• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
jam86 said:
That was somewhat quick...

Had some PM's with the wrong link unfortunately, but in the end Zerokku wins for being the first one with the right info. PM will be sent shortly!

Huh. Wasn't expecting to actually get it, was a pretty easy find. Thanks!!!!!

jackdoe

Haha. I didn't get an "Electroplating" code for the BB midnight launch (think I caught some of the employees saving some for themselves) but I didn't mind since I was doing a BB.com store pickup at midnight which was outside of the norm. That ended up being a pain in the ass for them cause they were pretty much not set up for something like that.

Game is fun, but I am totally overthinking the game's interrogation sequences. Pretty much if the guy looks straight at you, it's truth and if he looks away constantly, you either doubt or accuse depending on if you have evidence. First couple of interrogations, I overthought the whole thing and it made it more complicated than it had to be (and led to incorrect answers).

Fjordson

Went through the soundtrack. They really nailed the time period, lots of awesome tracks on there.

I hate work for making me tired. Can't manage anymore playtime tonight. Having a lot of fun, though. Once you suit up and hit the desks things start to get really good.

jackdoe

Also, I have to say that the tech for this game is amazing. Cutscene transitions, for the most part, are seamless with no loading. Sure, people are all wowed by the faces, but I was most impressed by the fact that the game didn't take me to a loading screen for every cutscene in the game (cough GTA IV cough).

Ohwiseone

Painkiller Q8 said:
Finished Disc 1, inserting Disc 2...
Note: if you missed up in any case you can go back to the main menu and replay any case you want and that still get the points/ranking in your game progress... I'm just saying that for the people who care about Achievements/Trophies :)

Oh I wish I would of remembered that, I just totally restarted a case because I was pissed at myself during the interrogation of someone of making wrong decisions.
It was the wife of Adrian Black

I am headed to bed, I am already immersed and totally didn't notice its almost 3 AM

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
jackdoe said:
Also, I have to say that the tech for this game is amazing. Cutscene transitions, for the most part, are seamless with no loading. Sure, people are all wowed by the faces, but I was most impressed by the fact that the game didn't take me to a loading screen for every cutscene in the game (cough GTA IV cough).

Different engine.

Hyphen

Plasmid said:
How many cases are there in the main story to the ending, a number would be a great answer.

From one review I read they said there were
seventeen
main cases to get through. (That spoilered number is written in words, just incase some are curious about why it looks so long)

Evlar

Banned
RiotPelaaja said:
Team Bondi's logo is on the packaging. They are mentioned most of the time in the trailers with voice overs. Their logo is the first thing that comes up when you boot the game.
Not that I really care about the argument, but just pointing out: The first thing that came up when I put the game in was the L.A. Noire logo with an "Installing - Please Wait" progress bar. The second thing was Rockstar's logo.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
CoffeeJanitor said:
So is this a completely new engine or a reworked RDR engine (which was a reworked GTA4 engine)?

Completely new one. It's Team Bondi's own proprietary engine.

Aspiring

So a question to those with the game. This Rockstar pass that should be on xblm soon for 800 points. Did it come with the game? Or if not do we know what it is?

jackdoe

Aspiring said:
So a question to those with the game. This Rockstar pass that should be on xblm soon for 800 points. Did it come with the game? Or if not do we know what it is?
There is no such thing with the PS3 version of the game so I'm assuming the same holds true for the 360.

Aspiring

Hmmm i wonder what it is than? I checked and it does indeed say its coming today. Since its not with the game, i wonder what it could be?

Plasmid

Hyphen said:
seventeen
main cases to get through. (That spoilered number is written in words, just incase some are curious about why it looks so long)

I just looked on the game statistics on the pause menu and it's

Neverfade

Hyphen said:
seventeen

The answer to this is in the stats page. Is this really a spoiler? Damn...

Chris_C

Buckethead said:
Who gives a shit if people know it's a Team Bondi game or not?

Do we really have to be subjected to more of that drivel?

You really care that a corporation gets recognition?

Why? Seriously - why?

I want a written explanation.

Were they not paid for their efforts?

You don't think that they'll be well known? Really? After the self-congratulation awards at IGN, Gamespot, Metacritic, etc. not to mention those shameless panderfests known as the Spike VGA awards?

If Team Bondi works with someone else in the future you don't think the business professionals will be able to distinguish between who made the developed and who published it?

I don't give a flying fuck who makes Honey Bunches of Oats.
All I know that they taste good and I look forward to having a bowl ever morning.

FUCK.

You don't deserve games.

