• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Game Analyst said:
I added it in January and it says low availability. =[
Lol it doesn't matter when you added it. All that matters is whether it's in the top slot or not.
Therefore, to ensure that you'll be getting the game ASAP, clear your queue the weekend prior to release and leave the game on the top slot. It should ship by Monday.

Anyway, I have jury duty beginning today. :( currently waiting on being called right now... Hope I don't get picked - there's two GOTY contenders coming out tomorrow and I need time to play them! :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Astery said:
Sorry to bump in, is there a PC version confirmed coming? I've always thought there's gonna be a PC version as well, but the OP stated otherwise. If there ain't one, I'll gladly get the ps3 version.

Nope, not that we know of.

glaurung

Astery said:
Sorry to bump in, is there a PC version confirmed coming? I've always thought there's gonna be a PC version as well, but the OP stated otherwise. If there ain't one, I'll gladly get the ps3 version.
At this moment, there is little chance that a PC version will be made.

Whereas Rockstar/Bondi have not clearly stated that they have no plans for a PC version, they have commented upon the difficulty of doing so.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
JAVK said:
FHBcL.png

Sorry, Im bored waiting for reviews to hit

Thanks for spoiler tagging that!

Chaplain

Revolutionary said:
Lol it doesn't matter when you added it. All that matters is whether it's in the top slot or not.
Therefore, to ensure that you'll be getting the game ASAP, clear your queue the weekend prior to release and leave the game on the top slot. It should ship by Monday.

I know all the tricks but they didn't work. LA Noire is at the top of my Que and I have had no games out for over a week (I have the two game at a time plan). Gamefly customer service told me that the game ships to the person who had it the longest in their Que. But that didn't work this time.

Struct09

Anxious to read some reviews today. I pre-ordered the PS3 version from Amazon with the faith that the game is going to be great (plus I got it for $15 after all the credit I have on my account)

timmy01

Neo Member
for the new page

timmy01 said:
it's a little after the game comes out, but this Thursday for those interested, TCM has a few film noir flicks coming up:

The Big Sleep
His Kind of Woman
The Killers
Where Danger Lives
Crime in the Streets
Side Street

obviously the de facto one here is The Big Sleep (Bogey as Philip Marlowe), but the rest I can either vouch for or say they look pretty solid. Granted you SHOULD be playing LA Noire instead, but definitely worth setting the DVR for.

Game Analyst said:
I know all the tricks but they didn't work. LA Noire is at the top of my Que and I have had no games out for over a week (I have the two game at a time plan). Gamefly customer service told me that the game ships to the person who had it the longest in their Que. But that didn't work this time.
Wow. Either it'll ship very late today or there's some serious demand for this thing. Lol

rhino4evr

Game Analyst said:
I added it in January and it says low availability. =[
You gotta know how to work the system. I returned portal 2 last week...and removed everything from my Queue except La Noire for PS3 and 360...works everytime

And now those that join Best Buy for their midnight launch get yet ANOTHER exclusive case.

Jesus fucking Christ Rockstar. Calm Down on this bullshit.

rhino4evr

Game Analyst said:
That's BS. It should have shipped to you. Maybe it has..you just didn't get the email yet.

Gacha-pin

Struct09 said:
Anxious to read some reviews today. I pre-ordered the PS3 version from Amazon with the faith that the game is going to be great (plus I got it for $15 after all the credit I have on my account)
I think the user impressions on this thread are worth to read than the reviews by the so-called professionals in a heavily commercialized medum like IGN.

commish

rhino4evr said:
You gotta know how to work the system. I returned portal 2 last week...and removed everything from my Queue except La Noire for PS3 and 360...works everytime

Pretty sure most people know that "trick" by now. I was doing that trick years and years ago! But if EVERYONE is doing it, there's still only so many for them to send.

timmy01

Neo Member
Square Triangle said:
all of this stuff will be available for purchase after launch... and going by RDR it probably won't cost a ton either. I really wouldn't worry about it. IIRC, it was also not Rockstar's intent to have the RDR stuff out as late as they did. So more than likely we'll see the pre-order exclusives out this year (summer?)

Chaplain

rhino4evr said:

I do know. All of my games in my Que do are not released except for La Noire. So it shouldn't be a problem.

230597_1927612663999_1052646049_2225577_5226913_n.jpg

commish

Gacha-pin said:
I think the user impressions on this thread are worth to read than the reviews by the so-called professionals in a heavily commercialized medum like IGN.

While that may be true, often I find that people tend to see items they've purchased with their money in a better light, as if to confirm the purchase within their own mind.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Square Triangle said:
And now those that join Best Buy for their midnight launch get yet ANOTHER exclusive case.

