• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Sethos

Banned
Thinking I should order the Cross Battle Adapter ( K.o Gear - Only version available to me ) so I can use my 360 controller on the PS3, get the PS3 version, then I can also get to play Socom 4 with a 360 controller - Would be all-around win.

mintylurb

Amir0x said:
The difference between the two technically is going to be quite small since PS3 was the lead platform; so you're really going to be deciding based on controller preference, achievement/trophy preference, the bonus case the PS3 has and the disc swapping issue.

You can quite intelligently make a decision based on this information right now.
Guys.. Ami is giving you guys a not so subtle hint to take this 360 vs ps3 gfx "discussion" elsewhere. Why not make a comparison thread instead of mucking up the official thread?

Sethos

Banned
mintylurb said:
Guys.. Ami is giving you guys a not so subtle hint to take this 360 vs ps3 gfx "discussion" elsewhere. Why not make a comparison thread instead of mucking up the official thread?

What's the point of an official thread if we have to take every single discussion to a separate thread?

BeeDog

Sethos said:
What's the point of an official thread if we have to take every single discussion to a separate thread?

Because the current discussion consists of nothing more than the same flipflopping for the last few pages, and basing comparisons on worthless material. Can't you people wait for a proper DF comparison?

Sethos

Banned
BeeDog said:
Because the current discussion consists of nothing more than the same flipflopping for the last few pages, and basing comparisons on worthless material. Can't you people wait for a proper DF comparison?

No because that's released after the game is out, by then it's pointless. Need to know it beforehand and just waiting for a player out there in gaming land to do the comparison for us, as it happens with most big titles.

DryvBy

Sethos said:
No because that's released after the game is out, by then it's pointless. Need to know it beforehand and just waiting for a player out there in gaming land to do the comparison for us, as it happens with most big titles.
Pointless. Because you can't buy the game after it's released, correct?

BeeDog

Sethos said:

From my point of view, if you were so set on getting the objectively best version, then you'd wait for a proper and thorough comparison instead of some random non-knowledgeable player performing one that may end up being incorrect. I'd suffer a day or two for an analysis, but maybe that's just me. Either way, this topic is cluttered by irrelevant posts and comparisons made from crappy streams and low-bitrate trailers.

Sethos

Banned
BeeDog said:
From my point of view, if you were so set on getting the objectively best version, then you'd wait for a proper and thorough comparison instead of some random non-knowledgeable player performing one that may end up being incorrect. I'd suffer a day or two for an analysis, but maybe that's just me. Either way, this topic is cluttered by irrelevant posts and comparisons made from crappy streams and low-bitrate trailers.

That's the point, I don't want an in-depth, extensive comparison - I just want a quick comparison between the two versions that isn't based off streams, trailers and old footage and that is more than doable by a private person and even well before launch. And I agree, those comparisons posted in the thread so far are retarded and pointless, what I've been saying the entire time and they serve no purpose - I have no intention of basing anything off that. Just waiting for that magical moment when some regular Joe finally gets his hands on both versions and does some head-2-head captures.

Happened with RDR and GTA IV pre-launch, also by regular guys, so I'm fully expecting the same here.

Doesn't matter now, I cancelled my 360 order and left my PS3 order, then I also got a Cross Battle Adapter - Then I just hope I made the right decision :)

rhino4evr

styl3s said:
butthurt much?

we all know the 360 version is going to come out the winner in terms of this ignorant and silly comparison, but the real winners are the people who just buy the fucking game and play it.

tired of people bitching
I wasn't bitching..but good job at proving my point.

Shurs

Lonewolf_92 said:
On the subject of DLC, anyone hoping to see some new desks added? Seems like it would make total sense for Robbery, Bunko (fraud), and Narcotics to be added to the lineup and they would give us more cerebral kind of cases to crack. In fact I'm kind of surprised Arson made it but not Robbery.

I thought I read in an interview that two desks were cut while in pre-production due to disc space issues. It wouldn't be unreasonable to speculate that they could eventually appear as DLC.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sethos said:
Okay, you're not going to get a really good comparison before hand because like 5 people have the game. Asking individual people with one version without capture equipment seems kind of pointless.

If what you're looking for is some youtube captures compared against bullshots, then by all means, you'll get that. But, like all Rockstar titles (and this is actually appropriate here), seems like info is going to be very controlled in getting out.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Does he beat the RE5 guy wasting magnum bullets on regular creatures? That is the current record.
Well, there is this female stupid Portal 2 player...

