• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

JoeBoy101

Kintaco said:
A few more avatars, I love some of these expressions. I can't wait for the game, I haven't been this hyped since RDR and I wasn't disappointed!

DgrnU.png

Surprised nobody is jumping over the smug John Noble pic. Seems like a perfect, 'Fuck Yea'.

dwebo

Chairhome said:
Saw this at Cheap Ass Gamer: Best buy is matching Toys R Us and adding a $15 gift card with online purchase. Plus a 500 RZ points ($10 gc after points clear) for pre-ordering (think you have to look for that deal on the myrewardzone site). Alternately, there's a free dlc case (Nicholson Electroplating Arson) for the first 16 people at Best Buy Midnight releases at select stores.
First mention of a post-launch dlc case? Or did they add yet another pre-order one?

Ugh, R* needs to get off their high horse and clarify some of this crap. Urge to just gamefly rising.

Teknoman

Chairhome said:
Saw this at Cheap Ass Gamer: Best buy is matching Toys R Us and adding a $15 gift card with online purchase. Plus a 500 RZ points ($10 gc after points clear) for pre-ordering (think you have to look for that deal on the myrewardzone site). Alternately, there's a free dlc case (Nicholson Electroplating Arson) for the first 16 people at Best Buy Midnight releases at select stores.

And Best Buy purchase confirmed. Worse case scenario, i'll just sell the game.

Fox Mulder

dwebo said:
First mention of a post-launch dlc case? Or did they add yet another pre-order one?

Ugh, R* needs to get off their high horse and clarify some of this crap. Urge to just gamefly rising.

it's a free code for the first dlc pack.

http://stores.bestbuy.com/135/event/solving-crime-starts-at-midnight/

The first 16 customers to buy L.A. Noire on X360 or PS3 at our MIDNIGHT OPENINGS will get a code to unlock the First DLC Pack, “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson Case, when it releases. (Minimum of 16 Xbox 360 and 16 PS3 codes per store.

Nightz

Chairhome said:
Awesome. I have a $10 gift card and $15 in RZ certificates I need to use. Looks like I'm gonna get it all back with this purchase!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
AgentChris said:
This retailer DLC bullshit needs to stop.

Marketing and sales departments love it and it's most likely only going to get worse.

Chesskid1

Banned
la noire copies have started hitting craigslist as well. wonder what markup people are gonna charge.

gameplay videos will probably start flooding in soon i imagine.

RisingZan

Neo Member
KaYotiX said:
Yeah he opens up the game box......WHOOOO!!! a disc!!

Actually kinda handy for the xbox folks who want to see how the 3 discs are packaged. Not that he actually opens the boxes in the linked video...

It's not surprising that copies are starting to appear. Major titles like this usually ship the week before to ensure that every place has it on the street date.

JoeBoy101

Quick question on the 360 3 discs issue: If you install the game, does it alleviate the need for disc swapping? I assume
hope
so.

Chesskid1

Banned
Zero-Crescent said:
It's not surprising that copies are starting to appear. Major titles like this usually ship the week before to ensure that every place has it on the street date.

yeah, normally i don't care either but something about rock star's secretcy always makes me very interested. i remember someone posted a 720p video of like the first 10 min of RDR a few days before release like 5min intro/5 min gameplay, it was damn glorious. i wanna see the first 10 min of LA then i'm out till i get my copy, heh.

Zep

Banned
Chesskid1 said:
la noire copies have started hitting craigslist as well. wonder what markup people are gonna charge.

gameplay videos will probably start flooding in soon i imagine.

Rockstar will probably take them down.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
JoeBoy101 said:
Quick question on the 360 3 discs issue: If you install the game, does it alleviate the need for disc swapping? I assume
hope
so.

I assume not, I mean it hasn't worked for any multi-disc games previously

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Zep said:
Rockstar will probably take them down.
They don't have the manpower to prevent every video. I look forward to seeing some gameplay.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
None of my local retail stores received it yet. I'll be calling tomorrow; hopefully they have it early.

JoeBoy101 said:
hope
so.

You still have to swap but you only swap for story progression. You won't have to go back to a previous disc for back tracking or anything like that, thankfully.

Fjordson

Chesskid1 said:
no map/poster looks like. :(
Fuuuck, I love those. Oh well. Looks like a nice and meaty manual, though. Is that Consul's Car case with all new copies then? Haven't heard that mentioned before.

Edit: Nevermind, guessing that might be the PS3 exclusive case.

RisingZan

Neo Member
Fjordson said:
Fuuuck, I love those. Oh well. Looks like a nice and meaty manual, though. Is that Consul's Car case with all new copies then? Haven't heard that mentioned before.

PS3 exclusive case.

Montresor

Wow... the unboxing video is already taken down. Rockstar really doesn't want us to know the game doesn't come with a map. =(

dwebo

Montresor said:
Wow... the unboxing video is already taken down. Rockstar really doesn't want us to know the game doesn't come with a map. =(
Hmm, wish I had bothered to take another screencap or two.

Other interesting tidbits were L2/R2 were the defaults for aim/shoot and you can hold down triangle to have your partner drive for you during missions, kinda like an always handy GTA4 taxi.

Montresor said:
lol.and that idiot put up the not-entertaining version... we all want to see the multi-disc case.

amorbis

Montresor said:
Does anyone else feel that the game play descriptions in the review don't match up with the glowing score?

Yes, it was one of those early praise-reviews. I could be wrong, but typically early reviews lean towards the positive to match with the hype. It seemed like he said the actual shooter gameplay was basically RDR.

I'm going to wait for that IGN review on Monday, and hopefully some other outlets too.

Top Bottom