• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

hlhbk

TheOddOne said:

Why is it so hard for people to believe the PS3 version might be lacking compared to the 360 version when it has happened countless times in the past? Trust me I hope the PS3 version is superior so I don't have to switch my preorder.

TheOddOne

hlhbk said:
Why is it so hard for people to believe the PS3 version might be lacking compared to the 360 version when it has happened countless times in the past? Trust me I hope the PS3 version is superior so I don't have to switch my preorder.
From what we have seen both versions look good, maby one is a tad better then the other one but atleast its not abysmal then other well known ports.

rhino4evr

hlhbk said:
Because there hasn't been a proper comparison yet at all. Whatever your "sources" are they are most likely biased. Just be content with your pre order and call it a day.

hlhbk

TheOddOne said:
From what we have seen both versions look good, maby one is a tad better then the other one but atleast its not abysmal then other well known ports.

My point is I want to find out which one is definitively the best technically.

hlhbk said:
My point is I want to find out which one is definitively the best technically.

And you wont know that for fact till lens of truth and digital do there thing. People compairing dodgy screenshots and people on xbox live saying the xbox one is best arnt going to tell you shit.

statham

TheOddOne said:
both versions are going to look great, but for such a long game it comes down to loading and controller preference for me.

Ferrio said:
Really wanting to get interested in this game, then i see stuff like this and go "Fuck another GTA" Not fooling me again rockstar!

You can skip almost all of the GTA parts and go straight into the scenes that matter, more or less like Heavy Rain.

I seriously, seriously don't understand why people want to do this in these types of games. I can understand a bit for games like Just Cause or Saints Row and even the old GTAs on PS2 and PC, but these universes are so carefully constructed (even GTA4 was a bit with Nico apologizing when hitting pedestrians, also Red Dead) that this sociopathic behaviour feels enormously out of place.

graywolf323 said:
it's already been said multiple times that the PS3 was the lead platform

I must say though, just because it's the lead platform doesn't mean it will be technically superior.

However, I also must say that I really don't care about which version is technically superior. I own both consoles but I'm buying the PS3 version because I prefer the PS3 controller and I don't want to swap discs.

rhino4evr

StevePharma said:
You can skip almost all of the GTA parts and go straight into the scenes that matter, more or less like Heavy Rain.

I seriously, seriously don't understand why people want to do this in these types of games. I can understand a bit for games like Just Cause or Saints Row and even the old GTAs on PS2 and PC, but these universes are so carefully constructed (even GTA4 was a bit with Nico apologizing when hitting pedestrians, also Red Dead) that this sociopathic behaviour feels enormously out of place.
I agree...I didn't get a wanted level on purpose once while playing Red Dead or GTA4...it was just too annoying to get rid of the wanted level.

In Red Dead I actually thought the character seemed like a good guy looking for redemption from his past... not an outlaw.

ummo

Banned
Yes, you can act as belic in the game, but it will lead you into a mission retry screen, will not reward you with wanted stars or anything, the game leads you to behave and follow the missions properly, its a linear experience in an open world, i love the way it is.

Indeed, it's your decision and susbsequent actions that will turn this into another 'GTA'.

If you follow the story and maintain a manner close to the character you're supposed to be, meaningless destruction and killing shouldn't even be in your thoughts.

ummo said:
Yes, you can act as belic in the game, but it will lead you into a mission retry screen, will not reward you with wanted stars or anything, the game leads you to behave and follow the missions properly, its a linear experience in an open world, i love the way it is.

Don't see my comment as criticism or anything, I appreciate your upload for showing us what this kind of behaviour does in the game. :D

wetwired

Enduin said:
We'll heres a shit ton of 360 screens for you all. Looks great to me, theres at least a few there that could probably be directly compared to PS3 shots for those who care to.

*Screenshots*

Wow out of all the screenshots from that original link, I think those are the ugliest 3 :p

Loudninja

hlhbk said:
WOW! That is the first ps3 gameplay footage I have seen so far. The video's not the best quality but within the first 5 minutes my fears about the shadows and other items on the PS3 version have been alieved.

