• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Interfectum

So if the case conclusion doesn't change no matter how good or bad you do, does it effect your character's overall story/progression? How does that work?

Tr4nce said:
Fuck this thread. It has gone to shit. I feel very sorry for you, OP!

I know right... I'm hardly even feel like posting.

Guys... fucking WHO CARES exactly who developed what.

It was a joint effort by Team Bondi and Rockstar with a majority of the development done by Bondi. This is pure FACT.

Lets LEAVE IT AT THAT. END OF DISCUSSION. Now, lets go back to hyping the shit outta this awesome game!

Review embargo ends while I will be sleeping, and our USA friends will have the game while I'm sleeping also... I will be disappointed if GAF doesn't give me 20 pages over night!!!

YOU CAN DO IT GAF!!

jgminto

I trust Game Informer Australia. They're quite professional. The write-up/interview from the last issue was quite good so I'm looking forward to reading it.

JoeBoy101

Opus Angelorum said:
Was this posted?

Game Informer Magazine (Australia)

Review :

9.5/10

You will pay for the whole seat, but you will only be using the edge of it!

PLEASE tell me that didn't write that drivel in the review? I want to punch someone over that line.

Tr4nce

ColonialRaptor said:
Lets LEAVE IT AT THAT. END OF DISCUSSION. Now, lets go back to hyping the shit outta this awesome game!

I'm with ya man!

Ok, I'll try again, since it was the last post on the previous page:

For people who have played the game already, does it feel satisfying when solving cases? I mean, is it really hard at times to solve a case? Do you REALLY have to think, and draw conclusions, tie loose ends together, etc. etc.? Or is it all really easy?

Interfectum said:
Is there any incentive / reward to do good on a case? Like achievement wise, character upgrade wise, etc?

I don't believe there is.

There are
six
achievements that link directly how well you have performed evidence gathering and interrogation.

Shurs said:
It's still a terrible line, regardless of the context. So terrible, in fact, that when I heard it, I thought someone had made it up.

After hearing that GTAIV was Oscar worthy, nothing sounds as bad.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Interfectum said:
Is there any incentive / reward to do good on a case? Like achievement wise, character upgrade wise, etc?

Someone a good few pages back(I would link it if we still had the old search function that worked) with the game said that you can get through cases by totally screwing up but you will potentially if not likely miss a lot of stuff, he said an entire swath of info about a particular character completely changing his perspective on him opened up due to correctly conducting an investigation and interrogation that was no present when the case was fumbled. So yes there outside of getting intuition points and fancy 4 star ranking.

Interfectum

Opus Angelorum said:
I don't believe there is.

There are
six
achievements that link directly how well you have performed evidence gathering and interrogation.

Weird, I could've sworn I read that you would get promoted based on how well you solved the case or something. Maybe I'm thinking of a different game...

Shurs said:
It's still a terrible line, regardless of the context. So terrible, in fact, that when I heard it, I thought someone had made it up.

It's just a jokey reference to a popular tag-line from some old coming attractions. To be fair it was used more for low-budget horror movies rather than noir films, but it's not like the editor made up the line for this review.

rhino4evr

JohngPR said:
I think it's ironic that you got a ship notice for renting it before I got a ship notice from Amazon for buying it. :p
Yeah Gamefly rules. I havent purchased a game in almost two years..and Ive played nothing but AAA games the week of release.

It's amazing to me why more folks don't use it.
Last game I rented was Portal 2.

Shurs

Joe Shlabotnik said:
It's just a jokey reference to a popular tag-line from some old coming attractions. To be fair it was used more for low-budget horror movies rather than noir films, but it's not like the editor made up the line for this review.

Right. It's used in America to promote Monster Truck shows.

timmy01

Neo Member
it's a little after the game comes out, but this Thursday for those interested, TCM has a few film noir flicks coming up:

The Big Sleep
His Kind of Woman
The Killers
Where Danger Lives
Crime in the Streets
Side Street

obviously the de facto one here is The Big Sleep (Bogey as Philip Marlowe), but the rest I can either vouch for or say they look pretty solid. Granted you SHOULD be playing LA Noire instead, but definitely worth setting the DVR for.

