• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

DragonNCM

xrd-exrd.gif

I'm very confident that Sony landed more then developer assistance.......

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I don't take any of those sources seriously. Especially when the sources themselves are vague and clearly don't know what's going on. Why should I trust them when they have flip flopped already? They went from ironclad to maybe there is no deal real fast! Right now, I'll believe the developer until I have better reasons not to. Its as simple as that.
Of course you don't, they don't fit your agenda, but we have multiple sources now. Jez, Tassi, Rich Leadbetter has confirmed another and the IGN one which is different from the Tassi source but at a stretch could be Jez I suppose.

The newest one from DF states, (and to be clear, we've heard the same ourselves from sources with good knowledge of the situation), which clearly means other sources outside of Jez and Tassi. Needed to quote that as I've read some comments stating they're referring to Tassi's sources but that's obviously incorrect. At this point the accusations are mounting but both Sony and the developer remain silent 😶

Mr Moose

Of course you don't, they don't fit your agenda, but we have multiple sources now. Jez, Tassi, Rich Leadbetter has confirmed another and the IGN one which is different from the Tassi source but at a stretch could be Jez I suppose.

The newest one from DF states, (and to be clear, we've heard the same ourselves from sources with good knowledge of the situation), which clearly means other sources outside of Jez and Tassi. Needed to quote that as I've read some comments stating they're referring to Tassi's sources but that's obviously incorrect. At this point the accusations are mounting but both Sony and the developer remain silent 😶
I'm shocked that you would believe MicroSoft and their shills so quickly and easily.

No source has been revealed so there's no "mounting accusations", just a bunch of morons parroting what the first moron said, a bunch of fanboys repeating the same bullshit. So far, zero evidence.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

Even MS can't even proof any of this shit. They did the same kind of nonsense during BG3 release, as if Sony had some deal.

At this point, all these developers should skip them. Let them be that victim they want to be so badly together with their fans.

Last edited:
I'm shocked that you would believe MicroSoft and their shills so quickly and easily.
Ok, I am not too familiar with Jez or Tassi right, so maybe it's bullshit from them, but Richard Leadbetter has been in the industry a very long time and has many contacts within the industry. If he is saying he's heard things himself irrespective of those two then are we just burying our heads because it's not what we first thought?

Skifi28

Ok, I am not too familiar with Jez or Tassi right, so maybe it's bullshit from them, but Richard Leadbetter has been in the industry a very long time and has many contacts within the industry. If he is saying he's heard things himself irrespective of those two then are we just burying our heads because it's not what we first thought?
Oh please, you believed everything from day one just from Microsoft's original and vague PR statement with zero sources as seen here:

After that, you've been trying to say that this is the final nail every time a new person spoke up only for them to backtrack and for you to move to the next person. This time it's Leadbetter, who's next?

Oh please, you believed everything from day one just from Microsoft's original and vague PR statement with zero sources as seen here:

After that, you've been trying to say that this is the final nail every time a new person spoke up only for them to backtrack and for you to move to the next person. This time it's Leadbetter, who's next?
Well all evidence although circumstantial is pointing to a deal, I mean we still have radio silence from Sony, anyway I don't care either way as that game ain't all that.

Sony fanboys have been keeping this thread alive no one else, and until new information arrived I didn't bother but I came back because well, I was right 👍 😘

Skifi28

Well all evidence although circumstantial is pointing to a deal, I mean we still have radio silence from Sony, anyway I don't care either way as that game ain't all that.

Sony fanboys have been keeping this thread alive no one else, and until new information arrived I didn't bother but I came back because well, I was right 👍 😘
Yes, when all the previous sources you were absolutely sure sealed the deal started to backtrack, you saw no reason to be here as there were no news.

Also, I don't think one needs to be a fanboy to exercise critical thinking, but that's just me.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

You just have to ignore the devs statement about it...Twice, the other insiders that have been calling it bullshit, sony not advertizing eclusivity and to just firmly believe the now backtracked rumors from people that have now admitted that they don't know.
So far there's nothing circumstantial there.
But other circumstantial "evidences" are the other games skipping xbox.
Senjutsu taught you well but you still don't reach his level.

Astray

Its likely never getting confirmed 100%. But we've seen Tassi, Jez, IGN, Digital Foundry and MS also hint at it now and still no updated comments from GS.

Of course everyone on this site will just insist its impossible, like they insisted Capcom wasnt having an issue porting MT Frame games.

Maybe one day we'll finally get confirmation. But if Sony is now involved I dont expect this game anytime soon.
A deal is supposedly struck between GS and Sony.. The source? A spokesperson from Microsoft, a company that isn't privy to communications from either. Make it make sense.

This is how you know that gaming journalism is pure trash.

