• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Yeef said:
Furnace and Glacier are both Gravelpit types (A+B open, C locked), but unlike gravelpit and broma all points are fairly well balanced as far as defending is concerned. Glacier is a really nice looking map to boot.

Vector is an Attack/Defend map like dustbowl, but with much better level design. Instead of just being a long corridor there's lots of different nooks and routes to find.

Atrophy is a weird CTF map. Rather than the intel being in your base it's on a cart. Both carts roll slowly toward the center. If an intel is taken from a cart the cart stops in its tracks. Once the intel is capped the cart goes backward to the base to get another intel. It's an interesting idea that prevents intel camping, but I'm not sure how practical it is in a real game.

Converge and Deliverance are both single-intel CTF maps. There's just one, team-neutral intel. To cap it you have to grab it and take it into the enemy's base rather than your own. It seems like an interesting mechanic. The intel also respawns very quickly when dropped.

HAARP, Permuda, Slate, Snowdrift are all CTF A/D maps. It works just as it sounds. The intel spawns near blue spawn and they have to carry it to the points to capture them. On HAARP, the intel always spawns at blue spawn, on the others it spawns on the last point that was captured. On Permuda the intel heals whoever is carrying it at the rate of a level 2 dispenser. And on Snowdrift the ammo and health pickups have Gift, hot chocolate, Milk and Cookies, and Roasted turkey skins.

Cranetop is a regular PL map, except that in order to put the cart on the track blue has to first capture a control point at the top of a very high crane.

Waste was mentioned here a few weeks back. Basically it's a 5cp map, but with a cart instead of control points.

Highwind is a PLR map, but when the cart reaches the point it doesn't end the round, it explodes immediately and respawns a the beginning of the track. The first team to get three explosions wins the round.

And finally, Meridian is everyone's favorite mode, total control, but instead of capping points it's ctf. Unlike hydro you do get about 20 seconds of setup time during normal rounds and 1 minute of setup time if you're on the last cap. It's a very pretty map with a submarine, a giant robot and some other cool-looking things.

Most of these sound pretty awesome. I was out until late last night but maybe I'll come on tonight and nominate a few.

Ceebs

ArtistDude88 said:
I have the most amazing idea for a map... But it goes way beyond my n00b Hammer skillz. But then again, I've heard that Cashworks is the first map that it's creator made...

With the amazing Brickyard under my belt, WHO KNOWS?!
I feel your pain. I have been thinking about learning to map so that I can make my Redwood Forest inspired payload map.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if Valve will give the ability to paint teddy, ether changing his shirt or hat color (Likey hat color would be best)'

Also, got my Muskelmannbraun paint, now my Potato Hat is Potato colored.

One thing I never noticed, is how much damage the Engi's piste did at close range. Does roughly 120 DPS for 2 seconds, so just fairly good aim can take out most classes in just over a second. This is just as much damage as the shotgun at point blank, and can do more damage then the wrench if it doesn't critical hit, but its a bit hard to make all the shots connect.

I decided to put up my Googly Gazer just to see if I got any interesting offers, and it's fun having to sort through junk like this:

=ADK= Amba made an offer (4 hours ago), but withdrew it.

HOLY SHIT GUYS LOOK A CRAFTABLE, DROPPABLE CRATE MISC. ITEM HOLY SHIT I WANT NO LESS THAN 4 BUDS FOR LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL fag

I did forget the Googly Gazer was in the newest series of crates, which sucks, but I just love having to hear people's opinions on the rarity of my item, even though I just listed "Offers" and that I wasn't going to part with it easily.

Edit: Wow, you can feel the hat rage.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, he is raging. If anything, he is trying to keep the Bills hats and ear buds artificially high, despite them being two of the most common items in the game. They are finite in amount, but things like the Monday Night Combat items are rarer. (Though only the Scouts socks are any good, the caps are mehish)

Oddly, Hero's Hachimaki isn't "worth" that much yet, despite being it looking to be the rarest Promo Hat. Luckily, the Humanitarian's Hachimaki is a nice alternative to me.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Kulock said:
I decided to put up my Googly Gazer just to see if I got any interesting offers, and it's fun having to sort through junk like this:

I did forget the Googly Gazer was in the newest series of crates, which sucks, but I just love having to hear people's opinions on the rarity of my item, even though I just listed "Offers" and that I wasn't going to part with it easily.

Edit: Wow, you can feel the hat rage.

I hear ya. I think people have a few too many hats shoved up with ***es. I mean, hat collecting is fun, and it does show dedication, but something people are just a tad sensitive over trading and just any ordeal.

By the way, just because it is in the new crate series does not mean that you shouldn't receive a fair price for it since it is fairly new. I remember people wanting berliner's and other medieval hats for 1-2 refined, but there still weren't enough in circulation for the price to drop.

New items are cool, but I still prefer just playing the game and having fun with my fellow GAF-fers

Ceebs

Drkirby said:
Yeah, he is raging. If anything, he is trying to keep the Bills hats and ear buds artificially high, despite them being two of the most common items in the game. They are finite in amount, but things like the Monday Night Combat items are rarer. (Though only the Scouts socks are any good, the caps are mehish)
I traded away the socks without regret, but I like the green hat.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
Well, it was an awesome animal. I thought about going back to Kirby. I hope you can stand the change for now. =(
For now, yeah, but I think a few weeks after Portal 2 is out would be a good time to change.

