• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

jackdoe

demolitio said:
I think I did too on Portal 2 while others have said they didn't get anything from their orders and it's in the terms and conditions. I guess they don't want people to abuse it and double dip on points but I don't get why it's inconsistent.

Maybe I'll go with it and see what happens. If not, I'll be extremely pissed since that will ruin my plan, lol.
Shoot off an e-mail and complain to customer service. They'll pretty much give you the points no problem in my experience.

Anyone know if there is going to be any making ofs or anything on the disc. Id love to watch some of those casting sessions and capture sessions.

demolitio

jackdoe said:
Shoot off an e-mail and complain to customer service. They'll pretty much give you the points no problem in my experience.
Thanks, I'll do that if I have to. No one will stop me from getting this game with a good deal!

I love these retailer wars. I wish this was around more a few years ago as it's pretty easy to get a good deal even at launch now. I was pissed when games went up to $60 but this war for the consumers has given us much cheaper games than that.

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
fuck, i dont know what to get... this or portal 2. will most likely get this
Both will be amazing experiences I'm sure, but I can tell you that Portal 2 was amazing although you'll get more playtime out of L.A. Noire. Portal 2 is $25 at Fry's if you have one nearby. Otherwise, wait for a good sale on it and then pick it up because it's definitely an experience you can't miss. As far as value, the game with the longest playtime would win in my book since they're both great games.

Pandemic

Scratch that, I'll just get it locally, but which store should I get it from!

One store has it at $100 and exclusive DLC which is..
''The Naked City'' Vice Case & The Badge Pursuit Challenge.

But at another store for $89 you get...
''Slip of the Tongue'' Traffic case.

Both DLC's sound interesting, price doesn't matter, just don't know which one to get. Any thoughts? If you are interested on a description on each DLC just ask :p

Aspiring

So any details yet if there're differences between the two versions? Have 360 version ordered but would change if there was some big graphical differences.

Woah... this game has certainly moved a long way in my absence today! I feel like I've missed so much!

Can anyone sum up what I may have missed over the course of the last eight pages? Have had a work off site day and haven't been at the computer, only just got back now. Seems some reviews have come in?

OH MY!

Gamings Citizen Kane??? WOWEE!

Just downloaded the first 15 minutes, about to watch it, might not watch the whole thing...

Giddy! Haven't really got any idea about how you play this game yet.

Can't believe it's still 7 days away here :O

Witcher 2 shall be my saving grace.

Edit - Oh No. My bandwidth on Photobucket for the screenshots is running low. 3GB left until it runs out and there will be no screenshots for the OP any more.

Do not stress, I will upgrade to a Pro account before that happens if need be.

Dries

Aspiring said:
So any details yet if there're differences between the two versions? Have 360 version ordered but would change if there was some big graphical differences.

Also would like to know this, but I don't think anyone can tell us this yet.

Dabanton

What is this 15mins thing? not the beginning of the game?

I learned my lesson from that when i watched the first 20 mins of RDR on youtube before release. Never again. I want to see it for the first time on my own console.

Also i'm surprised that the OP has nothing in it about spoilers this game is heavily story led the slightest spolier could ruin some nice twist and turns maybe have something in the OP so people can't say they weren't warned.

Radogol

Dabanton said:
What is this 15mins thing? not the beginning of the game?

First case, I think? There are a lot of tutorials but it doesn't look like the very beginning of the game, unless there's no opening credits or anything.

Aspiring said:

Ps3 is the lead so take from that what you will.

I just watched the 15 minute video.

I think this game just somehow managed to put itself above Witcher 2... how that could happen I don't even know? But I have this unbelievable urge to continue playing what I just saw... I am completely assured that this game is going to be unbelievably awesome now.

It's not really too much of a spoiler as well, just a good fairly nothing show of how the game works when it comes to gameplay, and it gives just enough of a peek to make you want it even more.

Dabanton, what do you think should be said in the OP? That Spoiler should be kept OUT of this thread? Keep the spoilers for the spoiler thread which will be opened upon launch? Don't know what you'd recommend? I can add something if it sounds suitable but I don't know what you mean exactly.

Dabanton

ColonialRaptor said:
Dabanton, what do you think should be said in the OP? That Spoiler should be kept OUT of this thread? Keep the spoilers for the spoiler thread which will be opened upon launch? Don't know what you'd recommend? I can add something if it sounds suitable but I don't know what you mean exactly.

Nothing big. Just a note or something about being careful about spoilers.

Even more important seeing as the US gets this game a few days before europe.

Radogol said:

Yes? You called?

rWOFM.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Tricky I Shadow said:
That has already been posted.

has it also been posted that this OXM UK Review is fake?

Sounds brilliant, right? Only problem... it's not real. Over to OXM editor Jon Hicks:

"It's a rather silly hoax. We haven't released an LA Noire review in any format, and we definitely wouldn't release one that mixed first and third person voices, drew extensive comparisons to games that aren't available on Xbox 360 or displayed a bizarre compulsion to repeat the name of the title as often as possible. That's just how we roll.

"Our review will be going live on OXM.co.uk early next week, and printed in our E3 special edition on-sale 10th June.

"Unfortunately Rockstar wasn't able to provide code in time for us to review it in our Mass Effect 3 issue - on sale this week - but we did receive it in plenty of time to do our review, and experience everything the game has to offer. It's a genuinely remarkable title, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it's received by players."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/301224/la-noire-review-from-oxm-is-yet-to-come-fake-exists/

Radogol

Tricky I Shadow said:
Yes? You called?

rWOFM.jpg

O, hai!

Sn4ke_911 said:
has it also been posted that this OXM UK Review is fake?

Wasn't it obvious from the beginning?

- It is a game!
- All the features mentioned in the previews are there.
- All the clunkiness observed in gameplay videos is there.
9,5/10

dingsbums

Neo Member
Lakitu said:
Watched the first 15 minutes, damn it looks so good. The wait just got much harder.

Mee, too. Really looks like my kind of game. I don't know if the vibration and music makes it too easy to find clues, otherwise I hope I don't get distracted looking for clues in every cup and trashcan I will see. :)

Radogol

dingsbums said:
I don't know if the vibration and music makes it too easy to find clues, otherwise I hope I don't get distracted looking for clues in every cup and trashcan I will see. :)

I believe it was confirmed you can turn off aural cues and vibration.

santi_yo

supermackem said:
Anyone know if there is going to be any making ofs or anything on the disc. Id love to watch some of those casting sessions and capture sessions.
Sure. I love watching videos of actors sitting in a chair and moving their faces for hours.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Dammit dammit dammit, I ordered last night on Amazon and got the free release date shipping but without realizing it Amazon for some reason used an address I havent shipped to in like 3 years and when I changed the shipping address to the correct one release day shipping wasnt an option anymore. Is it confirmed release day shipping is done or can I do some trickery and cancel my current order and preorder again and get it?

AEREC

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
fuck, i dont know what to get... this or portal 2. will most likely get this

I would say LA Noire as it's sure to get you more playtime. Portal 2 was great and all but unless you have a friend to go through coop with, it will be over pretty quickly as there is little point to replaying it unless you just like it's humor.

Top Bottom