Skifi28

You mean ignoring the evidence 😉
Like I've been asking from the first pages, where is the actual evidence? I'm more than willing to believe there's a deal if someone proves it.

"I have an ironclad source trust me" is not evidence. Especially when that turns into "Well, things are actually complicated". What we do have so far is the word of the developer vs the word of people that have proven to not be trustworthy and often have have had an agenda in the past. I know who I'm believing until we have some real evidence.

Last edited:
You just have to ignore the devs statement about it...Twice, the other insiders that have been calling it bullshit, sony not advertizing eclusivity and to just firmly believe the now backtracked rumors from people that have now admitted that they don't know.
So far there's nothing circumstantial there.
But other circumstantial "evidences" are the other games skipping xbox.
Senjutsu taught you well but you still don't reach his level.
The articles written by Tassi, IGN and now DF/ Eurogamer are still up right? No one pulled them for inaccurate information did they? 😂 So basically your "backtracking" is Jez in some twitter posts? 🤣

Look keep putting in the overtime in this thread if you're free but I'll post in here when the next article confirms the deal 😘 Ta-ta for now 👋

Skifi28

The articles written by Tassi, IGN and now DF/ Eurogamer are still up right? No one pulled them for inaccurate information did they? 😂 So basically your "backtracking" is Jez in some twitter posts? 🤣

Look keep putting in the overtime in this thread if you're free but I'll post in here when the next article confirms the deal 😘 Ta-ta for now 👋
You were clinging on those for dear life and they were all the proof needed, now they're suddenly "Just Jez and some twitter post". Come on, you can do better than that.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

Tassi backtracked on twitter too, and read the whole article, it is far less confident in this rumor than you think...Still no circumstancial evidence as you claimed...

That's not circumstantial, that's hearsay, now you may want to stop posting and look stupid or keep going and leave no doubt about it?
Wrong, all this information if this was a court could be confirmed simply by calling the source or in this case sources to testify. Hearsay is simply information that can't be confirmed. Obviously this is not a court room and the sources obviously want to remain anonymous but hypocritically speaking this could be done.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Wrong, all this information if this was a court could be confirmed simply by calling the source or in this case sources to testify. Hearsay is simply information that can't be confirmed. Obviously this is not a court room and the sources obviously want to remain anonymous but hypocritically speaking this could be done.
Great, still not circumstantial, hearsay is literaly this situation, someone repeating what he has heard....That's the basis of every rumor...Hearsay is not unconfirmable information, it's literaly in the name ...hear - say....But for you last sentence, I will let you hypocritically speak.

Great, still not circumstantial, hearsay is literaly this situation, someone repeating what he has heard....That's the basis of every rumor...Hearsay is not unconfirmable information, it's literaly in the name ...hear - say....But for you last sentence, I will let you hypocritically speak.
No, are you not a native English speaker? All this information has been passed on to say Tassi. He then wrote an article off this information which was gained by someone close to the issue. Hearsay for instance is if I said "oh I heard that too" but with no confirmable source to back it up.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
No, are you not a native English speaker? All this information has been passed on to say Tassi. He then wrote an article off this information which was gained by someone close to the issue. Hearsay for instance is if I said "oh I heard that too" but with no confirmable source to back it up.
Yeah, this is literally hearsay.

Paul Tassi / Richard says "oh I heard that too" from their "anymonyous source." No confirmable source to back it up. They could at least tell the name and designation of the person who made this official statement in Xbox.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
So tassi supposedly by the way ,since he has since confirmed it was speculation from him, heard a source saying there was "something bizarre"...How could it be called?
And yes english isn't my native language, yet I know the difference between hypothetical and hypocritical and haven't been called out on this very thread because I totally misunderstood and twisted the words of a post...Just ask HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 he told you you were wrong.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm sorry but I don't take any of those sources seriously. Especially when the sources themselves are vague and clearly don't know what's going on. Why should I trust them when they have flip flopped already? They went from ironclad to maybe there is no deal real fast! Right now, I'll believe the developer until I have better reasons not to. Its as simple as that.

They are on published gaming sites. I agree that it shouldnt be Microsoft that is being trusted here with commentary.

When sources leak information, its a journalists job to go directly to the source. In this case Sony and GS and ask them for a clear comment on the claims. THere is multiple sites reporting this now, claiming to have multiple people with knowledge on the subject confirming that there is some sort of strange deal in place.

It needs clarification from the people that would know about the deal and the details of it. If they come out and absolutely claim there is nothing going on after this then I would side with them.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
They are on published gaming sites. I agree that it shouldnt be Microsoft that is being trusted here with commentary.

