• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Borgnine and his dirty crockets. Today's game was INCREDIBLY lagged for me today, especially on high tower, dunno how even played the whole round. Hoodoo was the worst one, so I had to quit.

Seems like it was Chrome that started doing some weird crap and was using a lot of CPU and RAM for some reason.

Yeef

I was actually surprised that they stayed off. Usually when I change a server variable it gets reset at the beginning of the next map. I'd originally turned crits off because the server started with a 3 on 3 arena match and losing 1/3 of your team in arena because of a random crit is no good. I meant to turn them back on but kept forgetting to.

I was playing spy pretty much all night and the lack on animation wasn't nearly as bad as I would have guessed. There was maybe once or twice when it got me killed, but other than that I didn't mind it.

On hightower my framerate was unbearable. It was like 40~50 when I normally get 115~121, but more than being lower it was just unstable. It's happened before and I always assumed it was a problem on my end, but I guess it might be the server. I'll have to see if Remy has any idea what's causing it.

Instro

Yeef said:
I was playing spy pretty much all night and the lack on animation wasn't nearly as bad as I would have guessed. There was maybe once or twice when it got me killed, but other than that I didn't mind it.

Its not bad per say, but it takes some getting used to. Reminds me of how backstabs used to operate a long time ago when you could get them without the animation showing.

Forkball

My framerate was pretty bad too. I don't know if it was the server or if it was because I got a new hard drive. I think I fixed it though, so maybe it's an unrelated issue. And speaking of Hightower, my frame rate drops to like 3 fps after the bomb explodes. Nothing major, but it's just kinda amusing.

Borgnine said:
I for one didn't care for crits being turned off on the server, I'm sure you all agree.

I enjoyed crits being turned off, personally.

Though, I must admit I caught myself thinking once, "Boy, this sure would be a nice time for some random cri---WAITUHMINUTE!"

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Heh, a glitch has turned some Vintage Lugermorphs into normal one. Great way to troll the trading community.

I wonder if Valve will allow you to get the Potato hat months down the row, or if it will be a limited time thing.

Drkirby said:
Heh, a glitch has turned some Vintage Lugermorphs into normal one. Great way to troll the trading community.

I wonder if Valve will allow you to get the Potato hat months down the row, or if it will be a limited time thing.
Probably limited, based on how they do things.

Proven

Sgt.Pepper said:
I guess it wasn't just me then.

So my problems over the weekend may not be my computer's fault, cool.

And I prefer random crits off, honestly. With them off, my deaths tend to be 50% sniper, 25% spy, 25% other. With them on, my deaths are 30% Sniper, 10% Spy, 10% other, and 50% random crits.

Blizzard

Banned
Proven said:
So my problems over the weekend may not be my computer's fault, cool.

And I prefer random crits off, honestly. With them off, my deaths tend to be 50% sniper, 25% spy, 25% other. With them on, my deaths are 30% Sniper, 10% Spy, 10% other, and 50% random crits.
If we keep crits off, can we also get rid of snipers? That would mean your deaths are 50% spy and 50% other, quite reasonable. :D

Clydefrog

Yes, I vote keep random crits ON. I play huntsman sniper 90% of the time so I almost never get to benefit from crits... but it's a part of the game!

edit:

Blizzard said:
If we keep crits off, can we also get rid of snipers? That would mean your deaths are 50% spy and 50% other, quite reasonable. :D

:-O

NO!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I play on both crits and no-crits servers. You just have to learn to not take a broken game like Team Fortress 2 too seriously. They're really just part of the game, and it creates some hilarious moments (not to mention evening out the skill level).

snack

EvilMario said:
I play on both crits and no-crits servers. You just have to learn to not take a broken game like Team Fortress 2 too seriously. They're really just part of the game, and it creates some hilarious moments (not to mention evening out the skill level).
TF2 is a broken game?

leroidys

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeessss. I finally got beaux and arrow today. 100% of the sniper achievements, all achieved legitimately.

DogWelder

I need a new class to main, getting tired of playing black box soldier and I don't feel like re-learning the class just to play regular rocket launcher and shotty. Maybe pyro...hmm.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
esc said:
I need a new class to main, getting tired of playing black box soldier and I don't feel like re-learning the class just to play regular rocket launcher and shotty. Maybe pyro...hmm.
Becoming great with the Pyro is an awesome feeling. All a team needs sometimes is a smart Pyro who annoys the shit out of the other team.

esc said:
Play regular launcher/gunboats/equalizer soldier. You can hop around the map with almost no penalty, and you have all 4 shots for taking out any class.

DogWelder

opticalmace said:
Play regular launcher/gunboats/equalizer soldier. You can hop around the map with almost no penalty, and you have all 4 shots for taking out any class.
I would actually have to get good at soldier then. Black Box + Buff Banner is a lazy man's soldier.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Yeef turns crits back on, my first rocket of the night is a blind crit rocket out of the spawn gate right to Yeef's face. It was... beautiful.

Blizzard

Banned
Borgnine said:
Yeef turns crits back on, my first rocket of the night is a blind crit rocket out of the spawn gate right to Yeef's face. It was... beautiful.
Hahahaha.

It took many long years to collect enough metal without idling and whatnot. Thanks to Oreo for trading me a spy weapon at the end so I could finish crafting. :D

6A20FE361A2FE5410C7BC513B7B24497EA3C9717

Trying for the first time:
4E8EBEFD66303E1189C00E1FF2301D8794C3CE71

Unfortunately my attempts for the rest of that map weren't as good, but it's still fun. And yes, it's basically cheating with the dead ringer. :X

I need one more reclaimed to make a Medic hat. My life as Medic will be complete once I get one. Hopefully it's a good hat. I really want the Geisha one, haha. I smelted a lot of stuff last night...I'm so close!

And I really like that Crashworks map. I'm surprised we don't play it more often. I like how bright and colorful it is.

Speaking of Medic, my fingers are getting faster at clicking keys so I move around better and more smoothly. I'm also better about fleeing sometimes instead of going with a lone teammate and dying.

Yeef

Borgnine said:
The worst part was that I was just about to get uber!

On that note, Dragonlife was awesome tonight since he was pocketing me a bunch of times. It's so rare to get ubers as a Pyro, but I got like 8 or 9 tonight and I was playing pyro the whole time.

dragonlife29 said:
I need one more reclaimed to make a Medic hat. My life as Medic will be complete once I get one. Hopefully it's a good hat. I really want the Geisha one, haha. I smelted a lot of stuff last night...I'm so close!

And I really like that Crashworks map. I'm surprised we don't play it more often. I like how bright and colorful it is.
I can give you Ze Goggles if you can get me a softcap or croc hat (or just two reclaimed).

Clydefrog

dragonlife29 said:

If you want a really fun, pretty, outdoorsy map, try pl_swiftwater. I've just played cashworks too much these days...

tlGLS.jpg

Sure, I'll give you two reclaimed, Yeef. Thanks! I like Ubering Pyros because they're fast and deadly, especially on Engineer buildings (we got quite a few). Plus, I'm used to you and trust you, so there's that, too. It helps that you let me know when to hit it, too (I laughed so hard when that crit rocket got you when the round started).

Same goes for Borgnine. I've Ubered you before, I think, and you're a damn good Soldier. Plus, as Medic, you get to see how your teammates act and make decisions from that on who to Uber (when not in a pinch).

And I like to heal everyone when I can. I feel so guilty when someone's calling me but it won't heal them for some reason (input lag?) and then they die.

EDIT: That map looks awesome, too :eek:

commissar said:
I think crits are great as they keep it kinda casual instead of being too serious a server.
Yeah, they help people who can't get several shots on target in a row with a chance of killing someone.

Yeef

Wolf Akela said:
Seems like a permanent price drop. The price isn't displayed as a slashed one, and it's no on the specials list.
Yeah, that's what I figured. It makes sense considering it's been that price at retail (Amazon) for ages and ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom