• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy

Banned
omgimaninja said:
~Puyo's TF2 Of the Year Awards~

Worst Admin: Icy

I'd like to take this time, to thank all of you assholes who voted for me.

Without you, I wouldn't have this much terrorizing the whiners.

Medics and Spies removed. Class limit 0. Zilch. Nada. Yay :D

Oreoleo

I just got kicked for someone else's reserved slot. Right as I was about to uber. I got to play maybe 10 minutes. That was totally stupid.

Icy

Banned
Orellio said:
I just got kicked for someone else's reserved slot. Right as I was about to uber. I got to play maybe 10 minutes. That was totally stupid.

damn. Shoulda requested a reserve slot.

Lol Icy is on a fucking rampage. Get back in the game so i can bitchslap you back down to earth =)
Edit: damn cant even get into the server with 22/24. How much you charging for a slot? =P
-ULcajun

Firestorm

jeremy70583 said:
Lol Icy is on a fucking rampage. Get back in the game so i can bitchslap you back down to earth =)
Edit: damn cant even get into the server with 22/24. How much you charging for a slot? =P
-ULcajun

Free, just PM him your SteamID

1-D_FTW

Hitokage said:
They're just my bane. I honestly think that every class except maybe pyro could make a case for being "overpowered", but the class that I have the most trouble with are demomen. ;)

Yes. They pyros are definitely underpowered. On the plus side, the last week, I've noticed pyros coming at me in pairs... A LOT. You could be a lot more effective with that strategy, so hopefully they're onto something.

Capndrake

Got The Orange Box today and haven't even played anything except Team Fortress 2 (And about 10 minutes of Peggle) yet (If you've played the past few hours you probably saw me). Fantastic game, will probably be playing for a long time.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
New update:

Team Fortress 2

* Sudden Death mode is now a server option (a convar) and defaults to OFF
* Sapped buildings now take slightly less damage from the Spy who sapped them
* The Medic's Medigun now charges at an increased rate during Setup time, to remove the need for self-damage grinding
* Fixed an rcon/console command that could cause server crashes
* Prevented players from playing the "civilian" class
* Prevented players from hiding their name in the scoreboard
* Fixed exploit where the Medigun UberCharge wouldn't drain if you switched weapons
* Fixed decals not being correctly applied to the world in some cases
* Fixed critical bullet tracers not being visible to players other than the firer
* Fixed first person spectator view of the Spy watch not showing the correct cloak value
* Fixed the teleporter's player shaped particles not drawing
* Fixed the flamethrower stuttering when firing directly into a building
* Fixed a rare crash that can happen when a player being healed leaves the server suddenly
* Fixed rocket trail effects sometimes existing permanently in world
* Added effects to players when they earn an achievement, visible to other players nearby
* Tweaked achievement HUD fonts and color palette for more readability
* Improved stat gathering for map play times to increase accuracy
* Improved stat gathering around draws to better understand why they're occurring
* Fixed occasional misreporting of syringe gun & fireaxe damage distances to the stats system
* Fixed an occasional crash caused by an achievement not being found during a game announcement

Dustbowl

* Now waits until either team wins fully before changing to another map on server timelimit expiring
* Teams now score a point per captured control point, rather than per sub round
* Prevented Demomen being able to launch grenades into the stage three alleys while standing at the final cap point
* Fixed gaps in stage gates that allowed snipers to kill defenders during setup
* Fixed several model and brush perch exploits in stage three
* Added stair access to the upper area in stage three after the first cap
* Limited line-of-sight at the first control point in stage 3 to remove a griefable sniper spot

Ooh, they made the self-damaging unnecessary while taking away the stored charge. That's gonna be interesting.

I haven't played TF2 in ages, COD4s rpg elements are stupidly addictive. Must get back into the groove (albeit not with u guys :/ damn usa server and it's 100+ ping)

Firestorm

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Hey Icy, I'm getting an error that says Disconnect: Server uses different class tables. Do you know what causes that?

My friend was getting the same. Seems there's a new update and Icy needs to patch the server. Good changes. No more self-damage for setup time is great =)

I just had an awesome spy round =D

* Sudden Death mode is now a server option (a convar) and defaults to OFF
YES!

* The Medic's Medigun now charges at an increased rate during Setup time, to remove the need for self-damage grinding
YES YES!

* Fixed exploit where the Medigun UberCharge wouldn't drain if you switched weapons
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

keiichi

Capndrake said:
Got The Orange Box today and haven't even played anything except Team Fortress 2 (And about 10 minutes of Peggle) yet (If you've played the past few hours you probably saw me). Fantastic game, will probably be playing for a long time.

Where you the demo that kept killing me?

(i hate you)

Welcome to the server!!

yeb

Dustbowl

* Now waits until either team wins fully before changing to another map on server timelimit expiring
* Teams now score a point per captured control point, rather than per sub round
* Prevented Demomen being able to launch grenades into the stage three alleys while standing at the final cap point
* Fixed gaps in stage gates that allowed snipers to kill defenders during setup
* Fixed several model and brush perch exploits in stage three
* Added stair access to the upper area in stage three after the first cap
* Limited line-of-sight at the first control point in stage 3 to remove a griefable sniper spot

Oh no, I have to test something now....

EDIT:
trickshot.png

NOOOOOOO MY FAVORITE TRICKSHOT! Adding the new stairs (leading up to the ledge just to my right) was plenty to make the alley more balanced, why'd they have to do that too? Demomen on defense were more useful in the alley itself anyway, and now I can't take out a common sentry so easily when I'm on offense. Just last night on my clan server I killed a sentry and 3 people standing the ledge beyond the building, too. :(

Crushed said:
New update:

Ooh, they made the self-damaging unnecessary while taking away the stored charge. That's gonna be interesting.

What do you mean by 'taking away the store charge'?

Oh and Icy, kudo's for fixing the respawn timers and turning reserved slots back on :D

Oreoleo

Richardfun said:
What do you mean by 'taking away the store charge'?

It used to be you could activate your uber and then switch to your needler or bone saw and when you switched back to medigun your uber wouldn't have drained at all. This is no longer true.

Edit: Love the avatar.

After leaving the NeoGAF server, I decided to venture to the 4chan internet hate machine server and got banned. The ban message said, "Abusive," so I am assuming that I have angered an admin (who was a sniper) by saying that I feel like I'm fighting against the old sniper guy from MGS3 (as I was a sniper too). Since another player told me his name, I said, "I just had an old man's brainfart, lol." The situation probably have gotten worse when the admin switched to a soldier (I was still sniper). I managed to dodge all of his rockets, pump some lead into him with the submachine gun, and finish him off with a quick sniper rifle shot. This impressive move then probably prompted him to smack me with the banhammer.

/rant

i dont feel like posting this on 4chan because I fear the wrath of anonymous posters who will call me the n-word or the three letter f-word

I can't believe i was getting owned so badly by a medic/medic combo. :lol

Also marvel at the wonders of my lag... *sigh*
8aprlh4.jpg

That is my dead heavy body on the ground, by the way. :/

KittenMaster said:
Why is he holding an axe? And why is he red?

Wait... Is this the wonders of lag you were talking about?
:lol Yes. I lagged for a few seconds and my team and the entire opposing team turned into red scouts, yet they retained their weapons. I'm guessing the cause is my lousy wireless connection. It happens on aussie servers as well. :/

n0b

Spotless Mind said:
:lol Yes. I lagged for a few seconds and my team and the entire opposing team turned into red scouts, yet they retained their weapons. I'm guessing the cause is my lousy wireless connection. It happens on aussie servers as well. :/
I had something like that happen once, except it stuck until I exited the game. D: I thought someone was hacking at first, because I had just seen one guy, thought he was on my team and he killed me. There were a couple guns moving around without bodies as well.

n0b said:
I had something like that happen once, except it stuck until I exited the game. D: I thought someone was hacking at first, because I had just seen one guy, thought he was on my team and he killed me. There were a couple guns moving around without bodies as well.
Yeah, pretty much what i get. Floating guns, invisible bodies, dispenser shields. It doesn't go away until i exit the server.

Spotless Mind said:
Ah. You should have said so. I thought you were only complaining that lag caused your death until I noticed the axe.

JoeFu

Banned
Tonight was awesome. I'm disappointed that stronghold doesn't play the all your base song every time you capture now :(

Anyways, killing about 20 people with my axe was fun stuff. The team I was on was awesome, we didn't even try, like all of our scores were higher than theirs, yet they still were winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom