• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

statham

rhino4evr said:
If you are that comfortable with the 360 pad over the dual shock, just but it for 360. I doubt
The difference between the two games with be very great in the first place.
thats what I'm thinking, and installing the game on 360 will help with load times throughout the game.

ummo

Banned
NEOPARADIGM said:
Interested in hearing some B&W impressions.

Well, is not just a desaturation process, it turns the whole grayscale into a grainy and old film like image, pretty much as you can see in most of noir movies, totally playable and atmosphere booster.

Aspiring

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
That's good. At least it's not Tuesday morning or afternoon.

Yeah, should be enough time for people wanting a comparison to be done as well.

EDIT: I heard that from this very thread i think only a page or so back.

ummo said:
Well, is not just a desaturation process, it turns the whole grayscale into a grainy and old film like image, pretty much as you can see in most of noir movies, totally playable and atmosphere booster.

BADASS!!! Exactly what I was hoping for!

UrbanRats

ummo said:
Really glad to read this.
I was just wishing for a grain filter.

Aspiring

ummo said:

This is so amazing. Will have to do this on my second playthrough. The game is getting better by the second!

Fjordson

ummo said:
Oh fuck. Definitely going to have to play some with that on. So awesome.

K' Dash

From first 20 min of the 360 version:

*Looks beautiful
*Sounds Beautiful
*Load times are REALLY fast (Disct installed)
*I had to install only disc 1 to start the game
*Facial expressions are fucking amazing (duh!)
*Beautiful VA so far
*It has an option to turn the game black and white, for aded noir atmosphere

Any questions before I got to sleep?

NBtoaster

schennmu said:
Except they would be useless unless we have 360 shots from the same area in the same quality.

Comparisons of things like image quality and shadows don't necessarily need the same location. That's what I'm mainly interested in, not minor differences in specific areas.

statham

K' Dash said:

*Looks beautiful
*Sounds Beautiful
*Beautiful VA so far

awesome

Fjordson

K' Dash said:

*Looks beautiful
*Sounds Beautiful
*Beautiful VA so far

Do the on foot controls handle okay?

jackdoe

I'm not quite sure why people thought that you had to install all three discs to start up the 360 version of the game. Has that happened before with another multi-disc 360 game?

NBtoaster said:
Comparisons of things like image quality and shadows don't necessarily need the same location. That's what I'm mainly interested in, not minor differences in specific areas.

If you have great PS3 captures and shitty 360 ones, it's still useless. But maybe MazingerDUDE can help sooner or later...

TheOddOne

jackdoe said:
I'm not quite sure why people thought that you had to install all three discs to start up the 360 version of the game. Has that happened before with another multi-disc 360 game?
You don't have to install are the disks though, but people usually install all the disk to avoid doing it later on.

DrBo42

K' Dash said:

*Looks beautiful
*Sounds Beautiful
*Beautiful VA so far

Any pop-in issues while driving through the city? Compare to GTA IV.

jgminto

K' Dash said:

*Looks beautiful
*Sounds Beautiful
*Beautiful VA so far

How do the cars handle compared to GTA?

graywolf323

woohoo emailing customer service worked (sorta)

they upgraded me to 1 day shipping at no extra charge :)

edit: though oddly my estimated arrival date is Thursday :-/

statham

jackdoe said:
I like to install everything to cut down on load times.

ummo

Banned
The on foot controls feels better than gta and rdr yes but the cars feels kinda physicsless, noy having that heavy and light suspensions feel as gta.

Siren on, pedestrians and IA cars cleaning the way.
Chasing suspects, with some parkour skills, our char will dodge people, jump obstacles and climb stairs mostly automatically just running to the objetcs.

They should allow you to install all three discs on the Xbox 360 version and just leave one of the discs in to keep the game running... that would have been the perfect solution to the multiple disc issue / disc swapping problem for people who dislike that.

Wow @ thread title change haha. It's true but also I would say it's more "MOSTLY developed by Team Bondi, ASSISTED by Rockstar".

Are there any streams around at the moment that are actually up? Seems I missed them all during my slumber. Probably a good though though I guess.

