• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Sethos

Banned
jackdoe said:
IF controller is that important to someone, then they wouldn't even bother looking at comparisons since their mind would be made up before hand.

or, they'd find a way to use their preferred controller on the console of choice.

Evlar

Banned
Tom Chick's review said:
Red Dead Redemption, for instance, is a sprawling saga of uneven brilliance that I wouldn’t dream of commenting on without acknowledging that the conclusion is very nearly one of the most brilliant conclusions ever to grace a videogame, except for the fact that it turns out it isn’t at all.
I'm getting dizzy...

LProtag

Well I guess it's not as bad as the people who got their shipments delayed because of mechanical errors or whatever they're saying, but this is the longest they've ever taken to get to my house.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
yEBA6.jpg

Bout to fire this shit up while The Witcher 2 is installing. Great week for gaming!

Evlar

Banned
Outtrigger888 said:
Wait the 360 version is missing buildings that are in the ps3 version? Link?
It's shown in some of the Lens of Truth comparison shots. Geometry isn't missing from the 360 version of the game; the problem is pop-in, which reportedly happens more frequently on the 360 version (PS3 has some share of it).

i feel as if the option to go good cop/bad cop with your line of questioning when interrogating(where some people react differently to your tone) as well as killing suspects out of a warped sense of vengence rather than bringing them in, would have made this game much deeper and replayable..oh well, there's always room for that in a sequel.

jackdoe

BenjaminBirdie said:
I didn't look at comparisons.
It wasn't directed at you, more of a general statement. As an example, personally, I have a fight stick for the PS3 so any fighting game I get is the PS3 version due to preference in controls. In a situation like that, I honestly don't give a shit about the comparisons. And outside of games with PC versions available, I honestly don't have any other controller preferences.

Riposte

DevelopmentArrested said:
The armond white of video game reviews

Tom Chick often has good points, putting aside his overall philosophy. I think I've only seen Armond White make one good point(about the movie District 9). Given that 85% of published reviews are superfluous, I appreciate it. (His review on Civ 5 was certainly better than most.)

Oni Jazar

Gary Whitta said:
Controller makes a lot of difference to me, it's basically all the PS3 positives vs controller preference.

Maybe I'll play on PS3 first, then replay on 360 for achievements!

If performance, detail, single disc, and extra content isn't enough to convince you then why did you even consider the PS3 version?

The Lamp

pantyhelmet said:
i feel as if the option to go good cop/bad cop with your line of questioning when interrogating(where some people react differently to your tone) as well as killing suspects out of a warped sense of vengence rather than bringing them in, would have made this game much deeper and replayable..oh well, there's always room for that in a sequel.

You mean that's not in this game? :l

I assumed that would be in. That's like an obvious goal to go for when designing a game like this. I don't understand. -_-

So you solve every case correctly regardless of what you do? That's stupid. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but you make it sound like there's no depth in the consequences of your actions to investigation.

Hype deflated...

Fjordson

The Lamp said:

I assumed that would be in. That's like an obvious goal to go for when designing a game like this. I don't understand. -_-
What's wrong with having a central narrative?

Mr. Sam

Charlie Brooker's narrating his experience with the game on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/charltonbrooker

No spoilers as of yet.

The Lamp said:

No, that's an obvious goal in a story like RDR, which is about a morally bankrupt criminal-vigilante. This game's scope is, and has always been, very specific.

Fjordson said:
What's wrong with having a central narrative?
you end up with a coaster after the game is done, especially if you don't care about case ratings. you can still have your central narrative and still leave room to actually feel like you're impacting SOMETHING..i'm still going to get it, but its ambition in gameplay is lacking in my opinion..but thats the norm this generation.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Even after watching videos before release, I'm still blown away by the facial animation. FINALLY we have great facial animation in games!

Also, kudos to Team Bondi for the full color manual.

I have played about 3-4 hours so far:

The game is great, however I am a little let down by the fact that it just resets if you screw up some interogations or street cases, I also don't like the episodic chapters, I would rather have a house to save the game and a police station to pick up cases and stuff..

I sound like I'm ripping it but I'm not its really amazing I just wish it was a little more like rdr in some regards.

9/10 for me

Edit: oh and the ps3 version does have a little slowdown in some places.

Top Bottom