• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

stupid_dad

Neo Member
Aspiring said:
No dramas : )

I see on the last page though someone said that there eb WILL price match with the DLC. So i guess i will just have to ask when i pick up the game. If they do sweet if not, that sucks.

Yeah i spoke to the manager and he said he would pricematch and give me the dlc to keep my trade....its only a small eb so he needs the cash lol

Buckethead said:
Who gives a shit if people know it's a Team Bondi game?

You really care that a corporation gets recognition over their parent corporation?

Why? Seriously - why?

I want a written explanation.

You don't think that they'll be well known? Really? After the self-congratulation awards at IGN, Gamespot, Metacritic, etc. not to mention those shameless panderfests known as the Spike VGA awards?

If Team Bondi works with someone else in the future you don't think the business professionals will be able to distinguish between who made the developed and who published it?

I don't give a flying fuck who makes Honey Bunches of Oats.
All I know that they taste good and I look forward to having a bowl ever morning.

FUCK.
Holy shit, calm down. I don't care if Team Bondi gets credit by the average gamer, but I just think that Rockstar will be talked about more.

I do not give a shit.

But having the Rockstar name there and having some similarities to their other open world series is obviously not going to hurt word of mouth/sales.

Rockstar, being the parent corporation (as you say), is right on the front cover, too.

la-noire-uncovers-box-art.jpg

That's just about as in your face as it gets.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Aspiring said:

I see on the last page though someone said that there eb WILL price match with the DLC. So i guess i will just have to ask when i pick up the game. If they do sweet if not, that sucks.

Yeah, the following of policy isn't exactly consistent. I have two EB stores within 20 minutes of my place and one follows it to the letter while the other is much less stringent.

Ok, keeping my PS3 preorder then. If the reports of better performance are true as well, it is clearly the superior version.

Edit: Wow, the shadowing difference is pretty obvious.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Branson said:
We need Brad in here to clean things up, or at least Gary to talk to Brad since he's around them more often lol. Ive been flipping back and forth and haven't preordered at all.

Hello! What are we talking about?

Oh, get the PS3 version. It's not without some rough spots of its own but on the whole it seems much smoother than on the Xbox, which has some really horrendous dropped frames in a couple of specific scenes and tends to hitch a lot more when you're driving around.

This is all just my anecdotal recommendation. I look forward to the Digital Foundry article as much as you guys.

Aspiring said:

I think I will be able to make them give me the DLC for the matched price... I'm a good negotiator and I will hopefully have evidence of someone else on here who will have gotten the DLC at the matched price.

I'm gonna ask for the store manager if they don't let me have it, and I'll continue to push it for a while and threaten to cancel the other four paid off pre-orders that I have with them (although I don't know if I can have my money back then, I'm an Edge member with a Game Informer Subscription) so I'm kinda hoping that because I buy so much of my shit at this EB they'll be good to me).

I'll also argue that they should give me the DLC because if I had have not been a loyal EB customer and pre ordered at JB I would be able to get the cheaper JB price AND the JB DLC but instead I'm getting jibbed by EB altogether. Yeah, right - thanks EB.

M.W.

Buckethead said:
Who gives a shit if people know it's a Team Bondi game or not?

Do we really have to be subjected to more of that drivel?

You really care that a corporation gets recognition?

Why? Seriously - why?

Were they not paid for their efforts?

You don't think that they'll be well known? Really? After the self-congratulation awards at IGN, Gamespot, Metacritic, etc. not to mention those shameless panderfests known as the Spike VGA awards?

If Team Bondi works with someone else in the future you don't think the business professionals will be able to distinguish between who made the developed and who published it?

All I know that they taste good and I look forward to having a bowl ever morning.

FUCK.

Hey! POST makes Honey Bunches of Oats.

low-G

cgcg said:
Looks like the opening cutscene is pre-recorded. Wonder where did they record that from? ;)

One of the consoles, one frame at a time, as is usual for pre-rendered cutscenes in games.

You thought it'd be PC? ;)

web01

If you are Australian and you still buy games from EB then you are doing something very wrong.

JB and Big W if you must have it in the first week, otherwise import and save yourself $50.

JaseC

Rockstar aren't the parent company of Team Bondi; the latter is independent.

web01 said:
If you are Australian and you still buy games from EB then you are doing something very wrong.

JB and Big W if you must have it in the first week, otherwise immport and save yourself $50.

This man speaks the truth, although if your EB is easy with price matching they're as much an option as the other two.

JaseC said:

This man speaks the truth, although if your EB is easy with price matching they're as much an option as the other two.
True, although this is their first title. We'll see what happens.

Aspiring

ColonialRaptor said:
I think I will be able to make them give me the DLC for the matched price... I'm a good negotiator and I will hopefully have evidence of someone else on here who will have gotten the DLC at the matched price.

I'm gonna ask for the store manager if they don't let me have it, and I'll continue to push it for a while and threaten to cancel the other four paid off pre-orders that I have with them (although I don't know if I can have my money back then, I'm an Edge member with a Game Informer Subscription) so I'm kinda hoping that because I buy so much of my shit at this EB they'll be good to me).

I'll also argue that they should give me the DLC because if I had have not been a loyal EB customer and pre ordered at JB I would be able to get the cheaper JB price AND the JB DLC but instead I'm getting jibbed by EB altogether. Yeah, right - thanks EB.