When sources leak information, its a journalists job to go directly to the source. In this case Sony and GS and ask them for a clear comment on the claims. THere is multiple sites reporting this now, claiming to have multiple people with knowledge on the subject confirming that there is some sort of strange deal in place.

It needs clarification from the people that would know about the deal and the details of it. If they come out and absolutely claim there is nothing going on after this then I would side with them.
The studio already said sony helped without asking for any form of exclusivity....What more do people need?

Last edited:
The fact that we've had more news about two more games skipping xbox at launch is like a fucking hint from the universe of the truth. The timing is perfect.

Until clarification comes, I'll believe the original statement of the studio. I have no reason not to. Why don't you believe them? Think of how silly it would be of them to lie when they literally had no reason to. I haven't played the game but I'm hearing performance isn't good on PS5. Isn't this even more proof that the game is in rough shape on xbox series s?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
The fact that we've had more news about two more games skipping xbox at launch is like a fucking hint from the universe of the truth. The timing is perfect.

Until clarification comes, I'll believe the original statement of the studio. I have no reason not to. Why don't you believe them? Think of how silly it would be of them to lie when they literally had no reason to. I haven't played the game but I'm hearing performance isn't good on PS5. Isn't this even more proof that the game is in rough shape on xbox series s?
Something that ironically is more akin to circumstancial evidences ....

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
We also have radio silence from Microsoft. Why can't they publicly say that Sony has an exclusivity deal for Black Myth Wukong?
Because Xbox loves to operate in this grey area where they like to bend the truth just enough that rallies the zealots to fight for their cause on social medias (trust me I have seen how they do it first hand)

How does any type of exclusivity make any sense when Sony isn't promoting any type of exclusivity?

These people who started this are straight up calling the devs themselves liars and Jez who started all this shit has been putting out word salads instead of standing behind what he said

Personally I don't care what these sights like IGN and DF says when they put out these murky statements of "something is in place" which could also very well be what I said the devs reached out to both Sony and Xbox they needed help and only Sony helped them so the devs set aside the game to get the Playstation port done

I don't remember the game but just a few days ago we had devs of another game saying they were ready to ship their game but Xbox wont even respond to them emails about getting certification done

Yeah, this is literally hearsay.

Paul Tassi / Richard says "oh I heard that too" from their "anymonyous source." No confirmable source to back it up. They could at least tell the name and designation of the person who made this official statement in Xbox.
They have a confirmed source, these articles are written only if that source has been checked and verified, that's how it works.

I will admit I haven't read these other articles so its a legit question

What re they saying the deal is?

Have they spelled anything out?
Thank you, someone who's actually open to discussion instead of posting abuse or GIFs.

So from each article we have Tassi who wrote "A source with specific knowledge of the situation has told me that contrary to previous reporting, and even departing from Game Science’s own statement, that the reason Black Myth: Wukong is not currently on Xbox is due to an exclusivity deal"

IGN wrote "a knowledgeable source has told IGN, corroborating reporting on Forbes as well as what IGN has heard elsewhere"

Leadbetter DF "News journalists with good track records have corroborated the Sony exclusivity angle (and to be clear, we've heard the same ourselves from sources with good knowledge of the situation)

Now that latest one from Rich clearly states they've heard the same from other sources irrespective of Tassi or indeed Jez ( but he's no journalist anyway). I don't know but you have to admit this keeps popping up and there's no smoke without fire as they say.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Thank you, someone who's actually open to discussion instead of posting abuse or GIFs.

So from each article we have Tassi who wrote "A source with specific knowledge of the situation has told me that contrary to previous reporting, and even departing from Game Science’s own statement, that the reason Black Myth: Wukong is not currently on Xbox is due to an exclusivity deal"

IGN wrote "a knowledgeable source has told IGN, corroborating reporting on Forbes as well as what IGN has heard elsewhere"

Leadbetter DF "News journalists with good track records have corroborated the Sony exclusivity angle (and to be clear, we've heard the same ourselves from sources with good knowledge of the situation)

Now that latest one from Rich clearly states they've heard the same from other sources irrespective of Tassi or indeed Jez ( but he's no journalist anyway). I don't know but you have to admit this keeps popping up and there's no smoke without fire as they say.
And what have they said since on twitter?Just out of curiosity.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

So all of this still could very well be what I said that the devs contacted Sony and Xbox they could use some help and only Sony offered help and the devs literally just set the Xbox version aside to finish the Playstation version?

Because I have seen those people say they don't think money was involved and clearly it wasn't about marketing because Sony hasn't done that yet

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
An article is not the same as a twitter post, an Editor and publisher are in control of what is published and should check the authenticity of the information printed.
That we can agree on, but have they done that?Since then you have to remember that they totally changed their tune ...So why believe the rumor of people backtracking ?

Top Bottom