Although I haven't seen that RE5 stuff, I can guarantee you she is worse.

Sethos

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Okay, you're not going to get a really good comparison before hand because like 5 people have the game. Asking individual people with one version without capture equipment seems kind of pointless.

If what you're looking for is some youtube captures compared against bullshots, then by all means, you'll get that. But, like all Rockstar titles (and this is actually appropriate here), seems like info is going to be very controlled in getting out.

I'm asking people with capture equipment. Why is it such an alien thing for so many people? You guys do know this happens with every major release, someone does comparisons done with their capture cards and whatnot ( It's not that rare these days ) pre release.

And I've said in a million times in this thread that no, crappy stream to trailer, official screenshot to stream etc. comparisons are not what I want o_O

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sethos said:
I'm asking people with capture equipment. Why is it such an alien thing for so many people? You guys do know this happens with every major release, someone does comparisons done with their capture cards and whatnot ( It's not that rare these days ) pre release.
Do you really expect that information here so early?

Sethos

Banned
Y2Kev said:
And you're asking for that here?

I'm not. Don't start making something out of nothing.

There's plenty of forums out there besides NeoGaf and if there's any viable information it tends to end up here rather quickly, that's just what I'm hoping will happen if someone does a comparison. I have no once asked anyone to do the comparison, I said I hoped someone out there ( Meaning, on the internetz ) would do it before launch - It happens, every time and I'm just waiting anxiously for it to happen.

But as I ALSO said, it doesn't matter now as I already made up my mind.

hlhbk

Why is it so hard for people here to accept the fact that people want comparisons in time for launch? Before Ghostbusters released there were plenty of people saying it was inferior on PS3 and they were correct. It can be done before release.

I am all for someone creating a comparison thread. I would but I can't.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
hlhbk said:
Why is it so hard for people here to accept the fact that people want comparisons in time for launch? Before Ghostbusters released there were plenty of people saying it was inferior on PS3 and they were correct. It can be done before release.

I guess my problem with it is that people are bickering over which version is superior even though there simply isn't enough info out to make comparisons.

hlhbk said:

Its nice to want things.

Stampy

By watching some of the streams, I have to say that I am a bit disappointed with how they did the conversation/interrogation. Basically when choosing true/doubt/lie answer, the game tells you right away if you made a wrong decision (I don't like having only one right route in a conversation tree, and the game telling you right away that you have chosen a wrong answer). Furthermore, the focus on facial animation is too explicit when you have to decide whether suspects are lying or not. If they do some kind of weird eye twitch or unnatural chin movement then they are lying (if only life was this simple) and then you either doubt them or blame them (if you have more evidence). It has nothing to do with what they say, because what they say is completely ok in itself, but just because of their exaggerated face movement you have to accuse them for lying. And if you don't, the game automatically flashes you with messages that you made a wrong decision. weehhaaa for subtlety. Oh well, at leas noire setting is cool.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Stampy said:
By watching some of the streams, I have to say that I am a bit disappointed with how they did the conversation/interrogation. Basically when choosing true/doubt/lie answer, the game tells you right away if you made a wrong decision (I don't like having only one right route in a conversation tree, and the game telling you right away that you have chosen a wrong answer). Furthermore, the focus on facial animation is too explicit when you have to decide whether suspects are lying or not. If they do some kind of weird eye twitch or unnatural chin movement then they are lying (if only life was this simple) and then you either doubt them or blame them (if you have more evidence). It has nothing to do with what they say, because what they say is completely ok in itself, but just because of their exaggerated face movement you have to accuse them for lying. And if you don't, the game automatically flashes you with messages that you made a wrong decision. weehhaaa for subtlety. Oh well, at leas noire setting is cool.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27825879&postcount=27

bwahhhhh

Truant said:
Hopefully they'll do an x-files style desk as DLC this halloween.

... fuck, an entire "LA Noire: Area 51" X-Files-style DLC (like Undead Nightmare was for RDR) would be incredible. Now I'm just daydreaming.

As always, the comparison are valid for people with multiple consoles. I will always go with the superior version (e.g. Portal 2 PS3 or RDR 360) and couldn't care less about system wars.

In this case I REALLY hope for the PS3 version to be solid though, 3 discs are a joke at this day and age!

Sethos said:
Yes, so great we got to make it a separate thread, it didn't turn into a completely off-topic shit fest in a matter of minutes.
Well, it stayed on topic, at least, but the topic itself was shit.

Top Bottom