Yeah fingers crossed. I am going to ask when i am there, hopefully they pull through. If not it will suck but hey i want the game and DLC so what can you do. Not getting my hopes up. Its only a small EB so fingers crossed!

stupid_dad said:
Yeah i spoke to the manager and he said he would pricematch and give me the dlc to keep my trade....its only a small eb so he needs the cash lol

Mine is a small EB as well so fingers crossed!

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
This is one of the worst things about GTA4 and RDR... it literally makes no sense and I hate it (along with R2 as shoot, but I made my peace with that).

But a run button? Fuck that. If Max Payne 3 has a run button, I will punch the Houser brothers in the face.

I guess I'm in the minority here but I think it is one of the BEST things about GTA 4 and RDR. I hate it when you are sprinting like an idiot inside a world where immersion is everything. Plus you don't really have to run, you can quick travel a lot and only need to jog/run when the popo is after you.

I love the fact that it takes some effort to run and not the standard holy shit we're running all over the place kind of game that breaks the immersion to extreme levels.

web01 said:

JB and Big W if you must have it in the first week, otherwise import and save yourself $50.

Trade in value is 100% better at EB.

JaseC

rudds said:
For now...
Buckethead said:
I know I edited. But...

Basically this.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if R* snapped up Team Bondi and re-branded the studio as Rockstar Sydney or whatnot if LA Noire is a success.

Having a R* studio here could give the country's video game industry the kick up the arse it needs.

JaseC said:

My womang works at EB Chadstone, so price-matching and returns beyond the 7 day period are generally doable :D.

Yay4bitches.

Buckethead said:

Why? Seriously - why?

FUCK.
oh noes the developer's name is in the thread title this is an egregious affront to humanity

StevePharma said:
I guess I'm in the minority here but I think it is one of the BEST things about GTA 4 and RDR. I hate it when you are sprinting like an idiot inside a world where immersion is everything. Plus you don't really have to run, you can quick travel a lot and only need to jog/run when the popo is after you.

I love the fact that it takes some effort to run and not the standard holy shit we're running all over the place kind of game that breaks the immersion to extreme levels.
For me, a run button is pretty much directly in the way of immersion Every once in a while I think "fuck, why is there a run button."

Branson

rudds said:
Hello! What are we talking about?

Oh, get the PS3 version. It's not without some rough spots of its own but on the whole it seems much smoother than on the Xbox, which has some really horrendous dropped frames in a couple of specific scenes and tends to hitch a lot more when you're driving around.

This is all just my anecdotal recommendation. I look forward to the Digital Foundry article as much as you guys.

Oh hai thar.

Funny thing, I got the PS3 version off of Amazon. So that's good to hear I made the right decision. Thanks Brad!

Buckethead said:

Why? Seriously - why?

FUCK.
I just wanna requote this because I still have no idea who you were talking to with this post. Was it me?

cgcg

low-G said:
One of the consoles, one frame at a time, as is usual for pre-rendered cutscenes in games.

You thought it'd be PC? ;)

;) besides maybe added AA (kind of hard to tell with those small screens) and maybe higher res shadows they look pretty much like in game assets. Quality wise looked very similar to other cutscenes.

JaseC

mickcenary said:
My womang works at EB Chadstone, so price-matching and returns beyond the 7 day period are generally doable :D.

Yay4bitches.

If only I had an ally at EB when I hatched my master plan to trade in 7 copies of GTAIV purchased at $79 for $770 of in-store credit, thereby allowing me to purchase a PS3 for $553. :(

I ended up buying a PS3 on the way home, anyway.

Finished Disc 1, inserting Disc 2...
Note: if you missed up in any case you can go back to the main menu and replay any case you want and that still get the points/ranking in your game progress... I'm just saying that for the people who care about Achievements/Trophies :)

CoffeeJanitor said:
I just wanna requote this because I still have no idea who you were talking to with this post. Was it me?
No, just it being brought up on every page.
Not directed towards any one person.

Snapped a bit, I apologize.

bitoriginal

Is there any word on whether the UK gets the exclusive case for the PS3 version? I was going 360 but my decision is still on a knife edge.

JaseC said:
If only I had an ally at EB when I hatched my master plan to trade in 7 copies of GTAIV purchased at $79 for $770 of in-store credit, thereby allowing me to purchase a PS3 for $553. :(

I ended up buying a PS3 on the way home, anyway.

Ha. That'd be quite the ally, mang. She'd probably rather do other things for me before that
IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

So, can anyone give me a brief, albeit illuminating rundown on how the movement and shooting mechanics compare to GTAIV, seeing as the two look near identical?

SPANKS, GUYZ!

Alright fellas, I have one "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson case code for the XBOX 360(Best Buy Midnight launch) that will not be seeing any use. In the spirit of the game, the first detective to find the original link of the drawing in my avatar will win the prize.

Find the link, PM me, get the code. Sounds simple.

Hints:
Cowabunga!!
To be revealed if not found within hour

Happy hunting.

pakkit

Banned
jam86 said:
Alright fellas, I have one "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson case code for the XBOX 360(Best Buy Midnight launch) that will not be seeing any use. In the spirit of the game, the first detective to find the original link of the drawing in my avatar will win the prize.

Hints:
Cowabunga!!

Happy hunting.

tumblr_ljs97qmevE1qiorsyo1_500.jpg

Sup.

N.A

Banned
jam86 said:

Hints:
Cowabunga!!

Happy hunting.

PM'd!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
jam86 said:

Hints:
Cowabunga!!

Happy hunting.

Edit: Derp, PM, sent.

Top Bottom