• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Antiochus

How feasible or convenient will it be for the developers to port this to the PC?

Will the technology behind this game be compatible with current graphics cards?

Shapingo

bob page said:
So KMart is running a pretty great promo for the launch of this game.

If you sign up for their free rewards program, you get a $20 gift card off a future purchase and a free $20 game with the purchase of LA Noire.

At my KMart, they had a pretty good selection of free games (I got Bioshock 2).
-Mass Effect 2
-Splinter Cell Conviction
-Rock Band 3
-Dantes Inferno
-Gears of War 2
-etc

I'm guessing this is an xbox360 list (with gears)? I'd love it if the PS3 mass effect 2 was $20

Antiochus said:
How feasible or convenient will it be for the developers to port this to the PC?

Will the technology behind this game be compatible with current graphics cards?

If it runs on consoles I have to assume it can run on mid to high PCs.

Amir0x

Banned
Pretty neat so far. The interviewees have reaaally obvious tells, but I suspect that's for gameplay related reasons. You really do have to be thorough on crime scenes. Also I think they should be slightly more flexible as to how you prove someone is lying, because imo there have been multiple times so far where you could have used more than one piece of evidence to apply it to the dude/dudette's lies.

Other than that, really is living up to its potential.

Amir0x said:
Pretty neat so far. The interviewees have reaaally obvious tells, but I suspect that's for gameplay related reasons. You really do have to be thorough on crime scenes. Also I think they should be slightly more flexible as to how you prove someone is lying, because imo there have been multiple times so far where you could have used more than one piece of evidence to apply it to the dude/dudette's lies.

You make it sound like a Free Roaming Ace Attorney with awesome acting and great graphics.

Can't play it till tomorrow! The wait is killing me.

brentech

Gary Whitta said:
When I'm in this situation I always reach for the collectible Star Trek glasses I got from Burger King.
That just doesn't cut it for my drink of choice, whiskey sour.
Nectar of the Gods.

K' Dash

I'm a bit torn with this game, I'm loving it but I'm feeling that being the map as big as it is, and the city as detailed as it is, they couldn't incentivate the player to drive and explore just for fun, I would've gone with a Phoenix Wright aproximation, just let the player explore boxed areas for clues, less handholding and much more focus on detective gameplay, they would't have "wasted" all that space building the city, but that's just me...

Amir0x said:
...Also I think they should be slightly more flexible as to how you prove someone is lying, because imo there have been multiple times so far where you could have used more than one piece of evidence to apply it to the dude/dudette's lies.

Also this.

Amir0x said:

About 7 hours in now and I have to say that it gets much harder later on

Hyunkel6

Just bought the game. Can't wait to play it after work! The guy at gamespot was almost harassing me in buying the strategy guide since it was 20% off. I mean, c'mon man, a guide would spoil all the fun, especially for a game like this.

timmy01

Neo Member
K' Dash said:
I'm a bit torn with this game, I'm loving it but I'm feeling that being the map as big as it is, and the city as detailed as it is, they couldn't incentivate the player to drive and explore just for fun, I would've gone with a Phoenix Wright aproximation, just let the player explore boxed areas for clues, less handholding and much more focus on detective gameplay, they would't have "wasted" all that space building the city, but that's just me...
I am strongly guessing DLC episodes... aka Undead Nightmare, BoGT, and TLatD. We'll have to see given Team Bondi is the primary here, but given Rockstar's previous games and how fleshed out the city is, I would be stunned to not see one or more $15 DLC episodes.

styl3s said:
Is there a limited edition guide? cause i pre-ordered the LE OSG at GS and when i went to pick up the game and guide they gave me a normal guide.

There was supposed to be one but Brady Games cancelled it. Some guy on the xbox360a.org forums contacted them about it. The guide has also been deleted on most web-shops such as amazon and some Dutch sites I sometimes frequent.

Too bad really because I always get a stiffy for Hardcover guides and this guide supposedly also had some exclusive content behind it (maybe a code for a suit I don't know).

Well regular edition is fine too but I prefer my hardcover ones.

Amir0x

Banned
i am going to have trouble not restarting if I fuck up the interview too much lol

so far I've been almost perfect but it's palm-sweating

K' Dash said:

The problem is that the face capturing tech eats up a TON of space. To make more use of the city, and make the game more open ended would requires 50GB Blu-rays, and, more importantly, more 360 discs, which is obviously what the problem really is here.

Teknoman

Amir0x said:

Playing in black and white?

BannedEpisode said:
My biggest problem is overthinking the suspects.

"Oh shit is he/she lying? Um, oh, jeeze"

Read this in Woody Allen's voice for some reason :p

What the fuck Amazon. I got an e-mail saying "due to events beyond our control" my release date delivery order will not arrive for 1-2 more days.

