• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Cheech

Net_Wrecker said:
The fact that you STILL can't decide answers your question. Just get it on the 360 and have fun.

Yeah, for me I prefer the 360 controller by a long shot, and the PS3 control scheme for this game in particular kind of blows. However, I REALLY only want to have the one disc.

I will flip a coin when I'm ready to buy. Gonna play the Witcher 2 first.

Makoto

Justin.tv telling users not to broadcast LA Noir until further notice.

They haven't said anything about LA Noire, so keep broadcasting.

bob page

So KMart is running a pretty great promo for the launch of this game.

If you sign up for their free rewards program, you get a $20 gift card off a future purchase and a free $20 game with the purchase of LA Noire.

At my KMart, they had a pretty good selection of free games (I got Bioshock 2).
-Mass Effect 2
-Splinter Cell Conviction
-Rock Band 3
-Dantes Inferno
-Gears of War 2
-etc

Mechanical problems on the plane carrying my copy have prevented it from reaching me today. Bummer. I wish I knew if The Witcher 2 would actually run on my laptop.

can anyone comment on how many interior locations there are like diners, stores that kind of thing? is it a mafia 2 kind of vibe open world like?

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
bob page said:
So KMart is running a pretty great promo for the launch of this game.

If you sign up for their free rewards program, you get a $20 gift card off a future purchase and a free $20 game with the purchase of LA Noire.

At my KMart, they had a pretty good selection of free games (I got Bioshock 2).
-Mass Effect 2
-Splinter Cell Conviction
-Rock Band 3
-Dantes Inferno
-Gears of War 2
-etc
Yup can't wait to pick up my copy later today! I got this paid off with coupons already ;) also I wonder if they're giving any swag out with this game? When I picked up mortal kombat they gave out awesome t shirts.

dvolovets

Holy shit @ the music. It's incredibly rare to find this kind of music out there. You'd think actual noirs would have similar sounding music, but a lot of the real noir soundtracks are full of schmaltzy orchestral stuff. This sounds more like the music from Chinatown, which is about as noir as a noir soundtrack can get. Excellent, excellent stuff.

Just snagged my copy and a promotional behind-the-scenes booklet at Gamestop. "The Fallen Idol" seems to be the most failed case on the Rockstar Social Club. I wonder why that is.

JoeBoy101

Really got to say, I love the packaging on this one. The Badge Pursuit Challenge is pretty awesome with the envelope and photo negatives of the locations. Also, color manual, gleeeee!

moai

i'm thinking on importing the game, asia version is region free and comes with the 2 cases that are exclusive to some shops in the us (naked city and slip tongue). but i'm worried the codes are region locked. any thoughts on this? (xbox version btw)

AEREC

moai said:
is anyone playing with sound and vibrating clues off? i read is the way to play but is anyone having difficulties playing like this?

First thing I did in the game was turn the Clue vibration off, made the combat unskippable, and turned the music on so it continuously plays even after you found all the clues (only other option was auto which turns the music off when you've found all clues).

Loving the game so far...just got the traffic desk.

Barrett2

Amazon says it won't be delivered until tomorrow. I guess I accidentally selected one day shipping instead of release day shipping. So I paid $6 more and get it one day later. Damn.

kaskade

JoeBoy101 said:
Really got to say, I love the packaging on this one. The Badge Pursuit Challenge is pretty awesome with the envelope and photo negatives of the locations. Also, color manual, gleeeee!
I've said it before but one thing I love about rockstar is their packaging stuff. They don't skimp out on a 4 page b/w manual.

LProtag

will52 said:
Love the game so far. Only complaint is the save system.

Still waiting for my copy. UPS usually gets here about an hour to two hours after now...

Anyway, what's wrong with the save system?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
InsertNameHere said:
Still waiting for my copy. UPS usually gets here about an hour to two hours after now...

Anyway, what's wrong with the save system?

Picked up my 360 copy at Gamestop Canada. Cover is gold embossed with English/French colour manual. Also includes The Naked City and the badge pursuit challenge.

Edit: Currently installing disc's. A pain, but I'm getting some work done in the mean time.

Also quoted the wrong guy.

TimeLike

Gooster said:
Just snagged my copy and a promotional behind-the-scenes booklet at Gamestop. "The Fallen Idol" seems to be the most failed case on the Rockstar Social Club. I wonder why that is.
Thought you couldn't fail cases.

Einbroch

Banned
Save system is auto-save only, and sometimes it does it at weird spots. Sometimes it doesn't save when it should (after an interrogation, for example).

LProtag

I have a set of juice glasses I got for 10 dollars at... Christmas Tree Shop, I think.

It's got little small glasses for wine, short fat glasses for stuff like whiskey and coke, and long glasses for... whatever drinks you put in long glasses that I don't drink.

All the class I'll ever need.

My copy arrived from Amazon earlier today (freakin love Amazon). Ps3 version, about a 4 - 5 minute install. Didn't play it at all though, had to head back to work.

Tucah

you speak so well
I've been on a complete blackout for this game - hell, I barely knew any of the mechanics or anything, just the basic premise and that it sounded like a game I would love. Well, a few hours in and I'm blown away. This game is fantastic - every type of gameplay is a ton of fun (interrogations, driving, shooting, chasing, searching for clues, all great), the music and graphics (specifically the absolutely incredible facial expressions) are top notch and the voice acting is some of the best I've heard in a game.

Well done, Bondi, well done.

Slaylock

FatBaby said:
Package got delayed because of some mechanical problem with UPS. Sigh :/
Mine as well. I'm a bit surprised UPS doesn't take some action to make the scheduled delivery. My copy has been sitting in Albuquerque since 6:23 AM and hasn't moved since. Don't they have other flights they could put it on and get it on a truck today?

I guess I don't understand how their delivery system works.

timmy01

Neo Member
TimeLike said:
Thought you couldn't fail cases.
You can't fail cases. You can die or get game over. If that makes sense. It's not like a LucasArts adventure game where you simply cannot die. However at no point are you unable to solve a case and you have to get to the end of the case (success) to proceed.

The Lamp

Amir0x said:
Dang Consol Car Case, Naked City Case AND Badge Pursuit. Guess Gamestop was the way to go

LAME I CAN'T DOWNLOAD THESE CAUSE PS STORE IS DOWN

But no $15 gift-card or free-shipping/tax!

Hurry, make me feel better about buying from Amazon :C

LProtag

Slaylock said:
Mine as well. I'm a bit surprised UPS doesn't take some action to make the scheduled delivery. My copy has been sitting in Albuquerque since 6:23 AM and hasn't moved since. Don't they have other flights they could put it on and get it on a truck today?

I guess I don't understand how their delivery system works.

Seems like the plane that is near the Amazon distribution center where all of the LA Noire copies were coming from in your region got delayed, or at least the plane from near that distribution center headed towards your region.

Really sucks.

styl3s

Is there a limited edition guide? cause i pre-ordered the LE OSG at GS and when i went to pick up the game and guide they gave me a normal guide.

Top Bottom