Thanks for the link!
Huh? dude PS3 footage is everywhere.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
wetwired said:
Wow out of all the screenshots from that original link, I think those are the ugliest 3 :p

Hahaha maybe, I just quickly chose three that had the 360 hud so people wouldnt just automatically say it was the PS3 version grabs without actually going to the link and seeing all of them, including ones with the 360 hud.

rhino4evr

Loudninja said:
Huh? dude PS3 footage is everywhere.
Seriously..pretty much all the stuff releasesd by the company has been from the PS3 version.

If the company is using that version to promote their product..do you really think it's the inferior one?

Common sense folks...

Montresor

What is so offensive about that video? How does it negate the fact that this game is a linear adventure game. How does it prove it's just more GTA? Sheesh.

Montresor said:
What is so offensive about that video? How does it negate the fact that this game is a linear adventure game. How does it prove it's just more GTA? Sheesh.

You can commandeer vehicles and make U turns with them, and the game doesn't penalize you for doing so.

OMG IT'S GTA

Evlar

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
You can commandeer vehicles and make U turns with them, and the game doesn't penalize you for doing so.

OMG IT'S GTA
Crap. I was hoping it would delete my save file every time I ran a red light.

megalowho

Cannot wait to play this, Rockstar has been killing it this generation. The police and detective gameplay elements look especially fun, haven't played a good detective game since the Tex Murphy series. More detective games, please.

Grinchy

Banned
Thanks for the gameplay videos. I'm quite interested in this game but haven't really bothered to check out gameplay vids (plus I hate spoilers).

I didn't expect to be able to hit pedestrians, I was just hoping that I could drive around like a lunatic when I wanted to. So that's good.

Aspiring said:
Fuck me that footage is awesome. I cannot wait for this it's killing me! And still 5 days left in Australia. Fuuuccckkkk!!!

Thank god Witcher 2 is out in a couple of days. But i want LA Noire more, it will make the wait more bearable though.

Can't wait until the reviews go up and the impressions start rolling in when it comes out in the states though - will give a good idea of what to expect.

Aspiring

ColonialRaptor said:
Thank god Witcher 2 is out in a couple of days. But i want LA Noire more, it will make the wait more bearable though.

Can't wait until the reviews go up and the impressions start rolling in when it comes out in the states though - will give a good idea of what to expect.

Only problem is that when the reviews are awesome and the amercans can't stop raving about the game and the thread is nothing but blacked out text, we than realize still 3 more days, can you imagine how hard that shit is going to be? The days will go so slow and aarggh I don't wanna think about it lol. Though at least you will be occupied. I have The Simpsons game and Silent Hill Homecoming on the way, they won't get here in time to fill the void. And I'm just too excited to finish off tales of vesperia, which has been Put on hold due to my excitement for this.

Aspiring said:
Only problem is that when the reviews are awesome and the amercans can't stop raving about the game and the thread is nothing but blacked out text, we than realize still 3 more days, can you imagine how hard that shit is going to be? The days will go so slow and aarggh I don't wanna think about it lol. Though at least you will be occupied. I have The Simpsons game and Silent Hill Homecoming on the way, they won't get here in time to fill the void. And I'm just too excited to finish off tales of vesperia, which has been Put on hold due to my excitement for this.

The last few days are always the most painfully hard.

Witcher is only 1 day away now and I've gone through all the classic stages of withdrawal and I'm finally up to acceptance lol. Been angry, frustrated, depresssed lol lol

Now gonna have to go through all that again with LA Noire :/ I hate that how happy I am is so easily influenced by games sometimes :/

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It will be hard for me not to be able to cause mayhem. That's my first instinct in any open world game full of civilians just waiting to be made road kill or blasted in the face.

I'll just have to focus all that energy on taking down the perps, I guess.

Footage looks nice, though.

Snuggler said:
It will be hard for me not to be able to cause mayhem. That's my first instinct in any open world game full of civilians just waiting to be made road kill or blasted in the face.
I'm the complete opposite.

I can't understand how people can play in this way, to me it totally destroys the immersion and removes any possibility that it's a real world I'm playing in.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Opus Angelorum said:
I'm the complete opposite.

I can't understand how people can play in this way, to me it totally destroys the immersion and removes any possibility that it's a real world I'm playing in.

I think it's a sign of deep seated sociopathic rage. It's like what I would do if I were dropped into a world with no real consequences for my actions.

it's kinda dark now that I think about it

Top Bottom