• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I was able to watch a friend play some opening cases today. I knew after watching the first case that this was a game for me. It's such a pleasure to make people pay for the crimes they commit, rather than as an employee of low-lifes who creates the crimes. I was surprised at how sensitive and responsive the cars seemed. They aren't a chore to drive around, and the camera actually stays in front of you when you turn, my biggest gripe of GTAIV.

I admit, there were a few times when I realized this is what I've always wanted out of a Batman: TAS game: the noir style, detective work, and interrogation.

Grisby

Mutagenic said:
I was able to watch a friend play some opening cases today. I knew after watching the first case that this was a game for me. It's such a pleasure to make people pay for the crimes they commit, rather than as an employee of low-lifes who creates the crimes. I was surprised at how sensitive and responsive the cars seemed. They aren't a chore to drive around, and the camera actually stays in front of you when you turn, my biggest gripe of GTAIV.

I admit, there were a few times when I realized this is what I've always wanted out of a Batman: TAS game: the noir style, detective work, and interrogation.

Like one poster suggested a while back you could take this formula and apply it to a Blade Runner style game. Of course, you could update the gameplay, etc.

iNvid02

have a pop up that shows whenever someone clicks this thread with the question
"who developed this game?". anyone who gets it wrong is locked out of the thread

Amir0x

Banned
this game is going to be so replayable as well because each time you're bound to make less mistakes and thus experience entirely new lines of questioning...

...god i can't wait

mokeyjoe

Amir0x said:
this game is going to be so replayable as well because each time you're bound to make less mistakes and thus experience entirely new lines of questioning...

...god i can't wait

Yeah, I've only ever replayed 3 games and two of them are Mass Effects, for exactly that reason.

It'd be cool to play through in a good cop/bad cop kind of way.

Peff

Amir0x said:

...god i can't wait

Apparently after every case you get a recap with some of the branching paths the case could have taken (like "you could have returned there at this point to find a witness") so yeah, looks like it'll be a meaty game.

Also there are separate settings to deactivate the rumble clues AND the way the music fades when all clues are found, which some of us were discussing several pages ago, so no need to mute the TV lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's with the Team Bondi thread title changes. Is this some sort of inside joke or is it actually developed by this team ive never heard of?

Radogol

enzo_gt said:
What's with the Team Bondi thread title changes. Is this some sort of inside joke or is it actually developed by this team ive never heard of?

Is this some kind of inside joke or have you actually never heard of Team Bondi?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
enzo_gt said:

The rock stars at Team Bondi deserve some credit

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Amir0x said:

...god i can't wait
During one optional case (while heading to another case), my friend died. Upon retrying, we noticed the brief cutscene in the case was presented with a different camera angle. I appreciate small touches like that.

Biggzy

I feel that after playing this game i will be sending epic games an email demanding that they turn that UE 4 tech demo into a Bladrunner game.

I don't get this whole "team bondi" controversy. People think Rockstar = GTA dev team. Red Dead Redemption wasn't made by the GTA team either it was made by a branch of Rockstar in San Diego. This game is made by a team in Australia but its still a rockstar game.

If the game is popular Rockstar will probably buy out Team Bondi and rename them Rockstar Australia.

Amir0x

Banned
Peff said:
Apparently after every case you get a recap with some of the branching paths the case could have taken (like "you could have returned there at this point to find a witness") so yeah, looks like it'll be a meaty game.

Also there are separate settings to deactivate the rumble clues AND the way the music fades when all clues are found, which some of us were discussing several pages ago, so no need to mute the TV lol.

oh goddamn that is CLASSY

If Team Bondi pulls this off they will be a developer to be reckoned with imo

Anticitizen One said:
I don't get this whole "team bondi" controversy. People think Rockstar = GTA dev team. Red Dead Redemption wasn't made by the GTA team either it was made by a branch of Rockstar in San Diego. This game is made by a team in Australia but its still a rockstar game.

If the game is popular Rockstar will probably buy out Team Bondi and rename them Rockstar Australia.

Team Bondi is not a "Rockstar Team." Rockstar SanDiego is literally a Rockstar team.

