• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Twig said:
Last night was amazing because I got to play maps I hadn't seen for ages and the server didn't empty until the usual time (about 10-11pm PST).

In fact, we even started EARLY, and kept going and going! It was awesome. We still played Goldrush, Dustbowl, Steel, Badwater, but because they were interspersed among many other maps, it was much more fun.

I'm also ecstatic that RTV never actually succeeds because 1) n0b tells me it would reset the rotation and 2) we actually get to play the maps because most people don't actually care that much. It's more a matter of, when presented with a list, they always vote for the same ones because they're the favorites, but when forced onto a map via rotation, most people are perfectly happy just playing that map until the next one rolls along.

also i finally broke fifty hours on spy woo
I noticed that. I was thinking "Ok, I want to get to bed early tonight, so no TF2"

at 1 AM, when I failed at getting to bed before midnight, I took a quick look at my friends list, to see people still playing TF2!

I choice poorly last night :(

Javaman

GAF Server IP: 68.232.178.184:27015
Steam Community group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Neogaf-TF2

28tdtld.jpg

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Dear Dog Chasing Cars,

Please be more cognizant of the flaming ball of hate that's flying directly at your face for a good 2 or 3 seconds.

pv87p.gif

RGrcs.gif

Love,

Borgnine

Blizzard

Banned
Borgnine said:
Dear Dog Chasing Cars,

Please be more cognizant of the flaming ball of hate that's flying directly at your face for a good 2 or 3 seconds.
Whenever I see crit-rockets flying towards my face, I pretty much just sit there and watch them. They're soooooo shiny.

I may have no reflexes, and maybe that's also why I don't react, BUT STILL.

Clydefrog

Borgnine said:
Dear Dog Chasing Cars,

Love,

Borgnine

I'm pretty sure you had about 200 crit rockets tonight.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wanted to play Panic :(

At least I found out TF2 is playable with a USB Saturn Pad. D-Pad to aim, B to go up, Y to go back, A and C for strife left and right, left shoulder to fire, right to talk, X to change weapon, Z for alt fire, start to jump. Felt like playing something like Golden Eye or Doom :lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Drkirby said:

At least I found out TF2 is playable with a USB Saturn Pad. D-Pad to aim, B to go up, Y to go back, A and C for strife left and right, left shoulder to fire, right to talk, X to change weapon, Z for alt fire, start to jump. Felt like playing something like Golden Eye or Doom :lol
What about disguise changes?

Dog?! Cognizant?! He can't even see an engie behind him wrenching away...

Drkirby said:

smh2.gif

1-D_FTW

Seems like the latest patch (multi-core update) has solved my framerate issues. Upgrading do a quad core didn't even solve what was going on for me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, I think for the next week I am going to play some nonpyro classes to try and mix it up a bit. What class should I play tonight?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Drkirby said:
Ok, I think for the next week I am going to play some nonpyro classes to try and mix it up a bit. What class should I play tonight?

Soldier, Demo, Engineer, Scout, Spy, Sniper, Heavy, or Medic.

Twig

Banned
We should also include the list of custom maps currently on the server in the Server IP Post.

IN MY HUMBLE GODDAMN OPINION

unifin

So I have TF2 on both the OS X and Windows sides of my PC. Mac side seems to be functioning *better* than it did before, but now I'm getting this weird bug where people with certain hats or weapons have a gigantic red ERROR message above their heads instead of the item in question.

Haven't been able to find anything online about it. Help GAF?

Sciz

unifin said:
So I have TF2 on both the OS X and Windows sides of my PC. Mac side seems to be functioning *better* than it did before, but now I'm getting this weird bug where people with certain hats or weapons have a gigantic red ERROR message above their heads instead of the item in question.

That's the default Source model for when it encounters a problem loading up some prop asset. Try verifying the game cache files, just it case it isn't Valve's fault.

Boonoo

Alright! so this highlander business is finally getting underway.

We're lucky enough to be in a 3 team group, so we're getting a bye the first week. So in the end we'll just have to play 2 matches, which ain't too bad.

Week 2 runs October 4-10
Week 3 runs October 11-17

I don't see which maps we'll be playing yet.

I was thinking Saturday evening games would work well; hopefully we have enough back ups that it shouldn't really be a problem.

I'm not too sure about the server either. My team's comp server only holds 17; maybe we could borrow the GAF server for the matches, though, if the other team doesn't have one.

Everyone on the team will get a medal regardless of whether you play or not.

Here's the team list.

benhuberGAF
bombdigiti
Boonoo
GAFBlizzard
n0b
Ner0h
notsol337
pet
rac
ReRixo
Spire
Striker
Twig

Feel free to loosely call classes--we may switch things up when we actually gather for a match.

(._.)

Banned
Talk of the HL tourny reminded me that my team was put on the wait list because half the members took forever to sign up ;_;

always next year

Boonoo

(._.) said:
Talk of the HL tourny reminded me that my team was put on the wait list because half the members took forever to sign up ;_;

always next year

Well everyone was on the wait list. Did you check the Group Phase page to see if your team showed up?

I got dibs on scout, with sniper as a second! Unless Boonoo is the scout, that is.

You can scout. I think I'll engie.

(._.)

Banned
Boonoo said:
Well everyone was on the wait list. Did you check the Group Phase page to see if your team showed up?
Oh, nah. Just did and we aren't on it. I was told by the leader of my group that there was a wait list of 350-something teams by the time ours had enough people to be accepted. We were added to the wait list and personally I think we stood a solid chance just as much as everybody but I guess I'll be sitting this tourney out. Hopefully this takes off so all sorts of sites want to start sponsoring these.

Boonoo

(._.) said:
Oh, nah. Just did and we aren't on it. I was told by the leader of my group that there was a wait list of 350-something teams by the time ours had enough people to be accepted. We were added to the wait list and personally I think we stood a solid chance just as much as everybody but I guess I'll be sitting this tourney out. Hopefully this takes off so all sorts of sites want to start sponsoring these.

While highlander tournaments aren't too common, 6v6 leagues are pretty much on going. They seem to last about 3 months with 1 or 2 months between seasons.

If you wanted to get into those you could get your team ready and start practicing now with an eye to start up next season.

Personally, I've always found the scrims to be more fun than the matches, so if you have a team it's pretty easy to get scrims going whenever you want (for 6v6 anyway). With highlander I guess you'd have to use tf2lobby since no one really looks for highlander scrims in IRC.

jambo

unifin said:

Verify the integrity of the game cache

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

=]

VS Saxton Hale Mod

Click fullscreen, the basic idea is like Arena, except it's all of Red Team versus a superpowered Saxton Hale (Soldier is placeholder, but there's already a model and animations as you can see). He even has a "Scream" attack that can explode people.

More details here and here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom