• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

TheExodu5

Banned
Is the Lens of Truth running on a 386 or something? Wow.

Anyways, off to work, and picking up my copy on the way there. I didn't manage to beat The Witcher for today, so I'm starting off with LA Noire...The Witcher 2 will have to wait a bit.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Sethos said:

9tVcR.jpg

Sethos

Banned
protonion said:
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af240/DimitrisStr/11d6a6b0.jpg

Pal copy get!!!!

1.315 MB required if it hasn't been mentioned.

Could you take a picture of the controls section, want to see that shooting is in fact on R2

Tr4nce

God damnit, I'm loving the artwork with this game.

However, GAF. Have all of you already decided on how you are going to play L.A. Noire? Like with the hint systems and musical cue's ON or OFF? I'm going to play with everything OFF I think. The musical cue's and other hints will make it too easy for me I think, and not satisfy my oldskool adventure game 'search and try' hunger, ifyaknowwhaddamean.

GlamFM

Banned
Sn4ke_911 said:

I don´t care on how many discs my games come. But they should give you the option to install them and play the game of one disc - just like Forza 3 did.

BTW - Why are Turn10 the only ones that did this?

I was hoping for some kind of slipcover, similar to the one that Red Dead Redemption came with when it was first released. Love those things. Well, Friday can't come soon enough! The Kotaku-video did a great job showing off just what to expect, and I loved it.

GlamFM said:
I don´t care on how many discs my games come. But they should give you the option to install them and play the game of one disc - just like Forza 3 did.

Microsoft Game Studios. It would be easier for them to get that sort of support in their game.

I'm really not happy find out that they removed two desks from the game that they will probably end up selling as DLC. I was looking forward to getting this, but I'm more than happy to wait for the £17.99 now.

V_Ben

Banned
Sethos said:
Thanks protonion! Appreciate it :)

Yes but I also have this little baby

IMG_2097.png

Hence why I want R2 shooting.

Do you have a link to get one of those? I've always been interested in getting one, so that I can use the same fight stick on each console :)

Sethos

Banned
GlamFM said:

Because the second disc wasn't a game disc, merely a content disc - Bit like, say the GRAW 2 Legacy Edition where the second disc was purely a content / DLC disc, same system. I believe Microsoft's doesn't allow an actual game disc to be installed without requiring a DVD check.

V_Ben said:
Do you have a link to get one of those? I've always been interested in getting one, so that I can use the same fight stick on each console :)

Bought mine locally from a Danish site, not sure where you're from. It's called the "Cross Battle Adapter", it comes in many different flavours. The one I have which was the only one I could scrounge is the K.o gear, to save fighting game combos etc. and it's built on the newer versions.

Else there's Cross Battle Adapter ( First version, no rumble ), CBA Rumble, CBA 2.0, CBA K.o Gear, Shift fighter etc. Just get anything from 2.0 and up.

Audioboxer

protonion said:
-picture snip-

Pal copy get!!!!

1.315 MB required if it hasn't been mentioned.

Colour manual!!! The only thing besides in-box artwork that makes me feel more loved as a consumer :p Please tell me the game box has artwork on the inside?!

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Would some people say here that LA Noire runs around the same quality performance as RDR did on the 360? Just deciding on getting the 360 version at the moment (Love the 360 controller too much) and I was happy enough to play FF13 out of the two platforms, even with the minor port issues, so I am sure it'll be fine for me?

Merovin

Are the bonus in-game cases worth an extra fiver? About to order, but it's £5 less on amazon, can't see the extra case being worth it.

RPGCrazied

ZombieFred said:
Would some people say here that LA Noire runs around the same quality performance as RDR did on the 360? Just deciding on getting the 360 version at the moment (Love the 360 controller too much) and I was happy enough to play FF13 out of the two platforms, even with the minor port issues, so I am sure it'll be fine for me?

Actually the 360 version of RDR is better than the PS3 version. I think I read L.A Noire runs better on the PS3 this time.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
RPGCrazied said:
Actually the 360 version of RDR is better than the PS3 version. I think I read L.A Noire runs better on the PS3 this time.