I live in Las Vegas and Amazon has shipment facilities in northern Nevada and Phoenix, AZ. Anytime I order something from Amazon it always ships from one of these two places. Because of this, I always get my orders on time. I've seen orders dispatch at 10:00pm and still arrive at my doorstep the next day.

I checked the package history to see what happened, and my package did indeed ship from Phoenix, and was sent to...Albuquerque NM, where it currently sits. The "events beyond their control" appear to be them fucking up and sending my package to the wrong state. It's certainly not due to weather delays or any natural disaster.

I love Amazon but come the fuck on. It's a five hour drive from Phoenix to Vegas and they can't get my game here on time? End rant.

LProtag

Amir0x said:
i am going to have trouble not restarting if I fuck up the interview too much lol

I have that feeling too, but I'll probably be replaying cases so... I think it's okay if I screw up. Plus it autosaves.

Teknoman

Amir0x said:
yup. Very atmospheric.

How does it look when you're losing health? Does the screen just get brighter or darker?

Thinking about going black and white the first time through with clue music hints turned off.

Amir0x

Banned
Teknoman said:
How does it look when you're losing health? Does the screen just get brighter or darker?

Thinking about going black and white the first time through with clue music hints turned off.

so far health hasn't even been an issue so I don't know lol

AEREC

Amir0x said:

I have this mentality when playing games sometimes too. But Im going to ignore it for this game..whatever happens I will stick with and move on...besides they make it easy to replay cases in this game.

I just wish I could do this with Mass Effect 2.

Evlar

Banned
DoctorWho said:
I know very little about the game. Kepy myself in the dark for too long. So you have the option to play in Black & White?
Yes. And mono sound.

(I'm lying about the mono sound)

Tr4nce

DoctorWho said:
I know very little about the game. Kepy myself in the dark for too long. So you have the option to play in Black & White?

Yes, sir. There's a special option for that somewhere in the menu, or so I have read.

bob page said:
So KMart is running a pretty great promo for the launch of this game.

If you sign up for their free rewards program, you get a $20 gift card off a future purchase and a free $20 game with the purchase of LA Noire.

At my KMart, they had a pretty good selection of free games (I got Bioshock 2).
-Mass Effect 2
-Splinter Cell Conviction
-Rock Band 3
-Dantes Inferno
-Gears of War 2
-etc

Is this Kmarts everywhere? Pre-orders only? Or can I walk into my local store and not get looked at like a crazy person when I ask about this?

Edit: nm they finally answered the phone at my Kmart, and they're offering this as well. Thanks for the heads up, might go pick this up later. :)

Isnt it a little unfair that us ps3 owners cant play the badge pursuit challenge cause theres no ps store available? Its a $10,000 challenge. xbox 360 users can take the lead on it

bob page

Shapingo said:
I'm guessing this is an xbox360 list (with gears)? I'd love it if the PS3 mass effect 2 was $20
I have both consoles so I was just posting what I saw with no regards to which system they were for. I saw RB3 for PS3, ME2 for 360, Bioshock 2 for both, Shift for both, Dante's Inferno for both (PS3 was the collector's edition), and a few other ones. They also had a bunch of Wii and PSP games but I didn't really bother checking those.

sw33tclyde said:
Is this Kmarts everywhere? Pre-orders only? Or can I walk into my local store and not get looked at like a crazy person when I ask about this?
Yeah, its across the US and I didn't have a preorder. The guy at my store informed me about the deal without me even asking, so I'm assuming most employees will know about it. It's on their official blog if you want to print that out as proof.

They give you a code on your receipt that's good for the $20 gift card. You can use it anytime after this week through July.

But yeah, make sure you join their free rewards program online before going. You can print out a temporary rewards card once you join and use that for your purchase.

Yopis

Wow this game reminds me of old serious PC games. this game doesn't try to be over the top and I love it for that. Amazing

timmy01

Neo Member
sw33tclyde said:
you must be a part of the rewards program. as long as that's the case, yes.. this is the in-store promotion at all kmarts. The exact promotion is a $20 gaming coupon (usually good starting the FOLLOWING sunday for four weeks) and a free game $19.99 or under.

Grisby

Oh god, I is not good Detective.

Other then that its fun, Not far in but the driving is ass; too twitchy. Oh, and there have been some framerate issues (360) but nothing major so far.

Adam J.

I cant tell if the person is lying, or their eyes are just darting around because they're freaking out from witnessing someone get killed...Are they only telling the truth when they are completely straight-faced, and collected?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I got a message from Amazon that it won't be arriving today. For mystery reasons, it's delayed a day or two. It sucks, I actually have tonight free to play it, but Wednesday and Thursday are kinda busy.

Evlar

Banned
BigKaboom2 said:
Question that nobody but me cares about: is there first-person driving?
I know there are alternate cameras while driving. Didn't fiddle with it enough to discover if it includes a driver's seat view.

Top Bottom