• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

TheExodu5

Banned
Here are the triggers I got:

pelican_triggers.jpg

i can tell a good game from gaf community when most of the thread is complaining about not receiving their copy of the game.

same happened with rdr, batman aa, etc.. i guess i'll order mine today

dvolovets

I have a question about one of the first cases.
The case with Adrian kind of ended abruptly with him just being arrested for fraud. What about, y'know, the blood-soacked car?

Amir0x

Banned
Pretty sweet how the case summary gives you little tips on what would have happened differently. "Suspect would have done X if you would have done Y."

Veeerry nice. A window into missed opportunities.

dvolovets said:
I have a question about one of the first cases.
The case with Adrian kind of ended abruptly with him just being arrested for fraud. What about, y'know, the blood-soacked car?

Forgot about the pigs blood?

cackhyena

Gotta say, I wasn't feeling the game at first. Screwing up on the questioning and just not feeling the controls. Once I hit the first detective case, things juts flipped. I'm getting sucked in here. So good.

JambiBum

dvolovets said:
I didn't see that at all... then again, I totally screwed up questioning that guy in the bar.
Did you
find the receipt for the pig in the trunk?
If you didn't then that would explain why you got confused.

dvolovets

JambiBum said:
Did you
find the receipt for the pig in the trunk?
If you didn't then that would explain why you got confused.
I did, but
it wasn't elaborated on any further for some reason. I'm guessing I should have questioned the guy in the bar properly

Plasmid

Some things i don't care for are how fast you got promoted, i know this isn't a rockstar game, but RDR and GTA had enormous amounts of missions to do, 21 cases seems.. short. :/.

You get promoted too fast in my opinion.

e:

Anyone who has codes they don't want for 360, i will happily take <3.

dvolovets said:
I did, but
it wasn't elaborated on any further for some reason. I'm guessing I should have questioned the guy in the bar properly

I think they straight up tell you that the blood was swine blood when you drive to the mans apartment

Amir0x

Banned
Plasmid said:
Some things i don't care for are how fast you got promoted, i know this isn't a rockstar game, but RDR and GTA had enormous amounts of missions to do, 21 cases seems.. short. :/.

You get promoted too fast in my opinion.

This game is massive. Cases in L.A. Noire can last over an hour, compared to 15 mins max for any GTA case.

For a single player game, it's 20~25 hours long with little side missions and landmarks to extend your play if you choose.

If this has been posted, apologies:

K-Mart is doing a deal where if you purchase L.A. Noire between today and Saturday, May 21, they will give you a $20 credit towards your next video game purchase good through July 2. Also, you get any video game valued at $19.99 or less of your choice for free.

You have to be a K-Mart "Shop Your Way" reward member, but signing up is free.

AnEternalEnigma said:

K-Mart is doing a deal where if you purchase L.A. Noire between today and Saturday, May 21, they will give you a $20 credit towards your next video game purchase good through July 2. Also, you get any video game valued at $19.99 or less of your choice for free.

I think you have to be some sort of kmart club member to get that deal.

JambiBum

LyleLanley said:
I think they straight up tell you that the blood was swine blood when you drive to the mans apartment

The guy in the bar
tells you that he killed the pig, but only if you question him correctly.
If he screwed up questioning him then that explains why he didn't understand the outcome fully.

Amir0x

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:

daaang

Amir0x

Banned
shit i go to K-Mart for more of my in person game shopping than anywhere else. They're amazing with that shit. I get a coupon off next purchase almost every time.

Gary Whitta said:
Do those triggers clip on, or is there some kind of adhesive?

They are clip on. They stay on pretty good and only way I could use DS3 without getting frustrated with the trigger. I suppose you could super-glue them on if you want it to be permanent.

AnEternalEnigma said:

Could I buy a $20 XBL points card with that $20 credit?

Might cancel my other order and go to the hood and get this deal.

Hahaha, holy shit this is a big install. I've got this cram-a-lammed onto my poor 20GB HDD and an extra flash drive like a fat guy in coach. I actually don't think I'll have room for the free case if I keep everything installed.

Has anyone gotten the gamestop version with the exclusive Naked City case? If so, does the code for the case just come on a piece of paper inside the box? How do they verify that you haven't claimed the code if you go to return the game? Couldn't you claim the code then return the game with the paper still in the box, but now invalid, and continue to play the game with a different version of the game that you purchased?

Cant even play today, went to the midnight launch and everything. I forgot my girlfriend has school tonight so im home with a 7 month old and a 2 year old looking at the gamecase. Ill probaly install the discs and download the DLC. Hope you all are enjoying the game, and sorry to you who ordered on amazon and didnt get it delivered.

So the PS3 exclusive is a redeemable code? Maybe there will be some luck it pops up on xbox live in the future.

For those that got delayed by Amazon, contact customer service about it and they should give you $5-$10 back as an apology. I got $10 this morning, so that makes it a total of $25 when factoring in the $15 pre-order bonus. For that, I can wait a couple of days.

JambiBum

Joe Shlabotnik said:
Hahaha, holy shit this is a big install. I've got this cram-a-lammed onto my poor 20GB HDD and an extra flash drive like a fat guy in coach. I actually don't think I'll have room for the free case if I keep everything installed.
Why do you still have a 20GB HDD? I don't understand!

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Gary Whitta said:
Are the PDP triggers from Best Buy any good?

Yeah they're great triggers. They clip on so if you do drop your controller they'll come off, but don't worry as they don't budge at all when you are using the controller. Very solid and worth the purchase.

Top Bottom