• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Shifts DenchDeckard DenchDeckard down one spot on the NeoGaf Xbox fanboy tierlist.

Shifts DenchDeckard DenchDeckard back to original position on the tier list.

Yeap. You're a clown alright.
925cya.jpg

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So you saw the nate the hate post that said more is coming without confirming from who or even which side will bring those , a post that barely got attention, but those backtracking tweets that have been posted a lot by multiple people somehow ecaped you ?
If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

Well I strongly advise you to check more recent posts from tassi and jez, that is an impressive backtracking that you will witness.
But since you chose to believe them, now that they are basically both saying I don't know, do you still think that the guys that don't know ...Know more than the studio ?
I'll take a look now, thanks.

Hoping some more concrete stuff comes through, from whoever.

I thought I saw a post saying Game Science had removed the Xbox comment from their website. was that true or just an error on the posters side?

Mr Moose

I'll take a look now, thanks.

Hoping some more concrete stuff comes through, from whoever.

I thought I saw a post saying Game Science had removed the Xbox comment from their website. was that true or just an error on the posters side?
No, the site is just shit.

On which platforms can I play Black Myth: Wukong?
PC and PS5 users can enjoy the full game starting August 20, 2024. We are currently optimizing the Xbox Series X|S version to meet our quality standards, so it won't release simultaneously with the other platforms. We apologize for the delay and aim to minimize the wait for Xbox users. We will announce the release date as soon as it meets our quality standards.

No, the site is just shit.

On which platforms can I play Black Myth: Wukong?
PC and PS5 users can enjoy the full game starting August 20, 2024. We are currently optimizing the Xbox Series X|S version to meet our quality standards, so it won't release simultaneously with the other platforms. We apologize for the delay and aim to minimize the wait for Xbox users. We will announce the release date as soon as it meets our quality standards.
Given the quality of the PS5 version or lack of, this smells like...

Some clarity from Game Science would be welcome.

Saw the game on PS5 at a friend's house and it looks quite nice. Definitely a game for me and I'd get it for my Xbox. We'll see what happens.
I highly doubt that their comment would change. In the absolutely insane never before heard of scenario ( proposed by Tassi et al) where Sony sent technical help and obtained defacto exclusivity without bragging rights (i.e. no marketing), Game Science would be giving Sony more than they got paid (in services) by revealing that the game is a console exclusive. Meanwhile in reality, they have already stated the reason for the delay and the best we could hope for would be an update with the timeline for XB port. In the weird ass scenario proposed by Tassi, Jez and the retard from IGN, the only winner is Sony. They got an exclusive without paying a single dime and this hidden shadow console exclusive was then freely marketed by these reporters (even though in this hypothetical scenario, Sony does not have the marketing rights).

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
So the moral of the story here.

MS would rather buyout publishers to keep games off a rival platform but won't bother to send engineering support to get a game on thiers...

The whole while having their brain dead masses cheer this on like some sort of victory. You cannot make this up.
An in a few weeks or month when the game will come out everybody will forget this story and tassi and corden will return to playing pretend journalists.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Damn, going back to 2020 when the shills were campaigning for the Series S is brutal:

cFYoDlD.jpeg

NL1FGn0.jpeg
MCkMmDC.jpeg

Always the same names…
Yeah corden is full of shit, nothing new, that being said, we don't know if the series s is the problem.It could be just that the devs needed more time or external help.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I think Microsoft would rather drop parity and let the Series S version run like utter shit or just release on Series X before losing that title. But hey, we'll see.
True. But the problem is that even if they swallow that bitter pill, they will still be catering to only ~25% of their userbase, which is minuscule to begin with.

Series S is where the bulk of Xbox customers are right now. And not releasing the game on Series S will piss off the majority of Xbox gamers. It'll be an Xbox release in name only and, by all means, will be a PS5 console exclusive.

Unknown?

If true, MS gets points yet again for being basically the only large publisher in gaming that communicates directly with fans and press on a reliable basis. Even in their denial to comment, they basically told everyone what it was. Everyone else is totally silent or lying.
Not when it comes to numbers.

Venom Snake

The saddest part of all this is that this game could most likely be available on XSX right now. Whatever reason Phil Spencer might have for treating two unequal consoles as equal, it harms their premium product. The one for which customers paid more to get more.

In my opinion, it is pathetic that in the current state of events it became more preferable to hint at some behind-the-scenes practices that benefit customers of a competing platform, rather than fight a model that hurts their own asses.

So there's something truly satisfying about watching them drown in their own shit along with this stupid narrative.

akira__

This came out almost 12 days after the OT and y’all motherfuckers have replied in this thread more than the one dedicated to the game.

Someone in MS used their media relationships to push out narrative didn't make any sense, but even if would be true it would still be damning to Xbox. And made all those pushing those narratives look like clowns this time.

And now they are forced to backtrack on a nothingburger to begin with.

Just a few years ago they would come with bizarre narratives but those would atleast be damning to playstation.

Any time Jim Ryan would say anything this circus would start.

Many posters here have been on this rodeo many times this generation.

But this time it was too obvious and nonsensical. This thread might be one of this best of this generation because of reasons stated earlier.
This has been much better entertainment then the game itself.

akira__

Taul Assi doubling down today.

If you read the statement there is nothing there about any deal by PS. It's clearly PR language to suggest that their might be but it never says there is.

If this is the whole rumor Ironclad source, then we already had this discussion before wukong launched.

That discussion was nice.
We had to do it twice.

Thanks MS for this pure gold entertainment.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So Microsoft are suggesting that the devs are lying.

Sony did some sort of marketing deal where they don't market the game they paid for??

This is just MS gaslighting people.

Sony would have ads everywhere if they had paid exclusivity.
Did they name this spokesperson?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Ms can't stoop this low surely. Something is going on.
Yeah...sure, the company that tried to hide tomb raider's exclusivity, and plastered ads about a destiny perfume after passing on the exclusivity and that also forbid company to talk about other platforms for a duration after their announcement of a multiplatform game.
No surely they wouldn't word it like that even if the deal was sony sent a team to game the game released on time on ps...That's a sort of deal too.
And surely has nothing to do with other games having similar problems...

Stafford

I don't know wtf to believe anymore. When it was just the delay because of optimisation it seemed a early 2025 release was plausible. But who the heck even knows now, sigh. Done with this.

Did the studio confirm the memory leak issue or was that just a rumor and never confirmed?

Last edited:
Top Bottom