ShogunX

Aspiring said:
Hmmm i wonder what it is than? I checked and it does indeed say its coming today. Since its not with the game, i wonder what it could be?

Rumour has it that it's similar to the Mass Effect Cerberus network in providing extra cases as well as the store specific cases.

raphier

Banned
Can't you guys just stop and think about Blomkamp's District 9 and Peter Jackson's involvement in the project. It was all Blomkamp's work behind Peter Jackson's name and brand to bring higher awareness. It is one of many tactics to have new ideas mass distributed.

And it is pretty clear that Rockstar here is endorsing the product, because not everyone cares who made the game but will buy it regardless, because R's brand is slapped on it.

How about that?

Aspiring

Shogun PaiN said:
Rumour has it that it's similar to the Mass Effect Cerberus network in providing extra cases as well as the store specific cases.

Yeah saw that but was hoping for something definite. Thanks though buddy, hopefully it is what you say!

itschris

Lens of Truth posted their screenshot comparison; the biggest difference in the screens is that only the PS3 version has SSAO:

alAuY.jpg
OtaLW.jpg

maLRk.jpg
EV7QT.jpg

QtFwS.jpg
dInWM.jpg

vNsEC.jpg
YDyFe.jpg

legbone

just wrapped up a 3.5 hour play session. great fucking game. it's a toss up for me whether this or portal 2 is goty at the moment. i'm thinking it may be this. anyway, love the atmosphere. i am going to buy every dlc case they come out with to support team bondi for making such a wonderful experience. finally a realistic (for a videogame) cop game. as for the future i would love to see sequels to this game. i would be there day one for them. i can just see a 70's based one in nyc or an 80's based one in miami. cannot think of what cities to use for the 50's, 60's and 90's. but a possibility for a modern day one in baltimore like "the wire" from hbo would be fun also. but a 70's nyc one would be my first choice. maybe i am biased since i am an investigator in real life but this shit is so much fun.

Sethos

Banned
It's weird, all the gameplay shots in the comparison falls out in the favour of the PS3 because of added shadows, better lighting etc. but they even added screenshots from what appears to be cutscenes and all of those are identical down to the last pixel, when you roll ever / slide the bar there isn't a shred of difference, it looks like the exact same shot.

Sethos

Banned
Always-honest said:
that adds to the atmosphere imo. Does it say which version runs better?
I read the reolution was the same on both, just as the AA. Is that right?

Yes, both versions are 720p 2xMSAA.

Reviews and people who has both versions say the 360 versions has some tiny FPS problems, some hiccups.

glaurung said:
In the last picture (car door) it looks like only PS3 has reflections.

Yep so so far the difference is lighting, looks like res and texture res is equal. Just down to performance now, looks like ps3 is the format to go for if you have the choice but at least 360 only owners arnt getting ghostbusted or rdr level of port.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
glaurung said:
In the last picture (car door) it looks like only PS3 has reflections.
I've seen reflection on the 360 version, specifically in the black metal part of the car and the chrome edges around the doors.

Sethos said:

Reviews and people who has both versions say the 360 versions has some tiny FPS problems, some hiccups.
I just got my first promotion and experienced one large shooting sequence which supposedly has framerate hicups, but its nothing like GTA IV. At its lowest, this game performs better than GTAIV and RDR.

Aspiring said:
No Rockstar pass. When you insert the game, you can press X to sign up for the Rockstar Socal Club. Once you sign up, you can receive fre in game items, once suit that helps with accuracy. Also, you can track the detailed progress of people on your friends list who own the game.

Sethos said:

Okay, thanx. Well, seems both are fine, but i have the choice, so PS3 version it is.

Jackson

Played a couple of hours.

I wouldn't call this a "game" in the traditional sense, it's more like an interactive movie. But it's still very entertaining, engaging and great! If Bulletstorm or Mario Galaxy is a "game", then this is an "experience".

Bottom line, it's awesome! I, for one, welcome our new MotionScan overlords!

I'm glad this comes out on Thursday because I'm going to have to switch to this because I can't play Witcher properly until they fix the Crossfire drivers :/

Jackson said:

I wouldn't call this a "game" in the traditional sense, it's more like an interactive movie. But it's still very entertaining, engaging and great! If Bulletstorm or Mario Galaxy is a "game", then this is an "experience".

ooooo the Amir0x impressions will be glorious after what he said ITT about Heavy Rain.

Jackson said:

A game can be an experience, they are not mutually exclusive.

polyh3dron said:
My Amazon Release Date Delivery Shipment tracking for this game:

A55Lg.png

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Anyone else get this?

Just checked mine, no delays. Although it did just have to go from Delaware to NY.

Top Bottom