• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Yopis

timmy01 said:
you must be a part of the rewards program. as long as that's the case, yes.. this is the in-store promotion at all kmarts. The exact promotion is a $20 gaming coupon (usually good starting the FOLLOWING sunday for four weeks) and a free game $19.99 or under.

Got in on Kmart deal today. Last game I bought from Kmart was Alpha Protocol.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Big Ass Ramp said:
slightly off topic, but how do I check on Amazon when I will get the $15 pre-order credit?
I just preordered Ocarina of Time 3D and it had already applied itself. I don't even have the game in my possession yet.

sajj316 said:
So .. I still have GTA IV and RRR to finish (just started GTA). When do you guys think I'll get to this game?

Maybe you should play LA Noire first. It's the new hottness and it might be wise to get it out of the way before spoilers start going unmarked.

styl3s

StevePharma said:
There was supposed to be one but Brady Games cancelled it. Some guy on the xbox360a.org forums contacted them about it. The guide has also been deleted on most web-shops such as amazon and some Dutch sites I sometimes frequent.

Too bad really because I always get a stiffy for Hardcover guides and this guide supposedly also had some exclusive content behind it (maybe a code for a suit I don't know).

Well regular edition is fine too but I prefer my hardcover ones.
Yeah i noticed on my ticket it said the sku was canceled, it's a shame.. i love getting the hardcover ones for my games :(

The guide is good, won't use it till after i finish the game cause i wanna beat it without then use it to complete it 100%.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
BigKaboom2 said:
Question that nobody but me cares about: is there first-person driving?

In the giantbomb quicklook, Brad cycled through the driving camera options and there was no first-person.

bob page said:
Nope. Not from what I've read.
Oh well. It's hilarious to me that Deadly Premonition has the best open world driving camera view. Honorable mention to Far Cry 2 and probably something else I forgot.

bob page

Ryan O'Donnell:
It's disappointing that cars can't be controlled in 1st person in L.A. Noire. It won't matter to most, but it really affects driving for me.

I never drive in first person so I don't mind one bit.

lush

Are all the DLC codes redeemed via marketplace codes? If so, I'm thinking some GT sharing is in order. I'll pass around the Best Buy preorder content.

Tucah

you speak so well
Goddamn I need to pay more attention or get smarter or something because I'm awful at these interrogations :lol

Amir0x said:
Pretty neat so far. The interviewees have reaaally obvious tells, but I suspect that's for gameplay related reasons. You really do have to be thorough on crime scenes. Also I think they should be slightly more flexible as to how you prove someone is lying, because imo there have been multiple times so far where you could have used more than one piece of evidence to apply it to the dude/dudette's lies.

Other than that, really is living up to its potential.

Good to hear.

You and I both have similar thoughts on hand-holding, how's Noire in that respect?

Amir0x

Banned
disappeared said:
Good to hear.

You and I both have similar thoughts on hand-holding, how's Noire in that respect?

Early on the hand holding is severe but it evaporates fairly quickly into the third or fourth case, and then it's all legit thinking man's game provided you don't use intuition.

cgcg

Amir0x said:
So PS3 version came out ahead in the Lens of Truth analysis too.

Well, now I'm doubly glad I got that version. For once, intelligent assessment of the development situation wins the day.

Dang: holy shit if you do that slide over on the PS3/Xbox360 bridge image there is a massive difference between the two. Hell, entirely new buildings show up in the PS3 version lol

:O holy I missed that before. There are A LOT of missing buildings in that pic.

Teknoman

Amir0x said:
Early on the hand holding is severe but it evaporates fairly quickly into the third or fourth case, and then it's all legit thinking man's game provided you don't use intuition.

lol well now i'm wondering if I should turn off cues at all...

TheExodu5

Banned
Amir0x said:

Good to hear. You playing with the cues on or off? Thoughts on that matter? I'm afraid turning them off might turn the game into too much of a pixel hunt.

Anyways, I finally bought myself those $5 DS3 triggers at EB. Going to try them when I get home. I'm thinking of leaving work early today.

LProtag

Sitting here waiting for UPS. I have no idea when they show up at my house anymore I realized because I haven't lived here for a good year.

