• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Ohwiseone

Jesus Christ, I leave to get food and come back and its a freaking battle going on. Can't we all just be friends and somehow get through till tomorrow, so we can finally play this game.

M.W.

I have a feeling the first time I get to drive around LA I'll be doing so for quite awhile. Probably way too long.

WaltJay said:
MTV Multiplayer called it "Police Quest with action sequences". That's all I need.

15231-willspolsion2.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
upJTboogie said:
Not really, I think the fanboy bickering ended when ShedNinja left.

Oh didn't noticed. He's banned again.

Shed_a_Ninja
Banned
(Today, 05:00 PM)
Reply | Quote

dreamfall

Marcellus Wallace said:
I have a feeling the first time I get to drive around LA I'll be doing so for quite awhile. Probably way too long.

I think the first time exploration in new open world titles is the highlight. I doubt I'll get to many of the cases, as I'm marveling/obsessing over traveling in a digitized retro L.A.

Edit: Especially in Rockstar games. The atmosphere they create is unbelievable. I spent most of the first month (after picking up Read Dead at midnight last year, almost exactly a year ago) just looking for beautiful vistas and experiencing random events. A much simpler gaming experience, and one I'll remember forever!

dark10x said:
Seriously? There is a lot of gameplay in there on top of the cinematic stuff. Many of the scenes are interactive as well, which is not something you could have accomplished with a film.

Besides, how many movies last 20 hours? As a game, the developers can take their time in regards to fleshing out the world and drawing the players in. It's not just about the story but everything you do while experiencing it.

I think it's the restricted game mechanics combined with the cannot fail cases that are making me feel like "who cares what I do personally you just want me to see a bunch of stuff."

It reminds of the PoP reboot where they overdesign it to the point that it's very pretty but I'm just going through the motions as they guide me to the end. I don't like that, I want challenge and the ability to fail.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
too bad about auto-jumping, but that 14 minute video from kotaku looks real good.

Montresor

The Kotaku video is a must-watch. My god... I'm gonna forget any console wars stuff and just focus on the fact that BOTH versions have the amazingness we see in that Kotaku video. I can't wait till tomorrow morning!

The Kotaku video is great because instead of obnoxious audio commentary the dude has very nice subtitles.

Atruvius

To anyone who's played this. How big does the city feel? By judging the map, it looks quite narrow and 8m^2 sounds awfully small to me. Could you easily compare it to GTA IV's whole map or to one island?

SamuraiX-

I have a feeling amir0x might be a little disappointed.

Wasn't he loving the idea of the game not holding your hand the entire time?

Well, the crime scene and interrogation stuff does sound challenging, but it seems like the game guides you through everything else to get there.

upJTboogie said:
Transgender, I was thrown when I saw the video review too.

Reading the comments on youtube about it are sickening though.

Carolyn does a good job, it's too bad how people react to the person and not the content being said.

Sn4ke_911 said:
Oh didn't noticed. He's banned again.

Shed_a_Ninja
Banned
(Today, 05:00 PM)
Reply | Quote
Oh I didn't even notice either, good, I mean it's obvious he doesn't learn from the previous bans....

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Proposed Law said:
Carolyn does a good job, it's too bad how people react to the person and not the content being said.

I feel bad for her. The gamespot forum is blowing up about how disgusting she is... :/

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
SamuraiX- said:

Well, the crime scene and interrogation stuff does sound challenging, but it seems like the game guides you through everything else to get there.

there's some optional stuff, you can turn the audio prompts and hints off.

tc farks

I'm really intrigued about the "good liars" that I believe the Xplay review alluded to.

I love a good detective story having that criminal that matches/exceeds the abilities of the protagonist. A Professor Moriarty if you will. I want to hate this man/woman and revel in the satisfaction of putting them behind bars. Or to come close, and be ready for round 2.

SamuraiX- said:

You can disable assists like the vibrations and sound cues to lessen the handholding. You can also skip action sequences and even driving from A to B if you want this to be a pure adventure game.

Ha processing on both my pre-orders started so I'm getting both of them now. Once I finally decide maybe I'll give the other one away to some lucky soul...

TimmiT

Just watched the Kotaku video, and holy shit this game looks great. Why didn't I take a look at it earlier? I need this ASAP.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
SamuraiX- said:

you can disable the hinting

Sn4ke_911

Yeah Kotaku sold this game to people. That vid is really great and informative.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
SamuraiX- said:
At least we should get some entertainment from him out of that IGN's choice quote. I was secretly hoping that the reason he's not chimed in yet is that he's seeking inspiration for a perfect comment on that.

Gary Whitta said:
Ha processing on both my pre-orders started so I'm getting both of them now. Once I finally decide maybe I'll give the other one away to some lucky soul...

This whole thing was one big charade just to prove how rich you are wasn't it?

WASN'T IT?!?!?

*poor tears*

Sn4ke_911

beast786 said:
Will wait for price drop. Have a huge back log and have learned my lesson. ie MK and Portal

Wat? You sure you like good games?

checked the GT-review just now....

...they expected co-op? holy shit I hate this generation with all their tacked on multiplayer bullshit bullet points that need to be checked. [/lonewolfmode]

Dynedom

Was going to rent this game first regardless of reviews but screw it. I think it's going to be right up my alley anyway and I don't think I've impulse-bought a game in ages (and regretted it, that is).

Top Bottom