The argument about which version looks better etc etc is so ridiculous, the comparison shots also just look like they have a different level of gamma / brightness... turn down the brightness on your TV and they'll look almost identical. I hate stuff like that, they're virtually going to look no different, so buy the PS3 version if you don't wanna change discs. I'm buying the PS3 version.

Why would I want to play the PS3 version with an Xbox 360 controller rather than a DS3?

I read over the pages that the clue alerts seem to give too much away? I imagine that's probably either a blessing or possibly a big negative. I will start the game with them on for a couple of cases and see how I feel about them giving too much away for me, however I will probably end up turning them off. I will spend SO MUCH time investigating each case because I want to ROLL OVER any witness I have with as much evidence as I have to destroy him. However, I'm not sure if I want to go slacker and do some things wrong just to see how they respond...

If you CAN still solve the case without getting any of the questions right and having the witness completely clam up and such then it'll be a little disappointing. Also, if you still get yelled at after completing a case perfectly - I'll also possibly dislike that.

I always hated it in games when you have a boss fight (say in an RPG for example) and you've made your character so strong that you fight and fight and you get the bosses health down to low and you're about to beat him and then it switches to a cut scene and your character is tired out and almost defeated... I hated that stuff.

Kagari said:
All the released footage has been of the PS3 version.

Not strictly true. The gameplay videos on XBLA use 360 footage. Surprised nobody's done a direct comparison with them and an HD feed of the PS3 stuff yet - the content is the same.

jgminto

ummo said:
The on foot controls feels better than gta and rdr yes but the cars feels kinda physicsless, noy having that heavy and light suspensions feel as gta.

Siren on, pedestrians and IA cars cleaning the way.
Chasing suspects, with some parkour skills, our char will dodge people, jump obstacles and climb stairs mostly automatically just running to the objetcs.
How does the warning shot work? I read that if you are chasing a criminal and fire a round in the air they will lie on the ground. Does this always happen?

ummo

Banned
Interrogation room scenes gives you the chance to just restart that scene if you miss the chance of acomplish it, fast pacing the experience instead of a whole mission restart.

ummo

Banned
jgminto said:
How does the warning shot work? I read that if you are chasing a criminal and fire a round in the air they will lie on the ground. Does this always happen?

Holding the aim over the running suspect will activate a clock rolling in-hud that you have to keep steady till reach full circle, then a cutscene appears with the suspect stopping by our air shooting move.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
ummo said:
Interrogation room scenes gives you the chance to just restart that scene if you miss the chance of acomplish it, fast pacing the experience instead of a whole mission restart.

Can you not keep moving on if you "fail" it? :\

ummo

Banned
Papercuts said:
Can you not keep moving on if you "fail" it? :\

Most of them, you can keep movi g on getting less xp points, but in others you have to yes or yes get the suspect declaration with endless loop til you get it.

graywolf323

Enduin said:
I wouldnt put much stock into it arriving on tuesday with 2 day cause I had 1 day shipping before and they were estimating it to arrive on the 19th and Amazon estimates have almost always been spot on for me.

well with 2-day shipping I did get Portal 2 on April 20th (managed to link my PSN and Steam accounts just before PSN went down)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
We'll heres a shit ton of 360 screens for you all. Looks great to me, theres at least a few there that could probably be directly compared to PS3 shots for those who care to.

http://bbs.a9vg.com/thread-1927139-1-1.html

snapshot20110514231428.jpg

snapshot20110514231206.jpg

snapshot20110514231501.jpg

hlhbk

Man the more I keep hearing from those who have the game online the more it sounds like the 360 version looks and plays better.

rhino4evr

hlhbk said:
Man the more I keep hearing from those who have the game online the more it sounds like the 360 version looks and plays better.
Oye vey with this shit

There has been nothing online that states one game plays or looks better then the other. Other then the typical console cheerleader nonsense.

The few folks that do have a copy of LA Noire..don't have a copy of both to even compare.

We have confirmation from the development team that the PS3 is the lead platform, I know this is hard for some of you folks to deal with, but really I'm sure the 360 version will be just as amazing.

Buy whatever version you want based on your own needs and shut up already.

cgcg

Enduin said:
We'll heres a shit ton of 360 screens for you all. Looks great to me, theres at least a few there that could probably be directly compared to PS3 shots for those who care to.

Must say these screens look blurry just like that direct feed comparison shot.

Top Bottom