• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

graywolf323 said:
two different people on two different days same result

I might try again but honestly 2 day shipping might get here on Tuesday as well as long as they get it out Monday

edit: actually I'll try sending an email now

Yeah, just reorder it and cancel the old one (if release day delivery is still there). If you had gift credit or whatnot, apply it after the canceling the other.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'll save myself the headache and just wait for the PC version.... ;_;

At least my 360 died so I don't have to worry about which version is better, plus I'll get an exclusive case (!!!) since my only option is the playstation.

jackdoe

Snuggler said:
I'll save myself the headache and just wait for the PC version.... ;_;

At least my 360 died so I don't have to worry about which version is better, plus I'll get an exclusive case (!!!) since my only option is the playstation.
Who knows... maybe Rockstar will surprise us all with a PC version. Hahahaha.

So in terms of civilian interaction, is this how it works?

Shoot a civilian in cold blood = restart from last checkpoint
Shoot a civilian during a shootout = some leniency
Drive at a pedestrian = them dive out of the way
Manage to run over a pedestrian = restart from last checkpoint

K' Dash

Tricky I Shadow said:
: O

You lucky bastard! How big is the install, and do you have to install all 3 discs?

I'm installing just disc 1 right now, I don't know yet, I'll try to start a game as soon as it finishes.

JetBlackPanda said:
Let us know how it runs!

Of course, I'll give some impressions and then get out of this thread, it's becoming a little spoiler heavy...

Truespeed

Tricky I Shadow said:
Is the controller worth it? Anything I should know before I buy?

I have the wired version and it's pretty good. Some have said the dead zone is a bit of an issue, but I haven't really noticed it so it could be subjective. The controller feels good and has a nice rubberized grip, a good d-pad and concave triggers.

Fjordson

endlessflood said:
So in terms of civilian interaction, is this how it works?

Shoot a civilian in cold blood = restart from last checkpoint
Shoot a civilian during a shootout = some leniency
Drive at a pedestrian = them dive out of the way
Manage to run over a pedestrian = restart from last checkpoint
Take this with a large grain of salt since I have no confirmation, but I've seen two people on different sites say that running over a pedestrian doesn't halt the game, you just get chewed out if you're with a partner. It also affects your rating for whatever case you're on.

Truespeed said:
Some have said the dead zone is a bit of an issue, but I haven't really noticed it so it could be subjective. The controller feels good and has a nice rubberized grip, a good d-pad and concave triggers.

I did some research and other people have mentioned a dead zone too......but I can't for the life of me figure out what the hell a dead zone is! Other than that is sounds great! I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Tricky I Shadow said:

I've had no issues with it (I have the wired one, though). Dead zone issues that some users may complain about is due to a bad batch. Just return it and get another one if that happens.

Truespeed

Tricky I Shadow said:
I did some research and other people have mentioned a dead zone too......but I can't for the life of me figure out what the hell a dead zone is! Other than that is sounds great! I'll be keeping an eye on it.

So, a dead zone is just the amount of movement your stick has without sending a signal. BTW, if you have a wired 360 controller you're probably better off just getting a 360 adapter to use on your PS3.

statham

Truespeed said:
So, a dead zone is just the amount of movement your stick has without sending a signal. BTW, if you have a wired 360 controller you're probably better off just getting a 360 adapter to use on your PS3.
i stupidly traded in all my wired controllers, is their a wireless adapter?

Aspiring said:
Yes im curious as to hw the 360 version looks. Please let us know!

There was a really good HD stream earlier, looked fantastic. If the PS3 version looks any better, I'd be surprised. 360 folks needn't worry about a thing except swapping discs.

/relatively uninformed opinion

BeeDog said:
DigitalFoundry, please add your face-off ASAP so we can stop some of the truly grating flipflopping, kthx.
Yeah, goddammit. I've got the PS3 version pre-ordered and paid off at Best Buy but if I need to switch I've only got 2 days.

rhino4evr

So glad that my hands and mind can grasp using different controllers. Unless your looking for a precise Dpad (dual shock)...then I am a little confused why someone one would actually buy another controller just to play this on another console. It's way excessive.

If you are that comfortable with the 360 pad over the dual shock, just but it for 360. I doubt
The difference between the two games with be very great in the first place.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
BeeDog said:
DigitalFoundry, please add your face-off ASAP so we can stop some of the truly grating flipflopping, kthx.

DF and Lens of Truth are way to slow these days for some reasons, I doubt that we will see anything from them till days after the release.

ummo

Banned
360 version runs great, just a few lipsync drops and a couple of frozen dialogues between in-game loadings but nothing too serious.
Encountering random side missions road to main objetive is a clever way to stay in the plot without sandbox the whole experience,
Once again, facial animatons are just amazing... Amazing, a quick look from distance gives the sensation of beeing watching a movie or some old chapter of a tv series, great job bondi.

CyReN

Tricky I Shadow said:

: O

You lucky bastard! How big is the install, and do you have to install all 3 discs?

Controller has terrible dead spots.

Top Bottom