• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

I know the embargo lifts tomorrow, but is it tonight at midnight or is it later during the day tomorrow?

I don't think I've been more curious to see the reviews about a game than this one. Really looking forward to seeing what reception this gets.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I know the embargo lifts tomorrow, but is it tonight at midnight or is it later during the day tomorrow?

I don't think I've been more curious to see the reviews about a game than this one. Really looking forward to seeing what reception this gets.
Tomorrow at 12 PM EST. So 13.5 hours from now.

rdrr gnr

The Broken Ska Record said:
I haven't been following this game, but is there an over-arching plot? Or are there several distinct cases?
I would like to know this as well. Isn't one of the big cases regarding the
Black Dahlia
killings?

Edit: Answered.

nib95

Banned
Ok, so this thread went to shit and back lol. Can anyone draw a list of current reviews? Curious to know how it's doing so far.

Funtruck

Banned
Argh, I still can't decide on 360 or PS3...

I prefer the 360's controller but 3 freaking discs and it might run better on PS3..

Shed_a_Ninja said:
People are pissed off that it is Team Bondi developing L.A. Noire because now they can't use that as an excuse as to why the Xbox 360 version is better.

Right?

I haven't been following, is the PS3 version shit or something?

TouchMyBox said:
I haven't been following, is the PS3 version shit or something?

Nah, this game has just brought out the usual drama queens...nothing has been shown so far which suggests the ps3 version is inferior...they should be pretty much identical. Has been mentioned that 360 version has some minor slowdown, so interesting to see if this present or absent on ps3

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Predicting reviews: High 9s across Metacritic.

I personally think it's going to be a high 8 to a light 9.

cnizzle06

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
Nah, this game has just brought out the usual drama queens...nothing has been shown so far which suggests the ps3 version is inferior...they should be pretty much identical. Has been mentioned that 360 version has some minor slowdown, so interesting to see if this present or absent on ps3

Wat.

Most of the official walk-throughs were from the PS3 version.

Montresor

I went to the flea market today hoping they'd have LA Noire early. No luck.

I'm gonna have to pick it up at Gamestop Tuesday. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I remember the good old days when all these local retailers around the neighborhood would get games 2or even 3 days early. Now the earliest you can get a game is on a Monday. Oh well, LA Noire is worth the wait.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It's kind of strange that they have elements like number of stars for finishing the mission, XP points tied to them, 'intuition points' that you can use up to reveal clues on the scene etc. I would think they'd try to avoid such an obvious game-like elements as they strive towards real world realism.

As for the great "Team Bondi" debate, I can't help but shake my head and smile a bit when I see their name in the title. I know it's there to dispel the confusion, but on the other hand it also seems like it's there because their name is alone is going to instill confidence in people - which to me was funny considering they delivered stinker after stinker with their previous games. If anything, if the game had lots of involvement from Rockstar, people should feel good about it.

Square Triangle said:
After watching the stream. The game kind of looks like shit with how awesome the faces are. Like the bodies look like props.. =/
I don't think anyone will buy LA Noire for the graphics.
The facial animation, story, character interactions and detective investigations are what I'm looking forward to.

Plasmid

Dr Eggman said:
I remember the good old days when all these local retailers around the neighborhood would get games 2or even 3 days early. Now the earliest you can get a game is on a Monday. Oh well, LA Noire is worth the wait.

At least you have local retailers, we have chains here (gamestop, walmart etc).

Shurs

DevelopmentArrested said:
Gameinformer Australia. How could I forget.

I'm dubious about that report as it was from Game Thirst, the new US Game Informer just came out without an LA Noire Review and the supposed pull-quote is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Plasmid said:
At least you have local retailers, we have chains here (gamestop, walmart etc).
I live in New York so I'm grateful for that.
There's always that trick where you sneak out a copy from a Walmart after asking a very unexperienced or dumb employee to purchase it. Those chances are very slim though, especially for blockbuster releases like Noire.

vehn

Outtrigger888 said:
Wait the ps3 version gets an exclusive case? I should have done my homework before pre ordering. Will it be DLC for 360? I want all the content.

If you want all the content, then get the ps3

I'm really tempted to pick this up tomorrow, but I have the strangest feeling that it's going to be one giant hand-holding scenario. And that shit I just don't support. Maybe a good old-fashioned rental is the way to go.

Dr Eggman said:
I live in New York so I'm grateful for that.
There's always that trick where you sneak out a copy from a Walmart after asking a very unexperienced or dumb employee to purchase it. Those chances are very slim though, especially for blockbuster releases like Noire.

Walmarts computers restrict them from selling games early. I forgot what game I was trying to buy early but somthing came out dont sell before blah blah blah

vehn said:
If you want all the content, then get the ps3

I prefer 360, achievements have given me the motive to 100% Bully and RDR. Im sure they will do the same for this game. I usually dont go back to ps3 games apon completion besides uncharted 1 and 2.

The Lamp

Outtrigger888 said:
Wait the ps3 version gets an exclusive case? I should have done my homework before pre ordering. Will it be DLC for 360? I want all the content.

Exclusive content for PS3 games I don't think has EVER gone to the 360.

Lord Error said:
It's kind of strange that they have elements like number of stars for finishing the mission, XP points tied to them, 'intuition points' that you can use up to reveal clues on the scene etc. I would think they'd try to avoid such an obvious game-like elements as they strive towards real world realism.

As for the great "Team Bondi" debate, I can't help but shake my head and smile a bit when I see their name in the title. I know it's there to dispel the confusion, but on the other hand it also seems like it's there because their name is alone is going to instill confidence in people - which to me was funny considering they delivered stinker after stinker with their previous games. If anything, if the game had lots of involvement from Rockstar, people should feel good about it.

I personally had more fun with the first getaway than any of the GTA games...I suppose part of that was the novelty of hitting up places I was familiar with...that mission in the crack house with the jungle music playing was awesomely atmospheric though. Really, the original Getaway was pretty far from a bad game.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Solo said:
I'm so happy Rockstar conceived and created this game. No one else could have done it.

R*, fuck yea!

haha, this had me laughing pretty hard.

not sure why people confuse it and not sure why people get so pissed when they confuse it.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Outtrigger888 said:
Walmarts computers restrict them from selling games early. I forgot what game I was trying to buy early but somthing came out dont sell before blah blah blah
What a bunch of party poopers.

Zomba13

Decided to preorder the PS3 version of this because of no disc swapping. This was completely off my radar until a few days ago. Seems like I should like it with me loving crime drama and cop shows and loving the noire style.
Really looking forward to it now for some reason.

Outtrigger888 said:

Nobody knows right now AFAIK, but I would bet that it WILL come to 360, probably as paid DLC sometime after launch.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Gary Whitta said:
I still don't know which pre-order to cancel! I am going to wind up with both versions :D

you said you prefer the 360 controller, yeah? just go with that version then. the versions will probably be close enough that it should come down to console preference.

Top Bottom