It's not an exclusive case, more like a voucher for upcoming DLC. Im ok with that.

Struct09

commish said:
While that may be true, often I find that people tend to see items they've purchased with their money in a better light, as if to confirm the purchase within their own mind.

Yeah, and especially so during the honeymoon period. I also find myself disagreeing with GAF from time to time. Not saying that I won't pay attention to user impressions, it's not like I'm going to ignore them just because I'm waiting to read some critic reviews.

chubigans said:
It's not an exclusive case, more like a voucher for upcoming DLC. Im ok with that.
Its an exclusive timed case goven for free who those who choose Best Buy over another retail outlet. Its a lame practice.

Square Triangle said:
Its an exclusive timed case goven for free who those who choose Best Buy over another retail outlet. Its a lame practice.
It sounds like they just get a voucher to get it free, I don't think they get it early.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
darkressurection said:
It sounds like they just get a voucher to get it free, I don't think they get it early.
Yeah, the ad says you can redeem it when the DLC pack is released. If it was exclusive I would go at midnight to get it and sell it on eBay to help fund my purchase of the game.

timmy01 said:
all of this stuff will be available for purchase after launch... and going by RDR it probably won't cost a ton either. I really wouldn't worry about it. IIRC, it was also not Rockstar's intent to have the RDR stuff out as late as they did. So more than likely we'll see the pre-order exclusives out this year (summer?)

Also, it seems pretty clear that they just had a ton of content finished that literally did not fit in a reasonable amount of space on the retail release, and probably would have included more if the media formats allowed it. It was either two-disc Blu/four- or five-disc DVD releases, or save a lot for DLC.

All of these pre-order cases being given out "free" probably means they had more content than they originally intended or expected to sell separately.

Plasmid

Evlar said:
I would build myself a time machine but it would take a little more than an hour, so what's the point, really?

Go forward and get L.A. Noire, return to your previous time, use it playing the game?

TheExodu5

Banned
A friend of mine sent me these shots:

PojJ9.jpg

KgxNp.jpg

Now, the 360 version looks noticeably better in those screens. Are the PS3 shots perhaps old pre-release shots?

Shurs

My review copy was just delivered by FedEx. When requesting the copy, I said that I had no console preference. They sent me the 360 version. I wouldn't read too much into it, as they sent me the PS3 version of RDR last year.

The fact sheet says the game fills an entire single-layer Blu-Ray.

It also says that Xbox owners will only have to swap discs twice at natural breaks between cases.

I won't be able to play the game for another eight hours, but I will post some impressions tonight.

TheExodu5

Banned
The_Darkest_Red said:
The difference is striking. I have a hard time believing those comparisons are legitimate.

Yeah it just seems like too big of a difference to me.

I'm just hoping to find out by Tuesday. I have both version pre-ordered, so I'll just end up cancelling one of them. I don't really care either way...the PS3 version comes with the extra case, and I prefer the DS3, but my PS3 is quite loud compared to my 360, so I'd almost prefer the latter.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
nismogrendel said:
Damn now those pics make me feel like I ordered for the wrong system (PS3) :(
Methinks that is why there are being circulated. I have a hard time believing that the PS3 version looks like that.

TheExodu5

Banned
rhino4evr said:
Just looks like the contrast has been turned up on The PS3 version.

There are big differences in the contrast levels (the 360 is black crushing haaaaard), but that's not the only difference there. The 360 version in those shots has noticeably more detailed textures (just look at the pillars or the bricks...the bump mapping is a lot more noticeable on the 360 version). The main thing that's leading me to believe the differences in those shots aren't entirely legitimate is the flashlight in that second shot. Both shots appear to have completely different art directions...the difference in lightiung seems more like an artistic choice, rather than a technical one.

Mr_Brit said:
Can someone rehost the images please as they're not loading/loading at dialup speeds.

Sorry...I could only post them on my phone. Had no idea how big they were (can't see them on my work computer). If someone wants to rehost them I can edit my post.

BeeDog

Seems pretty obvious the "PS3 screens" are caps from some badly compressed video. I mean, look at the noticeably blurry radar in the corner.

Just wait for the DF comparison...

FinKL

Gacha-pin said:

I bought GTAIV on a dime when I read the IGN review (100 if I remember correctly). Didn't even know it was coming out or knew any information about it. I just know, I'd NEVER played a GTA, but it was all the rage back then so I decided to jump ship. Didn't even think about checking for deals and spent the full blown day 1 $60. Maybe I was busy at the time or something, but I couldn't get into it and ended up playing it's multiplayer for about a week.

Top Bottom