Team Bondi worked on this game for years before Rockstar even approached them. The vast majority of the development is done by them, a wholly independent developer. It's just inappropriate to credit Rockstar for something someone else did.

Anticitizen One said:

I think people are bringing up this in regards to the engine and how it might look/perform across different platforms. RDR and GTA were made by different studios but used the same engine. By all accounts LA Noire does not.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Amir0x said:
oh goddamn that is CLASSY

If Team Bondi pulls this off they will be a developer to be reckoned with imo
I would be greatly appreciative if we can get a screencap of the options menu. Please please please, anyone. :D

Amir0x said:
Team Bondi is not a "Rockstar Team." Rockstar SanDiego is literally a Rockstar team.

Team Bondi worked on this game for years before Rockstar even approached them. The vast majority of the development is done by them, a wholly independent developer. It's just inappropriate to credit Rockstar for something someone else did.

I get that but the game is being advertised very heavily as a Rockstar game even the game's title says "Rockstar Presents" and im sure they were involved in polishing the game to bring it up to the standards people have come to expect from GTA and Red Dead. Team Bondi probably asked for the focus on the Rockstar name to attract attention. Like I said, Rockstar will probably acquire them and then this point will be moot.

Shurs

Amir0x said:

...god i can't wait

Like Heavy Rain.

Trickster

vidal said:

I don't see how that is surprising, I had never heard of team bondi until today. Trying to find info about team bondi isn't exactly an easy task either, the only game they have to their name from what I can find, is L.A. Noire.

So unless I'm missing something, it's not at all surprising people have never heard of team bondi before, since they've never released a game.

ummo

Banned
Trickster said:
I don't see how that is surprising, I had never heard of team bondi until today. Trying to find info about team bondi isn't exactly an easy task either, the only game they have to their name from what I can find, is L.A. Noire.

So unless I'm missing something, it's not at all surprising people have never heard of team bondi before, since they've never released a game.

Search team soho

Peff

chubigans said:
I would be greatly appreciative if we can get a screencap of the options menu. Please please please, anyone. :D

Here you go. I'll edit with translations.

EDIT:

Game
-----Musical cues (whether or not the music fades after you find all clues)
-----Clue hints (rumble/flashes)
-----Skip action sequences
Controls
-----Invert Y Axis
-----Aiming assists
-----Sensitivity
Sound
-----Music
-----Effects
-----Dialogue
Subtitles
-----Derp
Display
-----Black & White mode
-----Brightness
Camera
-----Automatic
-----Movement (not sure what these do)

Trickster

ummo said:
Search team soho

I know the founder of team bondi was the director on the getaway. A game that from what I remember was very hyped, but didn't quite live up to the hype.

And that was 9 years ago :|

So people are bassically getting annoyed that other people don't know about a developer that was founded in 2003, by the director of an overhyped game, and haven't released a single game since then. Just seems silly to me.

Not trying to take anything away from this game though, it looks amazing.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Anticitizen One said:
I get that but the game is being advertised very heavily as a Rockstar game even the game's title says "Rockstar Presents"
Other publishers have done this as well, yet it didn't prevent other devs from not getting proper recognition apart from their pubs.

Makoto

Trickster said:
I don't see how that is surprising
No, it's very surprising. Very surprising. I could understand calling it a Rockstar game despite knowing that Team Bondi made it, but not hearing of Team Bondi until now? Here, on GAF? Very surprising.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Oh god. One of the achievements is beating every case with a 5-star rating(80pts). Yea, I'm hoping there is a good incentive to replay, because already my OCD tendencies are contemplating how I am going to tackle this on a first run.

Einbroch

Banned
Mutagenic said:
R1 shoots, R2 runs.
They should be mapped to the same button like the 360 version is.

I hate R2. :(

Brandon F said:
Oh god. One of the achievements is beating every case with a 5-star rating(80pts). Yea, I'm hoping there is a good incentive to replay, because already my OCD tendencies are contemplating how I am going to tackle this on a first run.

I implore you, PLEASE don't use any guide or anything when completing the game. Just play it using your best intuition and do your best. Miss a question? It's okay. It'll make it that much better when you go back and replay it later.

Top Bottom