• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Kintaco

Square Triangle said:
Rockstar has the best fucking packaging ever. I love them, we got our copies in and the covers are gorgeous with the lifted font in shiny foil. The Gamestop DLC is packed in the game btw for those thinking they were going to snag a code.
Is there any stickers showing it's a Gamestop exclusive? I was thinking of returning my Amazon copy to Gamestop and keeping the Gamestop copy with the DLC case :p

CyReN

JetBlackPanda said:
I know I havent.. that is kind of crazy

There's been footage, on the Xbox 360 dashboard you can download LA Noire gameplay footage. They use the Xbox 360 buttons and not the PS3.

LProtag

Proxy said:
So it looks like Amazon is no longer offering release date delivery for L.A. Noire. :\

Aw, man, I didn't notice.

I've been waiting though, still not sure if I'll get it, but if I do it'll be from Amazon as it's the best deal money wise for me.

CyReN said:
There's been footage, on the Xbox 360 dashboard you can download LA Noire gameplay footage. They use the Xbox 360 buttons and not the PS3.

Cool! I will check it out, R* sure has the craziest releases... embargos.. youtube bans.. etc

duckroll

Net_Wrecker said:
I'm so far past just wanting day/night cycles. I know RAM is an issue this gen, but next gen I FULLY expect real time seasonal cycles in open world games, specifically GTA. Playing it on release, then coming back to it 3/6/9 months later, or anywhere in between could provide some GREAT visual variety. the seasons/holidays in Bully for example MADE the atmosphere of that game.

Yeah those are all great ideas. I never played Bully, but that sort of design sounds appealing and should be in more games, especially RPGs.

Eric WK

If you click between either version it shows Release Date Delivery for the 360 version but not for the PS3 version.

graywolf323

I'm having an argument with Amazon's customer service now about why hasn't my order been upgraded to free release date delivery

it won't let me and I bought it when it was in my gold box so I'm not willing to cancel

guy I'm chatting with is trying to claim some BS about how you can't get it if it wasn't available when you placed your order

dwebo

Beelzeboss said:
Man I just went to check out on Amazon and all they'll give me is 2 day free now

damn it
I've ordered stuff without release day delivery before and prime two-day has always gotten it to me on release day anyway. YMMV obviously

Maybe they'll add it back - it's not even Friday yet on the west coast.

Proxy

Gary Whitta said:
Same here and I just canceled and re-did my order a few hours ago.

It's no longer listed on the page and the option wasn't available when I went to place my order. So it looks like I'm SOL.

LProtag

Maybe I should wait to see if it comes back? Mannnn. Why am I taking so long to decide if I want to order this or not?

Kintaco

Ugh! I could've sworn I pre-ordered the damn game a long time ago, but now I checked my account and there is nothing on there. Guess I'll be SOL on Release delivery as well!

jackdoe

Eric WK said:
If you click between either version it shows Release Date Delivery for the 360 version but not for the PS3 version.
Er... no. It shows both with release date delivery. In fact, I had release date delivery with Amazon until I cancelled and rolled with Best Buy because I could earn an additional $20 in GC.

-edit-
Well, Amazon.com is glitched up the wazoo. Haha. Now it doesn't have release date delivery for the PS3.

That melee combat in the 15 minute video looked pretty lackluster.

Oh well, that is far from what the game is about. Still, day 1.

ProtoCents said:

True.. fight scenes like in Heavy Rain could have worked well too I think..but it is more fun to actualy fight and not just do QTE

Kintaco

jackdoe said:
Er... no. It shows both with release date delivery. In fact, I had release date delivery with Amazon until I cancelled and rolled with Best Buy because I could earn an additional $20 in GC.

-edit-
Well, Amazon.com is glitched up the wazoo. Haha. Now it doesn't have release date delivery for the PS3.
This is what mine says:
gOnnL.png

TheHakku

ProtoCents said:
That melee combat in the 15 minute video looked pretty lackluster,
I don't think the "grapple" was explained well. Painful to watch as the player just hit triangle to start the grapple every time. Never played a WWE game, I see.

Makoto

ProtoCents said:

Not only did it look lackluster, it really just looked out of place. I was expecting a brawl and what we got was some civilized exchange of fists.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ugh, vibration helps you to see important stuff? i only have a sixaxis controller...

dwebo

Sn4ke_911 said:
Ugh, vibration helps you to see important stuff? i only have a sixaxis controller...
You can turn that off anyway, I think. Just pretend like you don't have access to the casual mode.

jackdoe

Sn4ke_911 said:
Haha. I'd have thought a guy with a nick of Snake would have upgraded to a DS3 when MGS4 came out. I did.

vidal said:
Not only did it look lackluster, it really just looked out of place. I was expecting a brawl and what we got was some civilized exchange of fists.

This is the 40s man this how it use to go down with a bit of civility in your brawls.

rdrr gnr

Fuck. I knew I should have put in my order. Is there any way of notifying Amazon about offering release day delivery again?

Original-Blue

Neo Member
ObnoxiousZebra said:
May 20th release in Australia? Why does Rockstar release stuff on Fridays. fffff
Its Friday is AUS? Oh fuck no.

Thank god ill have Witcher 2 on Monday or Tuesday actually so I don't really care.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
ProtoCents said:

Yeah the combat doesn't look that appealing from what I've seen, I'm hoping that most of the game is centered on the investigation element, and only occasionally throws in combat when it's necessary.

Kintaco

Oh well screw it, I guess I'll go with Best Buy then. $15 GC and $10 Reward coupon isn't too shabby. As for DLC I'll just be trading a shitty outfit for another.

Original-Blue

Neo Member
Is the first 15 minutes video still up?

Its not working on my iPhone, says "YouTube not available" so I'm hoping I can see it when I get home into wifi range...

MuseManMike said:
Fuck. I knew I should have put in my order. Is there any way of notifying Amazon about offering release day delivery again?
I've been talking to a bunch of people at amazon but they say when it's gone it's gone. I'm gonna keep at it though!

rdrr gnr

Original-Blue said:

Its not working on my iPhone, says "YouTube not available" so I'm hoping I can see it when I get home into wifi range...
R* ninjas got to it.

Beelzeboss said:
I've been talking to a bunch of people at amazon but they say when it's gone it's gone. I'm gonna keep at it though!
I was hoping for more reviews, but I pushed my luck I guess. w/e I never liked the no demo/no early review crap R* pulls.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Original-Blue said:

Nope. It's down.

jackdoe

Kintaco said:
Oh well screw it, I guess I'll go with Best Buy then. $15 GC and $10 Reward coupon isn't too shabby. As for DLC I'll just be trading a shitty outfit for another.
And you'll get the chance for free DLC if you are one of the first 16 people to pick it up at a midnight launch.

"Plus, while supplies last, each store will be giving away free Coke products, a download code for an in-game "Nicholson Electroplating" case, and more."

Kintaco

jackdoe said:
And you'll get the chance for free DLC if you are one of the first 16 people to pick it up at a midnight launch.

"Plus, while supplies last, each store will be giving away free Coke products, a download code for an in-game "Nicholson Electroplating" case, and more."
Oh yeah almost forgot about that as well, not a bad trade off.

Top Bottom