• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

GAF convince me not to buy this until June, I'm going to vegas for memorial day weekend so any money spent until then is a bad idea but I'm just so excited for this game.

Tell me it sucks GAF, do it

StevePharma said:
checked the GT-review just now....
...they expected co-op?
Yeah - that came out of left field. Did they ever even hint at the possibility of co-op?

beast786 said:
Will wait for price drop. Have a huge back log and have learned my lesson. ie MK and Portal
Right there with you, at least on the Portal front, and for the same reasons I mentioned before. I played through it, enjoyed it, and it's now gathering dust.

beast786 said:
The lesson is wait and buy.
True words.

Dynedom

Yeah, I realize now it might be a mistake to buy this game considering I need to be studying hardcore for my Level 2 CFA exam. This game might consume my life if I pick it up. :(

beast786

Sn4ke_911 said:
Wat? You sure you like good games?

No man, I loved and loved MK and Portal. The lesson learned was the major price drop after a week or two.

I will pick this up after Wario BOMBA. The lesson is wait and buy.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
FuttBuck said:
GAF convince me not to buy this until June, I'm going to vegas for memorial day weekend so any money spent until then is a bad idea but I'm just so excited for this game.

I don't know man

it's lookin pretty good

Montresor

FuttBuck said:

Check out this underwhelming video from Kotaku. It is guaranteed to convince you to hold off on buying the game until June.

Having loved both Heavy Rain and Mafia 2, I'm hoping a blend of the two styles - along with the uber cool setting, Noirish stylings and high presentation will make for an incredibly memorable game.

Souther

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
How is it underwhelming?

It made me more hyped for the game.

Then again, I was always gonna wait for a $20 price drop.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Kinda like. "Sure hold off until June. But look at what your missing.

Ugh ^^^^ Late

EYEL1NER

Can't wait for tomorrow. Gonna go pick up my free copy from Kmart, along with my free copy of Resonance of Fate and $20 coupon. And my Kmart is right next to a Chik-Fil-A, which does military discounts on Tuesdays, it's gonna be a good lunch break.

But the afternoon is gonna suck, having to wait to get home to try it out. Ugh....

SamuraiX-

Montresor said:
It is far from underwhelming. I am trying to trick him. =p
Souther said:
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Kinda like. "Sure hold off until June. But look at what your missing.

Ugh ^^^^ Late

Whoops!

Looks like I'm one of the slow ones today too. lulz

EYEL1NER said:
Can't wait for tomorrow. Gonna go pick up my free copy from Kmart, along with my free copy of Resonance of Fate and $20 coupon. And my Kmart is right next to a Chik-Fil-A, which does military discounts on Tuesdays, it's gonna be a good lunch break.

Stealth bragging at its finest.

I commend you, good sir.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That video from Kotaku is indeed very nice! Voice acting is very good, one thing that bothers me about it is that it sounds pretty clearly recorded in the studio, always from the same distance from a microphone. Like when the camera moves, repositions etc, their voices always sound the same.

FuttBuck said:

Think of it this way...Money you spend now is money you won't have to lose in Vegas.

rhino4evr

Glad to hear it's only 15-20 hours. I thought Red Dead and GTA4 went on a little too long at 30 hours.

Funny that PS3 is the "winner" here...and that people are surprised by this despite all the evidence suggesting so.

Montresor

... the two day-one retailer exclusive DLC cases have achievements. Woooow. Way out of left field, and kind of annoying for completionists, seeing as we will not be able to play both cases on day one. It's one or the other, depending on who you pre-order from.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Here is a real comparison video between 360 and PS3.

360 or PS3?

One of the biggest (or, at least, most frequently asked) questions leading up to Noire’s launch is which platform has the best version. The PS3 has a clear edge here, as the entire game is packed onto a single disc (as opposed to three discs on the 360, which to be fair aren’t much of a hassle to swap out), and it comes with a download voucher for an extra traffic-desk case. Otherwise, there aren’t a lot of noticeable differences between the two versions, although we’ve put together a video of both (captured at 720p) running side-by-side in case you’d like to see for yourself:

SPOILERS!!!

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/la-no...2011051693529489014/g-2006092512588826087/p-3

luffeN

FuttBuck said:

Just be patient for once :p Do you have any other game you can play while waiting for Noire?

TheExodu5

Banned
rhino4evr said:
Glad to hear it's only 15-20 hours. I thought Red Dead and GTA4 went on a little too long at 30 hours.

Funny that PS3 is the "winner" here...and that people are surprised by this despite all the evidence suggesting so.

I really hope it's 15-20 hours. I was afraid this would be 40 hours of filler content and repetitive gameplay.

zomaha

I'm having a real hard time not watching that Kotaku video...I really want to be surprised when I start the game tonight but the suspense is killing me.

AEREC

Im a little disappointed that there is no way to fail a case (as in leave it unsolved), it would have been cool if maybe there was the possibility of failing a case and it would have a different outcome later in the game or a different ending.

My only worry about this game is replayability, I mean I still play GTA4 and RDR years after their release as there is plenty of stuff to do and it's just a cool game world to escape to.

Maybe DLC will introduce new gameplay scenarios into the game.

Anyways still cant wait to get my PS3 copy tomorrow.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
TheExodu5 said:
Can't wait for amir0x's rebute to the IGN comment.
I will say this about Heavy Rain: your actions can have significant impact to the story, going so far as to have main characters die.

It doesn't sound like you have any kind of influence at all with Noire's story. Kinda disappointing but won't affect my enjoyment of the game all that much.

EYEL1NER

SamuraiX- said:
Stealth bragging at its finest.

I commend you, good sir.
You know, I would try to come up with a response saying I'm not, but I might have been. I love bragging to all of my friends about getting awesome deals at Kmart. But anyone could have gotten in on the deal.

I am really hyped about this game though. I payed it no attention until the Kmart deal was announced on CAG and then started looking into it. I had seen the facial animation before that and was impressed though. Can't wait to play it.

spats

I haven't watched almost any media at all from this game and haven't read a single review. Going in 100% blind to buy the game on friday. I'm not expecting to be disappointed.

hamchan said:
Yeah that's damn awesome. Also funny to see tha majority of people being wrong.

It does look like a really cool feature. I probably won't use it in my initial run of L.A. Noire, but it's an interesting thing to see how others use their power of deductive reasoning.

On a side note, seeing Phelps change tones of voice rather extremely in response to a person's testimony is pretty funny to watch, if not a bit uneven (especially if you're taking your time with your notebook).

JohngPR

iNvidious01 said:
your really torn? NO, you'd be really torn if i came into your house with a gun and asked you which one of your parents i would kill.

its just a game, you'll probably enjoy it no matter what console or controller you play it with.

You somehow managed to be more dramatic than the person you were attempting to mock.

:p

I haven't read a single review, but I've looked at the scores, that's good enough for me. I want to go into the game totally fresh and don't want revierwer's opinions to guide my own.

LProtag

The only thing about the Ask the Community button is that, I feel, the results would be skewed to whatever people try the most (people using it and trying the same thing as everyone else). At the beginning that might not work so well. Later on, when a lot of people have played through it going for 100% with strategy guides (or just massive amounts of time), it probably just becomes an "I win" button for any decision.

Chanser said:
Aren't you glad you get the delay, you can decide which version after the reviews.

I am. Really glad Giant Bomb included some detail about the frame rate and pop-in difference. Makes my pre-order choice easier. Thanks Brad ♥

devo1989

Anyone have any recommendations on the best trigger attachments for the PS3 controller ? Or should I just avoid these things all together ?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Gooster said:
It does look like a really cool feature. I probably won't use it in my initial run of L.A. Noire, but it's an interesting thing to see how others use their power of deductive reasoning.

On a side note, seeing Phelps change tones of voice rather extremely in response to a person's testimony is pretty funny to watch, if not a bit uneven (especially if you're taking your time with your notebook).

it'd be cool if your character started saying "um... uh..." if you flip through your notebook too much between questions.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
devo1989 said:
Anyone have any recommendations on the best trigger attachments for the PS3 controller ? Or should I just avoid these things all together ?

Whatever those ones GameStop sells with the out of date IGN quote on them. I have those and love them.

Evlar

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Care to elaborate? Can't view most of the reviews from work.
You can spend Intuition points to check which interview options other people playing the game have chosen, broken down by percentages. Ever watch Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? It's like the "Ask the Audience" lifeline.

TheExodu5 said:
Care to elaborate? Can't view most of the reviews from work.

Sorry. When you open the notebook, you can use an Intuition Point it looks like, to ask the online community how they responded to a person of interest's testimony. I am not playing the game -- going from that Kotaku video. It seems like a video game take on polling the audience on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

Edit: Lol. Damn iPad slows my typing down. ;)

Top Bottom