• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

seat

DrBo42 said:
Thank you for the link. Wish the guy wasn't doing any commentary, such an annoying chode.
I can't watch any more than twenty minutes because of his meaningless and annoying commentary. Game looks fantastic, though.

rdrr gnr

DevelopmentArrested said:
If GTA4's story was oscar-worthy to Hilary, i wonder how LA Noire will be.
Did he really say that? Geeze. I assume divine prophecy and scripture that ought to be worshiped in comparison.

But that's just me.

Nice. I'm still holding on to the notion that the PS3 version should at least be AS good if not better than the 360, since it was indeed the lead platform. Plus I happen to like trophies better than achievements. ;) It's all about dat plat.

Evlar said:
I don't think I've ever seen people fight over who developed a game before, either on or off GAF. Bizarre.

It seems like in their minds if Rockstar wasn't the one who made it then it's not going to be Rockstar Quality or something.... I don't get it either.

I really don't think it's that big of a deal, I'd rather not have the title of my thread changed either :p

Evlar said:
I don't think I've ever seen people fight over who developed a game before, either on or off GAF. Bizarre.

Not fighting, just spreading knowledge!

Watched that 40 min gameplay, holy fuck I'm excited for this...

Got to play this at a friends last night on 360 - have to say the game world holds up really well. System performance was fine, I I've a couple of gripes with gameplay but I don't wanna spoil anything for those yet to play.

Skirn

Shit, that 40 minute gameplay footage looked amazing. What a perfect way to start the day with, or not, 'cause now I'm super-hyped. Friday's european release feels like a long way away... god-damnit.

dreamfall

so close, and still losing sleep. Needless to say, I'll be outside my local Gamestop for that midnight launch. I don't recall being this excited about a game since Vice City!

Aspiring

Oh shit embargos almost over. Gonna be awesome. Watched some of that 40 minutes, and had to turn it off. Didnt want to ruin the game but man, did it look amazing. Still 4 more days. Shits going to be torture!

Aspiring said:
Oh shit embargos almost over. Gonna be awesome. Watched some of that 40 minutes, and had to turn it off. Didnt want to ruin the game but man, did it look amazing. Still 4 more days. Shits going to be torture!

Four more days? Doesn't it come out on tuesday?

Lakitu

st5fu
4 more days here as well. With any luck Game will have pity and send it earlier, but I shall be busy with New Vegas DLC anyway.

LEGGZZZZ

Holy Fuck at those first 45 minutes. This game looks amazing, the tech is awesome, and the writing is top notch work. What I like most is the variety in gameplay, something I'm sure probably leans more towards Team Bondi's work than Rockstar's going off of history. I thought GTA4 and RDR were extremely overrated, but LA Noire looks to be pushing boundaries and I'm sold. Hype has Sky Rocketed. Come on Tuesday.

Alf-Life

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/la-noire

Guardian
May 12, 2011
100 Ever since it first worked out how to assemble pixels so that they resembled something more recognisable than aliens, the games industry has dreamed of creating one thing above all else – a game that is indistinguishable from a film, except that you can control the lead character. With LA Noire, it just might, finally, have found the embodiment of that particular holy grail.

Removed: Embargoed game review

:lol:

"May the cat eat him and may the cat be eaten by the devil."

The thread title is a but a small annoyance, re-naming it "LA NOIRE etc" would have been diplomatic. I have my own idea as to why the dev team was mentioned at all, but i'll leave that can of worms for someone else to open.

Alf-Life said:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/la-noire

Guardian
May 12, 2011
100 Ever since it first worked out how to assemble pixels so that they resembled something more recognisable than aliens, the games industry has dreamed of creating one thing above all else – a game that is indistinguishable from a film, except that you can control the lead character. With LA Noire, it just might, finally, have found the embodiment of that particular holy grail.

Removed: Embargoed game review

:lol:
I watched the 40 minute preview and could believe that to be true..
Your handle is redundant.

Aspiring

Oh fuck yes! EB Games in Australia have now announced the LA Noire will be released on the 19th, not the 20th. I know its only one day, but still thats one less day of waiting. Fuck yeah!!!

Jarmel

Banned
Alucrid said:
The facial animations kinda creep me out. Uncanny valley I guess?

Exactly what my thoughts are as well. I can see the attention to detail but still kinda freaks me out.

Also I noticed that movement is as clunky as it is in GTA IV which I am disappointed in.

Also is there some sort of overarching story? I heard there really wasn't.

One can only imagine how a sequel to this would look like on the next Xbox/PS3.

Jarmel said:
Also is there some sort of overarching story? I heard there really wasn't.

Other than the characters developing, not really. Each case seems to be within it's own constraint.

Jarmel

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:

Other than the characters developing, not really. Each case seems to be within it's own constraint.

I would also love to see what Bondi would do with more graphical horsepower and that's kinda my complaint with the game as it is. In that's it's good now (graphics-wise) but has so much more potential than what Bondi can do with the Xbox and PS3. UE4 with this facial capturing software would be insane.

Yea that's my fear. It just seems to be a bunch of side missions tied together by a core cast of characters.

Jarmel said:
Yea that's my fear. It just seems to be a bunch of side missions tied together by a core cast of characters.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that at all. At least that way they could add a bunch of missions via DLC and they wouldn't have to worry about it working with an overarching story. But it looks like there is some sort of main story to the game.

Jarmel

Banned
LyleLanley said:
Honestly, I wouldn't mind that at all. At least that way they could add a bunch of missions via DLC and they wouldn't have to worry about it working with an overarching story. But it looks like there is some sort of main story to the game.

I just want something tying everything together like there being some sort of criminal mastermind that is behind the crime wave.

Aspiring said:
Oh fuck yes! EB Games in Australia have now announced the LA Noire will be released on the 19th, not the 20th. I know its only one day, but still thats one less day of waiting. Fuck yeah!!!

Fookin w00t!!

Fjordson

Opus Angelorum said:

Actually, there is an overarching plot. Bondi's been pretty cagey about it as to not spoil anything, but it involves a serial killer if I recall correctly. They've also said that there's a lot to find out about Cole. Much more than just "hero cop rising through the ranks".

Jarmel

Banned
Fjordson said:
Actually, there is an overarching plot. Bondi's been pretty cagey about it as to not spoil anything, but it involves a serial killer if I recall correctly. They've also said that there's alot to find out about Cole other than just "hero cop rising through the ranks".

Great. That's excellent news. I was really worried about that as everything I heard from Bondi pointed to each case being isolated.

Tr4nce

Wow, the menu looks really great! Just wow. So much atmosphere. I don't care for menu's a lot, but when it's done this way, it's very nice. The music was bliss.

Anyway, can't wait until Friday, here in the Netherlands!

Also, for people who have played the game already, does it feel satisfying when solving cases? I mean, is it really hard at times to solve a case? Do you REALLY have to think, and draw conclusions, tie loose ends together, etc. etc.? Or is it all really easy?

please stop the whole Bondi or R* stuff. This thread isn't going to get any better like this.

Top Bottom