• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionic

Drkirby said:
A few of these look like they could pass for TF2 Achievements

Rush_potato.png

Mainly the Band Aid and the Tea. I was thinking a few days ago the Spy or Medic should have a cup of Tea as a food item, I just couldn't think of anything it could do.

These symbolize games in the Potato ARG. They can be found in other games that were updated too. Then again, I'm not exactly sure what they all mean yet.

http://valvearg.info/wiki/Glyphs

Forkball said:
He explained it in his post.

Anyways, if ballad isn't a lying asshole, I suspect it would be released on Thursday since I don't think they'd upload the items before the drop count resets for this week. It would also make sense to have the update hit Thursday, and then have a TF2 weekend deal/free weekend on the same day.
I'm not lying, but remember, it's all rumors from various people, so all or part of it may not be true

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
balladofwindfishes said:
I'm not lying, but remember, it's all rumors from various people, so all or part of it may not be true
"Suckers"

Edit: Someone pointed out that in the new portal clip there are Red and Blue color torrents. Could imply there may just be a Portal 2 torrent preorder item, and they do look like they would fit in more in those colors.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Drkirby said:
"Suckers"

Edit: Someone pointed out that in the new portal clip there are Red and Blue color torrents. Could imply there may just be a Portal 2 torrent preorder item, and they do look like they would fit in more in those colors.
Calling it now: one of the new Engie items is a Portal turret

Dug

Banned
Clydefrog said:
What's it say?! This website is obviously blocked at work.
How does this blog thing work again?
April 5, 2011 - TF2 Team

Here's an update of some happenings in the TF2 community:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S24TsiwsE7M

ChemicalAlia has been working on a female counterpart to the Spy.

Gang Garrison just launched a new classy update with all sorts of new and improved features.

ETF2L finals for the European Highlander Challenge Cup has been completed! SNSD clinched top spot against Colony.

Pubbers vs Pros has also concluded with the pubbers grabbing the win against the pros.

Replays of both the Highlander Challenge and Pubbers vs Pros mentioned tournaments are available here complete with commentary.

Turkeydoesnotwantplz made this sweet minigun to tromp around his neighborhood with. Looks like he needs a couple more sandviches though.

TF2TV is holding a competition for people to create a TF2TV themed poster or wallpaper. Details on their page.
Too lazy to link everything, sorry.

Greyvvolf

Started up TF2 after the update and the notification for the new Potato Hat popped up. I put it on the Heavy to see how it looks and notice the Dealer's Visor is gone from my Backpack. Anybody else have this happen?

Baha

Greyvvolf said:
Started up TF2 after the update and the notification for the new Potato Hat popped up. I put it on the Heavy to see how it looks and notice the Dealer's Visor is gone from my Backpack. Anybody else have this happen?

Seems other people are claiming that they've lost their other promo items after receiving the potato hat. SPUF thread here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1823397

[EDIT] Son of a bitch! My Ellis Cap and frying pan are missing now too. I didn't even buy the potato pack :(

Yeef

Baha said:
Seems other people are claiming that they've lost their other promo items after receiving the potato hat. SPUF thread here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1823397

[EDIT] Son of a bitch! My Ellis Cap and frying pan are missing now too. I didn't even buy the potato pack :(
The theory is that all promo items are going to be retroactively turned genuine (assuming you actually got them naturally and not via trade).

Greyvvolf

Yeef said:
The theory is that all promo items are going to be retroactively turned genuine (assuming you actually got them naturally and not via trade).
Going into the Mann Co. Store will bring them back. Weird.

Huh, the Koto noisemaker is already gone from the store. I was going to pick that up with my Humanitarian bundle. I don't even see it listed with the other items in the Shogun bundle.

Also, the pathing for bots was updated on a few maps.

Apparently on those maps the potato light shines brighter in certain corners. I can't deny nor confirm this.

