• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Tamanon

Banned
cpp_is_king said:
Has anyone gotten the gamestop version with the exclusive Naked City case? If so, does the code for the case just come on a piece of paper inside the box? How do they verify that you haven't claimed the code if you go to return the game? Couldn't you claim the code then return the game with the paper still in the box, but now invalid, and continue to play the game with a different version of the game that you purchased?

Well, I thought Gamestop had a no returns policy for new games.

It does come on a paper in the box.

Doctor West said:
For those that got delayed by Amazon, contact customer service about it and they should give you $5-$10 back as an apology. I got $10 this morning, so that makes it a total of $25 when factoring in the $15 pre-order bonus. For that, I can wait a couple of days.

Thanks, just did this. I'm pretty freaking pissed, 2 guys in my office just got their copy today and we all had it shipped to the same physical address (our office). What's worse, they placed their orders after I did.

Mayyhem

So I got my 360 copy but I wont be able to play until tonight.

In order to get the installation benefits for the entire game do I have to first install all 3 discs one by one ? Then proceed to play the game (and swap discs when prompted)?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshichan said:
I'm still in media blackout for this game... seen 0 gameplay and probably 30 seconds of cutscenes. Does this game use the Euphoria engine?

Tobor

cpp_is_king said:
Has anyone gotten the gamestop version with the exclusive Naked City case? If so, does the code for the case just come on a piece of paper inside the box? How do they verify that you haven't claimed the code if you go to return the game? Couldn't you claim the code then return the game with the paper still in the box, but now invalid, and continue to play the game with a different version of the game that you purchased?
Yeah, there's a slip of paper in the case with the download code, and an envelope filled with black and white film negatives, which I'm guessing point to badge locations?

Of course, I can't download it yet, thanks Sony.

Vega

jergrah said:
Joke post?

Its been down for 3+ weeks.

Sorry first game i've played in 4 months plus. I didn't keep myself updated on the PSN situation. Thought they fixed the store already. my bad.

jergrah

Vega said:
Sorry first game i've played in 4 months plus. I didn't keep myself updated on the PSN situation. Thought they fixed the store already. my bad.

No worries - PSN just came back up a couple of days ago. No definitive word on when the Store will be up yet though.

Gary Whitta said:
So if I play on PS3 I won't be able to get my Amazon bonus until the PSN store is back up?

From my experience, don't even bother hitting the button to connect to the PSN Store because it froze my game up.

Tobor

Gary Whitta said:
So if I play on PS3 I won't be able to get my Amazon bonus until the PSN store is back up?
Looks that way, yeah. Trying to redeem codes leads to the infamous "This service is currently undergoing maintenance" message.

Fjordson said:
I don't really see the issue in that, though I'll admit I'm probably in the minority. I can't remember the last time I revisited a game. Just isn't my thing.

i very rarely do that myself, i would have like to with this one, the atmosphere is topnotch!

Digishine

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
DELIVERY! Now only the final decision remains!

The decision is easy good sir.

U take the xbox 360 version and i'll take the ps3 version of your hands.

Everyone Win ! U get a good feeling helping some guy
And i'm happy cause i get the ps3 version.

On topic. Can anyone tell me how many gb the install is on the ps3 ?

Mindman

I haven't gotten a delay e-mail from Amazon, but when I check the status of the tracking # it says this:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Anyone seen this? I'm guessing this is not a good sign for delivery today. :(

The Lamp said:
It's almost 6:30! Delivery was promised to me by 3!
UPS what are you doing to me!!!??

What does your tracking # say?

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Played for 3 hours & it has already exceeded my expectations. The tutorial cases were very tame, but the few traffic cases I've done have been incredible. Searching for clues and getting the right responses out of suspects is very satisfying. Even the smallest of characters feel well defined & believable - the performances are great.

My only complaints are small - I personally dislike the arcade-style driving, & in the last case I did a cutscene seemed out of place based on what I had found previously.

Overall, this game is awesome!

Doctor West said:
For those that got delayed by Amazon, contact customer service about it and they should give you $5-$10 back as an apology. I got $10 this morning, so that makes it a total of $25 when factoring in the $15 pre-order bonus. For that, I can wait a couple of days.

Just got off the phone, $10 added to my account for my troubles. Thanks for the heads up!

Lionel Mandrake said:
Currently investigating the
shoestore shooting

Reaction thus far: OHMYGOD! I'MAPOLICEDETECTIVE! THISISSOCOOL!

So, I just accidentally read that; I'm guessing it's no biggie in terms of spoilerage?

The Lamp

Mindman said:
I haven't gotten a delay e-mail from Amazon, but when I check the status of the tracking # it says this:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Anyone seen this? I'm guessing this is not a good sign for delivery today. :(

What does your tracking # say?

"Out for delivery" since 8AM :C

Top Bottom