• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I wish keys gave me some good shit. Always getting the paint, which I'm lucky enough to trade for a hat instead.

Forkball

I shot that arrow Yeef. I remember it because it was a pretty cool kill. I was on top of a building near their spawn and I saw a heavy shooting in the opposite direction. I jarate'd him, and then killed him with a single arrow. I shot it right on top of him so maybe that's why he got stuck like that. I thought I got it through his head, but maybe not.

I've missed out on the last couple nights of TF2 :( I know ya'll miss me more than Java when he gets team switched, but I've been so tiiiiiired and falling asleep early :p

webrunner

FINALLY GOT A HAT
Y5q4E.jpg

Would have preferred a pyro hat but this is cool too

Is there anyone who is a frequent/new TF2 player, likes soldier, and does not have a decent hat yet? (i.e. you only have the gibus, alien swarm, etc.)

If this description fits you I will give you a free stainless pot for the soldier. Please only ask if you don't already have a hat, and have put in at least some hours. Send me a PM!

Edit: Done

gotee12 said:
Are pink paints rare? It was literally the first drop I got and I have no use for it.
Pink as Hell never drops. You can only get it from crates.

Salmon Injustice looks kinda like pink, but it drops.

gotee12

Wolf Akela said:
Pink as Hell never drops. You can only get it from crates.

Salmon Injustice looks kinda like pink, but it drops.
Yeah, I see what I mistyped. Sorry. I did get pink as hell from a crate.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
ArtistDude88 said:
I've missed out on the last couple nights of TF2 :( I know ya'll miss me more than Java when he gets team switched, but I've been so tiiiiiired and falling asleep early :p

I miss thee Artist DOOOOOOOOOOOD. You were selected top spy :D
Javaman was on last night too, but left :(

gotee12

Kulock said:
I gotta stay away from GAF during meetings. I saw your reply and busted out laughing. Everyone turned to look at me and asked what I found so funny about the cost saving benefits of proper fleet management....

Blizzard

Banned
gibration said:
So I just bought two keys for the hell of it but I don't know which crates I should open. Any ideas?
Here's my backpack: http://www.tf2items.com/id/gibration
Any series 9 crates are guaranteed to have at least paint and at best a hat. Otherwise it's luck of the draw since I think all other crates have 2-3 options for normal weapons (of various values I guess?).

If you want a recent crate and/or series 9, let me know and I'd give you some in exchange for an item or two. :)

Blizzard

Banned
gibration said:
I decided to open up both of my Series #9 crates and I got Pink as Hell and Drably Olive. Yay?
Hey, at least you didn't get an Equalizer, which would have been what you got from any other crate. ;p Also, Pink as Hell supposedly only comes from crates so I guess it's rare-ish. Maybe someone would want to trade!

Ceebs

Blizzard said:
Hey, at least you didn't get an Equalizer, which would have been what you got from any other crate. ;p Also, Pink as Hell supposedly only comes from crates so I guess it's rare-ish. Maybe someone would want to trade!
It goes for a refined on a trade server, so it's worth like 1/3 of a good hat.

Yeef

dragonlife29 said:
Wait, what hat?
You get the alien swarm parasite for beating two missions in alien swarm. It takes all of 10 minutes. Everyone already has one and it's not all that great a hat.

I'm skipping Team Fortress 2 for a bit. I'm getting a little tired of it, I'm going to catch up with other games instead, at least for this week.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
That's not accurate since it needs at least 2 sentries outside spawn, and 1-3 sentries in the intel room. Also, snipers use the lower fort doors and occasionally aim down, so the scout wouldn't be safe.

People need to make versions of 2fort with 2-3 bridges and multiple tunnels to the intel! They probably already have but it was too confusing or something.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
Fun fact: Last night was the first time the server ever played arena_badlands
I can say with 100% certainty that that is incorrect. Your site sucks and you should feel bad.

Also, I can definitely vouch for badwater being up there. When i was going through the stats to compare auto-scramble vs. no scramble there was on night where we played badwater 3 times.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
I can say with 100% certainty that that is incorrect. Your site sucks and you should feel bad.

Also, I can definitely vouch for badwater being up there. When i was going through the stats to compare auto-scramble vs. no scramble there was on night where we played badwater 3 times.
Are you sure the GAF server in its current incarnation has played Arena Badlands since going live? I mean, I know we do CP_Badlands fairly often, but not the Arena version. Maybe when maps fall off that list the stats are cleared.

I guess the quickest way to test is when I get home to switch the map to brickyard and see what it says, since that map has fallen off.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
Are you sure the GAF server in its current incarnation has played Arena Badlands since going live? I mean, I know we do CP_Badlands fairly often, but not the Arena version. Maybe when maps fall off that list the stats are cleared.

I guess the quickest way to test is when I get home to switch the map to brickyard and see what it says, since that map has fallen off.
I'm positive we've played arena_badlands before. Fairly recently as well (maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago). I'm not at home right now, but I have my TF2 set to take a screenshot of the scoreboard at the end of every round and when I was doing the scramble stats at least one of them was arena_badlands.

The other thing to consider is that the server is set to start on badwater, which means every time the server is restarted we're on badwater, even if we change the map immediately afterward.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Just anecdotally, I think the most played maps are Steel, Thunder Mountain, and Upward. I don't believe that Gold Rush is the second most played map, no way. Also "anecdodally" is not a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom