• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

Jeff Goldblum Yes GIF by Jurassic World

Taul Passi, Jizz Corden, and now DF.....right.

Stafford

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the bit of text is removed from the site with some excuse why it's not coming to Xbox anymore. I'm just prepared for it.

Might just wait until PS5 Pro is announced, a patch for it and then if the price is right get one and play it on that. In the meantime there's tons of other stuff to play. I'm over this nonsense.

Mr Moose

Even so, there may well be the case that Game Science did/does require more time to get an Xbox version into shape. Back in June, a statement said, "We are currently optimising the Xbox Series X|S version to meet our quality standards, so it won't release simultaneously with the other platforms. We apologise for the delay and aim to minimise the wait for Xbox users. We will announce the release date as soon as it meets our quality standards."

demigod

Yeah...sure, the company that tried to hide tomb raider's exclusivity, and plastered ads about a destiny perfume after passing on the exclusivity and that also forbid company to talk about other platforms for a duration after their announcement of a multiplatform game.
No surely they wouldn't word it like that even if the deal was sony sent a team to game the game released on time on ps...That's a sort of deal too.
And surely has nothing to do with other games having similar problems...
That’s not the only slimy things they did. They advertised Destiny for free with the purchase of the console when they didn’t have marketing rights.

akira__

In this case it's not even eurogamer, it's DF specifically.

If anyone wanted confirmation that they are in the same bracket as Warren, Tassi, Strickland, Jez etc (in terms of being PR handlers on behalf of Microsoft), then here it is.
Their takes used to leave me head scratching, until looked at all of their "reporting' as if they are ms spokespersons.

You can look at any of their takes apply view and it will all make sense.

Three

Jez: "maybe they're working on figuring out the real reason it's not coming to xbox"

Says the guy who was just suggesting from ironclad sources he knows why it's not coming based on said companies claims of "not commenting on deals made by platform holders". You were just selling the idea that it's an exclusivity deal Jez. Now both MS and you don't know and are "working" to figure it out?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I don't know wtf to believe anymore. When it was just the delay because of optimisation it seemed a early 2025 release was plausible. But who the heck even knows now, sigh. Done with this.

Did the studio confirm the memory leak issue or was that just a rumor and never confirmed?

Its likely never getting confirmed 100%. But we've seen Tassi, Jez, IGN, Digital Foundry and MS also hint at it now and still no updated comments from GS.

Of course everyone on this site will just insist its impossible, like they insisted Capcom wasnt having an issue porting MT Frame games.

Maybe one day we'll finally get confirmation. But if Sony is now involved I dont expect this game anytime soon.

sainraja

Its likely never getting confirmed 100%. But we've seen Tassi, Jez, IGN, Digital Foundry and MS also hint at it now and still no updated comments from GS.

Of course everyone on this site will just insist its impossible, like they insisted Capcom wasnt having an issue porting MT Frame games.

Maybe one day we'll finally get confirmation. But if Sony is now involved I dont expect this game anytime soon.
Questioning the source and waiting for confirmation that a deal has been made... is not anyone on this site saying it is impossible. Most are simply questioning the fact that if there is one, why is Sony being quiet?
That is certainly a better position than someone who just "feels" that it is so.

And don't YOU have a PS5? does having to buy a game on it really bother you that much? lol... if game pass is the reason, there is no guarantee that it will come there.

Last edited:

Spitfire098

Sony should make more of these deals. It's not like MS is going to stop porting games over...well I guess they could get another pub 😭

Last edited:
Yeah so the game is not xbox not because of a deal then ?Because we can all agree that you don't have to figure why a game isn't on X platform if it is because of a deal...It is nice to know that even jez corden doesn't believe it is an exclusive.
Not a console issue but still" working with"
Microsoft: 🤨'Port game to Xbox'
Game science: 🙉 What? I no understand🙈

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
GS we sent the game for certification and never got an answer?
Ms: we're investigating...
Gs we sent it 2 months ago though ?
MS: Oh then that the normal period of waiting so far.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Jez: "maybe they're working on figuring out the real reason it's not coming to xbox"

Says the guy who was just suggesting from ironclad sources he knows why it's not coming based on said companies claims of "not commenting on deals made by platform holders". You were just selling the idea that it's an exclusivity deal Jez. Now both MS and you don't know and are "working" to figure it out?
They are working to come up with a new narrative.

Only if they could spend half the time actually focusing on their platform and helping devs ...

Venom Snake

I think everybody is ignoring the most obvious question here:

Why isn't Microsoft allowed to say that Sony has a timed-exclusivity deal for Black Myth Wukong? 🤔

They have mentioned about Sony's exclusivity deals multiple times in the past. They did it in courts as well. Why can't they do it now?

They just want to say there is a deal without outright saying there is one. They know perfectly well that internet warriors will push this narrative and feed it to others for free. Until the very end, they are unable to take responsibility for problems resulting from a lack of understanding of what works and what does not work in entry-level hardware in the market space in which they operate..

Last edited:

StueyDuck

You just know this source is just some clown with anime avatar in all of their discords.

You could probably put this to rest by searching for the common users in each discord and then narrowing it down to those who crave attention and then bam you have your "source".

These people are all getting shafted by one internet troll and to me that's hilarious.

The MS statement is dumb but that has always been MS pr, they are never going to openly admit their console is causing an issue, you have to have half a brain to think that.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You're behaving like a 6 year old kid who just asked his parents for more candy a minute ago and got told no. And decide to ask again 5 minutes later hoping the answer will change.

They've already said there was no exclusivity and after that repeated that it was for optimisations, why keeping answering?
Sony has all the benefits of not responding so far, and GS already answered twice...What more do people want?

Did GS answer after these comments came out?

Why would they at this point? This is putting more attention on the game, which is exactly what GS and Sony want. Besides, they're probably too busy figuring out how to get it to run on that piece of shit series s.

You guys are literally doing the perfect example of believe or not believe rumours that we see so often nowadays, and no one asks the actual key people that would know. You've already made your decision and ran with it.

So, someone says something....You believe it.....Alternative reporting comes out that goes against the original messaging and you do not want to seek clarification from the actual people in the know.

Very 2024 of you.

You guys are literally doing the perfect example of believe or not believe rumours that we see so often nowadays, and no one asks the actual key people that would know. You've already made your decision and ran with it.

So, someone says something....You believe it.....Alternative reporting comes out that goes against the original messaging and you do not want to seek clarification from the actual people in the know.

Very 2024 of you.

I'm sorry but I don't take any of those sources seriously. Especially when the sources themselves are vague and clearly don't know what's going on. Why should I trust them when they have flip flopped already? They went from ironclad to maybe there is no deal real fast! Right now, I'll believe the developer until I have better reasons not to. Its as simple as that.

Very 2024 of you.

When you make an allegation it is you who has to prove it. There's no believing.

Moreover, there's no evidence to support the media claims, since they go against any common sense.

Let alone the fact that IGN, Eurogamer and their minions have been smearing GS for months. You can't ignore that unless you have chosen to believe their narrative, whatever that is, from secret deals to aliens.

Three

If Jez's new claim of not knowing why it's exclusive and GS apparently haven't 'reported technical issues' to MS (they made a comment about optimisation but ok) then maybe that's why they're jumping to conclusions and assuming it's a deal? Just because they're getting ignored? GS is probably loving all the free publicity Jez, Paul and DF are giving them around this.

Top Bottom