• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

New map tonight! I'm putting up a custom map that LeMeilleur put together... plr_2Fort_b3.

It's not on any DL sites yet, but the size is fairly reasonable (18megs) so you can just grab it off the GAF server.

Each cart starts in the teams base at the top of the water stairs. It goes out across the bridge then to the right into the yard and up a ramp to the back stairs. After plummeting down to the enemy's basement resupply it moves into the ex-flag room for the final cap.

I'll keep the map running on the server for a couple of hours in case anyone wants to go ahead and mess around with it or just grab the map.

Yeef

Javaman said:
New map tonight! I'm putting up a custom map that LeMeilleur put together... plr_2Fort_b3.

It's not on any DL sites yet, but the size is fairly reasonable (18megs) so you can just grab it off the GAF server.

The Each cart starts in the teams base at the top of the water stairs. It goes out across the bridge then to the right into the yard and up a ramp to the back stairs. After plummeting down to the enemy's basement resupply it moves into the ex-flag room for the final cap.

I'll keep the map running on the server for a couple of hours in case anyone wants to go ahead and mess around with it or just grab the map.
What ever happened with that minecraft map? I don't think we've ever played it. At least not when I was around.

Yeef

It's already crowded with just 8 of us. It'll be crazy with 24.

Also, the basement really needs to be open.

Twig

Banned
Javaman said:
Damn, I was gonna try my hand at making a map for the first time with this idea. (n0b gave me the idea, though, but I was gonna make it better.)
Yeef said:
This is the one I want to get (and probably will whenever it's on sale/drops price: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HWRJBM/?tag=neogaf0e-20
EW WIRELESS LAG KILL FPS SKILLZ ONG

For DrKirby:

Put this in Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\rocketdarkness\team fortress 2\tf\cfg\autoexec.cfg. If it doesn't exist, make it. You can replace c with whichever button you want for chat.

// toggle voicechat
alias togglevoice "+voicerecord; bind c notogglevoice"
alias notogglevoice "-voicerecord; bind c togglevoice"
bind c togglevoice

This part just makes delightful noises when you shoot things. Backstabs and headshots cause great, deep rumbling noises. <3
// Noise
tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg 5
tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg 150

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Javaman said:

Each cart starts in the teams base at the top of the water stairs. It goes out across the bridge then to the right into the yard and up a ramp to the back stairs. After plummeting down to the enemy's basement resupply it moves into the ex-flag room for the final cap.

I better get to play this at least once tonight, I am heading home now and should be on in an hour.

And things already ding when I hit them, why would I need that script?

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
What ever happened with that minecraft map? I don't think we've ever played it. At least not when I was around.
I hopped on it once. I think we should give it a try again too...it could become bad with lots of engineers and snipers, but it's different at least!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Javaman said:

The map is prety good, but it needs something to make it so red and blue are dukeing it out after the hill. Maybe just connecting the indoor parts to each other would fix the problem.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
The 2fort payload map was cool, but like everyone was saying everything needs to be widened. On all the official payload maps, you're always able to move completely around the cart at all times. It felt really weird not being able to do this. It was especially bad when the enemy's cart gets parked in that doorway under your team's spawn since you can't move it and it's blocking the way. Again though it's a cool idea and it was a fun map.

I liked the brickyard one too, nice and small without any trudging from spawn.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I liked the minecraft level, but it could be due to it being the only map to run at a high and consistent FPS on my shitty laptop.

Seems hard to defend though.

moojito

I watched a demo of some pro scout player, and since then I can't see my weapon. I can't decide if I like it like that or not. I'm sticking with it for now. Do any of you lot play with weapons hidden?

Twig

Banned
Trying out new maps last night was great.

FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT WORK FOR ALL NEW MAPS!!

And you still haven't gotten rid of map voting...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can we do random maps instead of Map vote every time? The same maps get voted for every time, the GAF server has never played a full round of the orignal 6 maps yet while I was in, in 60 hours. I should know, I am missing one of them for that achivement of playing on all of them.

Also, while its most likely not the most loved mode, I would like to see Arena on the server too.

(._.)

Banned
Does the GAF server even rotate if an admin isn't on to change it? I mainly play on a couple of my favorite rotation servers but having the option to vote when I play on GAF is nice. Kind of annoying how the same four maps will be played again and again. I don't think I have yet to even play Junction on the GAF server (one of my fav maps).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the map will change as long as there is a player in the server. What I find funny is how often the map gets left on is Harvest, I guess it says something about what people like :lol

It seems the formula to kill the server all the way is normal map > custom map > 2nd normal map > Harvest

Twig

Banned
People used to love Harvest. I still do.

God knows it's better than the Dustbowl/Goldrush/Steel/Badwater rotation that occurs every single night. VARIETY, PEOPLE. IT'S ABOUT VARIETY. LEARN TO LOVE IT, IT'S BETTER THAN THE ALTERNATIVE.
(._.) said:
Does the GAF server even rotate if an admin isn't on to change it?
Yes, but it's all stupidly vote-based.
Kind of annoying how the same four maps will be played again and again. I don't think I have yet to even play Junction on the GAF server (one of my fav maps).
YES. IT IS ANNOYING, ISN'T IT? GEE, I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT LIKE THAT BEFORE, RIGHT GUYS?

GUYS?

Twig

Banned
Not random map, but just rotation.

2f2f has a very specific and complicated rotation based on the time of day and the number of players on the server. It's insane. They also have a billion maps.

We don't need that, but just something that ensures all maps, even if they're not DUSTBOWL GOLDRUSH STEEL BADWATER get some play. Who cares if a few people don't like them? EVERY MAP has someone who doesn't like it. I play on those maps anyway, because I'M NOT A LITTLE BITCH WHO QUITS WHEN THINGS DON'T GO HIS WAY.

THAT'S RIGHT.

GAF SERVER IS BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I still think Random Map would be better for a quick fix unless someone wants to get down and come up with the exact rotation it should be.

Twig

Banned
Random means that it's possible that none of the most popular maps will get picked. And, unfortunately, those maps are a necessity, because they draw in more players. It also means the server might never pick Other maps that people specifically want.

But, then again, the nice thing about the GAF server is it has a million Admins, so we can still change the map manually if we want. (NO ADMIN ABUSE, JAVA.)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So you want it to go like, Dustbowl > Some Arena mode > Goldrush > Steel > 2fort > Harvest > Badwater, ect? Or to be dynamic and go "There are 24 players on the server, now going to Upwards", "Currently only 7 people on the server, going to Harvest next", "Nob has joined the game, next map will be the single map nob hates less then other maps" :lol

Twig

Banned
I said NOT like 2f2f! Just a simple rotation will do!

Hell, we could even VOTE ON THAT ROTATION, and then change it later if necessary!

(._.)

Banned
Just a rotation of all the good maps running back to back works.

I'm fine with playing every map as long as we aren't stuck playing a stalemate game of 2Fort/ctf for 40 minutes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
(._.) said:

I'm fine with playing every map as long as we aren't stuck playing a stalemate game of 2Fort/ctf for 40 minutes.
I think thats why there is a 20 minute map time. What I wish is that the server would be able to pick up when its a stalemate or not. Like "When server time hits 20 minutes, If game has timer, wait till timer to hit 0, if not end map right there"

It seems most of the time the timer has to be overidden, or it could end a payload game mid match.

Twig

Banned
(._.) said:
And which ones are those, huh?

Exactly.

The only map almost no one ever EVER wants to play is 2fort, but even I enjoy 2fort from time to time.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
GAF Server IP: 68.232.178.184:27015
Steam Community group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Neogaf-TF2
28tdtld.jpg

new PAGE

rac

Banned
I took your guys advice and opted to craft a hat without going for a class specific. I ended up getting the engineers safe n sound which I'm quite pleased with (second favorite class). So thanks for that gaf. Only question is if it is trade able or not.

Twig

Banned
Boonoo said:
Kuro is a 50 posts per page peasant confirmed.

50pppp.
someone needs to buy a gold account

ps i just noticed that pov-record broke recently and i've missed out on a ton of demos since then ():

good thing there was only one thing i could remember wanting a video of and it wasn't that great anyway

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Twig said:
And which ones are those, huh?

Exactly.

The only map almost no one ever EVER wants to play is 2fort, but even I enjoy 2fort from time to time.
I enjoy 2fort if I can play it for 20 minuets about once a week. Not much more.

commissar

There are pretty much zero servers running steel in their line up locally, so I really appreciate being able to play it on the gaf server.

Custom maps are a bit of a fail as no one seems to want to download them. Look how empty the server gets on cashworks and frontier :[

Also we should play junction some time.

edit: and confidence man's map!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Couldn't we also lower the map vote to 2 maps? Sure, you will get situations where people will go "ah, these both suck!" but still, with the 6 it is now the same set of maps always shows up on the voting.

Sciz

Drkirby said:
but still, with the 6 it is now the same set of maps always shows up on the voting.
That isn't, or at least shouldn't be the case. Mani is set to filter out the last 14 maps that have been played.

Twig

Banned
commissar said:
There are pretty much zero servers running steel in their line up locally, so I really appreciate being able to play it on the gaf server.
everyone loves steel so

i don't believe you

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sciz said:
That isn't, or at least shouldn't be the case. Mani is set to filter out the last 14 maps that have been played.
When we play tonight, lets keep track. I have my doubts about it working.

Are you sure when we cancel a map vote or manually change it that it doesn't reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom