area of testing. The company provides special debugging tools and even its own engineers. According to him, these employees are also helping with PC optimization alongside the PS5 version.

When asked why his studio doesn't want to release the action game on Xbox, he replied that "nobody needs this platform". According to the developer, the console is not popular in Asia and, in addition, Microsoft has created a very overloaded ecosystem for which it is difficult to develop games.

Source (Translated)

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: Well Well Well, look what I found.

Those on team devs are gonna love this interview from earlier in the month, now a MUST READ. They (Game Science and S-GAME studios) discuss Sony's dev support on Black Myth Wukong and debunk talk of an exclusivity deal very specifically.

Sony's support engineers even helped on Black Myth Wukong PC optimization alongside the PS5 version.

The main points are bolded but read the whole interview. They're literally trying to fabricate an exclusivity deal out of nothing to smear Sony and save face. smh. Just take the L.
Damn from a month ago too ?Maybe the dev need to clarify again that there's no deal since they've already done it ...Twice, but who knows, 3rd time's the charms.

adamsapple

Wasn't this article, or at least part of it, were AI generated?

“I decided to look into this and I’m about 95% certain at this point that the “quote” was first posted on August 1 by a website that uses generative AI to pump out articles by scraping the internet for news and rumors.

It was then picked up by a Chinese media outlet.

Damn from a month ago too ?Maybe the dev need to clarify again that there's no deal since they've already done it ...Twice, but who knows, 3rd time's the charms.

Swing Miss GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Wasn't this article, or at least part of it, were AI generated?

Swing Miss GIF by MOODMAN
Dude you debunked yourself....
And again why don't you check that video of the demo running badly on a 2070 super that even you admitted should be better than the laptop and even worse is a desktop edition and not a laptop one....

Last edited:

adamsapple

If GAF allowed wider avatars, this would be an immediate change.

Dude you debunked yourself....
And again why don't you check that video of the demo running badly on a 2070 super that even you admitted should be better than the laptop and even worse is a desktop edition and not a laptop one....

Not only are The Valley demo and the PS5 demo not the same thing ..

The Valley of the Ancients demo on PC bundles Nanite and Lumen

The PS5 UE5 demo ran without any RT

For your own sake, stop replying to me :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
If GAF allowed wider avatars, this would be an immediate change.

Not only are The Valley demo and the PS5 demo not the same thing ..

The Valley of the Ancients demo on PC bundles Nanite and Lumen

The PS5 UE5 demo ran without any RT

For your own sake, stop replying to me :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Congrats you gained the ability to recognize that settings may differ, something that you were incapable of doing.this means that that laptop may have been running with different settings.So if my example doesn't work using your own logic yours doesn't either since we don't know what were the setting just as we don't know the resolution variation.
It is incredible how you always understand what helps you push your narrative....
And finally I'd just add that since there is no footage honestly we don't have much better than this youtube video.But hey at least you didn't need to be reassured about the devs words this time .

For your own self, stop embarassing yourself, everybody sees through your bullshit.

Last edited:

adamsapple

adamsapple adamsapple in his mind imagining he's Ip Man vs Neogaf right now

You guys are generous. Thank you. 💚

For those interested here's a framerate comparison etween an rtx 2070 super desktop and a ps5:
Here's the RTX

Here's the ps5

Now tell us if the PS5 is running either 1440p or Ultra equivalent settings?

Answer: It isn't.

Native resolution is 1080p or sub 1080p or worse TAAU, most settings are below High or Medium and things like reflections, motion blur are lessened or worse.

I did the thing you don't like and found more supporting evidence.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

Now tell us if that laptop was running on an equivalent to ps5 settings....
You can't.
Do you understand that you are debunking yourself there ?You are destroying your own point if you'd rather.
By the way DF said that the next gen versions were running between 1440 and 16something...So higher res, that I can tell you.
I will spell it to you because I know you haven't understood your situation, you're in a lose lose situation there.
Either settings are important and then your laptop argument doesn't work because we don't know on what settings it was.
OR
Settings aren't important and the ps5 performs better than a model that works better than the one in the laptop on its desktop version so even more powerful...

Mr Moose

You guys are generous. Thank you. 💚

Native resolution is 1080p or sub 1080p or worse TAAU, most settings are below High or Medium and things like reflections, motion blur are lessened or worse.

I did the thing you don't like and found more supporting evidence.

It's dynamic.
The performance challenges also impact resolution too. However, thanks to Unreal Engine 5's temporal super resolution (TSR) technology the sub-native rendering on Xbox Series X and PS5 looks suitably 4K in nature. However, earlier pixel counts varying up to 1620p have to be revised in the wake of feedback from Epic. When content is letterboxed, the borders aren't simply black overlays as is often the case - Epic is concentrating GPU power into the visible area, meaning that we're actually looking at native 1066p-1200p rendering.

In the most intense action, 1080p or perhaps lower seems to be in effect, which really pushes the TSR system hard. At the entry level, it's incredible to see Xbox Series S deliver this at all but it does so fairly effectively, albeit with some very chunky artefacts. Here, the reconstruction target is 1080p, but 1555x648 looks to be the max native rendering resolution in letterboxed content with some pixel counts significantly below 533p too. It should be stressed that TSR can be transformative though, adding significantly to overall image quality, to the point where Epic allows you to toggle it on and off in the engine showcase section of the demo. Series S does appear to be feature complete, but in addition to resolution cuts, feature reduction in detail and RT does seem to be in play. [UPDATE: We've updated native resolution pixel counts on all systems.]

adamsapple

It's dynamic.

Yes, at, below or around 1080p like my original post said.

The TAAU quality is also not as refined as PC on Ultra, but of course that should go without saying. Consoles aren't going to match PC Ultra in most cases.

* sorry, broke my self-imposed exile.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I wonder if the mods are entertained because I honestly thought we'd get a warning for derailing the thread quite a while ago.Well I think it is best to ignore adam's misinformation and go back to topic guys.
Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

I do thnik that we'll get information soon about when to expect the game on Xbox and that they'll quickly sort out the problem(s?).
Because honestly it's a legit good game, I had a bit of trouble because I think the main character faf around a bit too much with its stick while fighting, but the game looks great...The only problem I had was I had the bug were the game forcefully selected chinese and I had to do the first fight in chinese and then I could go to the pc settings and change the language.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Yes, at, below or around 1080p like my original post said.

The TAAU quality is also not as refined as PC on Ultra, but of course that should go without saying. Consoles aren't going to match PC Ultra in most cases.

* sorry, broke my self-imposed exile.
And confirmed that settings are important therefore your laptop argument was bullshit...congrat you did the thing that I like...Debunking your own argument.
Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Edit: and you don't know if dlss is used in the video I provided too.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

lmao no.

The Minimum DRAM alone is above Series S's entire Shared RAM stack (16GB vs 10GB), this is not counting the 6-8GB of VRAM the Graphics card brings into it either, not talking about memory bandwidth either..

It runs on Steam deck, thus bandwidth definitely not one of the issues.

Says the guy who worships the company that released Redfall and Starfield (both supposed game changers). Hardly anyone stood up for Concord because, unlike the zealots who protect anything green, people could see it wasn't looking good. Folks like you were stans for garbage. You finally get a bad game from Sony (in a year that also saw Helldivers, Stellar Blade, and FFVII) and it's all y'all talk about.

I'll give DenchDeckard DenchDeckard some credit, as he at least attempted to walk back some of what he said. You? Chasing Concord while still unable to play Wukong. Just buy a PS5. You'll live longer! :p
I feel like a celebrity :messenger_sunglasses:

Thabass

Frankly the insiders getting things wrong is more entertaining than the games themselves nowadays. It's like backstage wrestling news being more entertainment than the product on TV.

pasterpl

EviLore EviLore can you please clean this thread up, it is about Sony paying for a game exclusivity, now it turns to if UE5 can run better on PS5, laptop with 2070 or 2070s, or desktop with 2070 or on 2080…wtf is going on here. Multiple offenders here. Sorry guys but you bickering for most part doesn’t make sense.

DruWepro

Banned
biggest letdown of 2024 for me.
the gameplay is so boring.
thankfully i can share it with a friend on PS5 so i can get half the money back.

i've played Bleak Faith Forsaken after that.
it's a game from a 3 dev team
10x better than Wukong.

IMO

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
EviLore EviLore can you please clean this thread up, it is about Sony paying for a game exclusivity, now it turns to if UE5 can run better on PS5, laptop with 2070 or 2070s, or desktop with 2070 or on 2080…wtf is going on here. Multiple offenders here. Sorry guys but you bickering for most part doesn’t make sense.
I agree but with one correction: this thread is actually about Paul Tassi lying about Sony's exclusivity, despite the developer's confirmation otherwise, and now his backtracking to cover his ass.

pasterpl

In your own mind, I'm sure.

pasterpl pasterpl

Although you are no mod, sure, thread can be locked. We know, for sure, that this wasn't an exclusive deal, so people are just discussing what ever at this point. Glad you agree that this was a false alarm. :)

I agree but with one correction: this thread is actually about Paul Tassi lying about Sony's exclusivity, despite the developer's confirmation otherwise, and now his backtracking to cover his ass.
I have no idea who is making shit up and who is talking what actually happened. At this stage I don’t care. Just don’t want another 3-4 pages discussion of UE5 demo that was shown years ago.

akira__

I have no idea who is making shit up and who is talking what actually happened. At this stage I don’t care. Just don’t want another 3-4 pages discussion of UE5 demo that was shown years ago.
So you come into a thread about topic you know nothing of, nor care.

But you are offended it was derailed by someone who also didn't want to discuss the topic anymore.

And now you would like that nobody would be able to discuss this hilarious moment in gaming history of the Ironclad secret source.

This story is still unfolding, we found out for example that Paul Tassi Ironclad source had a source.

And secret deal seem to have been ps supporting the devs with development for ps5. Which xbox inclined todo.

Any moment and we will hear more from the insiders trying to save face.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
You could always, you know, not return to the thread. If you "don't care"...
(you care)
for it (and know nothing about the earlier nonsense), then why are you trying to police the topic?

Last edited:

Stafford

memory leak is a rumor, optimisation is the official reason, it will come on xbox, god knows when yet.

When Game Science said it was coming later to Xbox it did sound like it was coming along well, just a bit of a wait. And didn't the memory leak rumor also claim it was close to being done? But yeah, rumor.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
When Game Science said it was coming later to Xbox it did sound like it was coming along well, just a bit of a wait. And didn't the memory leak rumor also claim it was close to being done? But yeah, rumor.
Yeah the memory leak rumor said that the game failed Xbox certification process...Which would be odd if there was exclusivity involved.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I hope not. It needs to stay open so we can hear what a few of those that have mysteriously disappeared have to say. And they were so active in the first half of the thread, I wonder what happened.
That being said props to those that were there and managed to changed their mind considering the new informations provided.
But a huge shout out to DenchDeckard DenchDeckard after the meltdown he had in the beggining it took guts to come back and own it...We know a lot of people that would just stop posting and crawl into a hole but he didn't and I think we should respect that.

Top Bottom