GreekWolf

cgcg said:
:O holy I missed that before. There are A LOT of missing buildings in that pic.
No kidding. After seeing Lens of Truth's analysis, I don't even need to wait for DF's verdict. I'm amazed to see the numerous discrepancies between versions. This has to be one of the worst porting jobs of the last several years, comparable to the Ghostbusters hack-job.

I'm glad I waited to see a fair comparison before plopping down 60 bones. PS3 version it is.

Teknoman

Going to check out the first investigation in black and white, clue music always on (no fading after clues found)...see how that works out.

mcawesome

Neo Member
I was sadly awakened to an email from Amazon saying that my delivery will be delayed due to a problem in Phoenix. Checking the UPS site shows it left Phoenix at like 10am. Anybody know if I have any chance in hell of getting it tonight?

mcawesome said:
I was sadly awakened to an email from Amazon saying that my delivery will be delayed due to a problem in Phoenix. Checking the UPS site shows it left Phoenix at like 10am. Anybody know if I have any chance in hell of getting it tonight?

WTF is going on in Phoenix?

The Mysterious Case of the Grounded Phoenix.

lunchtoast

mcawesome said:

I got that too. My last arrival scan was Albuquerque, NM at 630 this morning. UPS guy just passed my complex, no package :(. (LA here).

CyReN

Dan said:
I got a message from Amazon that it won't be arriving today. For mystery reasons, it's delayed a day or two. It sucks, I actually have tonight free to play it, but Wednesday and Thursday are kinda busy.

Send a email to Amazon, they'll probably give you $5-$10 for inconvenience.

ummo

Banned
Evlar said:
I know there are alternate cameras while driving. Didn't fiddle with it enough to discover if it includes a driver's seat view.

Pressing the d-pad Down, you'll cycle through 2 cameras, the usual third-person and a close-up to the left wheel, and when you are in this camera and passing by through corners it will switch to an aerial camera with an low-isometric view kinda like that gta camera:

164988-5-1.jpg

Was hoping my copy would arrive around 1PM. Played two games of baseball to kills times, and it's STILL not here! Almost 3:30 now!

:(

Will it never come?

LProtag

I feel like a kid again. Every time I hear something that sounds like a big truck I run to the window, only to be saddened that it's a schoolbus or something of the sort and not UPS.

InsertNameHere said:
I feel like a kid again. Every time I hear something that sounds like a big truck I run to the window, only to be saddened that it's a schoolbus or something of the sort and not UPS.

We are kindred spirits.

Kidnerd spirits, even.

lunchtoast said:
I got that too. My last arrival scan was Albuquerque, NM at 630 this morning. UPS guy just passed my complex, no package :(. (LA here).
Same thing here. Looks like the Phoenix warehouse screwed up and sent all our games to Albuquerque.

Big Ass Ramp said:
slightly off topic, but how do I check on Amazon when I will get the $15 pre-order credit?

I actually emailed Amazon about that.
You get the credit available only when you make qualifying purchases... it's sort of confusing. I have a $15 credit from LA Noire and a $20 credit from Portal 2, but neither of them show up anywhere UNTIL you go to make a qualifying purchase... which is any item sold & shipped from Amazon that is not digital, kindle, etc. So, only Amazon shipped things, so, like, no sellers, used stuff, etc.

Need to look at lens of truth! I'm getting a lot of tweets from people complaining that the 360 version doesn't look as good but it's hard to sort out the truth from the defense force bullshit...

The Lamp

InsertNameHere said:
Three schoolbuses just drove by. Lame.

I'm dealing with the same kind of tease. Loud diesel trucks will drive by, and a school bus drove by as well....

COME ON UPS, DELIVER ALREADY

Fjordson

TheExodu5 said:
Good to hear. You playing with the cues on or off? Thoughts on that matter? I'm afraid turning them off might turn the game into too much of a pixel hunt.
I played the first three cases with the hints on. It was fine, but I found myself paying more attention to my control vibrations and the music cues than the actual environments and atmosphere. Turned 'em off ever since and I feel like it makes the investigation stuff a lot more rewarding.

This is just based on my personal experience after a little over 12 hours.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
NEOPARADIGM said:
Was hoping my copy would arrive around 1PM. Played two games of baseball to kills times, and it's STILL not here! Almost 3:30 now!

:(

Will it never come?

I am in the same boat man. UPS Next Day AirSaver takes forever in my location.

Top Bottom