And now anther Scribblenauts avatar is gone. I hope they come out with a 3DS version just to give me an excuse to bust out my Scribblenauts Drkirby :D

drk.gif

And if Good Feel makes anther Yarn Game (Could not get a blink animation to look right though)
f9jhv91.gif

And what I use on steam
thdr0qi.gif

Also have this one I made up and never used, may toss it up if anther Classic Mega Man game gets announced (Though I am not to sure how many people will spot this is based of the Mega Man 6 Intro)
megamanavatar.png

I need a good steam avatar. Speaking of Portal, I recently got my GF addicted to it, and was able to parlay that into getting her Portal 2 for her bday. Go me.

Damn, it's been pretty hard for me to use the Saharan Spy with DR. I'm too used to disguise>kill engineer>sap sentry quick, not waiting to get a disguise.

I did have quite a success with the normal watch though.

Those angles...

I'd probably kill myself if I tried that with my current Soldier skills. Too close to the structure for comfort! I actually didn't even know we could reach where you are from the bottom. I'm glad I discovered that and took down the sentry.

Forkball

Borgnine said:
LG4oY.gif

Who says I rely on random crits! Hahahah, BOOM!
Nice. Strangely enough, I've never gotten the achievement where you kill three people with one crit rocket, but I've done it numerous times with regular rockets.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Sgt.Pepper said:
What is the average number rockets you have to use to kill Wartime?

1 crit, this is the only way.

In addition to the fact that he's goddamn human flak cannon with those airbursts, he does this little side to side hippity hoppity move. So I try to anticipate him to the left but then he jumps to the right and vice-versa, and I can never get it to match up.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Sgt.Pepper said:
What is the average number rockets you have to use to kill Wartime?

Wartime is darned near impossible to kill. When he switches to demo, watch out. That means he's out for blood and taking no prisoners.

Nice clip Borg!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Borgnine said:
LG4oY.gif

Who says I rely on random crits! Hahahah, BOOM!
Oh god that map went so badly for Blu. Between that and the shutout at Mountain Lab, I had to just stop playing for the night, I was getting far to frustrated to have fun. Should of likely just switched classes, but uh.

Yeef

The trick to killing Wartime is to play the instant kill classes. Spy and Sniper are his only weaknesses (assuming he's playing Demo).

Baha

Yeef said:
The trick to killing Wartime is to play the instant kill classes. Spy and Sniper are his only weaknesses (assuming he's playing Demo).

I've killed him using scout, but I was like a squirrel so that helped.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Yeef said:

Good call Yeef. I'm not good at either haha. I guess I will just have to improve my scout skills until I am as good as Yeef or Accidante

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeef said:
I actually managed to hit him with the flare gun on Frontier last night and he died like twenty seconds later from the afterburn. I was like "...really?"

Blizzard

Banned
One day I'll gather around all my grandchildren, and tell them our great tales of how we -almost- killed Wartime, but he got away.

DogWelder

Nikolai13 said:
I'd seriously hate to go against the best players of each class on the GAF server. It would be interesting though
demo - wartime
pyro - Crushed
heavy - n0b
sniper - Nero
spy - ArtistDude
engineer - Wagosto
medic - Java

From what I can remember at least. Not including Silencer 'cause he rarely plays on GAF anymore. If he did, he'd prolly be the best at three of those classes at least.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
esc said:
demo - wartime
pyro - Crushed
heavy - n0b
sniper - Nero
spy - ArtistDude
engineer - Wagosto
medic - Java

From what I can remember at least. Not including Silencer 'cause he rarely plays on GAF anymore. If he did, he'd prolly be the best at three of those classes at least.

Silencer is no question a beast. I like your choices. You forgot soldier and scout:
soldier - doug welder
scout - yeef/accidante

I'd have a tough time choosing between Oreo and Nob for heavy

webrunner said:
Hey, anyone want to trade for a crate 16? I just got my first crate and don't really care to buy keys.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/webrunner is my backpack

Did you take a really long break or something? I can't see how you just got your first crate with all those items.

Anyways, crate value is the lowest. It's usually a number of them for a scrap. You can do a 1:1 crate trade though crates that don't drop anymore can be worth a scrap.

webrunner

Wolf Akela said:
Did you take a really long break or something? I can't see how you just got your first crate with all those items.

Anyways, crate value is the lowest. It's usually a number of them for a scrap. You can do a 1:1 crate trade though crates that don't drop anymore can be worth a scrap.

I've played a bunch... for some reason it just never dropped it (or a hat)

I did take a bit of a break recently but crates and hats were both before that.

But yeah I know they're not worth much, I was just wondering if anyone was dying for one or something :p

Yeef

Nikolai13 said:
Silencer is no question a beast. I like your choices. You forgot soldier and scout:
soldier - doug welder
scout - yeef/accidante

I'd have a tough time choosing between Oreo and Nob for heavy
Artistdude is a much better scout than I.

For soldier: Doug Welder, Wartime and Borgnine are all about equal.

Blizzard is a pretty good Heavy, though I don't think anyone can top nob Heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom