• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

webrunner

Just thought I'd drop some thoughts:

Some of The Meet the Team videos had to be in this order: Sandvich, Medic, Sniper, Heavy, Scout, Soldier.

This is because we see the last four being filmed in Meet the Director, Meet the Medic had to already have been filmed at that point, and Meet the Medic happens after Meet the Sandvich as the sandvich is half eaten in Meet the Medic.

(demo, engineer, and spy unknown, presumably Demo and Engineer could be concurrent with Meet the Director as well.)

Tkawsome said:
2) Any tips of spotting a spy? Seems like every minute or so I'm getting shanked.

Some good tips:
http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Spychecking

If you suspect someone is a spy run at them. If they try to avoid you shoot the fuck out of them. If they dont run away and you bump into them and can't move further, they are a spy.

A spy will try to avoid direct physical contact at all costs.

Of course try as you might, you WILL forget to do this in the heat of the battle and you WILL get backstabbed by decent spies.

Ikuu said:
Tried to Coach someone and he pretty much ignored everything I told him to do :lol
Well, you ain't getting those Professor's Speks!

Don't listen to Artistdude, he's a dirty spy!

Actually, the 0.5 seconds to cloak you get from the Enforcer are pretty notable.

DarkKyo

I'm trying to paint items in tf2 itemtest.. but everytime I choose a paint color and click "ok" it loses the color I chose and returns to no color. Is there something I'm not doing right?

Yeef

Dechaios said:
I'm trying to paint items in tf2 itemtest.. but everytime I choose a paint color and click "ok" it loses the color I chose and returns to no color. Is there something I'm not doing right?
Pretty sure you have to click 'apply new settings' or whatever it says in the lower right.

Blizzard

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
Sandman's killing taunt>>any other taunt. You're so vulnerable, but when you land it is incredibly satisfying. =D
Yeah, I've probably only legitimately done it once -- I think I tauntkilled some sniper out of a doublecross window where he was crouched. He flew like 150 feet across the map and splatted near the bridge. *crowd cheer sound*

DarkKyo

Yeef said:
Pretty sure you have to click 'apply new settings' or whatever it says in the lower right.
Yeah I forgot to mention I've been clicking that too. It only updates the headgear. My problem is that each individual headgear toggle doesn't save the paint color I chose. If I go back in to modify it says that I've chosen no paint.

Thanks guy with cat avatar for the free gift last night. And to the duder that traded me the demo man booties for the degreaser thanks bro. Now to get thenew demo man hat.

(._.)

Banned
Blizzard said:
Yeah, I've probably only legitimately done it once -- I think I tauntkilled some sniper out of a doublecross window where he was crouched. He flew like 150 feet across the map and splatted near the bridge. *crowd cheer sound*
Like three weeks ago on as server I go on some guy kept getting taunt killed on harvest. Hor something. got him with the scout, sniper, heavy, and soldier taunt kill all back to back.

Yeef

Dechaios said:
Yeah I forgot to mention I've been clicking that too. It only updates the headgear. My problem is that each individual headgear toggle doesn't save the paint color I chose. If I go back in to modify it says that I've chosen no paint.
Are you sure the hat is paintable? If it's it's not it won't apply any paint.

Unrelated bug: if you set a class hat and then switch back to all all classes it'll spawn every class wearing the class hat. Usually they're will be all sorts of clipping and positioning errors on the other classes, but most engineer hats fit every other class just fine.

commissar

DogWelder said:
I uinstalled TF2, I won't be playing for a while. I'll see ya guys around. Yeef, you can de-admin me.
oh! :(

Well many thanks for all the fun times and hilarity Doug :)
Take care of yourself and best of luck getting things done!

Evlar

Banned
(._.) said:
Like three weeks ago on as server I go on some guy kept getting taunt killed on harvest. Hor something. got him with the scout, sniper, heavy, and soldier taunt kill all back to back.
Narcolepsy? Awake just long enough to run out of spawn, and then snooze time?

Chavelo

Clydefrog said:
I don’t know the worth of Ze Goggles or a Vintage Spy Beard. I do however have Ze Goggles if you want to trade. If someone can confirm that is a fair trade, I’ll do it!
Sweet. Add me on steam: chavelo and we can talk more about it. :D

DarkKyo

Yeef said:
Are you sure the hat is paintable? If it's it's not it won't apply any paint.

Unrelated bug: if you set a class hat and then switch back to all all classes it'll spawn every class wearing the class hat. Usually they're will be all sorts of clipping and positioning errors on the other classes, but most engineer hats fit every other class just fine.
Yeah, I was painting the Crocleather Slouch and a couple other paintable ones. What is weird is that I can get unusual effects to appear on them. Just not paint :(

Yeef

Dechaios said:
Yeah, I was painting the Crocleather Slouch and a couple other paintable ones. What is weird is that I can get unusual effects to appear on them. Just not paint :(
Sounds like Valve just broke it like they broke team spirit paint.

You could also try going through the store preview instead of the using item test if you just want to see what it looks like a certain color.

Zomba13

I love the servers with the F2P people. Got 14 backstabs in a single life and I suck at spy. Even had medics healing me after he'd been shooting at me/seeing me stab his buddies!
F2P is best update ever.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
webrunner said:
You know what kinda makes me feel bad? Playing as a demo/heavy, shootin' stuff up, then running out of ammo right after getting ubered.

I feel like I just wasted someone's time.
Yeah, I had that happen two nights ago as Pyro. I did kill a heavy with my shotgun though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
desh said:
No. It is better than the black box, yes. It is not better than the vanilla rocket launcher. I don't know how many times I wish I had that extra rocket when I'm rolling with the Liberty Launcher.
I remember kritzing you on a map...

EXTRA ROCKET DIDN'T HELP YOU THERE! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Forkball

Just played around in one of the Valve servers as a Saharan Spy, I was the only one with an avatar there. Dustbowl, on defense. It was pretty damn hilarious, I broke my point and backstab record for a Spy, although I could have done a lot better if it wasn't so janky. There were some very clear backstabs that didn't register. Strangely enough even though I was stabbing them left and right we LOST the first two stages because they no one was on the damn point. Favorite things to do:

- Backstab a heavy, have medic keep healing me as I backstab new people
- Call for Medic, lead them into a sentry trap, watch them get murdered
- Stab people when they're taunting my DR corpse
- Slash at them in the face while they figure out what the hell is going on
- Backstab Spies who stand still while trying to disguise

I feel a bit bad, but the Pyros did seem to get more alert as time went on, so I'm actually doing them a service!

Yeef

Forkball said:
Just played around in one of the Valve servers as a Saharan Spy, I was the only one with an avatar there.
Apparently since the update you can only see avatars of people on your friends list. Not sure if it's a bug or a feature. If I had to guess I'd say it's intentional, just like sprays are disabled on Valve servers.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeef said:
Apparently since the update you can only see avatars of people on your friends list. Not sure if it's a bug or a feature. If I had to guess I'd say it's intentional, just like sprays are disabled on Valve servers.
Smart people at Valve, very smart.

Forkball

Yeef said:
Really? I thought it was because that means they haven't set up a Steam community page yet. I could have sworn I saw avatars of people who weren't on my friends list since the last update.

Ketch

Take care Dougie!

Today's gonna be my last day playing for two or three months. Gotta go sell freedom fries to the uninformed. Hopefully we can get a good bunch of regulars on tonight for good shove off.

Weenerz

Banned
Forkball said:
Really? I thought it was because that means they haven't set up a Steam community page yet. I could have sworn I saw avatars of people who weren't on my friends list since the last update.

Has to be it, since I've seen plenty of people on pub servers with avatars. But I can confirm that sprays do not work on the Valve servers =(

DogWelder

Thanks everybody. . . I'll see y'all in due time. lol @ Yeef, I'm not a drug addict man!

Kuro Madoushi said:
Ummm...
esc = doug welder
Dog welder = dog welder
LOL. It's kinda like the whole Clydefrog <-> Clivefrog thing going on. WHICH IS IT ARTEMIS?

I actually just got my name changed two days ago by bish.

Conceptor

Would like to thank the medic who ubered me when I was a spy last night on the GAF server!! Was also able to get that FYI I am spy cheesemint too. :B

Clydefrog

DogWelder said:
LOL. It's kinda like the whole Clydefrog <-> Clivefrog thing going on. WHICH IS IT ARTEMIS?

hahaha I was going to mention the dog/doug thing today because you mentioned the clive/clyde thing last night in-game.

MADNESS - ALL OF IT

Yeef

Forkball said:
It may only be on Valve's servers and servers that are in the matchmaking pool (GAF server automatically excluded from matchmaking because it has fixed damage spread).

Uriah

I wish Valve would make an action house or something so I could get rid of items I don't need. Having to use the trading post is annoying, as is spending time in a trading server.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
DogWelder said:
Thanks everybody. . . I'll see y'all in due time. lol @ Yeef, I'm not a drug addict man!

too many name changes! >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom