• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

SamuraiX-

Evlar said:
You can spend Intuition points to check which interview options other people playing the game have chosen, broken down by percentages. Ever watch Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? It's like the "Ask the Audience" lifeline.
Gooster said:
Sorry. When you open the notebook, you can use an Intuition Point it looks like, to ask the online community how they responded to a person of interest's testimony. I am not playing the game -- going from that Kotaku video. It seems like a video game take on polling the audience on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

Edit: Lol. Damn iPad slows my typing down. ;)

It is seriously freaky how similar your responses are.

Wow. haha

TheExodu5

Banned
Evlar said:
You can spend Intuition points to check which interview options other people playing the game have chosen, broken down by percentages. Ever watch Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? It's like the "Ask the Audience" lifeline.

Gooster said:
Sorry. When you open the notebook, you can use an Intuition Point it looks like, to ask the online community how they responded to a person of interest's testimony. I am not playing the game -- going from that Kotaku video. It seems like a video game take on polling the audience on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

Neat. I'm hoping to see more games incorporate these types of features. Very Demon's Souls'ish.

SamuraiX- said:
It is seriously freaky how similar your responses are.

Wow. haha

Ha ha. Come to think of it, I think using Intuition Points cuts down the amount of responses to get closer to the correct one, just like Millionaire's 50/50 option.

Zep

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
New clothes for Cole? Waist coat sans jacket?

1784273-la_noire_screenshot_440_super.jpg

Is this DLC or do they allow you to change your clothes like Mafia II?

The Lamp

SamuraiX- said:
I have a feeling amir0x might be a little disappointed.

Wasn't he loving the idea of the game not holding your hand the entire time?

Well, the crime scene and interrogation stuff does sound challenging, but it seems like the game guides you through everything else to get there.

Who cares? Amir0x is disappointed by almost everything.

The Kotaku video was great. Probably because Totilo wrote that article (the only sane, professional "journalist" on that blog besides maybe Crecente).

Are there any side-things to do in this game besides cases? Go to a jazz club or something? I don't know.

LQX

HTuran said:
Feel pretty bad for Team Bondi right now. I've hardly seen them mentioned.
But it is nothing new. It has been normal for many years to associate a game with its publisher or on this case a stronger brand which is Rockstar. Only reason its now a issue is because of the thread title and the fact some are making it an issue for some reason. I bet Team Bondi would rather there game sell well than name recognition.

HTuran said:

They worked for years on what can now be deemed a critically acclaimed game, with the Rockstar Games brand that will more than likely drive very good sales. I don't think they're moping about the lack of mention.

acm2000

Ken Masters said:
anything I need to know about the ps3/360 differences?

360 720p 2xAA>ps3 720p 0xAA (from b3d)
ps3 1 disc>360 3 discs
360 higher contrast lighting>ps3 lower contrast lighting (from comparison video)

will have to wait for EG faceoff for more details ie framerate and tearing, looks very close tho.

Montresor said:
Why am I keeping my 360 pre-order? I just can't put my finger on it. For whatever reason, I just don't want to play on the PS3.
Same here. Have both systems but I buy all my multiplat on 360.
Controller, Achievements, more connected to friends. I understand I'll be playing the inferior version. Oh well. =/

cackhyena

acm2000 said:
if you have both consoles, you buy the best version, why is that hard to understand
It's easy to understand, for some. It's been made apparent that the game looks close enough for the most part that this AA, darker v lighter shadows bullshit is nothing but laughable. Controller preference and disc swapping should be the only things you would think sway a decision at this point. You would think.

cackhyena said:
This whole comparison thing is just so fucking sad.
Some people have both consoles (crazy idea, I know) and want to make sure they get the absolute best version, even if the differences are miniscule. I am one of those people.

rhino4evr

HTuran said:
Don't...they will be consider big league after this game. Everyone will want to know what they are doing next...
LA Noire 2

BeeDog

cackhyena

polyh3dron said:
Some people have both consoles (crazy idea, I know) and want to make sure they get the absolute best version, even if the differences are miniscule. I am one of those people.
Yeah, I'm one of them. Chose PS3 because of the disc swapping thing. Not because there's lighter shadows here and there. three quarters through the game and you'll have forgotten about how the other consoles shadows are 2/10's darker. C'mon.

dwebo

Goldrusher said:
pre-order cases (& other stuff): yes
PS3-exclusive case: no
PS3-exclusive case is a PSN download code in the box, at least going by the unboxing vid from a few days ago. Is the store even up yet?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Why are reviewers complaining about freedom again?

hlhbk

cackhyena said:
Yeah, I'm one of them. Chose PS3 because of the disc swapping thing. Not because there's lighter shadows here and there. three quarters through the game and you'll have forgotten about how the other consoles shadows are 2/10's darker. C'mon.

I won't forget about it. I want the absolute best version technically.

cackhyena said:
What about things like resolution, AA, framerate and v-sync? Those are all important to me and I want the version that offers the best of those. I will wait for a proper DF comparison, but I won't go buy a technically inferior game, ever.

HTuran said:

The game probably never would have been finished without R* money and name cred behind it. I mean, how often is Tiburon ever really credited or decried when Madden is published each year?

LProtag

Honestly when I'm playing a moving game and I'm involved in the interaction... I don't really notice all these little nitpicky details you all are discussing.

It's not like the differences in PS3 and 360 games are as large as Bluray and DVD.

dreamfall

JAVK said:
Am I the only one that actually like The Getaway?

I definitely really liked it- at the time, it provided an alternative to Rockstar's open world idea. I must say though, some of those driving sequences were mad difficult.

Interfectum

polyh3dron said:

The debates have already been settled. People are just spewing the same stuff and arguing in circles at this point.

Do you want the version that has an exclusive case, a single disc and is seemingly has a slight graphical advantage? Get the PS3 version.

Do you want achievements, be more "socially connected" to your XBL friends, and prefer using the 360 controller? Get the 360 version.

From what has been gathered by comparisons and most review sites is that while the PS3 has an advantage graphically it still boils down to your console of preference.

The Lamp

Interfectum said:
The debates have already been settled. People are just spewing the same stuff and arguing in circles at this point.

Do you want the version that has an exclusive case, a single disc and is seemingly has a slight graphical advantage? Get the PS3 version.

Do you want achievements, be more "socially connected" to your XBL friends, and prefer using the 360 controller? Get the 360 version.

From what has been gathered by comparisons and most review sites is that while the PS3 has an advantage graphically it still boils down to your console of preference.

What does "socially connected" have to do with this game? Isn't it single-player?

spiderman123 said:
Comparison to previous R* games?

Do we have to put this game in a box because it borrows assets from other games? Why can't some people just let it stand on its own?

I get bothered when people like to restrict game design to [other games in] genre. I have friends who won't play Left 4 Dead just because it doesn't let you use iron-sights like Call of Duty...even though iron-sights are completely unnecessary for the kind of game L4D is.

cackhyena

Darkshier said:
What about things like resolution, AA, framerate and v-sync? Those are all important to me and I want the version that offers the best of those. I will wait for a proper DF comparison, but I won't go buy a technically inferior game, ever.
Haven't several places already said the PS3 version wins out for the most part in those cases? They probably aren't far off, if they weren't thorough enough the first time around, I would assume. I certainly don't see it swinging wildly the other way in any case. Say it ends up evening out. Still comes down to controller and disc swapping preferences, I guess. I'm not saying it's not smart to wait, just sick of the talk, more so.

Top Bottom