He isn't asking about performance relative to the PS3, he's asking about performance relative to RDR on 360 I think

DrBo42

I can't believe I have to wait another day because some bullshit went down in Phoenix. Are you fucking kidding me UPS? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I would pay extra on Amazon just to get FedEx every time.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
RPGCrazied said:

I meant out of just quality performance in a technical comparison, when comparing to how Red Dead played on 360 (frame rate, AA, 720p, etc). I'm happy if it's a similar performance (even if PS3 version is much better) as I'm not one to complain unless the port is poor :)

Evlar

Banned
I can't comment on the 360 side, but my subjective experience on the PS3 side is of a big quality difference between L.A. Noire and the RAGE engine games. L.A. Noire runs much, much better than GTA4.

Sethos

Banned
Evlar said:
I can't comment on the 360 side, but my subjective experience on the PS3 side is of a big quality difference between L.A. Noire and the RAGE engine games. L.A. Noire runs much, much better than GTA4.

It better, GTA IV was atrocious on the consoles - Sub 30 FPS a lot of the times and very, very sluggish.

TheExodu5

Banned
I got both The Naked City and The Consul's Car in my copy of L.A. Nire (EB Games, Canada). Was I supposed to get both?

Also, what's this Badge Pursuit Challenge enveloppe?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Sethos said:
It better, GTA IV was atrocious on the consoles - Sub 30 FPS a lot of the times and very, very sluggish.
GTA IV still ran much much better than any previous console GTA game, however.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So are the cutscenes in this game handled in realtime or is it a mix of video and realtime? Just curious as to where those crazy storage requirements have come from.

iNvid02

TheExodu5 said:
I got both The Naked City and The Consul's Car in my copy of L.A. Nire (EB Games, Canada). Was I supposed to get both?

consul car is a exclusive dlc for all ps3 copies and the naked city is your regular bonus

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Team Bondi gets bought up by Rockstar if this becomes a huge success. Friday can't come soon enough (UK here :( )

Evlar

Banned
dark10x said:
So are the cutscenes in this game handled in realtime or is it a mix of video and realtime? Just curious as to where those crazy storage requirements have come from.
The Lens of Truth comparison shows that the PS3 and 360 versions of the engine have different lighting capabilities, yet their caps of the cutscenes demonstrate they are pixel-for-pixel identical between the two. Seems the cutscenes are pre-rendered in the parts that don't show Phelps.

TheExodu5 said:

i believe it's a thing where you collect a number of badges across LA, and collecting them all gets you the Dapper costume for the main guy. something like that.

Audioboxer

TheExodu5 said:
Not in Canada, at least. >_>

We never get in-color artwork. Stupid bilingualismshtick.

Us Europeans seem to get a lot of it (colour manuals and in-box artwork) - Strange considering you'd think the costs of manufacturing the materials would cost more over here.

Tr4nce said:
EDIT: also, the links in the OP to the reviews don't work, because you got the links all messed up.

Cheers man, I didn't realise - how exactly did I screw them up? I'll have to fix them tomorrow as I don't have the time right now...

DrBo42 said:
I can't believe I have to wait another day because some bullshit went down in Phoenix. Are you fucking kidding me UPS? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I would pay extra on Amazon just to get FedEx every time.

Wow, I have the opposite experience up here. I hate dealing with FedEx... And love UPS. A lot of times I'm not home for deliveries, so I leave notes... "Hi Guys, plz leave ma package on the back porch, many thanks, here's my signature..." And FedEx... just ignores it like 50% of the time. UPS is great about it usually. I'm also an early house on the local UPS route so I love getting stuff from them.

Audioboxer

French said:
Wonder how much content they had to cut because of the 360.

Thank you Microsoft.

I think you need to read a bit better,

It took "miraculous compression" to fit the well-padded detective sim onto three discs, McNamara revealed.

Compression likely equals the 360 version performing worse technically, but it doesn't mean cut content.

The fact it's on 3 discs instead of crammed into 1 only goes to show cutting content wasn't an option.

If anything it looks like Team Bondi/Rockstar always planned to anally assault us with pre-order cases and DLC from the start, nothing to do with disc space.

Top Bottom