JohngPR said:
I think it's ironic that you got a ship notice for renting it before I got a ship notice from Amazon for buying it. :p
if you got release date delivery, in most cases you won't get the shipping email from amazon until tonight. I usually get mine after business hours. They typically send all release date delivery orders by NBD PM.

rhino4evr said:
Yeah Gamefly rules. I havent purchased a game in almost two years..and Ive played nothing but AAA games the week of release.

I don't use it because I love having a collection of games. Plus, I don't really have enough time to play games that I wouldn't mind buying.

JohngPR

rhino4evr said:

I use it, but more as a service for games that I want to play but don't necessarily want to buy. Works great that way too. :)

Interfectum said:
Weird, I could've sworn I read that you would get promoted based on how well you solved the case or something.

I believe you receive your rank and intuition points are based on your performance, but they offer nothing outside of the interrogations (from what I've read).

Sethos

Banned
mt1200 said:
Any graphical comparissons with screenshots yet?.

None yet. Only the same rubbish where people on purpose make one console look worse by using capture of bad streams vs direct captures and put them up next to trailer footage etc. beyond useless.

rhino4evr

The_Darkest_Red said:
I don't use it because I love having a collection of games. Plus, I don't really have enough time to play games that I wouldn't mind buying.
Yeah I hear yeah...my priorities have changed a bit since having a daughter...so I don't game as much. No real reason to collect games anymore. If I want to replay something, I can always just rent it again. I like to think of it like a library of sorts. It's worked great for my needs.

Anyway..can't wait. Really excited to see if this lives up to all the hype

panda21

is there any news on which platform is best? i don't really mind about the 3 discs thing but I seem to remember RDR looked quite a lot better on 360?

Solo

Shiloa said:
Is there some joke I'm not getting here? :\

Some people got very uppity over people saying Rockstar instead of Team Bondi, to the point that it shitted up the thread and got on a lot of people's nerves, mine included. As such, I'm knowningly incorrectly referring to the game as a wholly Rockstar game just to spite them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
panda21 said:
is there any news on which platform is best? i don't really mind about the 3 discs thing but I seem to remember RDR looked quite a lot better on 360?

Not yet. All we know is that the PS3 is the lead platform and the game doesn't use RAGE, so basing expectations of the quality of the PS3 version on GTAIV and/or RDR isn't advised.

panda21 said:

zVRwD.gif

Kosma

Banned
panda21 said:

Nah nobody here seemed interested in discussing this. Good idea to bring it up...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
panda21 said:

Seriously? 360 can only do 512 colors on screen at once while the PS3 can do 4096. No comparison. Though 360 sprite size can be bigger... excellent point.

timmy01

Neo Member
panda21 said:
for anyone else with this question.. all you need to know is:

PS3 has an exclusive case (likely not to be released for 360)
PS3 is only one disc, not 3
Game was developed with PS3 as lead platform
Game does not use the same engine as GTAIV and RDR (RAGE)

Bottom line is if you own both systems, the best bet for pre-order at this point is PS3.. Even if the 360 comes out "a little" better, you are STILL better off with PS3 IMHO. The PS3 version, aka lead version, would have to be noticeably worse than the 360 (aka the port) for it to make sense to go with the 360.

I mean it's your call... but if performance remains relatively equal, there is nothing in favor of the PS3... well, I suppose unless you truly hate the DS3 enough to forego a single disc and extra case.

hlhbk

panda21 said:

The PS3 was the lead platform for developement, and based on the gameplay vids that were floating around this weekend it appears that the PS3 has a slight edge technically.

panda21

wow ok.. i wasn't trying to start a console war. often there is one platform that is objectively better looking/performing than the other. RDR was still fine on the ps3, but since I have both consoles now I might as well find out and get the better one.

Astery

Sorry to bump in, is there a PC version confirmed coming? I've always thought there's gonna be a PC version as well, but the OP stated otherwise. If there ain't one, I'll gladly get the ps3 version.

Top Bottom