Potato hat is also coded to drop
"name" "Potato Hat"
"hidden" "0"
"item_class" "tf_wearable_item"
"capabilities"
{
"nameable" "1"
"can_gift_wrap" "1"
}
"loadondemand" "1"
"show_in_armory" "1"
"item_type_name" "#TF_Wearable_Hat"
"item_name" "#TF_PotatoHat"
"item_description" "#TF_PotatoHat_Desc"
"item_slot" "head"
"item_quality" "unique"
"image_inventory" "backpack/player/items/all_class/hardhat"
"image_inventory_size_w" "128"
"image_inventory_size_h" "82"
"model_player_per_class"
{
"scout" "models/player/items/scout/hardhat.mdl"
"sniper" "models/player/items/sniper/hardhat.mdl"
"soldier" "models/player/items/soldier/hardhat.mdl"
"demoman" "models/player/items/demo/hardhat.mdl"
"medic" "models/player/items/medic/hardhat.mdl"
"heavy" "models/player/items/heavy/hardhat.mdl"
"spy" "models/player/items/spy/hardhat.mdl"
"engineer" "models/player/items/engineer/hardhat.mdl"
"pyro" "models/player/items/pyro/hardhat.mdl"
}
"drop_type" "drop"
"min_ilevel" "10"
"max_ilevel" "10"
"used_by_classes"
{
"scout" "1"
"sniper" "1"
"soldier" "1"
"demoman" "1"
"medic" "1"
"heavy" "1"
"spy" "1"
"engineer" "1"
"pyro" "1"
}
"visuals"
{
"hide_player_bodygroup_name" "hat"
"hide_player_bodygroup_name" "headphones"
}
"mouse_pressed_sound" "ui/item_helmet_pickup.wav"
"drop_sound" "ui/item_helmet_drop.wav"
}

Greyvvolf

balladofwindfishes said:
Apparently on those maps the potato light shines brighter in certain corners. I can't deny nor confirm this.
The light shines red or blue, depending on what team you're on, in dark areas. Pretty sweet.

Bleh, I'm always the last to get the automated drops for promo items, I swear. I'd be worried if this wasn't the third or fourth time I think.

Oh, and the official wiki is playing along with Valve's obfuscation, so you have to go to a sub-page to actually see information about it. I kind of understand why, but I don't want there to be a time where Valve says, "You can't tell people about this thing we're adding." The nice thing about the wiki is that they did list things Valve forgot to mention or conveniently left out of the patch notes.

Kulock said:
Bleh, I'm always the last to get the automated drops for promo items, I swear. I'd be worried if this wasn't the third or fourth time I think.

Oh, and the official wiki is playing along with Valve's obfuscation, so you have to go to a sub-page to actually see information about it. I kind of understand why, but I don't want there to be a time where Valve says, "You can't tell people about this thing we're adding." The nice thing about the wiki is that they did list things Valve forgot to mention or conveniently left out of the patch notes.
Some people, myself included, want them to just not play along. It's been pretty annoying that you have to go on a treasure hunt to actually find the item on the Wiki, and since the Wiki tends to be no-nonsense with this sort of stuff, it's throwing a lot of people off.

Many are just simply assuming the Wiki doesn't have info on the hat yet, which is not right.

kai3345

Banned
Probably LTTP on this, but holy shit at medival mode :lol

gave me mount and blade vibes

what is there that valve HASNT put into this game?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The hat does indeed reveal glyphs on certain maps.

800px-TF2_glyph_close.jpg

gotee12

Well that was fun... until my Internet dropped. I'm in NC and we had some insane storms last night. Folks are still without power tonight due to last nights apocalyptic weather. Guess I should count myself lucky that it's only my internet having trouble. But I'll be back! This noob actually scored a kill or two.

(posting from the iPhone, in case you're wondering)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
balladofwindfishes said:
That was confirmed to just be a spray

No map textures were edited in the update

Cocks.

Cipherr

kai3345 said:
Probably LTTP on this, but holy shit at medival mode :lol

gave me mount and blade vibes

what is there that valve HASNT put into this game?

They need more than one map for that. I cant find anyone but a single server with it. I would play it more if there were more maps.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I for one didn't care for crits being turned off on the server, I'm sure you all agree.

Blizzard

Banned
Borgnine said:
I for one didn't care for crits being turned off on the server, I'm sure you all agree.
Maybe because you're a dirty soldier? *avatar quote* :p

It's just not the same without Yeef yelling DIRTY CRITS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom