• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

sainraja

Again, I ask. Where is the win here regardless of why Black Myth: Wukong is delayed on Xbox? It is the same result and it's not shocking news even if PlayStation paid for it. The whole situation is weird.

Weird GIF by MOODMAN
If Sony did pay for it, it would explain why it is not on Xbox. What is odd, is everything surrounding this game's exclusivity, including Sony's own actions. lol

Since you're clearly struggling and obviously bothered that the acquisition didn't do more for Microsoft (the only reason you'd keep replying) — I'll make it a little easier for you. I didn't say they gained nothing — I asked "how'd that turn out" — in conjunction to Sony (since his point of bringing it up was in the essence of an advantage on their nearest competitor — where in that regard, it's a relative non-story). His lack of a coherent answer was the answer. Activision is keeping Xbox's revenue afloat (the financials show this), but it did very little in regard to their bottom line against Sony (not sure what 5 years from now will mean when all of their games are coming to PlayStation anyway, particularly CoD, the one that matters).
Yea I’m bothered a multibillion dollar company apparently isnt doing well after buying activision and raking in profits from all their games….thats it. Youre such a smart level headed guy and totally not a delusional man child who treats video game consoles like political parties.

If it makes you feel any better, I own a PlayStation. Every single one. You can be a fan of something and not have to defend it with every fiber of your being. Crazy I know lol

Oh yeah, don’t forget King. That candy crush money is still doing crazy numbers after many years. But I guess you’re right, the acquisition Sony cried about is a huge failure 😂😂 Still not as bad as bungie and concord

Last edited:
not sure what 5 years from now will mean when all of their games are coming to PlayStation anyway, particularly CoD, the one that matters
And each copy sold on PlayStation will benefit Microsoft. That must sting

The point of the 5 yrs comment was that the acquisition is fairly new and restructuring is still going on. Let’s see what direction Microsoft takes them in.

Last edited:

Klayzer

Its really a win win for both as MS gets 70% of a lot of sales for just making a PS5 port

Its actually a win for gamers...

Fuck I sound like a shill now

excited ralph wiggum GIF
Totally agree. I still think Sony benefits more because, that extra money from Microsoft releases only strengthen the PS platform.

Playstation only gamers, with interest in a select few Xbox titles are the real winners here, imo.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
And each copy sold on PlayStation will benefit Microsoft. That must sting

The point of the 5 yrs comment was that the acquisition is fairly new and restructuring is still going on. Let’s see what direction Microsoft takes them in.
"Sting", yeah, you do seem stung. You had to quote the same post twice and brought up Bungie/Concord as a means to make yourself feel better. :p

Looks like you finally caught on to what was important though, so at least that's that.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
It's impressive how quickly it went from "it is an exclusivity deal" to secondhand source.And from I'm waitting for apologies to the belief is ... but I don't know.
That's quality journalism there...

I was trying to find the tweet where Jez Corden said the exclusivity was based on an actual contractual obligation. I think he must have deleted it though. Wish I had to taken a screenshot.

Last edited:
Its really a win win for both as MS gets 70% of a lot of sales for just making a PS5 port

Its actually a win for gamers...

Fuck I sound like a shill now

excited ralph wiggum GIF
That's what never made sense about Spencer's statement. IF the game they sell on PlayStation is successful they make a lot more money than they make selling on their own platform, not only that but these companies they just overpaid for become a lot less valuable if they aren't making a PlayStation version of their games.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I was trying to find the tweet where Jez Corden said the exclusivity was based on an actual contractual obligation. I think he must have deleted it though. Wish I had to taken a screenshot.
It's weird ....I thought he wanted apologies?Why deleting the tweet if he and his source were right?
He surely wouldn't delete all his wrong tweet though....No he surely wouldn't do that...

Topher

Gold Member
It's weird ....I thought he wanted apologies?Why deleting the tweet if he and his source were right?
He surely wouldn't delete all his wrong tweet though....No he surely wouldn't do that...

I found it. You cannot say you "know" the game is not on Xbox due to a "contractually obligated exclusivity period" and then say you have a "belief" that there is a "conditional offer" for support. So you "know" jack shit.

Last edited:

Klayzer

Jez and Tassi is like a Mexican soap opera, just without out the sexy broads.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I found it. You cannot say you "know" the game is not on Xbox due to a "contractually obligated exclusivity period" and then say you have a "belief" that there is a "conditional offer" for support. So you "know" jack shit.

Jez schrodinger, the quantic blogger...In a permanent state of knowing and not knowing...You see it is a being beyond human for whom humanity must always apologize as a penitence for their sins.He can rewrite time and the past simply by deleting a tweet...

Last edited:

Three

lol....also came across this from last year...

Meanwhile....

4L2d1zL.png

Jez, Colt and the diehard influencers love to rally the diehard troops by making them think they're fighting some enemy instead of coming to the realisation that they're missing out on games and supporting a struggling product. Stops the stubborn fanboys from just getting a Playstation by making them think they're supporting an "enemy" by doing so instead of just buying a better product.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
For those that think we're piling on Jez/Tassi unfairly, you can't post hearsay as fact, and then not take some ridicule when the shit hits the fan.

In my mind the jury is still out on the rumor itself. I don't buy it at all at this point, but that doesn't mean it is impossible that an exclusivity deal exists. That, however, is an entirely separate issue than how this has been presented on twitter by members of the gaming media, including Jez Corden and Paul Tassi. Corden, in particular, has been entirely irresponsible in all of this because he clearly doesn't know a thing but somehow lacks the introspection to be able to keep track of his own contradictions from one day to the next. In my mind, pointing out these contradictions and, at times, complete falsehoods is absolutely justified when it comes to dealing with members of the media. They put themselves on this pedestal.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
In my mind the jury is still out on the rumor itself. I don't buy it at all at this point, but that doesn't mean it is impossible that an exclusivity deal exists. That, however, is an entirely separate issue than how this has been presented on twitter by members of the gaming media, including Jez Corden and Paul Tassi. Corden, in particular, has been entirely irresponsible in all of this because he clearly doesn't know a thing but somehow lacks the introspection to be able to keep track of his own contradictions from one day to the next. In my mind, pointing out these contradictions and, at times, complete falsehoods is absolutely justified when it comes to dealing with members of the media. They put themselves on this pedestal.
Sure a deal is still possible...It would be the first kind of deal that was made without money and marketing and would contradict what the dev said and what other influencers said.But there is actually a possibility that such deal exists.And that's basically what the rumor should've been from tassi from the start...something like "I don't know if there's a deal but sony sent a team to help".And that would've been a perfectly fine rumor, but who am I to explain to a forbes "journalist" how to write an article, I don't have a university degree and my english is self taught...
Yet I'm sure my version of this rumor would've been way better and more accurate than the trash he released and backtracked.

Can you guys check their website and see if that quote about optimizing the xbox version is still there. Couldn't find it anymore. I don't even see the FAQ section at all now.
Edit: nvm. found it.

Last edited:

Klayzer

Very eloquently said. I suppose a tweet is incoming from Jez, about not being a journalist.

Edmund

Sure a deal is still possible...It would be the first kind of deal that was made without money and marketing and would contradict what the dev said and what other influencers said.But there is actually a possibility that such deal exists.And that's basically what the rumor should've been from tassi from the start...something like "I don't know if there's a deal but sony sent a team to help".And that would've been a perfectly fine rumor, but who am I to explain to a forbes "journalist" how to write an article, I don't have a university degree and my english is self taught...
Yet I'm sure my version of this rumor would've been way better and more accurate than the trash he released and backtracked.

Jim Ryan made Game Science do a pinky promise just before he retired.

nial

If you want to have a good laugh:
Holy fucking shit. This is downright dirty as fuck.

How many deals could be made like this where they done even say it's due to an exclusivity deal. And saying it's a technical issue so it's also creating a negative perception of the hardware.

So much crow to be served here. Fuxk Sony for this dirty assed exclusive money hats.

At least have the balls to say you've done it.

Despicable.
You got double crow to eat, man.

You're in this thread shooting down any possibility that Sony have done a dirty here. Defending them like fuck and you are completely wrong. Like so wrong.

There has been a deal, sony are dirty as fuck and we have clear evidence of silent back door deals going down from them.

Fuck them. I'm not buying a pro now. They should have been honest and owned this shit.

Fuck all the stans defending them too. Like you.
The game runs like shit on the ps5 and looks like shit vs the pc version.

It's not about shouting about it from the rooftops with marketing. It's about kneecapping xbox.
Can't believe you're being this delusional. I bet you're one of the people that believe everything the government tells you...

...jeez. multiple sources are now running the story.

You out here still in denial and defending sony.

I guess you're a shill too?

Protect the message at all costs?
Also, what's the deal with people like cireza cireza feeling fucked over by Xbox these days, but keep shitting on Sony just because they STILL believe everything MS and its shills say?
An exclusivity deal ? Damn. That would be the first time I see Sony doing this.
Edit: Regarding cireza, I think this explains it very well.
Stops the stubborn fanboys from just getting a Playstation by making them think they're supporting an "enemy" by doing so instead of just buying a better product.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
If you want to have a good laugh:

Also, what's the deal with people like cireza cireza feeling fucked over by Xbox these days, but keep shitting on Sony just because they STILL believe everything MS and its shills say?
Alright listen as funny as it was at the time (and I'm guilty of making of him too) at least he owned it and came back from it.There are some people that have just disappeared since.I think that is something that should be respected.

Top Bottom